Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 (3764 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
beopened: 90% of all those who are against this good combination are from the other side of the Niger River where Bigotry reigns supreme hence true Nigerians should never be afraid to try something new

Buhari is the fear of all looters and corrupt individuals hence the palpable fear by the elites against him.....

They know they cant pin corruption on him but because the man do not smile......they say he is a fanatic,

Because he does not carry Olosho girls like the rest of them......they say he is too rigid,

Because he does not care about Private Jet.......they say he cant be trusted yet a sincere and open minded Nigerian knows that he is the man we need to help us run the principalities and powers sitting atop Nigeria's destiny into exile

Fashola on the other hand is a smart,suave,debonair dude who has been married to Emmanuela Abimbola for close to 20years. And he has never been known to put a Gun at the back of her head to convert into a Muslim

It is only a mediocre that will be satisfied with the present situation of things in Nigeria

Again why are you not compaigning for Fashola Presidency?

Why is a military dictator who made a mockery of everything democracy represents in your wisdom better than the 2 time democratically elected Governor of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
To hell with wateva religion they practice, no body bloody cares, all we need is credibility and competence on d job, as for those insisting we must stil go in the way of religuous combination, re u tellin m even if the individuals are not credible, you'l b ok wt it?
If that is it, PDP has already gvn u that, u can folo in the steps of ffk, he can be a role model to u in dat regard
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
swtdrms: To hell with wateva religion they practice, no body bloody cares, all we need is credibility and competence on d job, as for those insisting we must stil go in the way of religuous combination, re u tellin m even if the individuals are not credible, you'l b ok wt it?
If that is it, PDP has already gvn u that, u can folo in the steps of ffk, he can be a role model to u in dat regard

Never mind religious debate

You can't even select the best man for the job

Buhari should ideally not be the political candidate of any serious Democratic political Party

What a joke of a people !
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
And based on what criteria is Buhari not corrupt?

This man has taken part in 3 elections that no one knows who funds them, we don't know what Buhari does for a living these days, he has never published the names of his campaign donors or how much they donate? I don't even know if he has ever declared his asset and yet he is Mr transparent?

Please based on what criteria?
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by jedisco(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
It's funny when people say Buhari/Fashola ticket and ask people to be logical all in thesame sentence.
The fact is that they are far from being logical.

Fashola remains the best APC has to offer and any permutation that doesn't put him as the candidate is in itself illogical.

Secondly, the idea that Buhari would ever win a presidential election in this country is even more illogical. But I would leave it at that.

If you are asking people to be logical, try and be logical yourself. If you think Fashola who is APCs best candidate shouldn't run because of some illogical reasons, then don't question anyones resolve to vote Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lacasa: 12:17am On Sep 20, 2014
beopened: 90% of all those who are against this good combination are from the other side of the Niger River where Bigotry reigns supreme hence true Nigerians should never be afraid to try something new

Buhari is the fear of all looters and corrupt individuals hence the palpable fear by the elites against him.....

They know they cant pin corruption on him but because the man do not smile......they say he is a fanatic,

Because he does not carry Olosho girls like the rest of them......they say he is too rigid,

Because he does not care about Private Jet.......they say he cant be trusted yet a sincere and open minded Nigerian knows that he is the man we need to help us run the principalities and powers sitting atop Nigeria's destiny into exile

Fashola on the other hand is a smart,suave,debonair dude who has been married to Emmanuela Abimbola for close to 20years. And he has never been known to put a Gun at the back of her head to convert into a Muslim

It is only a mediocre that will be satisfied with the present situation of things in Nigeria

This captures everything
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by chamboy(m): 2:06am On Sep 20, 2014
jedisco: It's funny when people say Buhari/Fashola ticket and ask people to be logical all in thesame sentence.

Fashola remains the best APC has to offer and any permutation that doesn't put him as the candidate is in itself illogical.

Secondly, the idea that Buhari would ever win a presidential election in this country is even more illogical. But I would leave it at that.

