Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (964344 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by whyniel: 12:19am On Oct 08, 2015
feelamong:

I will repeat this anywhere!! Mutual funds is for lazy investor!!

I can go to many banks now and get 12% on my N1M deposit.....it only takes me going to branches or seeking out account officers that have targets to meet!

If KGIF is 13% guaranteed then its no more like your usual mutual fund! I will always seek for better returns on my loose money and that is why I spend time reading on investments and also talking to bankers all the time.

why would anyone invest his hard earned money in a fund that will be earning him 6 - 8 % p.a

Sir, kindly help with the name of the bank and branch that offer such rate for fixed deposit.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 9:33am On Oct 08, 2015
whyniel:

Sir, kindly help with the name of the bank and branch that offer such rate for fixed deposit.

Thank you.

I have used Wema bank and Heritage bank on several occasions....

If you still have any issues...just hola me on feelamong@gmail.com
Re: Mutual Funds by sammily(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2015
I subscribed to both First Capital Money Market and Fixed Income Fund and was recently paid interest/yield on both and from my calculations, I got an interest of 13.55%pa on MMF and 11.34%pa on FIF. I like to know if others also got similar interest from First Capital and if its advisable going with the yield, to continue with the mutual fund.
Re: Mutual Funds by whyniel: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2015
feelamong:

I have used Wema bank and Heritage bank on several occasions....
If you still have any issues...just hola me on feelamong@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2015
sammily:
I subscribed to both First Capital Money Market and Fixed Income Fund and was recently paid interest/yield on both and from my calculations, I got an interest of 13.55%pa on MMF and 11.34%pa on FIF. I like to know if others also got similar interest from First Capital and if its advisable going with the yield, to continue with the mutual fund.

I think is depends on you but let me help you correct the calculation above.

FIF has declared dividend twice this year and by my calculation they are @ 14.3% (for the period Dec/Jan-Oct 2015). The fund paid the first dividend for the year in April and the second in October. So if by your calculation what you have received is around 11.34% then you may have bought into the fund later than I did and as such should not use the term pa. If I am right then i can tell you ~14% dividend payment and also an increase in the value of the fund is a good deal (i have not bothered to calculate the rise in value since they go up and down, but if i were to sell my holdings now, i will be making 16.85% on my initial investment)

N.B: Of course calculations will also depend on how much you paid for the fund when you bought in. I bought half of holdings in Dec and the remaining half in Jan and I have re-invested my April dividend

I hope this will help you make a decision.
Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
nonyowen:
Hi everyone.. wonderful work here, God bless u all. Please permit me to digress a little. There is this investment company that gives 10% ROI monthly. I was very skeptical at first so i decided to try them with a small amount (100k) and they have been paying my 10k monthly for 6 months now with a promise that my capital is available whenever i need within 1 week notice. They are not registered with the regulatory institutions except corporate affairs. Now i'm considering increasing to 500k my question is pls is it safe ?. What are your opinions on this kind of company? Do u pple have any experiences wit this. thank u pls respond
hello please what is this company's name and their minimum start up amount. . . .
Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
nonyowen:
ok well maybe this is one of those businesses. yes they lend the monies to individuals companies and sme's and collect 30% from them. i did some research b4 joining them and honestly i haven't regretted it thats why im finkin of increasing my investment bt i wnted to get general opinions first
Please I will need info on this company. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Mutual Funds by sammily(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
carpenter:

I think is depends on you but let me help you correct the calculation above.

FIF has declared dividend twice this year and by my calculation they are @ 14.3% (for the period Dec/Jan-Oct 2015). The fund paid the first dividend for the year in April and the second in October. So if by your calculation what you have received is around 11.34% then you may have bought into the fund later than I did and as such should not use the term pa. If I am right then i can tell you ~14% dividend payment and also an increase in the value of the fund is a good deal (i have not bothered to calculate the rise in value since they go up and down, but if i were to sell my holdings now, i will be making 16.85% on my initial investment)

N.B: Of course calculations will also depend on how much you paid for the fund when you bought in. I bought half of holdings in Dec and the remaining half in Jan and I have re-invested my April dividend

I hope this will help you make a decision.

Thanks Oga Carpenter, I may have been off with my calculations, will try it out again. please I would like you to enlighten me on some things on these mutual fund, I was informed that my principal is safe for the duration of the investment, that may seem correct for MMF since the price is constant at N100 but I notice that the price of the FIF fluctuates, if the price falls to say N0 tomorrow, will I loose just the yield or both yield and principal. shocked

Also, since TB rates are not looking encouraging lately, I may probably continue with it but which of the mutual fund (MMF of FIF) would you advise one invest more into for the mean time, my main consideration is low/zero risk investment.

Thank you again sir, will appreciate your response.

God bless...
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2015
sammily:

Thanks Oga Carpenter, I may have been off with my calculations, will try it out again. please I would like you to enlighten me on some things on these mutual fund, I was informed that my principal is safe for the duration of the investment, that may seem correct for MMF since the price is constant at N100 but I notice that the price of the FIF fluctuates, if the price falls to say N0 tomorrow, will I loose just the yield or both yield and principal. shocked

Also, since TB rates are not looking encouraging lately, I may probably continue with it but which of the mutual fund (MMF of FIF) would you advise one invest more into for the mean time, my main consideration is low/zero risk investment.

