Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production (24825 Views)

Dangote Tomato Company Begins Test Production In Kano / Ajaokuta Steel 110 MW Thermal Power Plant Back To Life / Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by Kesmakveli(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2014
sebali:

That means if u visit the warri abandoned delta steel company(DSC) u wud probably cry blood.
Wish way NIGERIA
If this is true, then the government Needs to revive this investment
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by babakol(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2014
cool news on a Sunday morning
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by aieromon(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2014
ayusco85: Its not good news until they start massive employment.......

They already have staff that have been paid for donkey years to do nothing.

The title of the thread is misleading. Let's wait till December to celebrate.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by sylve11: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2014
asala1: Rod production? Ajaokuta is more than a rod producing plant. Nigeria is not serious.

U get sense! cool
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by gidjah(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2014
VERY GOOD FOR OUR NATION,CONSTRUCTION FIRMS WILL DO SURE FINE WITH THIS
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by peteofi(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2014
If this is true, then it is good news. I always believe that steel is needed for complete industrial development. I do have one question though, is the billet imported or minded in Nigeria. And I hope they sustain this new move. That company has been dormant for year. Good one.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by epospiky(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2014
Campaign things...good news anyway.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by sylve11: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2014
aribitoye:
Only this guy has hit the nail. Without the blast furnace at Ajaokuta being completed, there is no commercial hope for steel production. The blast furnace needs iron ore concentrate from itakpe , coal from Enugu coal mines, and limestone from deposits scattered in Nigeria. Without these raw materials, there is no sane and viable production of billets for steel making that can be commercially marketable. Importing the billets is not the best because the production cost will be too high and the company will run at a loss.

Only that guy indeed nailed it.
Yes, they will surely run at lost except they will need to revive her sister company (DSC), that produces billets. cool
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by ayusco85(m): 8:12am On Sep 21, 2014
aieromon:

They already have staff that have been paid for donkey years to do nothing.

The title of the thread is misleading. Let's wait till December to celebrate.

With the new re-modelled ajakuta steel plant trust me they will need new hands, both skilled and unskilled. Mind u there was expansion of the company so definately the previous staff won't be able to run the company.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by aieromon(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2014
ayusco85:

With the new re-modelled ajakuta steel plant trust me they will need new hands, both skilled and unskilled. Mind u there expansion of the company so definately the previous staff won't be able to run the company.

You're right about the infusion of new hands with modern ideas. After seeing the rot in DSC Aladja, I'm afraid it's easier said than done.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by tempest01(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Many steel companies wasting in this country...we should revive then all to aid industrialisation.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by coldgate(f): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2014
The last time such an event happened was just before the last presidential election. Nigerians have a very short memory. No wonder the ruling class are able to do what they do best- deceiving Nigerians since 1824 AD.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Kesmakveli:
If this is true, then the government Needs to revive this investment
There's no question of if there, what the guy said is very true. DSC Aladja is in a very BAD state at the moment. The workers have not been paid salaries for 3 years. A lot of them have died of hunger and sickness. With a functional railway line linking ajaokuta and DSC and both plants in full operation the sky would be the limit for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by Alman: 8:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Hope this is true and not another campaign strategy.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by eledacedar(f): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: Just like NEPA ...PHCN ....DISCO and NNPC Refineries undecided .....all producing SOMETHING when in actual fact they are not or may be we don't have the eyes to see?

Soon we will hear of billions of naira as bailout for Ajaoukuta just as it was for GENCOs and DISCOs last week.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by condralbede(m): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2014
Franiey: Hello House, any body that may be in need of
cheap
data bundle for his internet exploration and
exploitation can now get it at a cheap and
affordable amount.

Below are the various plans
available and theirprices;

* MTN 250MB - N450 (or 500 mtn rechargecard)
* MTN 500MB - N850 (or 950 mtn rechargecard)
* MTN 1GB - N1, 200 (or 1, 300 mtn rechargecard)
* MTN 2GB - N2, 200 (or 2, 300 mtn rechargecard)
* MTN 3GB - N3, 200 (or 3, 300 mtn rechargecard)

Etisalat monthly data plans
available!
* 1GB - N1, 400 (or 1, 500 recharge card)
* 2GB - N2, 400. (or 2, 500 recharge card)

1. Each data bundle valid for 30 Days.
2. You can re – purchase if you exhaust your data
before the expiry date, and you stand a chance of
enjoying another expiry date.
3. Enjoy Data roll-over.
4. All packages work with android,nokia phones,
windows phone,wifi-hotspot and modem.
5. This data bundle is NOT a CHEAT and it
is NOT a SCAM .
6. Payment can be made through recharge cards,
money transfer, bank deposits, or through
airtime transfer from your phone.
7. Enjoy FREE 250MB if you refer 5 people who
purchase 1G each.