If you are asking people to be logical, try and be logical yourself. If you think Fashola who is APCs best candidate shouldn't run because of some illogical reasons, then don't question anyones resolve to vote Jonathan.
shitt on reasoning, it's that same shiit that gotten Nigeria to this level, if we continue thinking logical we going nowhere
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by LeSaint(m): 2:16am On Sep 20, 2014
cktheluckyman: A muslim-muslim ticket will never fly in today's nigeria!!! This is not 1993!! Too many blood ave been shed in the last few years on religious crisis in the north not to mention the ongoing boko haram crisis!! Flying a muslim-muslim ticket in 2015 will amount to political suicide

In practical terms, religion is absolutely irrelevant.
Christians and moslems are co-conspirators in looting the treasury, and undermining national institutions. It's only the poor man on the street who thinks religion religion!

Buhari/Fashola will be a terrific challenge to PDP, and a ray of hope for our dear country. I am non-partisan, a Xtian, andabove all, a patriot.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by LeSaint(m): 3:16am On Sep 20, 2014
jedisco: It's funny when people say Buhari/Fashola ticket and ask people to be logical all in thesame sentence.

Your position on Fashola strengthens the proposal - or do you know that he'd be offended by an offer of a VP ticket?
On your second point, you speak for yourself. Buhari is known across the length and breadth of this country, and he has come the closest to winning than any other opposition candidate. Even in the minds of the PDP juggernauts, the mention of the name Buhari raises palpitations, because of what he is known to stand for - see the analysis made earlier above by beopened.
Take someone like me; a Xtian Ibo, late 50s, apolitical (at least non-partisan), but wants what's best for my country and for my children going forward. I have seen and lived through a lot, including the Buhari/Idiagbon era, and I have no doubt in my mind that we have narrowed our problems down to bad governance (to wit, indiscipline and large scale corruption). I also know that no one has all his being focused on tackling this problem more than Buhari does. It should make no difference if he is Fulani, or Tuareg,or prays to a tree or doesn't pray at all, as long as we are assured of his devotion to that singular task.
And there are signs you'll know someone is so denoted in that regard; you'll see it is his demeanor, in his lifestyle, his acquisitions, his pastimes, his family's public profile. Fashola may reflect good governance, but he hasn't acquired comparable reputation in that regard. He is a bit of an establishment man. But he has lots of other complementing qualities that would make the duo dynamite.
Granted, the current Northern insecurity hasn't helped Buhari's public perception, but i tell you, if we miss the opportunity again this time, we'd miss the train for a long long time.
Pity a lot of people are beclouded with sentiments, emotions, unfounded perceptions and prejudices. But, unfortunately, the only ones who seem to see through it all are the very perpetrators of bad governance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by jedisco(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2014
LeSaint:

Your position on Fashola strengthens the proposal - or do you know that he'd be offended by an offer of a VP ticket?
On your second point, you speak for yourself. Buhari is known across the length and breadth of this country, and he has come the closest to winning than any other opposition candidate. Even in the minds of the PDP juggernauts, the mention of the name Buhari raises palpitations, because of what he is known to stand for - see the analysis made earlier above by beopened.
Take someone like me; a Xtian Ibo, late 50s, apolitical (at least non-partisan), but wants what's best for my country and for my children going forward. I have seen and lived through a lot, including the Buhari/Idiagbon era, and I have no doubt in my mind that we have narrowed our problems down to bad governance (to wit, indiscipline and large scale corruption). I also know that no one has all his being focused on tackling this problem more than Buhari does. It should make no difference if he is Fulani, or Tuareg,or prays to a tree or doesn't pray at all, as long as we are assured of his devotion to that singular task.
And there are signs you'll know someone is so denoted in that regard; you'll see it is his demeanor, in his lifestyle, his acquisitions, his pastimes, his family's public profile. Fashola may reflect good governance, but he hasn't acquired comparable reputation in that regard. He is a bit of an establishment man. But he has lots of other complementing qualities that would make the duo dynamite.
Granted, the current Northern insecurity hasn't helped Buhari's public perception, but i tell you, if we miss the opportunity again this time, we'd miss the train for a long long time.
Pity a lot of people are beclouded with sentiments, emotions, unfounded perceptions and prejudices. But, unfortunately, the only ones who seem to see through it all are the very perpetrators of bad governance.

1. My position on Fashola is simple. He is the best APC has to offer and any permutation that puts some other person before him because of some sentimental reason is to me illogical. I care less who runs as the VP. Fash would even be more useful to this country as a minister than as the VP which is merely a ceremonial position.

