Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror (28404 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Ukrainian Cargo Plane Grounded In Kano For Carrying Military Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by arresa: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: The US is a friendly nation to Nigeria?
Smh.
When i thought i've heard it all,someone,somewhere ,releases a bombshell.

Nigeria get more military AID and military equipment from the US more than any country. When was the last time China and Russia gave you anything for free? When was the last time they helped you in anyway?

The fact that they refused to cater to our very corrupt and openly incompetent government doesn't mean they are not our friends.

Your government is the problem, not the US..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa: .
Why can't Nigeria aspire to be like other democratic and stable countries that respect human beings and treat them with dignity?

Another victim of Kolo mentality.
other democratic and stable countries that respect human beings and treat them with dignity Like the USA abi
The same USA of Guantanamo Bay fame
Or Abu Ghraib
Of Agent Orange in Vietnam of
Julian Assange persecution
Of shooting Blacks at random like in Ferguson

There is no heaven on earth ,No angels we just have countries with better STORYTELLERS

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by daveP(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
I hope they dont regret this alliance angry
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by davitogreat(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
ayindejimmy:

u compare Nigeria wil Rewanda and Uganda but u 4got we'r supose to b d gaint of Africa. We ought to play a leading role nt comparin ourselves wit war ravaged countries.
No Western world have come out to say there's an embargo on Nigeria. Why r we jst hearing this wen d S.A issue is on? I dnt trust this Govt. They'r full of lies and cover up

your thinking about the rwanda of 1994. Rwanda is not a war ravaged country today. They are one of the few African countries that are doing quite well economically. plus there is no embargo on Nigeria. Only countries like North korea, cuba, zimbabwe have embargo's.
America and the U.K have just refused to sell weapons to Nigeria for frivolous reasons and the Nigerian government has decided to move on and strike deals with russia and china.

On top of that we have a few special forces training with the russians so that will be good for the military.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Psylas(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus:

america too is.
thanks
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: That is a very simplistic view and you know it.
Ghadaffi was corrupt ,yet the country was stable for decades because he controlled the press.
The chinese communist govt is actually very corrupt as the majority of poor chinese would tell,yet china is still stable because of effective press control.
Nigeria was very stable during the era of corrupt abacha.
Corruption is bad and should be snuffed out though.

Gaddafi muzzled the press. The peace in Libya was the peace of a grave yard. The catastrophic end of his regime should tell you all was not well with Libya.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko:

Another victim of Kolo mentality.
other democratic and stable countries that respect human beings and treat them with dignity Like the USA abi

If Colo mentality is not rounding up civilians and slitting their throat them I'm in.
Most of you think you know when in fact you know nothing.
Are Americans not human beings like you?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by udemzyudex(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus: Though my first post is PRO- nigerian government actions, i still have a doubt in mind and i will drop this

Damn lies
I don't believe that the Western arms manufacturers are refusing to sell arms to Nigeria. This is all lies.

Western arms manufacturer would even sell arms to enemies of their own country unless their government specifically imposes bans on their arms export.

So far, no single Western country has a ban in place against selling arms to Nigeria. Why are some Nigerians so stupid to accept these lies?

What lies next?
That the $9.3 million cash seized in South Africa was meant for buy arms in the black market because Western arms manufacturers are refusing to sell arms to Nigeria?

Thats your own business bro.... if you like believe,if u like no believe.

Our opinion or believe will not change anything...
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Psylas(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
phreakabit:

What happened to the $500 million Obama requested for to aid Syrian rebels?
go ask Saudi prince
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: That is a very simplistic view and you know it.
Ghadaffi was corrupt ,yet the country was stable for decades because he controlled the press.
The chinese communist govt is actually very corrupt as the majority of poor chinese would tell,yet china is still stable because of effective press control.
Nigeria was very stable during the era of corrupt abacha.
Corruption is bad and should be snuffed out though.

what makes you think that the nation was stable?is that because of the snippet of news which the govt only allows you to hear??just like North Korea is "Stable" due to the limitations in that country but speak to an average Korean and you will realise that what you see is not what is on round...do you remember when North Korea was at the world cup in south korea and they lost 7-0 to portugal??do you know what the govt told their citizens?they were told that they beat portugal 2-1 and that is the kind of system Nigerians applaud...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

What makes the US an enemy state? Becasue you think so or because of some specific actions taken against Nigeria by the US?
Some of you sound like ISIS fighters.
US is not an enemy state,neither are they friends.
They dont care if we swim or sink.
Calling them friends means we owe them loyalty like the puppet UK.
Infact,china surprisingly have proven to be more of a friend in these trying times.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

Nigeria loves to beg despite having the money to buy or build and when they refuse to give them aid,you now have the populace on mass hysteria calling everybody names and at the same time claim to be able to take care of their own issues and then the next topic comes alon and its the same thing over again

When majority of Nigerians are easily manipulated to belief the west is their enemy it is expected.

