Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland (25740 Views)

5 Great Differences Between Guys And Ladies / WTH! Bridegroom Molests a guest on his own wedding / What Would You Miss If You Were To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
5 Features you miss as a guest on Nairaland
Being a registered member of Nairaland comes with its unique thrill and benefits. Visiting nairaland as a guest excludes you from such benefits. Some of the features and benefits guest viewers miss out on are as below:

Signatures: Looking at the signature of some users can be educative, informative and sometimes annoying. Even as a registered user, I didn't know I was missing out on this feature until I created my own signature. Peoples signature can give some level of insight about their real life personalities.

Likes: There are some pretty funny and very enlightening posts on nairaland that just makes you laugh and feel good that you feel like returning the favour to such posters for making your day by hitting their like button. As a guest you don't get to see the like buttons let alone hitting one.

Follow: You may come across some topics that are of high interest to you. But as a guest on the forum, you simply miss out on following such topics as you won't receive notifications when such threads are updated. At times it might take you minutes and lots of data to browse through the large collection of topics before you finally locate you favourite thread.

Mention: The fun of being a user of a forum is not complete if no one ever knows of your existence, talkless of quoting or mentioning you. The mention feature is one great feature that gives you relevance as a registerd user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a particular thread or topic.

Reply:
Finally, being just an observer in my opinion has little or no fun. Making things happen or being among those who makes things happen in any forum or group or arena can be fulfilling on its own. It gives you a sense of relevance. As a guest, you miss out in contributing to very educative and informative topics.

There are many other features on Nairaland not available to guest, but these are the ones that really thrills me as a registered user.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by bist: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Noted!

Is it just me or there's something different abt this post!!!

OMG! WTF!! FTC!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by HisSexcellency(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Will be right back.... Phcn just brought light, make i go hug transformer first before i comment

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by hatux: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
So? You think some are here for the same reasons as yours....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by eleojo23: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
6. Another 'great feature' you 'miss' is the insults and silly comments by childish people who quote you. smiley

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by lawrenceunaa: 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
7) u would also save urself from insults from ignorant fellows who don't share same idea as u cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by sopoundz(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
lemme add to d op.. they miss fun of "first to comment" aka FTC. I smell frontpage things

UPDATE
ah! I knew diz ish was frontpage material n I would bin d first to comment if nt for d posters abv me

9 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by freshness2020: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
So true OP..
The likes, mentions and the Shares are so on point. (I always refresh my browser for these features when I make comment. Lol).
Like ♈όϋ earlier stated , they really make ♈όϋ look relevant when ♈όϋ comment on a thread! (For the guests) Don't just learn by bn an onlooker alone come on board and let's rub minds together! I got to know Nairaland late. But τ̲̅ђe good thing is that am part of history!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by PapaNnamdi: 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
HisSexcellency: Will be right back.... Phcn just brought light, make i go hug transformer first before i comment

grin grin the kain ppl wey de dis forum enh, chai grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by ajahexcel(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
front page Please
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Big4wig(m): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
If dis makes fp,den nairaland would be getting more users

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
online personality
followers
following
create topics
profile pictures
e-mail messages
craze for fp,ftc,stc,ttc,etc
being banned
being copied on politics section threads
recognised on birthdays

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by temmyt20(m): 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmmm.....
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
FP for the first time in the annals of Nairaland.....this land is for Sale cheesy contact at signature to buy land

6 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by missdebs(f): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
being a guest on nl alone is fun n looks lyk heaven......just until u register n explore more, chai

5 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Waspy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Taaaah....Op, you ain't getting no "like" from me, if that's what you looking for.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Princess4eva(f): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Big4wig: If dis makes fp,den nairaland would be getting more users

Seun wud like this die!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
egopersonified: Quote
online personality
followers
following
create topics
profile pictures
e-mail messages
craze for fp,ftc,stc,ttc,etc

I understand fp (front page), ftc (first to comment), but stc, ttc and maybe etc, I don't seem to understand them. Maybe I've still got alot to learn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Waspy: Taaaah....Op, you ain't getting no "like" from me, if that's what you looking for.

Hahaha, funny dude smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
dadojo:

I understand fp (front page), ftc (first to comment), but stc, ttc and maybe etc, I don't seem to understand them. Maybe I've still got alot to learn cheesy

stc-second to comment
ttc-third to comment
etc-etcetera
saw a thread where they were even competing for last to comment.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by spanzed(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
I agree with you OP
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
after my weed, the next most important thing to me nairaland. the best part of my day is when i'm pooping, ma weed in my mouth and nairaland on ma palm. i love nairaland

8 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Sepp360(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
there's nothing more interesting and worth experiencing than being "banned"...
Only registered NL's can be banned.... Lolz!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by olempe(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
eleojo23: 6. Another 'great feature' you 'miss' is being shielded from insults and silly comments by childish people who quote you.
True thingy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
egopersonified:

stc-second to comment
ttc-third to comment
etc-etcetera
saw a thread where they were even competely for last to comment.

cheesy ltc- Last to comment I guess!
Was just teasing on etc...
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sepp360: there's nothing more interesting and worth experiencing than being "banned"...
Only registered NL's can be banned.... Lolz!

Being banned feels like a prison sentence, and you always try all you can to break-out, like creating new usernames. I once registered up to 8 email addresses because I kept being banned for no reason. I was really frustrated.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by dwilliams: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
How much will Mr Seun pay u, Abi ur Oversabi na ju st 2 make front page

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
most importantly,you miss the SEXUALITY SECTION!!! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Sepp360(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
dadojo:

Being banned feels like a prison sentence, and you always try all you can to break-out, like creating new usernames. I once registered up to 8 email addresses because I kept being banned for no reason. I was really frustrated.
lolz!... I love the frustration that comes with it. Only witnessed it once thou, before creating a new account, and since then, "be careful" became my botanical name. Lolz!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by imsuboi(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
sure bet front page grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by funshyboi(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
egopersonified:

stc-second to comment
ttc-third to comment
etc-etcetera
saw a thread where they were even competely for last to comment.
you don't mean it, fighting for last to comment, some pple are damn funny

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
this is so true....I can remember wen I was a quest here up until my first comment.....I was like 'wooow....did I really do dat?'....i've come to really like NL thanks to my sis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ewu, Edo. Lives Lost, Property Destroyed (pics) / Send A Shoutout To Nairalanders That Made You Smile This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.