2. I still don't get it how after all this time, some people cannot understand Buhari's position. Buhari is too polar to win a national election in Nigeria. The reasons why he lost 3 elections have only grown bigger. Yes, he would get 12 million votes in the NE and NW but another 22 million against him in all other parts of the country. His best chance at winning was in 2011. Right now, his best use would be endorsing Fashola in the far north. Virtually any other candidate even Atiku would win Buhari in a national election.

3. Portraying Buhari as our saviour is illogical to common sense. I am a young Nigerian and I find it downright insulting that someone is asking me to bring back someone who contributed to putting Nigeria in its current state. We should be looking forward not backward. Most of the problems we are having in Nigeria today are things that would have been sorted out long ago if democracy was allowed to reign. I really don't want to delve into the Buhari issue so I would leave it at that.

4. Lastly and most importantly, you should be proud of who you are and not go around claiming another ethnicity. That is another low in itself. Even Igbo kids born and bred in Lagos who have never been to the East of even speak a single word in Igbo know better than to refer to themselves as Ibos, talk more of someone who claims he is an almost 60 yr old man. Dude be proud of who you are. It seems you're new in NL for you to still be using a tactic that failed woefully in 2011. Go back and read threads of people who claimed they were from the East and living in diaspora and they've come back and have won their whole local government for Buhari. Well we know how all that ended.

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by GLOBALX: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2014
nanospy007:

This is why you people will forever remain behind! What has it benefited Nigeria when it was a Muslim-Christian, Christian-Muslim, Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim? I am a Christian and I do not care or give a damn so far as they are people of proven records, honest, hardworking and will put Nigeria back on the map of progress and complete destruction of corruption from the life of Nigeria! This is what matters the most!

OBJ-Atiku, Christian-Muslim: people complained!
Yaradua-GEJ, Muslim-Christian, the go slow presidency, very corrupt!
GEJ-Sambo, Christian-Muslim, the most corrupt government on earth, losing N 1 B per day in oil revenue, $ 20 B still missing, $9.3 M to be laundered in South Africa now seized and nauseating excuses are being given, ~ 300 girls kidnapped never recovered, 9 presidential jets by phoolish GEJ, yet he wants 2 more! So tell me how their religion has been better?

Abacha-Diya, Muslim-Christian: Absolute disaster and shamefully and shambolically corrupt killers called a government
IBB-Augustus Aikhomu, Muslim-Christian: the institutionalization of corruption and settlement government, killings of anyone that refused to be bought for money, destruction of Nigeria's best fresh start in democracy in 1993, Gulf Oil windfall of $ 12 B, never accounted for!

So you tell me, which of these governments did well for Nigeria based on your perfect dream of religious combination? I think most Nigerians are just mentally dead or incompetent to not see that religion has nothing to do with the decision of a leader to lead the country and work very hard for its success and people! Tell me, do you think any successful countries like US, Canada, UK, Scandinavians, etc ever mention their religious leanings or ascribe to it the reason why they are successful? This is exactly why black people like you were enslaved because you can not reason straight but are too dum.b, too lazy to think and will never get it!

This is the most realistic,most sensible and most politically correct write up ever on NL.Some he-goats will come here now and counter this.If ur father,mother,uncle or sister's are in GEJ`s govt,you may likely not see any sense in this...Religion is POO if we really want to get it right in that shit-hole called Nigeria.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy: You know a useless party when their best candidate is being seduced by everyone as the VP

Why not calling for him to run for President if you think he is very good?
There is something very tribalistic and nepotic about the call for Fashola to be the next VP rather than the next President!

The usual practice is a party picks a Presidential candidate, the Presidential candidate when chosen by his party then select his VP of choice.

But somehow Nigeria's so called progressives are either proposing:

Buhari/Fashola
Tambuwal/Fashola
Etc

Our progressives are not even progressive enough to consider the best man for the job!

You talk as if you know nothing about politics or the recent state of Nigerian polity at the moment: if APC field Fashola or any other Southerner as President for that matter, then they've already lost the election.

Fashola will not have any vote in the North as Presidential candidate.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
Personally I think it's worth the risk, a Buhari/Fashola ticket.

