Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956758 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by IyawoToBe(f): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
faoogoke:
I just opened a Money Market Fund and Stock Trading account with United Capital

The process was smooth in that you must submit all required document and you dont need to step into their office to do all that.

I did it all online

My account dash board is impressive.

The rates are displayed for each of the products. I can make all kind of requests

I am impressed. I hope I will continue to be impressed.
What is their current daily rate?
Re: Mutual Funds by Ibrahim505(m): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
faoogoke:
I just opened a Money Market Fund and Stock Trading account with United Capital

The process was smooth in that you must submit all required document and you dont need to step into their office to do all that.

I did it all online

My account dash board is impressive.

The rates are displayed for each of the products. I can make all kind of requests

I am impressed. I hope I will continue to be impressed.
investment now?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
IyawoToBe:
What is their current daily rate?

Re: Mutual Funds by singletech(m): 6:47am On Jan 14, 2020
Does it mean this MMF will continue failing like this... I thought it was ember months that was the issue last year, but it keeps failing... Does anyone has explanation to this falling
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2020
singletech:
Does it mean this MMF will continue failing like this... I thought it was ember months that was the issue last year, but it keeps failing... Does anyone has explanation to this falling

Money market funds are Invested in Treasury Bills, commercial papers, fixed deposit and other money market instruments, so you should expect a fall in their yields.

But some few fund managers now lend money to their clients at 20%, this will help those ones to have a yield of 10% or more

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by civilserva: 7:32am On Jan 14, 2020
I use FBNquest, ARM and IBTC.
ARM and StanbicIBTC are the best in terms of customer service , account top up and redemption. ARM is the best in terms of yield.
I will close FBNQUEST account this month.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by singletech(m): 7:33am On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Money market funds are Invested in Treasury Bills, commercial papers, fixed deposit and other money market instruments, so you should expect a fall in their yields.

But some few fund managers now lend money to their clients at 20%, this will help those ones to have a yield of 10% or more
Example of the fund managers please
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:45am On Jan 14, 2020
singletech:

Example of the fund managers please

Carry out your research and shop for rates
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2020
civilserva:
ARM and StanbicIBTC are the best in terms of customer service , account top up and redemption. ARM is the best in terms of yield.
I also had some issue with them recently but, truth be told, they are all the same. I'll advise you just concentrate on the other two you stated above, but there is no need to close the account because it might be useful again someday. FBNQuest sill remains one of the best in the business!
Re: Mutual Funds by alex81(m): 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
singletech:
my MMF is still 13% interest pa
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
I did a top-up to my stanbic Ibtc mutual fund, and it reflected twice. I've sent them a mail in which they acknowledged but have failed to reverse the transaction.

Now I'm seeing my money rise cry cry knowing fully well that when the transaction is reversed, most of the earnings will disappear with it.

Very hurtful

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
alex81:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked who else doubt this?

10 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by faoogoke(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
civilserva:

I want to try out with United Capital first. If they are better than FBNQuest like I am seeing, I will seriously reduce me exposure at FBNQuest.

I have always expected FBNQuest to behave like their mother First Bank and I am not surprised.

So when FBNQuest got high rating here I began to wonder until I opened an account with them. I want to wait till the end of the quarter to

pass my final assessment.
Re: Mutual Funds by odontoid1: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
coolangel54:
The rate at which MMF interest is dropping baffles me and I had a second thought... Digital agriculture. Did my investigation online via a thread on nairaland designed specifically for it and oh yes, I have diversified. I can't come and kill myself this 2020 as I want everywhere to stew for me.
[/b]Please, check my signature for my referral code to register with Farm Funds Africa[b].

I hope this is not another form of MMM in disguise. I checked their site out and saw the design like MMM. For instance, you sponsor a farm(more like providing help), you wait for a period of time during which the sponsored farm grows(similar to mavro of MMM growing), then the interest with the capital is paid(just like GHing). After which you recycle or walk away. There is also a referral bonus. I spoke with one of the agents and demanded that I see the farm before I can sponsor but he said because of security reasons, they don't show sponsors the farm. This makes me wonder if they really have a farm somewhere or not.

Please does anyone have more information about the Farm Funds Africa and similar platforms? Do they really have farm somewhere? If yes has anyone seen those farms in existence?

Kindly enlighten me more. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=odontoid1 post=85789025]

I spoke with one of the agents and demanded that I see the farm before I can sponsor but he said because of security reasons, they don't show sponsors the farm.

