Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. (20923 Views)

‘asari Dokubo Was Arrested In South Africa In $9.3m #cashforarms Deal’ / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Opens Up On $9.3m Arms Deal / Oritsejafor Owns Seized Jet With $9. 3m In S / Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
G
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by eightsin(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
This is a mess. Oh! How deep my country has fallen.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
This govt has dragged the name of this nation in the mud!

3 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by EBK25: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote
author=ralphcrown1]South Africa has seized the $9.3 million Nigerian
cash flown abroad a private jet into its capital, Johannesburg, from
Abuja early this month. Two Nigerians and an Israeli were travelling
with the plane’s crew at the time the cash, which was not declared, was
found on the plane.South African security and Nigeria have launched an
investigation into what transpired.The explanation from Nigeria that the
money was meant for arms purchase for the Nigeria intelligence
agencies, has been rejected by South Africa’s Asset Forfeiture Unit
(AFU) and the National Prosecuting Authority of South Africa (NPA).The
NPA, in a statement, according to online publication Premium Times,
said the manner in which the money was brought into the country breached
the laws that deal with the transfer of foreign exchange of such
proportion.
“The money was initially detained by the South African Revenue Service
(SARS) as it was not disclosed or declared at customs, and was above the
prescribed legal limit for the amount of cash that may be brought into
the country,” it said in a statement.
The NPA, according to the medium, said its investigation showed that
Tier One Services Group, the firm the Nigerian government claimed it
wanted to procure the arms from, is not authorised to sell or rent
military hardware.
“In court papers, the NPA submitted evidence that Tier One is not
registered with the National Conventional Arms Control Committee and is
thus not authorised to enter into any agreements regarding the sale
and/or rental of military equipment,” the statement read.
Tier One has apparently issued an invoice to a Cyprus based company, ESD
International Group Ltd, ESD, in respect of the procurement of
armaments and helicopters to be delivered to Nigeria.
However, South African investigators said the time when the invoice was
prepared and the time the money was brought in threw up some serious
issues of its true intent.
The money was ferried to South Africa less than a week from the date the
invoice was prepared (September 8, 2014). The involvement of a Cyprus
based company also heightens the suspicion that this may be a case of
classical money laundering. Cyprus is known for its secretive banking
system.
The NPA added that the transaction did not follow normal procedure in
the procurement of the kind of equipment it was alleged to have been
meant for.
The Senate yesterday summoned National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Sambo
Dasuki (rtd), Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshall Alex Badeh and
Chief of Army Staff Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah over the smuggled $9.3
million cash.
Chairman, Senate Committee on Defence, Senator George Sekibo, said those
invited to appear before his committee on Tuesday would brief members
on the incident.
He said: “ I don’t want to pre-empt issues because I have not heard
details about the issue but they will be here on Tuesday.”
On the soldiers sentenced to death, Sekibo said he was not surprised
that death sentence was passed on the 12 soldiers because before they
joined military, they were aware of the implication of being involved in
mutiny.
He added that before the judgment was passed, the army must have carried
out their investigation on the matter.

source:http://www.ralphcrown.com/2014/09/south-african-court-okays-seizure-of.html[/quote]

Lolz. Jacob Zuma will never allow such money to return back to Nigeria.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
It is to be expected.

Since the 9/11 incident, cash transactions have become a problem for most nations. Nowadays...it is all via cashless system...the better to track things down.

I hope this is investigated to its end...and if any thing funny is found in the Government, I hope the needful is done, and people are sacked and prosecuted.

Enough is enough.

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
Ok leave it for them....broke Aids ridden nation.

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Noblemarce: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like

SA wanna REAP where they did not SOW .

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Olong(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Source authentic?
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by musb92yahooco: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
End time
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Canme4u(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
O ga oo!!