I know many people will try to use the Muslim/Muslim thing against APC; but why, some redeemed pastors are already saying APC wants to Islamise Nigeria, but if APC does its campaign well, and make people understand they we need people who can do the job, they will overcome this obstacle and I believe this duo will give PDP a run for their money.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2014

Well-said. To be honest, I don't even bother to comment on threads like this because it will be full of hateful and prejudiced folks with no objectivity whatsoever. You will only encounter people talking crap because of the rigidly 'prehistoric' bias dominating their thinking when others have moved centuries ahead worldwide .

You can easily discern the venomous and bile-driven bias at work. Look at the classic example below with some chap talking about secularity when it appears he does not even know the meaning of the word via suggesting two moslem candidates violates 'secularity'. In a secular nation, because secular means "not connected with religious or spiritual matters", it would not matter if all candidates are Moslems, Christians, Hindu, animist or practitioners of traditional religion. The silly poster manages to actually propagate his devotion to religious bias as a clamour for "secularity". Ridiculous. When you have such rigidly warped reasoning, always turning logic on it head, vocal in these discussions then exposed and focused poster who know what really matter will avoid threads like these. Where has all the focus on religion got Nigeria? You spoke well but don't expect your message will make sense to probably the most backwardly biased, prejudiced and discriminatory people in the world. I personally don't have time to waste trying to sell meat to devoted vegetarians.

Mogidi: A Buhari/Fashola will only be possible if Nigerians actually want Sharia introduced nationwide. Over my dead body for two Quran thumping fundamentalist to rule over me, it won't happen now or in future.
One muslim ruling is bad enough, two occupying the highest positions in the land is dire, it won't happen sha. If the SW wants their governors/deputy to be muslims that's their business, making that idea national is an affront to our secularity, it won't fly.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Mogidi: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Gbawe2:

Well-said. To be honest, I don't even bother to comment on threads like this because it will be full of hateful and prejudiced folks with no objectivity whatsoever. You will only encounter people talking crap because of the rigidly 'prehistoric' bias dominating their thinking when others have moved centuries ahead worldwide .

You can easily discern the venomous and bile-driven bias at work. Look at the classic example below with some chap talking about secularity when it appears he does not even know the meaning of the word via suggesting two moslem candidates violates 'secularity'. In a secular nation, because secular means "not connected with religious or spiritual matters", it would not matter if all candidates are Moslems, Christians, Hindu, animist or practitioners of traditional religion. The silly poster manages to actually propagate his devotion to religious bias as a clamour for "secularity". Ridiculous. When you have such rigidly warped reasoning, always turning logic on it head, vocal in these discussions then exposed and focused poster who know what really matter will avoid threads like these. Where has all the focus on religion got Nigeria?

So having two muslim fundamentalist steering the ship of state is not connected to religion? In your haste to reply you didn't see where I accused the duo of wanting to introduce Sharia? Having sharia in Nigeria would really make Nigeria secular wouldn't it?

You should actually listen to yourself like you said in your opening gambit, not following that rule exposes your warped perception of reality. The context in which "secular" was used is more than correct.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Very funny thread. Buhari/Fashola ticket is not a bad combination and I will thumbprint for it anyday, However, I will advise APC to shun it for IMAGE sake. The PDP have labelled APC "janjanw3ed" "Islamic Brotherhood" "pro-islamist" and they even went as far as saying that the party wants to Islamise Nigeria with a double muslim ticket. Well, fielding Buhari/Fash will legitimise such baseless allegation and will attract public sympathy to the clueless Jonathan and PDP. As a Public relations professional, I will say that is definitely a pr-gone wrong. Rather, the APC should field GMB/Fayemi or GMB/Christian South and put its machibery in motion to campaign and win the heart of the populace. I don't play religious card, Nigeria has not come to the mono-religious ticket at the National stage yet. Honestly, Fash, Amaechi, Tinubu etal can be cabinet members or heads of parastatals, contributing their quota(just like gmb did at ptf). The VP is a redundant and ceremonial office that isn't as influential as some Ministers/Parastatal Heads.
Majority of those saying apc should field fashola as candidate are pro jonathan including the op that in one word said buhari/fash and in another word preached pro jonathan sentiment. Its an old trick that is dead on arrival.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2014
lanrefront1:

You talk as if you know nothing about politics or the recent state of Nigerian polity at the moment: if APC field Fashola or any other Southerner as President for that matter, then they've already lost the election.