You pick any of the data plans, choose either method of payment.
If you opt for bank payment, you can pay into
GTB
Onyibe Nathanael
If its the airtime transfer, you transfer to this number 08105505403

Then you send your name and the phone number you want the data to be credited to.
When payment is confimed, you get credited
segradino is who I knw....his own is cheaper n realiable

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by eledacedar(f): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Alman: Hope this is true and not another campaign strategy.

Only time will tell. I won't be surprised if another bailout of billions of naira is announced for them too.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by suyamasta(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2014
nice to know, but i pray its sustained!
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by ayusco85(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2014
aieromon:

You're right about the infusion of new hands with modern ideas. After seeing the rot in DSC Aladja, I'm afraid it's easier said than done.

So I guess if they don't recruit new hands soon we will know the said expansion and remodelling is just a Hoax to gain cheap political point, with 2015 general election in sight.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by rman: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2014
This is major step forward. Kudos to FG/GEJ!

I wonder what past administrations were thinking. Fix Electricity and Ajaokuta and watch everything else fall into place.

All the poverty alleviation gimmick will not manifest without those two. As an engineer, the future looks bright!!!. Next step is for us to start looking for ways to get into power metallurgy required for precision engineering and we are good to go.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by double3(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2014
I'm surprised that there is jubilation in the air because ajeokuta steel company could "FORM"(for non engineering students forming in this scenario is similar to importing flour and baking kpof kpof or chin chin ) a metal. That company was initially designed to produce iron and steel from its ore(hermitite) and not to convert billet into finished products. What ajeokuta steel is doing now is merely to melt imported steel and form rods and other products, quite a shame if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by koikoi2(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2014
Nigerian will soon become a super power under d administration of Goodluck whom u people called all sort of names, clueless, inexperience, weak, slow, corrupt and insensitive to insecurity.

God is watching all d APC folks and d northerners trying to disgrace d president cos of power. shame onto them.

Good luck till 2019 and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by IYANGBALI: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2014
"ROD" production,hmmmmmm,ajaokuta girls go hear am,I hope dem go remember to dey use condoms
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by gistmelove(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Great move..

# i love 9ja

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by 30secs(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Aderupoko2: Nigeria is a fake country.... How can rod production in Ajaokuta be a new thing.....I did youth service in Ajaokuta in 2003 and they have been producing these rods way before I got there....the rolling mill has always been functional.....go to Ajaokuta and do your own personal investigation..... All this stunts is just for publicity.....desperation for 2015.....I served in the rolling mills that time, we were producing 16mm size rods, go verify records...most corpers posted to that company from 2003 even till 2007 were staffed and working in different sections....we were even generating our electricity at the TBB plant and selling to PHCN the excess not used....pls all the Politics must stop.
Lobatan!!!!
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by double3(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2014
aribitoye:
Only this guy has hit the nail. Without the blast furnace at Ajaokuta being completed, there is no commercial hope for steel production. The blast furnace needs iron ore concentrate from itakpe , coal from Enugu coal mines, and limestone from deposits scattered in Nigeria. Without these raw materials, there is no sane and viable production of billets for steel making that can be commercially marketable. Importing the billets is not the best because the production cost will be too high and the company will run at a loss.
Do u know why that blast furnace has been abandoned for years,? Its because the coal needed for production which is found in enugu coal mines cannot be converted into coke required to reduce the ore in the blast furnace.
My point being that the blast furnace route wasn't the best route we should have taken in other to produce our steel from its ore. I think it was discovered very late by then billions of money had already been sank into the project.
Now the solution would be to find a cheap technology that could convert enugu's non cokeable coal into coke or abandon the blast furnace route which requires coal for pig iron production and look for alternative technology which wouldn't require coal for production.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by bigtt76(f): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2014
Na so my broda ...you don get am and all these coming some few months to the general elections .....go figure grin

eledacedar:

Soon we will hear of billions of naira as bailout for Ajaoukuta just as it was for GENCOs and DISCOs last week.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel Company Begins Rod Production by nifemi25(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2014
omenka: Please God, let this be true and sustained!!!

So what have you gain so far from the space booking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira / Fire Guts Sabo Market In Ogun (Photos) / Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.