Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957825 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2015
yak:
it marvels me d volume of info guys give out here free of charge. am highly impressed. I dnt know y I paid schl fee in univ for 4+ yrs, I for invest dat money in Nairaland

knowledge is like a light, it is better appreciated when shared.
nairaland gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced people, big thanks to seun

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2015
ernie4life:

knowledge is like a light, it is better appreciated when shared.
nairaland gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced people, big thanks to segun

@ oga ernie4life, please can you give me link on Nigerian Treasury bills 4th quarter calender ( September-December 2015).
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2015
ukay2:

@ Oga Carpenter and other gurus, please do you have 4th quarter calender(September-December 2015) calender for Nigerian Treasury Bills.
Any link? I couldn't see it in CBN website.
I need it urgently.
Thanks.

no luck
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2015
ukay2:

@ oga ernie4life, please can you give me link on Nigerian Treasury bills 4th quarter calender ( September-December 2015).
Thanks
I hope this helps
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
carpenter:

no luck

OK. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
ernie4life:

I hope this helps

Oga ernie4life, that was for Italian treasury bills.... Lol
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
ukay2:

Oga ernie4life, that was for Italian treasury bills.... Lol

Ernie wants you to go international nii... grin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
carpenter:

Ernie wants you to go international nii... grin

hahhahaha but considering the economic situation don’t you think it’s time we go international

ukay2:

Thanks

sorry for the mix up, i didnt see for third quarter but saw for second quarter

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2015
Ukay2, is it 3red quarter or 4th quarter?
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2015
taiwoliu:
Ukay2, is it 3red quarter or 4th quarter?

4th quarter I need.
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
ukay2:

4th quarter I need.
go to d Tbills thread on NL, feelamong or sum1 thr wl help u.
Re: Mutual Funds by macodollar: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2015
The weekend is over

The ogas should kindly continue to educate us
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2015
...Hard to look at my stock broking accounts in past few weeks, am sure I am taking hard hits. I am in for long term though and this is the time to buy more...Sales sales sales grin

This brings back to this thread... ~1% a month may seem small but if it makes you sleep well at night, it is heavenly. Mutual funds give so much peace of mind. It will not make you super rich but you will be able to compete favourably with inflation.
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
carpenter:
...Hard to look at my stock broking accounts in past few weeks, am sure I am taking hard hits. I am in for long term though and this is the time to buy more...Sales sales sales grin

This brings back to this thread... ~1% a month may seem small but if it makes you sleep well at night, it is heavenly. Mutual funds give so much peace of mind. It will not make you super rich but you will be able to compete favourably with inflation.
in addition, I just discovered that if u c it as a savings strategy instead of an investment plan, it gingers u to add more.....#my experience

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
carpenter:

That is why having mutual funds is good, because of diversification, Quantitative Financial Analytics has just released the Ytd performance of mutual funds on their web site mutualfunds nigeria dot cum. Take a look and you will see how mutual funds are beating the market, it is on the analytics page of the site
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:02am On Aug 26, 2015
carpenter:

I agree with you, for the past 6months I split my investment between mutual funds and stock, for stocks I buy stocks with names/fundamental, although am putting more in stocks than mutual funds (personal reasons though) but am happy cos i know very soon I will be smiling to the bank, "after rain comes sunshine" the bears will not stay forever
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2015
taiwoliu:
in addition, I just discovered that if u c it as a savings strategy instead of an investment plan, it gingers u to add more.....#my experience

That’s another mind conception strategy that helps in times like this
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2015
fellow Nairalanders, I av some money to invest in mutual fund, n av chosen fbn though just for d name. I want to know what my next action shld b. do I go to any first bank? do I need to av an account wit 1st bank? plz I need small information from d gurus
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2015
yak:
fellow Nairalanders, I av some money to invest in mutual fund, n av chosen fbn though just for d name. I want to know what my next action shld b. do I go to any first bank? do I need to av an account wit 1st bank? plz I need small information from d gurus
If it is mutual fund, you don't need any auction. Jst fill an account opening form, with ur evidence of payment and scan it to them.
Currently, dey av 3 mutual funds: Money market, fixed income and heritage fund. Jst select d one u wish to invest in, bearing the risk, interest n objective.
It is not compulsory u av an acct wit first bank.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2015
is the form online or I will pick up a hard copy from any first bank branch?
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2015
yak:
is the form online or I will pick up a hard copy from any first bank branch?