Fashola will not have any vote in the North as Presidential candidate.

Thank you. Because I live, most months of the year, in a nation of some of the most politically sophisticated people in the world I am still surprised at how backwards the so-called 'educated class' are in Nigeria. They are irresponsible, highly selfish, hideously egotistic and myopic. They will only always be found looking vaingloriously at thing from their own perspective when they are the minority by far. They insist everyone think and act like them without understanding that this will set us back at least 50 years because that is the time it will take to get the average Nigerian to be a politically sophisticated individual who makes the right decision always without recourse to self-defeatist bias and prejudice.

for so many reasons I cannot even go into here, the opposition Party is in a position of having to defeating probably the worst ruling Party in the world which has now become adept at dividing Nigerians and playing to their ethnic/religious/sectional biases, prejudices and fear to retain power and relevance. Is this the time for the opposition to embrace naive idealism which only appeals to an educated and truly detribalised/secular elite class who are probably only 5% of the population?

How many votes can Fashola garner in the North full of average voters still not sophisticated or secular enough to understand the concept of putting everything else aside to vote for merit? Is it not best for the most educated in Nigeria to recognise the level our average citizens, constituting by far the largest percentage of our population, are at and side with a formula that can deliver a reality-centred chance of defeating a very useless ruling Party that has destroyed and plundered Nigeria over 15 years?

The only chance, take it or leave it, the APC has of defeating the PDP is to appeal to the North and SW with candidates popular with both regions and arranged in the right order to connect with the simplistic reasoning of most Nigerians which developments in the reality of the past few years has shaped . How many average Northerners, for example, would support Fashola when the perception is that OBJ used 8 uninterrupted years on behalf of the SW slot yet Yar Adua was there for only three years and the Yorubas are now proposing another of there own to be President? whatever the educated elite feel, we are not at that level of sophistication to rigidly and uncompromisingly propose our merit-based thinking carry the day totally without factoring in what majority of the population are ready for and identify with. This is the time educated Nigerians put selfishness and egotism aside to realise great nations were not built with a small and enlightened elite class insisting the majority by far must think and act like them. You always defer to the mood and real level of the political sophistication of the majority. We are trying to get to a level where merit rules and is king in decision-making terms, as obtains worldwide, but we are not there yet and pointless deceiving ourselves otherwise. We could even slow down the march towards a meritocratic society with an elite and educated class that is arrogant, egotistical rigid and unable to put the majority first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Lol it's funny how the same people who call others backwards go back 30yrs in history to ask a military dictator who in his time made mockery of everything democracy stands for to stand to be elected President.

Is this your idea of moving Nigeria forward?

Gbawe in the sane country you live, will a character like Buhari go anywhere near the polls as a candidate? Considering Buhari does not even have the decency to appologise to Nigerians for his misdeeds?

Buhari's behaviour in 1983 put this country backward by 20 years! Buhari supporters must remember this when they call others backward!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2014
for so many reasons I cannot even go into here, the opposition Party is in a position of having to defeating probably the worst ruling Party in the world which has now become adept at dividing Nigerians and playing to their ethnic/religious/sectional biases, prejudices and fear to retain power and relevance. Is this the time for the opposition to embrace naive idealism which only appeals to an educated and truly detribalised/secular elite class who are probably only 5% of the population?

Well if your alternative to the prejudicial politics of PDP is to engage even in more prejudice in the selection of your candidate then where exactly is the change?

Which brings me to my favourite adage my grand dad (rip) tells me "if you sell your monkey for a dog? An animal that stoops is still in your neighbourhood!".

The so called progressive and party of change must realise that they can not criticise PDP for a certain set of behaviour and then go ahead to practice the worst kinds of that very behaviour and then expect Nigerians to accept that as pragmatism!

You can't just do about anything just to win election and then call yourself progressive!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Mogidi:

So having two muslim fundamentalist steering the ship of state is not connected to religion? In your haste to reply you didn't see where I accused the duo of wanting to introduce Sharia? Having sharia in Nigeria would really make Nigeria secular isn't it?

