Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,945 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! (535 Views)

‘i’m Alive And Well By His Grace’ – Muna Obiekwe Responds To Death Rumours... / Lil Kesh (shoki crooner) Stole My Beat!!! / D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! by Gidi360Vibe: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014

Following reports that Lil Kesh‘s song, Shoki has been banned by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation(NBC), the NBC has responded through its official twitter account that the song has not been outrightly banned.
Although the broadcast regulator mentioned that the song was not banned, a radio station was reportedly sanctioned for playing a club version of the song during the ‘Family Time’ belt, the period when children have access to the mass media like TV and radio.
The NBC statement goes thus: ‘We at the National Broadcasting Commission can confirm there was no such ban. A club version of the song cannot be played on radio. The club version contains vulgar lyrics which was played around 9am which is considered as ‘family time’.

‘There is a broadcast code to follow by every broadcast station and this station failed to comply. This said station has been sanctioned for playing a club version during family time. We at the NBC did not ban ‘Shoki’- by Lil Kesh. We simply asked the suitable broadcast version to be played on the radio.’
See the tweets below:

More Tweets Here ": http://www.gidi360.com/lil-keshs-shoki-banned-nbc-responds-twitter/
Re: Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! by Onlinebizexpert(m): 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmm
Re: Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! by MykLANNY(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Eheen, owk.. I will tell my proprietor tomoro
Re: Lil Kesh’s ‘shoki’ Not Banned – NBC Responds On Twitter!! by billsteve(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Na who bring dat yeye news... Mind your self oo

(1) (Reply)

Google Explains Why It Shut Down Linda Ikeji Blog – Read / Facebook Ceo Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Donates $25 Million Usd To Fight Ebola / Nollywood Actor Obtains PDP Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.