www.fbncapital.com/asset-management/investor-resource-center/download-forms
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 12:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
tnx u are doing gr8 jobs
Re: Mutual Funds by Nigeriatraining: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seeking Rise in Pay and position in your CAREER? Then you need to do one or two of the following professional courses:

1. Hadoop Essentials Course
4 Day Hadoop Essentials Course September 21st - 24th, 2015.
This 4 day intensive fast paced course will deliver a technical
overview of the Hadoop landscape. No prior knowledge of
databases is assumed. However...http:// tinyurl . com/ o2xppmv

2. NEBOSH International General Certificate [Training & Certification Exam in Warri, PH] Aug. 17th - 28th, 2015.
This course is an internationally recognized qualification in the
management of Health and Safety at work. This is the right
course for you if ... http:// tinyurl . com / ob5o43q

3. Five day HSE Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 training with International Certification.
Hands on training inclusive of Practical,
Training manuals would be in soft copies.
Certificate to be issued by World Safety Organization.
Certificate comes with logo and Seal of World Safety...
http:// tinyurl .com /om7vu87

4. NEBOSH IGC In Safety & Health (UK) Lagos 10th - 29th of August, 2015.
If you are thinking of a good way to get prepared for a
rewarding career in construction, oil and gas, maritime and
general industries both locally and internationally, then
acquiring a certificate from one of the foremost recognized...
http://tinyurl . com/ qcym3hw

Please visit http:// tinyurl .com / ofoloar to know more about other courses

Re: Mutual Funds by Nigeriatraining: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Apply for the Effective Service Delivery to developed a better customer and stakeholders engagement and management skills.
Course Contents:
– Introduction to Effective Service Delivery
– Effective Delegation
– Effective Communication
– Mobilizing Team for Goal Attainment
– Evaluation, Training and Development
– Performance Appraisal
– Developing Customer Support Strategy
– Stakeholders Management
– Management Functions... for more info visit
http://www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com/events/effective-service-delivery/

1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
yak:
tnx u are doing gr8 jobs

All you need to know about Nigerian mutual funds can be found at mutual funds nigeria dot cum (one word). It is a one stop shop for those interested in mutual funds

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by macodollar: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2015
This thread must not die o

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
For all lovers of mutual funds in Nigeria, I suggest you go get today's business day newspaper, turn to page 41, fund managers association of Nigeria( FMAN) published they year to day performance of all mutual funds.

It may interest you to know the highest in terms of yield was UBA bond fund with a Yield of 18.16%. While the lowest was........ do well to check your self

Attached below is a picture of the page

Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
plz d gurus in d house, is it reasonable to buy into mutual funds in this period of economic recession? especially going by d condition of our market
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
yak:
plz d gurus in d house, is it reasonable to buy into mutual funds in this period of economic recession? especially going by d condition of our market

mutual funds are safe so long as the asset classification are on money market, the yield are safe
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
k. I was just discussing that with my woman n I decided to get a more informed opinion from d gurus. tnks bro
Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 2:57am On Sep 13, 2015
ernie4life:
For all lovers of mutual funds in Nigeria, I suggest you go get today's business day newspaper, turn to page 41, fund managers association of Nigeria( FMAN) published they year to day performance of all mutual funds.

It may interest you to know the highest in terms of yield was UBA bond fund with a Yield of 18.16%. While the lowest was........ do well to check your self

Attached below is a picture of the page

The numbers are not visible can you send to me at info@.com, I do not think that these are Ytd numbers, if they are, I doubt their correctness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.