You should actually listen to yourself like you said in your opening gambit, not following that rule exposes your warped perception of reality. The context in which "secular" was used is more than correct.

Shut up you nauseating twerp. Can you prove Buhari and Fashola are "two muslim fundamentalist" or are you just a creature of prejudice and self-deceit? I don't even like talking to you or quoting you as I feel I am engaging a vile racist doing such. There is no way to spin what you wrote. Secularity means that religion does not matter and plays no part in the politics of a nation. In reality, it should then not matter if all political candidates are Moslems, Bhuddists or Catholics. Stop using words you do not know the meaning of in the haste to satisfy the prejudice and discrimination that runs through every cell in your body and permeates every post you deliver here.

Nick Clegg, deputy prime Minister of the UK, is atheist and no one gives a damn. No one rose up to oppose him because he chose to reject all religions. You are here telling us choosing Moslems to vie for important office is an "affront to our secularity" and you continue to talk without recognising you are a confused and prejudiced individual trying to stand very simple logic on its head. Nigeria needs no enemies with folks like you as her 'citizens'. You are an ugly bigot for not recognising that the SW you wish to malign below actually best mirrors the desirable and pivotal best practice concept of separating religion from politics.

People of the SW show a genuine and abiding dedication to genuine secularity, i.e relegating religion to the background, you interpret inappropriately and fraudulently to accommodate your biased and discriminatory predisposition. You are a backward caveman. Go and get some exposure and stop disgracing Nigeria with your 1942 level of prejudice and backwardness.

If the SW wants their governors/deputy to be muslims that's their business, making that idea national is an affront to our secularity, it won't fly.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2014
How many votes can Fashola garner in the North full of average voters still not sophisticated or secular enough to understand the concept of putting everything else aside to vote for merit? Is it not best for the most educated in Nigeria to recognise the level our average citizens, constituting by far the largest percentage of our population, are at and side with a formula that can deliver a reality-centred chance of defeating a very useless ruling Party that has destroyed and plundered Nigeria over 15 years? .

Moshood Abiola defeated Tofa who himself was a northerner even in the North!

This was in the 90s!!!!!!

Do not underestimate the intelligence of Nigerian electorate!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy: Lol it's funny how the same people who call others backwards go back 30yrs in history to ask a military dictator who in his time made mockery of everything democracy stands for to stand to be elected President.

Is this your idea of moving Nigeria forward?

Gbawe in the sane country you live, will a character like Buhari go anywhere near the polls as a candidate? Considering Buhari does not even have the decency to appologise to Nigerians for his misdeeds?

Buhari's behaviour in 1979 put this country backward by 20 years! Buhari supporters must remember this when they call others backward!

Dude, I have no time for a back-and-forth with you because you take a position first and then try to make everything fit you preconceived opinion. In so far as you have chosen to support GEJ then you will always interpret Buhari's past actions as wrong and 'disqualifying' him from being President without allowing for the entirely satisfactory and logical argument of how it was a different time and Buhari was not even directly responsible for what people like you accuse him of. You refuse to see the many things Buhari did right also that means his kind is badly needed today.

What you cannot detract from, which is precisley what would be most important to a sophisticated polity, is Buhari's uprightness, immaterial disposition and pro-talakawa stance that is exactly what a nation of opportunistic looters and predatory capitalists needs currently to prevent her becoming a failed State. Yes the nation I live in, full of people who confront reality and look at the big picture pragmatically, will most likely conclude Buhari is a good fit for the 'rescue mission' of today and the reality on the ground currently. Fashola can then replace him and take us to the next level. Jonathan is simply a joker as far as leadership is concerned. Almost anyone is better than a man who does the direct opposite of what is required to deliver solutions to the perennial problems that has kept a nation underdeveloped for decades.

In the Country I live in, people will have moved on from continuing to accuse Buhari of what available evidence show he was not guilty of. They would have rejected conjecture to conclude, on balance of evidence, that Buhari did not overthrow a legitimate government. He was asked and accepted to be head-of-State, as a very senior military officer, after others organised a military putsch to dethrone the government of the day.

