Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956928 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by C505: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
Anyone have idea if zenith bank runs a mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by GonFreecss1: 6:06am On Feb 01, 2019
C505:
Anyone have idea if zenith bank runs a mutual fund

They do.
Re: Mutual Funds by adurisas: 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
pls can someone difrentiate between mutual funds and hedge funds for me
Re: Mutual Funds by prestige2013: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
Wow! Redemption now so sweet on Stanbic MMF, i got credited within 3hrs of redeeming.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by GonFreecss1: 12:21am On Feb 02, 2019
adurisas:
pls can someone difrentiate between mutual funds and hedge funds for me

Mutual funds involves buying an asset and making gains from it, hedge funds involve short selling assets and other forms of derivatives. They are much riskier and you can lose all your money and probably still owe more. What they have in similarity is they are both managed funds.
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 3:22am On Feb 02, 2019
Hello all, I couldn't gain access to my account dashboard on FBNQuest online platform. The message displayed was "The active accounts linked to the user do not exist. Only limited features can be used. Contact the bank administrators for details."

What does this mean? Anyone experiencing this at the moment?

Many thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by debostar(m): 5:24am On Feb 02, 2019
Is anyone having problem with redeeming on Stanbic mutual fund.I have tried unsuccessfully for the past one week.The OTP refuses to come or it comes so late that it logs me out.
Please what do I do
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 7:47am On Feb 02, 2019
seyisanya:
Hello all, I couldn't gain access to my account dashboard on FBNQuest online platform. The message displayed was "The active accounts linked to the user do not exist. Only limited features can be used. Contact the bank administrators for details."

What does this mean? Anyone experiencing this at the moment?

Many thanks.
It is a general technical issue. Wait till Monday
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 7:47am On Feb 02, 2019
debostar:
Is anyone having problem with redeeming on Stanbic mutual fund.I have tried unsuccessfully for the past one week.The OTP refuses to come or it comes so late that it logs me out.
Please what do I do
OTP via SMS or email. Which one?
Re: Mutual Funds by dammybrite: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2019
Both should be sent at the same time unless the network is bad on the recipient's phone.
Yem0350:

OTP via SMS or email. Which one?
Re: Mutual Funds by dammybrite: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2019
First of all, that their app is network-sensitive. Hence, you want to consider moving to a place with better network reception.

debostar:
Please what do I do
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2019
Okay. Thanks, Yemi.

Yem0350:

It is a general technical issue. Wait till Monday
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2019
seyisanya:
Okay. Thanks, Yemi.

You can now login now. I just did it
Re: Mutual Funds by jayfierce(m): 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
Yem0350:

For money market funds that I know about of which I have account with them (fbnquest, stanbic and mansard), the minimum holding period is 30days. Anytime after 30 days, you will be free to withdraw your money either in part or full without any charges.
As at Friday,
FBNquest: 13.66%
Mansard : 13.46%
I don't trust stanbic rate bcoz they credit a little below their displayed rate.
Based on this, these money market funds suit your taste
I saw that AXA charges 1.25% as management fee per annum. Is this on interest or capital or both?
Re: Mutual Funds by pepe1: 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
emmasoft:

For AXA Mansard register online with your KYC attached and you are good to go. For Stanbic download form, complete and scan to them.
For payment you can transfer fund to their account and send evidence of payment for Mansard while you upload evidence of Payment from your account online for Stanbic

Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
jayfierce:
I saw that AXA charges 1.25% as management fee per annum. Is this on interest or capital or both?
Any rates you see are net rates

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Chirolechick: 9:02am On Feb 03, 2019
Oga haf miss road o cheesy cheesy cheesy

pepe1:

Good idea to send someone there, but I would advise that the person starts from the Registrar's office.

From my interaction with them, it seems like the process goes like this:

1. WES email to Registrar's office.

2. Registry prints mail and sends to the Records office (Room cool. You can speed up this stage by visiting the Registrar's office immediately WES sent the email.

3. On receiving your payment, the Records office would pull out all your info and sends to your department, perhaps for endorsement or something. (This stage takes up to 30% of the process)

4. Your department goes through your info and reverts back to Room 8. (I still don't understand why this stage takes more than 60% of the entire verification process, though the speed varies depending on the department).

5. On receiving your file from your department, the Room 8 ladies would verify your documents and forward to the Registrar who will then send a reply to WES.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by adurisas: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
GonFreecss1:

Mutual funds involves buying an asset and making gains from it, hedge funds involve short selling assets and other forms of derivatives. They are much riskier and you can lose all your money and probably still owe more. What they have in similarity is they are both managed funds.
ok thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by jayfierce(m): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
Yem0350:

Any rates you see are net rates
That's good. Will try them out this week. Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
jayfierce:

Where did you see this
Re: Mutual Funds by eventsmallchops: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
hmmm, mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by ruffbob(m): 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good job all, I have read lovely post on mutual funds and I must say you guys simplified it and made it interesting for a beginning like me to want to invest in. The summary shows stanbicibtc, Axa Mansa and FBN has the best recommendations.
I just have some clarifications
1 for Axa Mansa Abacus is recommended
2 for Stanbic which is recommended?
3 for FBN which is recommended?
All the gurus pls help a learner like me �
Re: Mutual Funds by Jonadull: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
I
ruffbob:
Good job all, I have read lovely post on mutual funds and I must say you guys simplified it and made it interesting for a beginning like me to want to invest in. The summary shows stanbicibtc, Axa Mansa and FBN has the best recommendations.
Abacus is for investment-one

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 4:17am On Feb 04, 2019
ruffbob:
Abacus is not AXAmansard's, investment one owns abacus,

AXAmansard's mutual funds is called money market funds
Re: Mutual Funds by snazzy5050(m): 6:58am On Feb 04, 2019
Hello everyone please i need urgent loan for business, i am ready to pay back fully in less than 5 months and any interest of 10% monthly will be accepted would be accepted.. this is very important to me and i would be glad if someone is interested to assist.. also if it gets to the point of me breaking down my buisness plan to be able to get the loan would not be a problem and also going through my profile will give ideal of my buisness and also my sales feedback, thanks.

Please i am sorry to post this here...
But the intention is urgent and genuine
Re: Mutual Funds by mikylon(m): 8:05am On Feb 04, 2019
Please i need some financial advise.
which is more preferable, stashing money into money market or stashing into treasury bill. Which would guaranty high yield annually.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2019
mikylon:
Please i need some financial advise.
which is more preferable, stashing money into money market or stashing into treasury bill. Which would guaranty high yield annually.
It pays to do both because you could have an emergency for cash. MMF allows withdrawal without penalty after 30 days but TB must wait till maturity
Re: Mutual Funds by rOsy247(f): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Please what are the documents required to open money market fund with first bank and stanbic?
Re: Mutual Funds by Cynnny(f): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please, can anyone direct me on how to make additional subscription on my Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund account?

Would I make use of the Top-Up section on my dashboard? I am being directed to enter my debit card details and seems I would be charged an extra 100 naira on the 25K I want to transfer. I want to be sure I am using the right means.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ruffbob(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
Jonathan:
I
Thank you
which is stanbicibtc and FBN?
Re: Mutual Funds by ruffbob(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
emmy4lov:

Abacus is not AXAmansard's, investment one owns abacus,

AXAmansard's mutual funds is called money market funds
Jonathan:
I

Thank you
Which is for stanbicibtc and FBN?
Re: Mutual Funds by mikylon(m): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
emmasoft:

It pays to do both because you could have an emergency for cash. MMF allows withdrawal without penalty after 30 days but TB must wait till maturity
thanks for the info., quite helpful for decision making

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.