Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960095 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
alfajohn:
was it redeemed online or through instruction in their office.

Mobile App
Re: Mutual Funds by Esmoj: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
Alexgeneration:

Please somebody should help me with these questions.
It’s around 12%

I work with Sterling and our rate is higher and funds are easily accessible.
Re: Mutual Funds by Esmoj: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Esyy:
Please guys, am interested in opening a money market fund...... But I can't find Stanbic bank around here, so I was thinking if I should go for UBA..... Hope UBA is a good option?

Which did you eventually go for
Re: Mutual Funds by galaxy15(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
yvonne001:
Stanbic rate is 13.3 percent

Daily or monthly or annually
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2019
galaxy15:

Daily or monthly or annually
All rates are per annum. But MMF managers calculates it daily. That means using the IBTC Rate you have to divide 13.3% by 365 days to give you interest of one day it's what get accumulated for a quarter to be re-invested or paid as divided depending on your choice and the fund managers.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by godman01(m): 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please what's the difference between Stanbic's Money Market Fund, Guaranteed Fund, etc
Which brings more interest or can one simply invest in any of them?
Re: Mutual Funds by Beeps: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
Please, is there a website where one can see money market fund daily rates for different institutions (something similar to abokifx)?
Kindly share the link
Re: Mutual Funds by Esyy(f): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
Esmoj:

Which did you eventually go for

I finally opted for Stanbic..... Opened MMF account on their mobile app. Didn't receive any account details after my first payment, not until I emailed them about that. They requested I send them my phone number, which I did.... Finally they called, asked about few things and apologized for the time taken......

I have started receiving interests on my subscription.... I think they add interest daily cos every night I check my account, the interest keeps increasing..... Am happy right now

Thanks to all of you who suggested Stanbic earlier

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by BlackChief01: 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
i will be retiring from my present job in the next 8years and I have about 3million Naira which I am thinking on investing on one of the MMF for the next 7years.

Some friends are suggest stock market that I have a better chance of doubling my fund, while some say I should go into agriculture. I am confused right now as I can't afford to loose this money.

Need all the advice I can get right now thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by dammybrite: 11:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
Diversify, mister
BlackChief01:
i will be retiring from my present job in the next 8years and I have about 3million Naira which I am thinking on investing on one of the MMF for the next 7years.

Some friends are suggest stock market that I have a better chance of doubling my fund, while some say I should go into agriculture. I am confused right now as I can't afford to loose this money.

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2019
BlackChief01:

Don't put all your eggs in one basket except if it's God's basket. 3/4 in MMF and 1/4 in fundamentally sound dividend paying stock. you will be happier after 7yrs.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
BlackChief01:

Like dammybrite suggested below you should diversify. While it is very true that you can double, triple or even quadruple you fund in the stock market if you are well grounded and lucky, it is also very possible to loose everything if you do not have the know how and the luck. You can just divide the money and invest like One Million in TB, One Million in MMF and One Million in Equity based Mutual Fund. You can also divide the money into 2 and invest like half in stock and the rest in mutual fund. If you are good with stock just get a good dividend paying stock that can also appreciate too. I believe at retirement your investment would have appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by galaxy15(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
Esyy:

I finally opted for Stanbic..... Opened MMF account on their mobile app. Didn't receive any account details after my first payment, not until I emailed them about that. They requested I send them my phone number, which I did.... Finally they called, asked about few things and apologized for the time taken......

I have started receiving interests on my subscription.... I think they add interest daily cos every night I check my account, the interest keeps increasing..... Am happy right now

Thanks to all of you who suggested Stanbic earlier

exactly same happened to me. I had t email them first before the whole thing was rectified
Re: Mutual Funds by galaxy15(m): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
BlackChief01:

As others have advised, don't put all your eggs in one basket. appropriate your funds to different possible areas of your interest not excluding agriculture too. you might put as 500k now in agriculture and in the next seven years it'll be so much more if managed properly!