Boris Johnson was held up as a bumbling buffoon and alienated by his own political Party yet he defied them and became London Mayor without the support or full endorsement of his Party because Londoners focused on what matters. Londoners looked beyond his eccentric nature to reject all efforts to vilify the man and make him appear unelectable. Stop talking about things you don''t know much about and keep your focus on blindly supporting GEJ and looking for excuses to disqualify all who threaten his 2015 return. Your argument these days fall in the category of those who insincerely proclaim "I don't like GEJ but no one is better so I will support him and reject all others". This is why you reject Buhari by default and finds ways to validate your choice and bias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by EMANY01(m): 10:31am On Sep 20, 2014
cktheluckyman: A muslim-muslim ticket will never fly in today's nigeria!!! This is not 1993!! Too many much blood ave has been shed in the last few years on two decades alone (think Rinehart Bonke riots kano,sharia riots kaduna,pork riots Bauchi etc,etc) in religious crisis in the north targeted at non-muslims and any one dimecidedly not looking core northern not to mention the ongoing boko haram crisis!! Flying a muslim-muslim ticket in 2015 will amount to political suicide

Fixed.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised seeing pdp apologist and propagandist interfering in APC issues, they come around and parade themselves as havin apc interest in mind or havin Nigeria's interest at heart but rather their interest is that of pdp and biafran igbo agenda, barcanista & gbawe2 rightly opined, we don't hv to get ourselves occupied with hvin unimportant debate wt u, just go and perfect your pdp agenda and don't pretend to b pro-apc cuz we already know what agenda you are tryin to achieve . Even if the combination of Buhari/Fashola wldnt be the best, but atleast its focused towards reclaiming our future and the future of our children unborn wch is million times better than that of Jonathan and whoever he might hv combined with

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by hardebounty(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2014
wills:

Read my post, am not Pro Goodluck or Pro APC either. I am pro Nigeria and I hold the believe that the Buhari/ Fashola Candidacy fornow PROBABLY! holds one of the best possibility of a restored Nigeria.

I only prayed that should GEJ win, he makes a total U-Turn and stop the mediocrity, selfishness and yes corruption that has characterized his government in the last 5yrs

I commend ur pro-Nigeria spirit but GEJ can't give what he doesn't have.. GEJ is jus incompetent prayer wudnt change him.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by hardebounty(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Thumb up bro..

nanospy007:

This is why you people will forever remain behind! What has it benefited Nigeria when it was a Muslim-Christian, Christian-Muslim, Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim? I am a Christian and I do not care or give a damn so far as they are people of proven records, honest, hardworking and will put Nigeria back on the map of progress and complete destruction of corruption from the life of Nigeria! This is what matters the most!

OBJ-Atiku, Christian-Muslim: people complained!
Yaradua-GEJ, Muslim-Christian, the go slow presidency, very corrupt!
GEJ-Sambo, Christian-Muslim, the most corrupt government on earth, losing N 1 B per day in oil revenue, $ 20 B still missing, $9.3 M to be laundered in South Africa now seized and nauseating excuses are being given, ~ 300 girls kidnapped never recovered, 9 presidential jets by phoolish GEJ, yet he wants 2 more! So tell me how their religion has been better?

Abacha-Diya, Muslim-Christian: Absolute disaster and shamefully and shambolically corrupt killers called a government
IBB-Augustus Aikhomu, Muslim-Christian: the institutionalization of corruption and settlement government, killings of anyone that refused to be bought for money, destruction of Nigeria's best fresh start in democracy in 1993, Gulf Oil windfall of $ 12 B, never accounted for!

So you tell me, which of these governments did well for Nigeria based on your perfect dream of religious combination? I think most Nigerians are just mentally dead or incompetent to not see that religion has nothing to do with the decision of a leader to lead the country and work very hard for its success and people! Tell me, do you think any successful countries like US, Canada, UK, Scandinavians, etc ever mention their religious leanings or ascribe to it the reason why they are successful? This is exactly why black people like you were enslaved because you can not reason straight but are too dum.b, too lazy to think and will never get it!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy:

Moshood Abiola defeated Tofa who himself was a northerner even in the North!

This was in the 90s!!!!!!