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by NobleAky(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2014
South Africa #bringbackourmoney#
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: G
Nobleval: k
OkaiCorne: Space booked
Gombs: Well then
henrinity: ok.heard
Noblemarce: Hmmm
musb92yahooco: End time

The AGM of the Worshipful and Honest Space Bookers Benevolent League of Nairaland is in session!

Agenda

1.Book space
2.Book space
3.Better ways of booking space!

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by honeyad(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
gift01: when a nation is too big for nothing, this is what happens. The only greatness we can claim is Population size

Either big for nothing or small for something.. Let them refund the money back... #thatsall#
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by kunlepicktu: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Infact I tire for all this issue way day happen in d last 2weeks. God av mercy
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by omenka(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
I think this is a well orchestrated plan by Tinubu to embarrass GEJ!! Just thesame way he travelled to the US to connive with that judge to deny Baruji Kashamu justice over those trumped up drugs charges!! cry

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
lildrop: pls dnt book space....
Wetin u dey do . YOU dey book Mars abi Jupiter . Which one.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by JD26: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Perfect!
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by pius4luv(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
I'm sorry for the future of this country,we masses has suffer alor from our so call leader,we need to be wise come 2015,God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by NosaHenry(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
SA think that by stealing our money they will pass us as the no1 economy in Africa? No way. What further explanation do they want when the Nig govt already told them that the transaction was authorised by it. SA has been hating Nigeria since 1914
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Godanya: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
South Africa has never shown likeness for Nigeria. We should be careful in any dealing with them. It is a pity that we did not do our home work well. I have the feeling that SA will end up owning that cash. We played into their hands. I feel bad.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by NeuroBoss(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2014
South Africa is a country that knows what it's doing. I pray they continue because for now, they are the only source we can trust to give us the true state of events.
If the South African authorities successfully cut and burn the GEJ administration's soiled hand in this, I foresee a barbaric demonisation, witch-hunting and vengeful reactions on South African businesses in Nigeria.
Let's wait and see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 20, 2014
stevolinkon40: Thinking if I should comment or just book space here
Seems you
gat nothing meaningful doing. Let me send you on Errand. Aburo.

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by ibdeals1(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2014
issokay angry
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by rhadiator15(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
Buoyantic: #bringbackourmoney
Tahhhhh go sleep
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by maxkia(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria stinks with curruption. Jonathan days are numbered. CAN president Oritsejiofor or whats his name should be impeached. Imagine how many raw cash as dis one has been psyphoned abroad successfully without it been discovered. South African govt is at loggerheads with Nigerian govt for a while now.... Hence anything coming from Nigeria to southafrica be it goods, human jet or whatever is always given a thorough scrutiny... Nigeria sucks with curruption. I hail thee

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by free2ryhme: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
well it will be sorted out diplomatically
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by cbrass(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
Where are the Jonathanians, pls defend this tongue

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by kretiv: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
So even if it is laundry wont they return the money and try those involved, as was done to the ones sani abacha looted.

Will they now convert it to their own.

It's too big to loose, when majority of Nigerians are languishing in abject poverty.

Too bad
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2014
Godanya: South Africa has never shown likeness for Nigeria. We should be careful in any dealing with them. It is a pity that we did not do our home work well. I have the feeling that SA will end up owning that cash. We played into their hands. I feel bad.

Yes...and that makes transporting $9.3m in cash across borders ok.(in contravention of best international practice)

Sigh.

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by waternogetenemy: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2014
South Africa is just asking for Trouble! Wat is $9.3million dollars to South African Investment in Nigeria? lmao!

We will surely sieze more than 9.3million dollars in capital!

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by mrofficial(m): 11:40am On Sep 20, 2014
Good! Seize the money and use it to develop your country like you have been doing. The money was to be used for corrupt practices, thank God they didn't succeed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Sucked Aged Woman's Breast To Celebrate Mother's Day / 9 Little Things That Ruin Our Mood Every Damn Time / IQ Test: How Many Triangles Can You Find?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.