Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland (25756 Views)

5 Great Differences Between Guys And Ladies / WTH! Bridegroom Molests a guest on his own wedding / What Would You Miss If You Were To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by kaadibia(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2014
As a new nairalander, I don't even know my left from right cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by fubbyy(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2014
I still don't know what this "share" feature does, I need an enlightenment
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2014
fubbyy: I still don't know what this "share" feature does, I need an enlightenment
If you have followers and you like a comment or topic you can share it to them also.All you need to do is click on share.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2014
dadojo: 5 Features you miss as a guest on Nairaland
Being a registered member of Nairaland comes with its unique thrill and benefits. Visiting nairaland as a guest excludes you from such benefits. Some of the features and benefits guest viewers miss out on are as below:

Signatures: Looking at the signature of some users can be educative, informative and sometimes annoying. Even as a registered user, I didn't know I was missing out on this feature until I created my own signature. Peoples signature can give some level of insight about their real life personalities.

Likes: There are some pretty funny and very enlightening posts on nairaland that just makes you laugh and feel good that you feel like returning the favour to such posters for making your day by hitting their like button. As a guest you don't get to see the like buttons let alone hitting one.

Follow: You may come across some topics that are of high interest to you. But as a guest on the forum, you simply miss out on following such topics as you won't receive notifications when such threads are updated. At times it might take you minutes and lots of data to browse through the large collection of topics before you finally locate you favourite thread.

Mention: The fun of being a user of a forum is not complete if no one ever knows of your existence, talkless of quoting or mentioning you. The mention feature is one great feature that gives you relevance as a registerd user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a particular thread or topic.

Reply:
Finally, being just an observer in my opinion has little or no fun. Making things happen or being among those who makes things happen in any forum or group or arena can be fulfilling on its own. It gives you a sense of relevance. As a guest, you miss out in contributing to very educative and informative topics.

There are many other features on Nairaland not available to guest, but these are the ones that really thrills me as a registered user.
You can't also view profile pictures of fellow Nairalanders.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by dabossman(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2014
funshyboi: you don't mean it, fighting for last to comment, some pple are damn funny

Ol'boy it's true o! I was once involved in a football thread like that. For two days after the game we were still fighting for last to comment. It was silly but funny at the same time. The comments were just hilarious.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by freshness2020: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
mayor4utd:

Are u actually able to check out the people that liked your post cos am not able to do that?. Is the feature not available or I don't know how to go about doing it. Kindly educate me.
Same man, ♈όϋ don't get to see the invincible! Lol!
♈όϋ can only get that from the "mentions" feature !
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Superstar007:

Oya tell the truth and shame the devil tongue
heh heh!....which truth kwa??.....ah never talk d truth ?ah am cool u ooo
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2014
patrickdarlins: hahahh...na she be dis oo....na she her sister introduced to nairaland lately...make una check her profile....una go catch her....lols.....runs outa thread
y u deh run nah?....or u think say u deh safe wia u run to??...mek I catch u first u go hiaram
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
AriDsexy:
Ok dear,totally forgotten.
bera
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
kaadibia: As a new nairalander, I don't even know my left from right cry
don't worry too much....u go learn small small just like me wink
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by cantell(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Op fit be Oga Seun himself! That guy na cunny man.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Vikky014: Smokers are liable to.......complete it abeg
leave that thing abeg, it is only applicable to cigarette smokers. even obama smoked weed and invented his own pattern of inhalation. weed rules
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Harrybanty(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
I was banned at a time. Know what i did? I started mailing all the mods and begging for forgiveness! Lolz.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
funshyboi: pls help wid the link
It is in the literature section.Its up too 300 pages.It is a word game.The last to finish is d winner.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
NmaGOD44: y u deh run nah?....or u think say u deh safe wia u run to??...mek I catch u first u go hiaram
hahahah....u no fit catch me jor...i de sambisa forest...shekau castle....so prepare if u won come oo....lols
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Princesschi(f): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
U also miss the opportunity to 'book space/land'
just incase u dont have d chance to comment at d moment.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
HisSexcellency: Will be right back.... Phcn just brought light, make i go hug transformer first before i comment
What a coincidence! Immidiately i read ur comment na so phcn jus bring our light wey no dey for d past 3 days. Na so i rush go charge my fone wey don almost di e.Wat a phcn reaction!
E bé like ur papa dey work for nepa se?
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Vikky014(f): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Slonge2: leave that thing abeg, it is only applicable to cigarette smokers. even obama smoked weed and invented his own pattern of inhalation. weed rules
hmmmm
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by cuttiemama(f): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
dwilliams: How much will Mr Seun pay u, Abi ur Oversabi na ju st 2 make front page

