Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956378 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by dollaflow(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
NL1960:

The calculation is correct. Interest rate is per year and not per month.

The formula for simple interest is:

I = PTR/365 or 366 depending on whether it is a leap year or not (no ask me wetin be leap year o)

where:

P = Principal = N500,000

T = Time = 30 days

R = Rate = 5% = 5/100 = 0.05

Therefore:

I = (500,000 * 30 * 0.05 )/365 = 750,000 / 365 = 2054.794520547945 = 2,054.79. QED

When dem dey teach Simple Interest for mathematics class for school, na people like you go dey make noise, dey make fun of teacher and be asking the teacher wetin dem go use am do for future. You can now see the usefulness. grin.
aigoooo
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Who is interested in knowing how MMF funds are determined?
Here you have it

Meanwhile, Business Post reports that the average money market rate broadly increased by 9.6 percent on Friday to settle at 21.68 percent.

While the Open Buy Back (OBB) went up to 20.86 percent from 11.67 percent, the Overnight (OVN) rose to 22.50 percent from 12.58 percent.

So expect higher MMF rates this week. Lets see how much they will pay from the 21.68% they made.
We can compare what we got from our investment managers.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/10/06/liquidity-squeeze-triggers-0-15-hike-in-t-bills-yields/
Re: Mutual Funds by eanestca(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
jpphilips:
Here you have it

So expect higher MMF rates this week. Lets see how much they will pay from the 21.68% they made.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/10/06/liquidity-squeeze-triggers-0-15-hike-in-t-bills-yields/

You are getting it all wrong

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 9:12am On Oct 09, 2018
Pr0cter:

Yeah. I also got their text and email this morning. To me, their rate aren't very good. I stand to be corrected. Though I didnt invest much fund in their MMF

What is their rate like?
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2018
eanestca:

You are getting it all wrong

I hope so, please tell us how MMf rates are determined.
Re: Mutual Funds by zubixlen(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2018
jpphilips:
Here you have it

Re: Mutual Funds by Buffalowings3(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2018
Invest with Ecobank...
Dem try..
Fixed Income Fund..
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Invest with Ecobank...
Dem try..
Fixed Income Fund..

Enlighten us on this
Re: Mutual Funds by Buffalowings3(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
Pr0cter:

Enlighten us on this

A unit price for FIF 2 years ago was 1000
Now it is 1400.

TB doesn't come close..
Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Buffalowings3:

A unit price for FIF 2 years ago was 1000
Now it is 1400.

TB doesn't come close..

Continue... sounds interesting
Re: Mutual Funds by iamdannyfc(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please i would like to know about updated procedures of ibtc mutual fund
Like minimum amount needed to invest
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please for those using Stanbic, how do you see your daily gains and when(time) is it added to the NAV( net asset value).
I went to the bank on the 2/10/18 and subscribed for their money market, on the 9th, I get a subscription initiation message so I went to the bank yesterday the 10th to get the online access and since then, the money just stand at attention.
Did it have to take one full week after debiting my account to initiate the move? I kept calm because someone complained here before and he was told to calm down that his money is growing but mine did not grow
Experienced guys please help me understand better.
Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Apitch:
Please for those using Stanbic, how do you see your daily gains and when(time) is it added to the NAV( net asset value).
I went to the bank on the 2/10/18 and subscribed for their money market, on the 9th, I get a subscription initiation message so I went to the bank yesterday the 10th to get the online access and since then, the money just stand at attention.
Did it have to take one full week after debiting my account to initiate the move? I kept calm because someone complained here before and he was told to calm down that his money is growing but mine did not grow

Download the app, input ur data or information if u hv them and u are gud to go
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
Apitch:

Yeah. I was the one that complained earlier, but it's been sorted out. All you need to do is just to download stanbic ibtc mobile app from play store and login with your email, phone number and password. You'll then see your NAV and your accrued interest
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
Pr0cter:

Yeah. I was the one that complained earlier, but it's been sorted out. All you need to do is just to download stanbic ibtc mobile app from play store and login with your email, phone number and password. You'll then see your NAV and your accrued interest
It doesn't work with the app. But works well through browsers but never on the app, I view my normal account detail on the app but when I try to log in on the mutual fund, I get an error message
Again my first complaint is that they took a whole week before treating my request, even when I was deducted the same day. E pain me small o but all is well
Re: Mutual Funds by Pr0cter: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
Apitch:

It doesn't work with the app. But works well through browsers but never on the app, I view my normal account detail on the app but when I try to log in on the mutual fund, I get an error message
Again my first complaint is that they took a whole week before treating my request, even when I was deducted the same day. E pain me small o but all is well

Perhaps you should visit them at their office on Monday and tender your complain
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2018
Please is it normal for mutual funds not to grow on Saturday and Sundays or is it a Stanbic thing.
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yes, it is normal. You will get your weekend payment by Monday as par AXA Mansard.

