Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (958691 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2018
Yem0350:
With the current rate of tbills
I expect all mmf to give over 12% next wk
Pls, what's the current rate of T-Bills?
I thought it's still till Oct. before the auction?
Re: Mutual Funds by mikeopara: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
hardeydhoying:

Recent deal I got from stanbic

See below the CBN stop rates at last T-bill PMA:

91d – 11.0000%

182d – 12.3000%

364d – 13.5000%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
mikeopara:

91d – 11.0000%

182d – 12.3000%

364d – 13.5000%

Lies .
Stop rate for 364 days is not 13.50

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
hardeydhoying:

https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/575#71370721
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
mikeopara:
Hello guys, I have learnt a lot here but I'd like to find out. I have about 6M+ in my mutual fund. Do you think I'm doing the right thing. I get a daily interest of about 1800 daily. Or I should drift to TB?
You may take some percentage to tbills. If you are in urgent need of cash, mmf is always there for you.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Olohunjedalo(m): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Yem0350:

You may take some percentage to tbills. If you are in urgent need of cash, mmf is always there for you.
Exactly.
That’s the only reasonable difference. Liquidity !

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by mikeopara: 4:55am On Sep 21, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Lies .
Stop rate for 364 days is not 13.50

Hello Young fellow.

I think you should mind your language

If you have a contrary deal then post it.

Don't come here calling me a liar.

Your rates are dependent on the deal you given.

So dude got 12.3% for 148days Secondary market from stanbic.

What then justifies, my calling him a liar if I'm not in accordance with his post.

Please be guided accordingly.

7 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Olohunjedalo(m): 5:21am On Sep 21, 2018
mikeopara:

Hello Young fellow.

I think you should mind your language

If you have a contrary deal then post it.

Don't come here calling me a liar.

Your rates are dependent on the deal you given.

So dude got 12.3% for 148days Secondary market from stanbic.

What then justifies, my calling him a liar if I'm not in accordance with his post.

Please be guided accordingly.

Hello old fellow .
Sorry about that . But please be informed the stop rate for 364 days is 13.4750 and not 13.5000 that you posted. Thanks

1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2018
mikeopara:
Hello guys, I have learnt a lot here but I'd like to find out. I have about 6M+ in my mutual fund. Do you think I'm doing the right thing. I get a daily interest of about 1800 daily. Or I should drift to TB?

I don't know your aim/plan for investment and how much time you have. At least the money being in MMF is better than just in ordinary saving account. However if you intend to save the money upto 1yr it would better to to put I TB reinvest the interest in TB too the use the n put the interest of the interest in MMF.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 9:34am On Sep 21, 2018
mikeopara:

91d – 11.0000%

182d – 12.3000%

364d – 13.5000%

Thanks
I'm currently weighing my options. I've not yet decided if I should invest in T-Bills or MMF.
I was at Stanbic IBTC yesterday to open an account.
Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2018
If I don't need the principal for like 6 months, is it advisable to invest in T-Bills or MMF with their current rate respectively?
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2018
I will advice you don't put all into tbills. You might need cash unexpectedly
Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2018
Yem0350:
Okay, thanks so much. 

I'll still like to hear other people's view.
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
hardeydhoying:

Okay, thanks so much. 

I'll still like to hear other people's view. 

If i may advise though am not into T-bills at the moment but it is simple arithmetic

MMF interest goes from 10.6 - 12.12% per annual so if you must invest in T-bills they must be ready to offer above this else it is not worth the wait. My opinion
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yem0350:

Correct me if am wrong

I think the way T-bills work is that you get your interest upfront.
Assuming you get a deal at 13% for 364days and you are investing N1,000,000
13% interest is N130,000 which is paid to you as soon as the deal is completed
You can then invest the N130,000 into MMF and can also add monthly funds to it to further increase your stake.

My Opinion

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
ajeleomo:

Correct me if am wrong

I think the way T-bills work is that you get your interest upfront.
Assuming you get a deal at 13% for 364days and you are investing N1,000,000
13% interest is N130,000 which is paid to you as soon as the deal is completed
You can then invest the N130,000 into MMF and can also add monthly funds to it to further increase your stake.