Thank you again sir, will appreciate your response.

God bless...

Nah..you may indeed be right also. I calculate based on how much i invested and how much i have gained theoretically. The fund manager will also calculate this differently...it depends on what time horizon we are looking at and hw much we paid for it. For clarity, someone that bought Transcorp at 11 naira is unhappy it is barely above 2naira, someone that bought at 50k in is overly happy with his investments.

The funds are classified based on what they invest in

1. MMF is like a savings account basically but with a better yield and the fund manager tries to maintain it at 100 Naira, dividend payment may flutter from time to time. It invests in stable instruments and the risk to your money is low.

Why invest? It has a low entry level (5K). The holding period is one month (if you withdraw before the end of one month, you pay a penalty).

2. FIF and HF have instruments whose nature are not stable in their composition which go up and down also hence the reason for the value fluctuating.

Why invest? You can make more money in FIF and HY than MMF hypothetically but you can also lose more...they are of medium risk to high risk. As you can see above in my earlier post, MMF would make 13-14% this year but FIF has already made 16.85% (my figure which includes dividend compounded) which is the positive side of the equation, we could also be on the negative side of it.

If you are looking for low risk and safety of principal then MMF is your best bet. However, if the rates of Bonds and TBills fall, be sure the effect will be felt in MMF also since that is what majority of the funds goes into. Think of MMF as you investing in Bonds and Tbills without the hassles of contacting your bank to buy these instruments on your behalf, ease of management and liquidation...of course you pay a price for all that (~1% goes into the fund manager's pocket). In my general scheme of things...it is a small price to pay for simplicity.

There is a saying that no one can time the market and i agree absolutely. You can get lucky once in a while but it is a losers game, HF and FIF tries to help you with that as against you picking stocks yourself...

The following might shed more light on the 3 funds from the fund manager's perspective

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-money-market-fund-fact-sheets/fbn-money-market-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-heritage-fund-fact-sheets/fbn-heritage-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-fixed-income-fund-fact-sheet/fbn-fixed-income-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

****addition****
Playing around the Fund Manager's site I saw this. You would agree even your MMF % is greater than what they have here due to how the calculations are done

http://www.fbncapital.com/asset-management/fund-prices
Re: Mutual Funds by RFella(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2015
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=120352......this is real! Try it out and see!
Re: Mutual Funds by ednut1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
RFella:
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=120352......this is real! Try it out and see!
get a life. Its fake
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
LordCY:

hello please what is this company's name and their minimum start up amount. . . .
The company is called PARTNER WITH US i think the minimus is 10k
Re: Mutual Funds by uceo: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
We are an investment company based in Nigeria, certified to trade in Nigeria. we run an investment program for any person interested in long ter business and business backed by law. we give 7% interest as profit on any amount invested. you can visit our office or our website www.pennywysse.com or email me at sir.uceo@gmail.com for more info.
Re: Mutual Funds by sammily(m): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
carpenter:

Nah..you may indeed be right also. I calculate based on how much i invested and how much i have gained theoretically. The fund manager will also calculate this differently...it depends on what time horizon we are looking at and hw much we paid for it. For clarity, someone that bought Transcorp at 11 naira is unhappy it is barely above 2naira, someone that bought at 50k in is overly happy with his investments.

The funds are classified based on what they invest in

1. MMF is like a savings account basically but with a better yield and the fund manager tries to maintain it at 100 Naira, dividend payment may flutter from time to time. It invests in stable instruments and the risk to your money is low.

Why invest? It has a low entry level (5K). The holding period is one month (if you withdraw before the end of one month, you pay a penalty).

2. FIF and HF have instruments whose nature are not stable in their composition which go up and down also hence the reason for the value fluctuating.

Why invest? You can make more money in FIF and HY than MMF hypothetically but you can also lose more...they are of medium risk to high risk. As you can see above in my earlier post, MMF would make 13-14% this year but FIF has already made 16.85% (my figure which includes dividend compounded) which is the positive side of the equation, we could also be on the negative side of it.

If you are looking for low risk and safety of principal then MMF is your best bet. However, if the rates of Bonds and TBills fall, be sure the effect will be felt in MMF also since that is what majority of the funds goes into. Think of MMF as you investing in Bonds and Tbills without the hassles of contacting your bank to buy these instruments on your behalf, ease of management and liquidation...of course you pay a price for all that (~1% goes into the fund manager's pocket). In my general scheme of things...it is a small price to pay for simplicity.

There is a saying that no one can time the market and i agree absolutely. You can get lucky once in a while but it is a losers game, HF and FIF tries to help you with that as against you picking stocks yourself...

The following might shed more light on the 3 funds from the fund manager's perspective

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-money-market-fund-fact-sheets/fbn-money-market-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-heritage-fund-fact-sheets/fbn-heritage-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://www.fbncapital.com/docs/default-source/fbn-fixed-income-fund-fact-sheet/fbn-fixed-income-fund-factsheet---august-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

****addition****
Playing around the Fund Manager's site I saw this. You would agree even your MMF % is greater than what they have here due to how the calculations are done

http://www.fbncapital.com/asset-management/fund-prices

Appreciates....