We always cry that Ghana , South Africa, Cameroon hates us.
Even Egyptians had the guts to tear up a Nigerian passport and as usual that case will die down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
phreakabit:

Only reason America isn't selling those mentioned weapons to Nigeria is to weaken the army enabling BH become an adversary of equal might and capability thereby fasttracking their United States Africa Command agenda, to facilitate oil theft. There is no way on earth we'd attack the USA with those weapons!

Why can't we build our weapons? How can I sell guns to you and you want to claim boss?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

If Colo mentality is not rounding up civilians and slitting their throat them I'm in.
Sure the opposite of is

Kolo mentality is Not supporting the Ferguson killing
Not supporting Guantanamo Bay
Not supporting the killing of thousands of innocent Iraqis
Not supporting Abu Ghraib
Not supporting the atrocities in Gaza
Not supporting the Saudi Regime
Not supporting the Bahrain regime
Not supporting the use of agent orange in Vietnam

Being able to think independently and question the rubbish churned out by CNN

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
[url][/url]
F117A: US is not an enemy state,neither are they friends.
They dont care if we swim or sink.
Calling them friends means we owe them loyalty like the puppet UK.
Infact,china surprisingly have proven to be more of a friend in these trying times.

That is why we should have our destiny in our hands and stop acting like we are some lesser human beings.
I can't even imagine Ghana with a plane loaded with dollars and shopping for arms across the continent.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by arresa: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/03/uscgc-chase-now-nigerian-owned1.jpg[/img]

The Hamilton class cutter was the largest class of vessel in the United States Coast Guard until replaced by the National Security Cutter, aside from the Polar Ice Breakers.

To effectively secure the Niger Delta and the Gulf of Guinea, CGC CHASE, a 378-foot (115 m) United States Coast Guard ship, will be transferred to the Nigerian Navy Friday.

The formal transfer ceremony, which will hold at the Alameda Coast Guard Base, California, will be attended by Nigerian Ambassador to US, Prof. Adebowale Adefuye, and senior defence officials from Nigeria.

That was free of charge..

Again, when was the last time China and Russia helped your military in anyway?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Sure the opposite of is

Kolo mentality is Not supporting the Ferguson killing
Not supporting Guantanamo Bay
Not supporting the killing of thousands of innocent Iraqis
Not supporting Abu Ghraib
Not supporting the atrocities in Gaza
Not supporting the Saudi Regime
Not supporting the Bahrain regime
Not supporting the use of agent orange in Vietnam

Being able to think independently and question the rubbish churned out by CNN

I care about Nigerians not having their necks cut by fellow Nigerians.
If you have problems with the Americans you know how to get in touch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

what makes you think that the nation was stable?is that because of the snippet of news which the govt only allows you to hear??just like North Korea is "Stable" due to the limitations in that country but speak to an average Korean and you will realise that what you see is not what is on round...do you remember when North Korea was at the world cup in south korea and they lost 7-0 to portugal??do you know what the govt told their citizens?they were told that they beat portugal 2-1 and that is the kind of system Nigerians applaud...
Another simplistic view.
Infact let me draw an inference; Without some form of press control,Nigeria will not survive.
We are too divided and socially primitive for total press freedom.
Maybe in the next 100 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by tomiobj(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Justcash:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-fg-turns-russia-china-usa-uk-fail-nigeria/#sthash.g4pkgKBL.dpuf
. Wow,do you really want nigerias military equipment to say 'made in china'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

Gaddafi muzzled the press. The peace in Libya was the peace of a grave yard. The catastrophic end of his regime should tell you all was not well with Libya.

Yet the international community was aware of the $1000 monthly welfare each Libyan adult received. America,UK,France and Italy shared Libya's resources in percentages minutes after Gaddafi was killed. . Funny how today post Gaddafi Libya is without electricity, and in a poorer state than they were with him. The guns America supplied the rebels has led to tribal and clan militias springing from every corner causing even more devide and insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ymodulus: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

Not just this alone i can recall another lies they told their people. about united states citizens valuing North Korean passports like Gold. Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Another simplistic view.
Infact let me draw an inference; Without some form of press control,Nigeria will not survive.
We are too divided and socially primitive for total press freedom.
Maybe in the next 100 years.