My Opinion
Yes. Very correct. What happen if you are in urgent need of 500k?
The most important thing to be noted before going into tbills is that you won't need full or part of the money before expiration of the tenure. When it is needed, the benefit of MMF comes in. That is the only clause. Apart from this, tbills is better considering investing the upfront interest in MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yem0350:

The most important thing to be noted before going into tbills is that you won't need full or part of the money before expiration of the tenure. When it is needed, the benefit of MMF comes in. That is the only clause. Apart from this, tbills is better considering investing the upfront interest in MMF

Yes, this was earlier explained, that liquidity is a major concern depending on the person involved.
If the decision is to leave the cash in an investment for the tenor without any withdrawal then TBILLS is for you
If you might be in need of cash at any point during the investment period and will require you to withdraw cash then MMF is for you

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by KayPapi: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
Can I someone give where to tbills at competitive rates?

Also, what's the minimum investment required? Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
KayPapi:
Can I someone give where to tbills at competitive rates?

Also, what's the minimum investment required? Thanks
Check the tbills section for details
Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yem0350:

This is not entirely correct. You can withdraw from Tbills before maturity, but you will lose part of your Capital depending in the rate at that moment.
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
naijaobi:

This is not entirely correct. You can withdraw from Tbills before maturity, but you will lose part of your Capital depending in the rate at that moment.
Yes. I know you can withdraw from tbills but it will definitely affect your interest rate (in total) bcoz you will sell at discount. For MMF, nothing like that. That was the point i was trying to make.
Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2018
Yem0350:

Yes. I know you can withdraw from tbills but it will definitely affect your interest rate (in total) bcoz you will sell at discount. For MMF, nothing like that. That was the point i was trying to make.
Yes..correct
Re: Mutual Funds by corrall(f): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
Stanbic mmf, closed at 11.17 as at yesterday

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by lordnaruto: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2018
Hello gurus,
I'm about to join the MMF train. Which platform is the best in terms of profit and period of compounding? Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm new in the mutual fund investments and I'm considering crafting a MMF with stanbic ibtc bank. Please I need someone to advise me how to go about it and how do I calculate my accumulated interest if I invest a particular sum of money. Though I wanted to invest with ARM but I feel that stanbic ibtc should be a better option. I need advise guys
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2018
Kindly go through previous pages. All answers have been provided.
Re: Mutual Funds by lordnaruto: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
ajeleomo:

With this that puts FBNQuest on top while IONE is yet to be verified..... Someone with Abacus MMF should update us

Fbn Quest - 12.11%
AXA = 11.99%
ARM =11.66%
Stanbic - 11.24%

With this, FBN Quest tops the chart. Well done bosses.
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 5:23am On Sep 24, 2018
hardeydhoying:

Is Capital guaranteed for Treasury Bills?

100% guaranteed...so far Nigeria as a country still exist
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2018
Good Morning ladies and gentlemen.

Trust we had a great weekend?

Just my little advice (again) on MMF and TB investment and please let all the newbie did a little read up form previous pages the answers you needed are already here....but me I love to answer same question anytime sha...it keeps this thread alive grin

1. TB investment is straight forward if you know you wont have a need for cash urgently, go for minimum of 182 days

2. Invest in 1st tier banks: my picks are FBN, STANBIC and GTB (I use STANBIC & GTB)...they usually have good rates...please when you hear ZENITH ruuuunnnn!!! (except they are better now sha, i divorced Zenith TB long time ago)

3. Use the interest you get in TB above to invest MMF: actually i dont really have picks in MMF but my current MMF funds manager are STANBIC, IONE and AXA

3. Currently I'm saving between 30% to 60% of my monthly salary. Once I have up to withdraw-able 100K in my MMF, I withdraw and invest in TB and interest again in MMF.

4. Currently I have only 2 month that I don't have a matured TB investment, other remaining 10 month, alert must drop ni and I reinvest ASAP.

The key is to know what your investment plans are.

I'm open to any questions, feel free to ask there are gurus in the house to answer you

NB: I am not a staff of any banks or financial institutions.

May God Almighty bless our hustle and grant us all our financial goals.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2018
dotcomnamename:

Are you now saying Mutual Funds is risk or Capital is not not guarantee? undecided

As you already know, Mutual Funds Capital is guarantee 100% so far they invest in Money markets (TB etc)

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by hardeydhoying(m): 8:10am On Sep 24, 2018
irookie:

100% guaranteed...so far Nigeria as a country still exist
Thanks

I've picked up the form for both T-Bills and MMF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.