Do not underestimate the intelligence of Nigerian electorate!

Now I know why you want APC to field Fashola as President. You want APC to field Fashola as President because you want APC to gallantly lose to PDP.

The truth of the matter is: out of all the people available for APC, Buhari is the only one that can give PDP a run for it's money.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
swtdrms: I wouldn't be surprised seeing pdp apologist and propagandist interfering in APC issues, they come around and parade themselves as havin apc interest in mind or havin Nigeria's interest at heart but rather their interest is that of pdp and biafran igbo agenda, barcanista & gbawe2 rightly opined, we don't hv to get ourselves occupied with hvin unimportant debate wt u, just go and perfect your pdp agenda and don't pretend to b pro-apc cuz we already know what agenda you are tryin to achieve . Even if the combination of Buhari/Fashola wldnt be the best, but atleast its focused towards reclaiming our future and the future of our children unborn wch is million times better than that of Jonathan and whoever he might hv combined with

Thank you. Like you, what I hate the most is the current insincerity of some people that sees them act as if they have any genuine interest in voting an APC candidate anyway. These people rising up against Buhari today will be the same, if Fashola becomes APC Presidential candidate, to argue the Lagos governor is not suitable one way or the other. What we all have to recognise is the need to rise above and move beyond the deceit of a people ethnically and religiously devoted to GEJ . They will craft excuses, as they go along, to disqualify and discredit all opponents of GEJ as 'unsuitable' while pretending they are are interested in objectivity. APC supporters should not waste time with these folks.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
lanrefront1:

Now I know why you want APC to field Fashola as President. You want APC to field Fashola as President because you want APC to gallantly lose to PDP.

The truth of the matter is: out of all the people available for APC, Buhari is the only one that can give PDP a run for it's money.

Totally correct. Even Fashola himself, as a pragmatically intelligent man interested in doing what is best fro Nigeria, has never proposed his own ambition to be above whatever is pragmatically required to defeat a ruling Party that has destroyed Nigeria over a period of 15 years and counting.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gbawe2:

Thank you. Like you, what I hate the most is the current insincerity of some people that sees them act as if they have any genuine interest in voting an APC candidate anyway. These people rising up against Buhari today will be the same, if Fashola becomes APC Presidential candidate, to argue the Lagos governor is not suitable one way or the other. What we all have to recognise is the need to rise above and move beyond the deceit of a people ethnically and religiously devoted to GEJ . They will craft excuses, as they go along, to disqualify and discredit all opponents of GEJ as 'unsuitable' while pretending they are are interested in objectivity. APC supporters should not waste time with these folks.
We don't need gvn them excuses and reason y they shdnt Jonathan and vote apc, the sincere ones are seeing realities themselves, latest revelations around insurgency is really throwing exposing them, and the only card left for them to play is the card of disunity and crisis in d fold of apc wch wil always fail...had they known the involvement of Alimodu Sheriff in boko haram wld b exposed, they wld hv asked him to remain in apc and dat wld a gd opportunity for them, But God is not on their side and they shall b completely exposed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
LeSaint:

A candidate for post of the year. I salute.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
It is so clear to people that are sincere in intention, that Buhari is the solution to Nigeria's problem. in a western country, the populace they will have snatched him up in a hurry.

The man is incorruptible because he has no use for the benefits of corruption. He is not interested in money, luxury cars, private jets, mansions (+things which even many christian leaders covert and cherish).

This is very clear from the kind of lifestyle he has lives for about 40 years (since his thirties) he has been in the corridors of power). Is he now that he's in his seventies that he will begin to covet them.

The elites hate and fear him because of it's indifference to material possession and wealth acquisition.

How do you make a man who is mire satisfied and contented with a simple lifestyle compromise; and has lived that kind of life since his youth despite being surrounded by uncountable opportunities and access to do so.

If Nigerians fail to elect this man, then there is nothing God can do for us. The best God can do is present with the people that can change Nigeria. If we reject them, then we are on our own. God will not come down from heaven to rule us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Serving Govt Officials- 'stay Away From My Residence...walks Out Custo / We Igbos Want Ogbonnaya Onu Named Secretary To The Government Of The Federation. / Obama Caught Kissing His Fellow Man In White House.. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.