SO IN YOUR INFINITE WISDOM,THE CONTROL OF THE PRESS UNDER DIFFERENT MILITARY REGIMES WAS AND IS OKAY?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
arresa: [img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/03/uscgc-chase-now-nigerian-owned1.jpg[/img]

A surveillance bug ridden trojan horse of a gift. . . Africom in mind when they presented that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by MZdamola(f): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
donnypool:

you too fine, oya make we discuss marriage
Hehehe kiss
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus:

Not just this alone i can recall another lies they told their people. about united states citizens valuing North Korean passports like Gold. Can you imagine?

also,that former Iran Pres..Ahmedjinablablablad or whatever..went back to Iran after attending the UN conference in washington spewing BS about a ring over his head as he was lecturing the American people and there was a light that descended upon him and the America people saw a man of God and bla bla bla...S H I T like that can only fly if the populace is denied the ability to think for themselves and some Nigerians say it is needed...thunder fire all of una wey wan drag this nation back to the days of Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

I care about Nigerians having their necks cut by fellow Nigerians.
If you have problems with the Americans you know how to get in touch.
I care about Nigerians gettng their throats cut so in that regard you are no civil rights champion or activist. You do not care about that more than Mr Ibu or anyone else .I have not heard of you spending your treasure or substance in that cause so spare us the self indulgent pontification.

I responded SPECIFICALLY to your COMPARISON
"other democratic and stable countries that respect human beings and treat them with dignity"

Which countries are these EXACTLY??
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Psylas: go ask Saudi prince

Ask Saudi prince what the president of America did with money he requested for from the parliament? Classic response.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
arresa:

Are you kidding me?
Go to beageagle and educate yourself.
Those vessels have been completely stripped down anyway.
China is bulding for Nigeria one of its latest stealth warship.
The first one has been built in china,while the second one will be 70% built in lagos by virtue of tech transfer.
China is transferring ship building technology to our navy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
phreakabit:

A surveillance bug ridden trojan horse of a gift. . . Africom in mind when they presented that.

SEE YOUR LIFE...USELESS AS YOU ARE...YOU ARE BUSY SPEWING BS THAT AMERICA DOES NOT WANT TO HELP NIGERIA AND SOMEPNE PROVIDES YOU CONTRARY EVIDENCE TO THE RUBBISH YOUR DELUDED HEAD AS BEEN SAYIN AND WHAT DO YOU SAY...perfect example of the stupid way a lot of Nigerians think

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by davitogreat(m): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
arresa:

while your celebrating america giving us some free run down ship they discarded I prefer the technology transfer the Chinese are giving us. There is a saying that goes it is better to teach a man to fish than to just give him fish.

The China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company had earlier in the year launched the Nigerian Navy’s first of two P-18N offshore patrol vessels.

The vessel was assigned the pennant number F91 (the pennant number F90 is assigned to the NNS Thunder, an ex-US Coast Guard cutter). The offshore patrol vessel’s launched ceremony also marked the hull formation ceremony of the second vessel, F92.

Only the first offshore patrol vessel (OPV) will be built entirely in China as between 50 and 70% of the second ship will be constructed in Nigeria in an effort to enhance local shipbuilding capability and provide technology transfer. Delivery of F91 is expected in the middle of this year and the second vessels is also expected to arrive sometime in 2014, and be completed either late this year or early 2015.

China Shipbuilding and Offshore International Company (CSOC) has also signed a contract to upgrade the Nigerian Naval Shipyard in Port Harcourt so that it can build OPVs and maintain vessels up to 10 000 dwt. Upgrades to the dockyard include a new jetty, a new dry dock and other additions.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=63405

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Are you kidding me?
Go to beageagle and educate yourself.
Those vessels have been completely stripped down anyway.
China is bulding for Nigeria one of its latest stealth warship.
The first one has been built in china,while the second one will be 70% built in lagos by virtue of tech transfer.
China is transferring ship building technology to our navy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Buhari's Chances In 2019 As Tall As El-Rufai" - Reno Omokri Reacts / Peter Obi: Stop Comparing Actors With Unintelligent People, AGN Tells El-rufai / Atiku Wins Taraba State With 189,017 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.