In whatever you might decide at the end, bigger rewards come with bigger risk so you should really take your time to make the decision. stock is very risky but the rewards are worth it if you really know how to go about it.
Re: Mutual Funds by BlackChief01: 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Thanks everyone for the advice I appreciate it
Re: Mutual Funds by Beeps: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Is there any app for first bank money market fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by yvonne001(f): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
Annually.They sent me a mail
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
Beeps:
Yes. FBN Edge

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
Beeps:
Yes. it's called FBN EDGE
Re: Mutual Funds by Beeps: 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Thank you

emmasoft:

Yes. it's called FBN EDGE
Re: Mutual Funds by Beeps: 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
Thank you. I have downloaded it. How can I check my account on PC Pls?. Also, where can I view the interest rate? This first bank is long thing compared to Axa mansard �

Yem0350:

Yes. FBN Edge
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Beeps:
Thank you. I have downloaded it. How can I check my account on PC Pls?. Also, where can I view the interest rate? This first bank is long thing compared to Axa mansard �

https://myportfolio.fbncapital.com/corp/AuthenticationController?__START_TRAN_FLAG__=Y&FORMSGROUP_ID__=AuthenticationFG&__EVENT_ID__=LOAD&FG_BUTTONS__=LOAD&ACTION.LOAD=Y&AuthenticationFG.LOGIN_FLAG=1&BANK_ID=FL1&LANGUAGE_ID=001

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by menthane(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello,
If you are in Abuja and wants to learn Forex( Largest financial market in the world) privately and make money on the Fx market. Contact me on 08064861360. I will give you e-books free some of which cost over $50 on eBay.
Thank you!
Re: Mutual Funds by michael18(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2019
Good day guys in the house. I did asked a quiz concerning FBN Heritage fund. If it is advisable for one to venture into it and to please give me a little review about it. Hope am not derailing the thread. Patiently waiting for your reply. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2019
michael18:
Good day guys in the house. I did asked a quiz concerning FBN Heritage fund. If it is advisable for one to venture into it and to please give me a little review about it. Hope am not derailing the thread. Patiently waiting for your reply. Thanks
Please I also asked this some weeks back but no response
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2019
chufor:
Hello, please how is FBN HERITAGE FUND as of recent?
Is it advisable to go with them?
PS I am looking for a good long term invest let say nothing less than 3 years
Thanks fam �
Please what is the inflation rate as of now? Are the interest from heritage fund taxed? Please Help a brother
Thanks fam
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
chufor:

Please I also asked this some weeks back but no response

The FBN Heritage Fund’s objective is to achieve superior returns over a long-term investment period. The fund is a multi-asset mutual fund suitable for investors with an appetite for earning greater rewards over a long-term period. The focus of this fund is therefore to invest in equities, bonds, money market instruments, realestate investments and other securities in the capital markets.

Although the FBN Heritage Fund has a medium risk profile, it typically offers high returns when compared to other mutual funds with a lower risk profile. The fund’s assets can be broadly broken down as follows:

• 20%-65% is invested in stocks

• 10%-25% is invested in bonds

• 10%-75% is invested in money market securities.
In summary, what it means is that FBN Heritage fund is a Mixed fund. ie the fund invests on equities money market instruments etc. What that means is that equity market has strong effect on the fund- negative or positive hence it's riskier compare to MMF. I actually started with them in 2007. There was a time the price fell to a little above N70 during the equity market crisis. So in a way there is element of equity in the fund. Just like any other mutual fund, the returns are not taxed. So if you are very risk adverse person to bother just go along with the MMF or TBills.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by xcitedjay(m): 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2019
BlackChief01:

I don't think Stocks is a good place for someone retiring soon to invest in. You can share your investments between MMF and TB for now and branch out to others as your money grows and you feel more confident.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2019
emmasoft:

The FBN Heritage Fund’s objective is to achieve superior returns over a lo.
Thanks sir but what is the current rate of Mmf and heritage fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2019
chufor:

Thanks sir but what is the current rate of Mmf and heritage fund?
From information on their website, MMF rate is 14.18% as 21st Feb 2019. Bid price for HF is N147.05 while offer price is N148.41 no rate displayed for HF
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2019
Thanks so much, sir please could you throw more light on that bid price and bid offer?
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.