Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960127 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ogbmay: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks all for your contributions, I have been informed. Is Nigeria Investing in comodities yet? Gold Silver? Is it physical gold or just on paper? Is the government a part of it? What are the procedures of such an investment. Many tnks in advance for your responses.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2015
Recently got a mail from one of my brokers (Fidelity securities) that they now have a Bond Indexed Investment Note which has a guaranteed return at 13.75% with quarterly interest payments and with asset manager fee of 0.5%.

has anyone seen this?
Re: Mutual Funds by princeuk21(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:
Recently got a mail from one of my brokers (Fidelity securities) that they now have a Bond Indexed Investment Note which has a guaranteed return at 13.75% with quarterly interest payments and with asset manager fee of 0.5%.

has anyone seen this?
sound interesting
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:

has anyone seen this?

That word guaranteed at a time like this sounds cool, could you please tell us more!!
Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2015
ernie4life:

That word guaranteed at a time like this sounds cool, could you please tell us more!!

This is the mail I received.....

Good day Mr Feelamong,

This is to introduce you to our new product. Please see below.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications if so desired.
Regards

FIDELITY SECURITIES LIMITED BOND INDEXED INVESTMENT NOTES

PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest).

The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This particular product is particularly indexing the recently issued Fidelity Corporate Bonds.

• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)

• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days.

• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a Guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN bonds.

• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter.

• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the investments.

• It is open ended and investors are allowed to join in the investment anytime.

• There is an Asset manager fee of 0.5% on the accrued interest.

• The Minimum Investment is N1M.

• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so.

Kindly Contact us for any further clarifications on info@fidsecng.com
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 10:56am On Jul 03, 2015
Hmm......1milla shocked
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:

Good day Mr Feelamong,

Regards

PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest).

The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This particular product is particularly indexing the recently issued Fidelity Corporate Bonds.

• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)

• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days.

• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a Guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN bonds.

• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter.

• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the investments.

• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so.

Well I think 13.75% is a good deal but not good enough at 1million for a year, investment-one MY PASS offers 14% net( no withholding tax, no managerial fee) for same amount for same tenure.

My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2015
ogbmay:
Thanks all for your contributions, I have been informed. Is Nigeria Investing in comodities yet? Gold Silver? Is it physical gold or just on paper? Is the government a part of it? What are the procedures of such an investment. Many tnks in advance for your responses.

There is NEWGOLD http://www.newgold.com/ and it is traded on the NSE as an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). Am sure you will be able to get genuine information from the below

http://etfcib.absa.co.za/Fund%20Documents/NewGold%20Datasheet%20Nigeria%20March%202014.pdf
http://www.investadvocate.com.ng/index.php/capital-market/3223-absa-capital-lists-1st-etf-on-nigerias-exchange-at-n2-526

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by segebobo: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Please gurus on this thread enlighten me, what's the difference between MPR (Monetary Policy Rate) and SDF (Standard Deposit Facility Rate).
Re: Mutual Funds by Willie2015: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2015
feelamong:

has anyone seen this?

The guaranteed return of 13.75% is cool. However, I still ve serious doubt about money managers in Nigeria.

What happen to my fund if the coy has liquidity problem and unable to pay my principal as at the required date ?
Is the scheme register with SEC like other Mutual Funds ?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Willie2015:

The guaranteed return of 13.75% is cool. However, I still ve serious doubt about money managers in Nigeria.

What happen to my fund if the coy has liquidity problem and unable to pay my principal as at the required date ?
Is the scheme register with SEC like other Mutual Funds ?

I don't think you have any reason to doubt any fund manager in Nigeria, as long as the fund is registered and supervised by SEC
Re: Mutual Funds by Ty207: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2015
ernie4life:

Well I think 13.75% is a good deal but not good enough at 1million for a year, investment-one MY PASS offers 14% net( no withholding tax, no managerial fee) for same amount for same tenure.

My thoughts though

How sure is is the bolded part?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
feelamong:

Good day Mr Feelamong,

Regards

This offer looks good if genuine but find out what bonds it is indexed to and see the terms of the bonds,like the coupon rate, the YTM, the rating etc. An indexed security is like a derivative, it takes its payout, cash flow etc from the underlining
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ty207:

How sure is is the bolded part?

very sure but the money MUST stay for a year for u to get the 14%
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
ernie4life:

very sure but the money MUST stay for a year for u to get the 14%
Share little light on the MyPass
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Yem0350:

Share little light on the MyPass

MY PASS comes in three categories
the interest rate for all my pass is 7% but each comes with a bonus if the funds are left for a year
the categories include : MY PASS orange 7% plus a bonus of 2% if funds are left for a year, minimum investment amount is 100k

my pass silver: 7% plus a bonus of 3% if funds are left for a year, minimum investment is 500k

my pass gold: 7% plus a bonus of 7% if funds are left for a year making 14% minimum investment is 1m
Re: Mutual Funds by Ty207: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
ernie4life:

MY PASS comes in three categories
the interest rate for all my pass is 7% but each comes with a bonus if the funds are left for a year
the categories include : MY PASS orange 7% plus a bonus of 2% if funds are left for a year, minimum investment amount is 100k

my pass silver: 7% plus a bonus of 3% if funds are left for a year, minimum investment is 500k

my pass gold: 7% plus a bonus of 7% if funds are left for a year making 14% minimum investment is 1m

Bonus is not certain in any investment.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ty207:

Bonus is not certain in any investment.

well it is for this one, check the website.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited has won ‘Best Mutual Fund Provider Nigeria 2015’ and ‘Best Non Pension Fund Manager Nigeria 2015.’

The winners were announced at a gala dinner and awards cer- emony in London recently.

Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings plc, which is part of the Standard Bank Group, Africa’s largest bank by assets.

The feat is in line with its parent company (Stanbic IBTC Holdings plc) goal of becoming Nigeria’s foremost financial services organisation.

Olumide Oyetan, Chief Executive Officer, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, who described the award as an incentive to work harder, stated that “the firm remains totally committed to helping Nigerians build a portfolio of financial instruments from which they can use to meet their unique investment objective(s)’.’

He also reiterated “the numerous benefits in investing in mutual funds, especially the expertise that is brought to bear in maximizing returns to investors without compromising safety”.

Organised by Global Banking & Finance Review, a reputable online banking and finance performance review platform, the awards recognise achievements and innovations by companies in the global financial community, cutting across banking, Islamic finance, hedge funds, asset and wealth management, real estate, and corporate social responsibility, among others.

While commenting on this year’s award, Wanda Rich, editor, Global Bank- ing and Finance Review, stated: “Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited’s dedication to excellence throughout its investment advisory and management services is what made them stand out as the clear winner this year,” adding: “We look forward to seeing fur- ther industry-leading solu- tions from them in the years to come.”

With three of Nigeria’s largest and most promi- nent mutual funds under its management, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Lim- ited is by far the country’s leading asset management company.

The categories of funds where the firm dominates include the Stanbic IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund, Nigeria’s largest equity mutual fund; the Stanbic IBTC Ethical Fund, Nigeria’s first and largest socially responsible mutual fund; and Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund, which is the fastest growing and largest mutual fund in the country today.

Having managed funds on behalf of savings schemes, institutional and corporates mandates and high net-worth individuals for over two decades, Oyetan said Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited has an impeccable and impressive performance record in the Nigerian investment field.

The asset management firm, he said, “will continue to take ad- vantage of market move- ment by buying attractively priced securities which are usually trading at a substan- tial discount relative to their intrinsic value to eventually benefit from a subsequent repricing or re-rating.”

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/stanbic-ibtc-asset-management-wins-best-mutual-fund-provider-in-nigeria/#.VbUbZjjTWbA
Re: Mutual Funds by toxiflam: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2015
@ ernie4life, carpenter I got some questions Is kgif now Vgif because I can't seem to see kgif on their website? Do I need to visit the office to open the investment account? How do I make payment for the investment, cash or fund transfer? What banks do kgif operate with. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2015
toxiflam:
@ ernie4life, carpenter
I got some questions
Is kgif now Vgif because I can't seem to see kgif on their website?
Do I need to visit the office to open the investment account?
How do I make payment for the investment, cash or fund transfer?
What banks do kgif operate with.
Thanks

Yea KGIF is now VGIF,
You can either come to our office or do it online, either way you will always get a notification on its opening via mail,
You can make payments either by cash or transfer, it all depends on what works for you.
Stanbic ibtc is the custodian bank.
Re: Mutual Funds by toxiflam: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2015
ernie4life:

Yea KGIF is now VGIF,
You can either come to our office or do it online, either way you will always get a notification on its opening via mail,
You can make payments either by cash or transfer, it all depends on what works for you.
Stanbic ibtc is the custodian bank.
Thank you for the quick response.
The interest rate is still 12% p.a net of charges right?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2015
toxiflam:

Thank you for the quick response.
The interest rate is still 12% p.a net of charges right?

Used to be 13% when it was pegged to MPR, now it's been reviewed and it's now pegged to SDF which is 11%
Re: Mutual Funds by claycares: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
NairaQuest:

This offer looks good if genuine but find out what bonds it is indexed to and see the terms of the bonds,like the coupon rate, the YTM, the rating etc. An indexed security is like a derivative, it takes its payout, cash flow etc from the underlining

By way of contributing to this informative thread, let me add few info I have here.

The mail stated that it is indexing the recent Fidelity Bond issue which has 8 May 2015 as effective date due 2022. The coupon rate of the Fidelity Bank Bonds issue is 16.48 if I can remember vividly well, because we advised one of the parties in the transaction. Over to the investment bankers to calculate the YTM. I will confirm the rating and update.

Does it make investment/commercial sense to invest your entire savings on mutual funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:09am On Aug 10, 2015
ernie4life:

Used to be 13% when it was pegged to MPR, now it's been reviewed and it's now pegged to SDF which is 11%

Ernie,

InvestmentOne is moving the goal post grin
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2015
carpenter:

Ernie,

InvestmentOne is moving the goal post grin

Yea
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 12:15am On Aug 12, 2015
ernie4life:

Am with investment one VGIF...why the change from 13%MPR to 11%SDF? Full explanations please....
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 12:37am On Aug 12, 2015
carpenter:

It is that simple, nothing to explain. 6,000 pere

What of you're reinvesting the dividend, how much will you get in a year for N50,000 VGIF?
Re: Mutual Funds by misskenny(f): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
thx every1 for all d opinions i've read.

I'm a novice but i invested in d first mutual fund, 2years ago, 50,000 naira.
ernie4life, do u ve an idea how much interest or loss, i'll hve ve by now.

Does any1 has idea of wat i'll need go wt to get my balance back. thank u in anticipation.
Pls mention me
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
misskenny:
thx every1 for all d opinions i've read.

I'm a novice but i invested in d first mutual fund, 2years ago, 50,000 naira.
ernie4life, do u ve an idea how much interest or loss, i'll hve ve by now.

Does any1 has idea of wat i'll need go wt to get my balance back. thank u in anticipation.
Pls mention me

What did you invest in?
Re: Mutual Funds by misskenny(f): 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
ernie4life:

What did you invest in?
i invested in d Heritage fund

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.