Re: Mutual Funds by Ogborokiri(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2015
can someone past the link to stanbic mutual fund I want to check them out
Re: Mutual Funds by LordCY(m): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2015
nonyowen:
The company is called PARTNER WITH US i think the minimus is 10k
please can I have their website so that I check up on them.
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
pls my ogas in d house
I will soon go for nysc by dis month ending.
and I intend to save a significant part of my allawee every month.
wch investment plan would u advise that I go into?
thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
kaze4blues:
pls my ogas in d house

thanks

FBN MMF is what you need
Re: Mutual Funds by nonyowen: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
LordCY:

please can I have their website so that I check up on them.
i believe its partner wit us.com...jst google that if its not it will lead u to d rite thing
Re: Mutual Funds by kaze4blues(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2015
ernie4life:

FBN MMF is what you need
thanks very much sir
Re: Mutual Funds by lynkyinka(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2015
Hello Carpenter,

nice Job here
can you assist with an FBN capital invesstment manager I can speak to with view to considering an MMF.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello lynkyinka, contact Mr Adedayo on 08141326202, he's one of their relationship managers.
He will put you through on how to register, investment rates and all you need to know about MMF.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2015
YOUR INVESTMENT IS MORE SECURED WITH EQUATOR CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED; they are a composite financial service provider in Nigeria with over 10years experience within the industry. Duly regulated by CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria), licensed by SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) and registered with NSE (Nigeria Stock Exchange) as a dealing member.
They usually give a return of 15% p.a on 1million deposit, even more than that depending on your negotiation prowess as a prospective client. Their tenor ranges between 30,60, 90, 180 and 365days. You can terminate your account at any time with your full principal and your accumulated interest been returned to you; and you can also decide to roll over at maturity or restructure another investment plan. The account opening fee is FREE!!! There are other products and services which can be of benefits to you all. You can call or mail one of their Relationship officer for a comprehensive breakdown of investment products or to even invite them for a LOWRISK/HIGH YIELD INVESTMENT PRESENTATION anywhere within Lagos, Abuja, Yenagoa, Owerri, Aba and Porthacourt; they will SURELY honour your invitation.

Relationship officer: Oluwatobi O. Sowale
Email: osowale@equatorcapitalng.com
Mobile: +2348086950295

For more information you can visit their website www.equatorcapitalng.com

Or come down to their Head office @
Plot 154, Prince Ade Odedina Street ,
Off Ajose Adeogun Street,
P. O. Box 70150
Victoria Island, Lagos State
Tel: +234-1-2715250, 2715251, 2715253

PLEASE: Beware of PONZI SCAMS; do not do business with any financial institution that is not registered and licensed by the required financial institution.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
You can also try EQUATOR CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED. Send a mail to osowale@equatorcapitalng.com or call Tobi on 08086950295 for a comprehensive breakdown of their Money market/treasury products. They give more than 14%pa on 1million investment. It all depends on your power of negotiation with the Account officer that will be assigned to you.
whyniel:

Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
kaze4blues:
pls my ogas in d house

thanks

All you need is an EQUATOR PURPOSE ACCOUNT
Equator Purpose Account [EPA]
This provides you with a target savings programme that enables you to plan and save towards a project, holiday, marriage, education, household equipment acquisition, festival etc. Open an account with only 10% of the estimated cost of the project and a regular deposit of fixed amount over the period, Equator Capital guarantees you a return of 12% of target amount. WHT is applied.
Send a mail to osowale@equatorcapitalng.com or call Oluwatobi on 08086950295

You can also visit EquatorCapital Lagos Branch/HeadOffice @
Plot 154, Prince Ade Odedina Street ,
Off Ajose Adeogun Street,
P. O. Box 70150
Victoria Island, Lagos State
Tel: +234-1-2715250, 2715251
Re: Mutual Funds by lynkyinka(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
sophie11:
Hello lynkyinka, contact Mr Adedayo on 08141326202, he's one of their relationship managers.
He will put you through on how to register, investment rates and all you need to know about MMF.

@Sophie

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
happy weekend ppl, in this era of near economic crunch, how safe is an investment in the Mutual Fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
yak:
happy weekend ppl, in this era of near economic crunch, how safe is an investment in the Mutual Fund?

depending on the asset classification of the funds, if it's in money market then you have nothing to fear
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
ernie4life:

depending on the asset classification of the funds, if it's in money market then you have nothing to fear

ofcos its d fbn mmf
Re: Mutual Funds by teemy(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
nonyowen:
thanks for ur opinion i will ask for my capital bak by months end. Altho they have never faulted in paying my 10% into my acc every month since i joined
Hi, any updates on your withdrawal?
Re: Mutual Funds by Kennybiz27(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
I got so interested in the topic.
My advice is just use it as a saving account u don't want to access and place standing order every month.
If u don't have time like me, use ARM the have the best online platform.
Greetings

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.