Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959714 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2018
mikeopara:
Good Day All,

I'm having this thought, I will appreciate if someone can throw more light on this.

Aside from the profit which is paid on a daily basis, On the 16th,17th and 18th of this month, I got interests of 22k, 2k and 25k which was automatically reinvested to my capital without my available balance been increased . This I guess is standard for everyone who opted for their profit to be reinvested.

However, what if my interest was paid to my bank account and I reinvested to MF on my own? My capital will be increased and so will my available balance.

Please if the aforementioned is not inline, I would really appreciate further clarification.

Thanks.

This is typical with Stanbic for all those who choose reinvestment of profit. They do not do this quarterly but most times weekly. The balance amount remains the same but the inflow amount will increase which will also give rise to the profit value
Re: Mutual Funds by hias2012(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2018
ajeleomo:

This is typical with Stanbic for all those who choose reinvestment of profit. They do not do this quarterly but most times weekly. The balance amount remains the same but the inflow amount will increase which will also give rise to the profit value

Bottom line you earn more as your profit is put to work for you much earlier.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmas2k570(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2018
hias2012:

Bottom line you earn more as your profit is put to work for you much earlier.

The more reason why Stanbic is better than Mansard... Profit at Mansard is put to work 3 to 4 months after....... So annoying undecided
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 5:33am On Oct 25, 2018
I continue to imagine. Despite all the weekly reinvestment of stanbic, their rates are still very low compared to the like of mansard, arm and others.
Re: Mutual Funds by ikemeze: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2018
Good morning All, please I'm interested in these money market fund. I planned to invest in Stanbic mmf and Axamansard mmf. Stanbic mmf is 30 days tenor please how many day is Axamansard Mmf?
How I invest monthly in both of them?
Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
ikemeze:
Good morning All, please I'm interested in these money market fund. I planned to invest in Stanbic mmf and Axamansard mmf. Stanbic mmf is 30 days tenor please how many day is Axamansard Mmf?
How I invest monthly in both of them?
Your statements don't tally with the thread oga
This thread is just 120 pages. If you read the first 20 and last 20 pages(40 pages only), you won't be asking such questions.
Re: Mutual Funds by ikemeze: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
naijaobi
naijaobi:

Your statements don't tally with the thread oga
This thread is just 120 pages. If you read the first 20 and last 20 pages(40 pages only), you won't be asking such questions.
naijao

Did I ask you question naijaobi? can you keep quiet?
Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
ikemeze:
naijaobinaijao

Did I ask you question naijaobi? can you keep quiet?

Lol...pikin..wait mek I spoon feed you..
No go read you hear, just sit mek we dey feed you for mouth

Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
Yem0350:
I continue to imagine. Despite all the weekly reinvestment of stanbic, their rates are still very low compared to the like of mansard, arm and others.

Same here Bro
Re: Mutual Funds by lordnaruto: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
just signed up with AXA Mansard now, It was quite easy , i did everything within 30 minutes, ive even transferred the money to their account, pending confirmation.

I have an issue thou, i followed the activation mail sent to me, and ive already created a password, however, i'm unable to sign in. Is it that it takes some time before i'll be able to access my account or something is wrong somewhere?
Re: Mutual Funds by hias2012(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
ajeleomo:

Same here Bro

Interest rate and interest amount recapitalisation are two separate things entirely. However, a little knowledge of mathematics will show that different fund managers adopt different strategies to remain competitive. Think about this, one offers 12% today and puts the interest amount to work quarterly. Another pays interest at 11.5% and puts the interest amount to work weekly. Which of the two approaches would you prefer? You may need to do the math to know which of these two pays higher returns at the end of season. Looking at the interest rate alone will not answer that question. My advice, stick to one that best suits you, there is no point moving fund from one fund manager to another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
hias2012:

Interest rate and interest amount recapitalisation are two separate things entirely. However, a little knowledge of mathematics will show that different fund managers adopt different strategies to remain competitive. Think about this, one offers 12% today and puts the interest amount to work quarterly. Another pays interest at 11.5% and puts the interest amount to work weekly. Which of the two approaches would you prefer? You may need to do the math to know which of these two pays higher returns at the end of season. Looking at the interest rate alone will not answer that question. My advice, stick to one that best suits you, there is no point moving fund from one fund manager to another.
For the sake of learning, I did the calculation and the 12% is still better and I plead with you to do same before we deliberate and not argue.
Secondly the interest addition is not weekly but like 9days intervals
Finally Stanbic has gone below the 11.5 we are giving them
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
lordnaruto:
just signed up with AXA Mansard now, It was quite easy , i did everything within 30 minutes, ive even transferred the money to their account, pending confirmation.