Sorry. That ain't relevant.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by funshyboi(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
dabossman:

Ol'boy it's true o! I was once involved in a football thread like that. For two days after the game we were still fighting for last to comment. It was silly but funny at the same time. The comments were just hilarious.

lolz, our sense of humor is great,much even more than dat of dose whites
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by HisSexcellency(m): 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
StoneColdBiceps:
What a coincidence! Immidiately i read ur comment na so phcn jus bring our light wey no dey for d past 3 days. Na so i rush go charge my fone wey don almost di e.Wat a phcn reaction!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by raj5151(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
My website link and signature not shown in my profile. How it works?
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Aroniyo200(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks op. I never knew I was even a member since November 3 2006 until I read your post. I sometimes lamented not being able to make contributions to important posts. It is true, what you don't know is above you, no matter how simple it is. Your post is the last straw that broke the camel's back. Thanks so, so much.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Eberex(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
dadojo: 5 Features you miss as a guest on Nairaland
Being a registered member of Nairaland comes with its unique thrill and benefits. Visiting nairaland as a guest excludes you from such benefits. Some of the features and benefits guest viewers miss out on are as below:

[b]Signatures: Looking at the signature of some users can be educative, informative and sometimes annoying. Even as a registered user, I didn't know I was missing out on this feature until I created my own signature. Peoples signature can give some level of insight about their real life personalities.

Likes: There are some pretty funny and very enlightening posts on nairaland that just makes you laugh and feel good that you feel like returning the favour to such posters for making your day by hitting their like button. As a guest you don't get to see the like buttons let alone hitting one.

Follow: You may come across some topics that are of high interest to you. But as a guest on the forum, you simply miss out on following such topics as you won't receive notifications when such threads are updated. At times it might take you minutes and lots of data to browse through the large collection of topics before you finally locate you favourite thread.

Mention: The fun of being a user of a forum is not complete if no one ever knows of your existence, talkless of quoting or mentioning you. The mention feature is one great feature that gives you relevance as a registerd user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a particular thread or topic.

Reply:
Finally, being just an observer in my opinion has little or no fun. Making things happen or being among those who makes things happen in any forum or group or arena can be fulfilling on its own. It gives you a sense of relevance. As a guest, you miss out in contributing to very educative and informative topics.

There are many other features on Nairaland not available to guest, but these are the ones that really thrills me as a registered user.

But when i click the like button on someone else comment how am i different from a guest if the person cannot identify who liked his/her comment?
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
patrickdarlins: hahahah....u no fit catch me jor...i de sambisa forest...shekau castle....so prepare if u won come oo....lols
right on my way.....u bera not look back cos u r gonna stumble and dat will b my catch....
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by zyzxx(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
NL the greatest place to learn english
Where u will be afraid to comment because if they catch ur gbaguans u are dead.

But God I find it so easy to preach nairaland dan d gospel. Even NL makes me to challenge myself dat I must preach d gospel.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by zyzxx(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
StoneColdBiceps:
o boy se no be Sey u too wan hug transformer be dat? Easy oo cheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
NmaGOD44: right on my way.....u bera not look back cos u r gonna stumble and dat will b my catch....
we dont look back while in a jet flight.....forward ever ....backward naaahhhhhhh....lols...give it up sweety...am so far gone.....hahahahaa....
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nonychinonso(m): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
All this features means nothing ok
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NmaGOD44(f): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
patrickdarlins: we dont look back while in a jet flight.....forward ever ....backward naaahhhhhhh....lols...give it up sweety...am so far gone.....hahahahaa....
alright den....my hands are up...just have a pleasant sleep smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Highest help You Ever Received? / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ewu, Edo. Lives Lost, Property Destroyed (pics) / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.