Apitch:
Please is it normal for mutual funds not to grow on Saturday and Sundays or is it a Stanbic thing.
Re: Mutual Funds by Olohunjedalo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Apitch:
It’s very normal. Saturdays, sundays and public holidays
It’s growing , but everything will be added together on Monday . And it will reflect on Monday.
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
elothaddi:
Yes, it is normal. You will get your weekend payment by Monday as par AXA Mansard.

Olohunjedalo:

It’s very normal. Saturdays, sundays and public holidays
It’s growing , but everything will be added together on Monday . And it will reflect on Monday.
Thanks guys
Re: Mutual Funds by emmas2k570(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
I learnt alot from this group but i'm at a crossroad right now.... I have MMF account with Stanbic for sure which i have over 100 in it and i also just opened another MMF account with Axa Mansard.... Now i have 760 but i don't know which of the MMF account is advisable for me to put the money into. Kindly help your brother on this. Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
emmas2k570:
I learnt alot from this group but i'm at a crossroad right now.... I have MMF account with Stanbic for sure which i have over 100 in it and i also just opened another MMF account with Axa Mansard.... Now i have 760 but i don't know which of the MMF account is advisable for me to put the money into. Kindly help your brother on this. Thanks.

Please make I send my bank account nah .. !!
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
emmas2k570:
Divide the money in such a way that they would both be equal, then you monitor and know which is better among the two in terms of rates

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/10/16/one-year-t-bills-shed-0-08-as-money-market-rates-jump-to-42-12/

Meanwhile, in line with expectations, the average money market rates broadly skyrocketed yesterday by 22.67 percent to settle for the day at 42.13 percent.

This was buoyed by the 20.75 percent increase recorded by the Open Buy Back (OBB) rate and the 24.58 percent rise in the Overnight (OVN) rate.

Business Post reports that while the OBB rate jumped to 39.92 percent from 19.17 percent, the OVN rate jumped to 44.33 percent from 19.75 percent.
Re: Mutual Funds by zubixlen(m): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2018
@philips, what is the implications of this on the mutual funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by KayPapi: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Apitch:

Divide the money in such a way that they would both be equal, then you monitor and know which is better among the two in terms of rates

I did similar with ARM and AXA with 100k each.

Interest of AXA is twice that of ARM within a month. I closed my ARM, to use only AXA.

I recommend AXA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 1:42am On Oct 18, 2018
KayPapi:

Interest of AXA is twice that of ARM within a month. I closed my ARM, to use only AXA.

I recommend AXA.

One other thing I like about AXA is that you can liquidate your funds anytime you want.
Re: Mutual Funds by Etimocracy(m): 7:09am On Oct 18, 2018
How do I liquidate my funds from stanbic ibtc. Getting a response that the minimum of 5000 naira would be retained as I tried redeeming online, I wanna finally settle for AXA Mansard. Any helpful response would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 7:17am On Oct 18, 2018
Etimocracy:
How do I liquidate my funds from stanbic ibtc. Getting a response that the minimum of 5000 naira would be retained as I tried redeeming online, I wanna finally settle for AXA Mansard. Any helpful response would be greatly appreciated.
Type every figure you see including kobo
Re: Mutual Funds by hias2012(m): 8:11am On Oct 18, 2018
Yem0350:

Type every figure you see including kobo

I advise you stay with stanbic. You don't need to liquidate your holding in stanbic for AXA. The difference doesn't worth it. Secondly the rates fluctuate. It cld be stanbic higher than AXA tmrrow. You can run both by splitting your subsequent stakes or inflows. I have both hence my advice. Hope you find this useful.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Etimocracy(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2018
hias2012:

I advise you stay with stanbic. You don't need to liquidate your holding in stanbic for AXA. The difference doesn't worth it. Secondly the rates fluctuate. It cld be stanbic higher than AXA tmrrow. You can run both by splitting your subsequent stakes or inflows. I have both hence my advice. Hope you find this useful.

I'll stick to your advice. Thanks for the prompt response
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
KayPapi:

I recommend AXA.

Are you sure about this? i have ARm and Axa also but i have monitored this week and observed that i get about 22% on ARM while i get 11.8% averagely on Axa. IONE gave 12% averagely

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.