I have an issue thou, i followed the activation mail sent to me, and ive already created a password, however, i'm unable to sign in. Is it that it takes some time before i'll be able to access my account or something is wrong somewhere?
Send them a mail
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
hias2012:

Irrespective of whatever weekly or monthly, what is important is the total interest one is getting. If on a monthly basis, your total interest keeps getting the lowest, no matter your reinvestment, it is poor.

In summary, what the customers need is total accrued interest to his or her accounts in comparison with others.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
lordnaruto:

Just send them a mail requesting for your client number, you need the client number to sign up on the portal, or better still you can request for a call anytime on their site https://www.axamansard.com/myaxa/investment/money-market-fund/ they'll give you a call and your account will be set-up. Hope it helps.
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
lordnaruto:

I did same and if i can remember correctly, the first link given you is for you to upload your KYC documents through the portal but that is not the monitoring platform for your account. When your payment is confirmed for your mutual money account, another link will be provided for you.
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
hias2012:

Perhaps you are not really checking the daily interest you receive despite the reinvestment, it daily interest keeps going down, when you X amount and you get Y interest, one should presume (Mathematically)that when reinvestment occurs the X +1 amount should give Y + 1 interest instead of the Y - 1 or Y interest. STANBIC is very poor in terms of interest compared to others. This is simple maths based on what we receive daily
Re: Mutual Funds by alezzy13: 2:16am On Oct 26, 2018
hias2012:

Re: Mutual Funds by maishai: 6:43am On Oct 26, 2018
anybody with good info on fsdh products here
Re: Mutual Funds by lordnaruto: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
ajeleomo:

I did same and if i can remember correctly, the first link given you is for you to upload your KYC documents through the portal but that is not the monitoring platform for your account. When your payment is confirmed for your mutual money account, another link will be provided for you.

Thanks, ive been able to log in. However, payment ive made since yesterday never reflect, i had to mail them this afternoon, they later asked me to send payment receipt, they've sent confirmation mail sha, but nothing yet in my account. So , i go miss this weekend pay be that or they'll add everything by monday?
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 10:54pm On Oct 26, 2018
u won't miss anything. they'll calculate everything and pay u d interest
Re: Mutual Funds by lordnaruto: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
yak:
u won't miss anything. they'll calculate everything and pay u d interest
Thanks a lot
Re: Mutual Funds by OgundyVictor: 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
lordnaruto:

Thanks a lot

For stanbic now, what is current interest rate? And when do they pay?
Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2018
Most people don't talk about Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Fund and when i checked the rates for the last 6months its been gud

Please please peeps who is doing Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Fund, who knows about it well? Who can shred more light for me?

Tanks in anticipation
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2018
jujutom:
Most people don't talk about Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Fund and when i checked the rates for the last 6months its been gud

Please please peeps who is doing Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Fund, who knows about it well? Who can shred more light for me?

Tanks in anticipation

I have mentioned it before. GIF is definitely more consistent if not better than MMF. I rebalanced my portfolio to GIF.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmas2k570(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2018
Please help us more with much details on GIF

I'm interested
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2018
The biggest problem we have on this thread is that everyone is focused on mmf whereas there are other mutual funds which at some point in time are performing better than mmf.

This thread is about mutual funds and mmf is just one out of so many.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jujutom(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2018
anori:

I have mentioned it before. GIF is definitely more consistent if not better than MMF. I rebalanced my portfolio to GIF.

Wow! Nice so obviously you noticed the trend too
Pls can u tell us more about it? I am planning on changing my asset from MMF to GIF

Wat i see online is that funds are guaranteed and funds are kept for minimum of 3months
I think it performs better than mmf for now sha but u can throw more light since you have been with them for sometym now
Tanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by mfonox: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good day house,

i just registered for AXA mansard money market for about 2 weeks now.

i noticed that my the last day interest was added to my account is the 25th of october.

is anyone else experiencing this or knows the reason why?

Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
mfonox:
Good day house,

i just registered for AXA mansard money market for about 2 weeks now.

i noticed that my the last day interest was added to my account is the 25th of october.

is anyone else experiencing this or knows the reason why?

Thank you
It was a general issue. Login now, all interest has been added up to-date including that of yesterday

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
ernie4life:
The biggest problem we have on this thread is that everyone is focused on mmf whereas there are other mutual funds which at some point in time are performing better than mmf.

This thread is about mutual funds and mmf is just one out of so many.

Please what's the internet rate for guaranteed funds and how it better that mmf?
Re: Mutual Funds by mfonox: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yes it has....Thank you
Yem0350:

It was a general issue. Login now, all interest has been added up to-date including that of yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.