The bolded sounds very fishy as other agritech firms provide farm updates regularly

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
odontoid1:

I hope this is not another form of MMM in disguise. I checked their site out and saw the design like MMM. For instance, you sponsor a farm(more like providing help), you wait for a period of time during which the sponsored farm grows(similar to mavro of MMM growing), then the interest with the capital is paid(just like GHing). After which you recycle or walk away. There is also a referral bonus. I spoke with one of the agents and demanded that I see the farm before I can sponsor but he said because of security reasons, they don't show sponsors the farm. This makes me wonder if they really have a farm somewhere or not.

Please does anyone have more information about the Farm Funds Africa and similar platforms? Do they really have farm somewhere? If yes has anyone seen those farms in existence?

Kindly enlighten me more. Thank you

Could be audio Farm grin grin grin grin grin
Warren Buffett once said
He called this progression the “three I’s.” First come the innovators, who see opportunities that others don’t. Then come the imitators, who copy what the innovators have done. And then come the idiots, whose avarice undoes the very innovations they are trying to use to get rich.

Be careful where you put your hard earned money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by civilserva: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
ernie4life:

Could be audio Farm grin grin grin grin grin
Warren Buffett once said
He called this progression the “three I’s.” First come the innovators, who see opportunities that others don’t. Then come the imitators, who copy what the innovators have done. And then come the idiots, whose avarice undoes the very innovations they are trying to use to get rich.

Be careful where you put your hard earned money

This answers it
Re: Mutual Funds by singletech(m): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
alex81:
Hmmm MMF manager is that?
Re: Mutual Funds by civilserva: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
To investors of MMF
1.Rate is low but your money is secured, so do not follow the bandwagon to invest in products where your principal is not even guaranteed. The low rate can still be reversed in the future.

2. Beware of Digital agriculture, their rates are good but you don't even know the characters behind the scheme. Absence of proper regulations ensure the proliferation of many schemes geared towards fleecing the unsuspecting investors. Few could have good intentions and founded on strong business principles, your part is to carryout due diligence.

3. Is stock market for you? Stock is good if only you can thread on the dangerous water of the market. Do not jump into based on the present uprise of the stock prices, the gain can reverse within short time. Trade on stocks with sound knowledge. The entry point price matters alot. For novice in stock trading, enter when the prices are relatively low and buy only stocks with strong fundamental with annual dividend payouts. Do not become cheap meat for Big dogs.

20 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by janeyjoys: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
Can one get the daily rates for Stanbic ibtc for the numerous funds they run?
Nigsrdumb:

Re: Mutual Funds by iaatmguy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
faoogoke:

I want to try out with United Capital first. If they are better than FBNQuest like I am seeing, I will seriously reduce me exposure at FBNQuest.

I have always expected FBNQuest to behave like their mother First Bank and I am not surprised.

So when FBNQuest got high rating here I began to wonder until I opened an account with them. I want to wait till the end of the quarter to

pass my final assessment.
seriously considering this. FBNQUEST is now lagging, with shitty customer care and epileptic profit remittance

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by iaatmguy(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
who else is noticing that FBNQUEST didn't remit any profit into his/her investing account? i have checked several times today.

na wao
Re: Mutual Funds by olystic: 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
Everybody check stanbic has started deduction of interest. Let query them.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
olystic:
Re: Mutual Funds by netzro(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please what is this interest on the stanbic app?

Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
I just checked mine & everything is intact
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
olystic:
My account was overfunded initially, but everything is back to normal now

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by iaatmguy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
iaatmguy:
fbnquest's rate for yesterday is 7.9%, very discouraging
and the rate keeps coming down. after it took them forever to remit the profit. rate is now 7.5%
Re: Mutual Funds by folushorex(f): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Sterling Assets Mgt. Is another good one, to place ur fund . I HV been investing with them for a while now, I HV no complains,with good rate, entry & exit anytime i.e i top up & collect my funds, with no issues. They are offering good rate even at the moment. You can call my contact person, to ask for more info. 08023654347

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Damitimo: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2020
iaatmguy:
and the rate keeps coming down. after it took them forever to remit the profit. rate is now 7.5%

Please how do you check the daily interest?
Re: Mutual Funds by faoogoke(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2020
I really don't understand FBNQuest at all.

They did not credit me with accrued interest for about two days and when they did, I checked about an hour later, the amount had reduced.

How do one explain this?
Re: Mutual Funds by qizick: 10:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Please is this how u get ur interest in stanbic? I don't get mine daily

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.