Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (964168 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by codeME: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
kryptem:

If you have followed the discussion on this thread so far, varied number of Mutual Fund Operators have been mentioned such as ARM, STANBIC MMF, Investment One, FBN Quest etc. You can make your choice among the many and be doing the monthly commitment.... Go the MMF way and make a choice that meets your investment goals.
Note that you can get the emails of these investment houses and make your direct and specific enquries as regards their modus operandi.
thanks, i am really grateful.
Re: Mutual Funds by codeME: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
emmasoft:

Abacus money market fund managed by investment one will be of help on your investment goal. Check my signature for link to open account online and my contact number for any further enquiry
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by richforever123: 2:49am On Jan 27, 2020
emmasoft:

In addition to @emmanuelewumi if you think 3 to 5years looks far too long, you can also look at d way of VGIF manage by investment one going by the nature and operations of fund it fits well to your risk appetite. The capital is guaranteed with a 8.5% rate bench marked with SDF rate that is also guaranteed + 35% of the funds net profit which varies base on profit By picking the option to reinvest you will achieve your goal. You can also cash out anytime after the first 6 months or hold as long as you wish. In summary I advice go for Bond long term or VGIF medium with reinvest option.

I though VGIF was around 11%, has it dropped?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
DaniellaDokubo:
@emmanuelewumi and @emmasoft

Please when was the last time interest rates dropped this low?

Secondly, my company had a financial strategy session last week where Mr Bismarck Rewane was invited to speak and he mentioned in passing that the rates are expected to be back up sometime mid year. Do you agree with this or do you have other information regarding when rates will bounce back.

Thirdly a friend who is a former Finance controller mentioned that the rates are typical of a post election year, how true or valid is this position?

Any other contribution from any one is also highly welcome. By the way I don't like the interest I am getting on my 9.6m in FBN quest it's really discouraging and not what I bargained for...lol

Towards the end of 2015 to 2016 rates were not smiling at all.
Mr Rawane could be very correct because he may have insider information. However, financial markets normally will react to the economic realities of a country at a particular time. If all economic indices are the same as it’s now even mid-year or beyond nothing will happen.
Analyst will always predict but most of the outcomes will be determine by the direction of the government and its policies.
Why are rates low because the government is trying not to borrow locally and also wanting to make the real sector work, the government is boasting liquidity. However, with the rate of inflation increasing they may have a rethink which they are already trying to do with the current cash reserve ratio (CRR) that was moved up to mopped up excess liquidity.
Well what your friend said is not a global phenomenon but Nigeria being the type of country our economy behavior is sometimes very unusual. There may be some element of truth going by what happened in 2016 after the election, but then the whole scenario of rates is determined by so many things not just a single action. Even mere rumor can do much harm or good.
In all, if your can have a dollar dominated investment at this time that will be the best deal. Otherwise just manage the rate as you see it for now. But be sure rates will look up again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
richforever123:

I though VGIF was around 11%, has it dropped?

Yes it's. The 8.5% is the bench mark with the SDF which is guaranteed ie it can't be less. The extra depends on the profit of the fund. The good news is that there is always extra profit from the fund yearly which is always added to the bench mark.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Shallypop(f): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
civilserva:
I use FBNquest, ARM and IBTC.
ARM and StanbicIBTC are the best in terms of customer service , account top up and redemption. ARM is the best in terms of yield.
I will close FBNQUEST account this month.
Hi! Pls I'm about to put my funds in FBNquest. I was at their office today. Any reason as to why you want to close the account? Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
Don’t defer your plans to invest. Things have always been hard. Ask those who have been around in the past 6 or 7 decades they will tell you that It’s common to hear people say “things are hard”. Don’t let your income status stop you from investing.
There's a popular Chinese proverb that says: “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
So folks, The best time to invest was 20 years ago or when rates were very high the next best time is today no matter what the rates are.

11 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
HumbleVictor:
Dear Investor, your e-account number is 1345164651. Please proceed to make payment stating your e-account number as reference Regards.
Please what do I do next??
How long did it take u to receive this msg from them
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mup4life:
pls does stanbic ibtc MMF give interest on weekends? i just noticed dat my funds don't grow on weekends.

I need ur help, how do I invest in stanbic mutual fund, I av 20k to invest
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
Investnow2017:

Yes, u get credited on mondays.

Pls can i have ur attention sir concerning mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Pls help me.. I have like 20k idle in my account for about one month... Today the idea of mutual fund just struck my mind..

I am considering stanbic ibtc mutual fund

Pls can i invest 20k?

Like how much interest will be paid on 20 K?

Is interest paid weekly or monthly?

Ur answers will be appreciated
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
civilserva:
I use FBNquest, ARM and IBTC.
ARM and StanbicIBTC are the best in terms of customer service , account top up and redemption. ARM is the best in terms of yield.
I will close FBNQUEST account this month.

Pls i need ur help.. Sir.. Concerning ibtc mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
skyangel:

Those figures are part of your interest being reinvested not necessarily your interest.
It is done weekly or thereabouts

To get your interest, take your available balance each day and deduct previous day's balance

Can i Pls talk to u about ibtc mutual funds
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
hollerbaby:
In this hard interest rate times, little interest is better than losing all of ones capital due to wrong choice and greed . The funny part is that fraudulent people are ready to take advantage of this panic period to milk people dry of their hard earned investment savings. I agree, my risk appetite is small. Abo oro ............

Can we talk off nairaland Pls
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Can we talk off nairaland Pls

Go ahead my contact is on my signature
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

I need ur help, how do I invest in stanbic mutual fund, I av 20k to invest

They give interest on weekends but will reflect on the next business day in this case Mondays.
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Can i Pls talk to u about ibtc mutual funds

You can say it here & I'm sure others can benefit or contribute from/to your statement
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
skyangel:

You can say it here & I'm sure others can benefit or contribute from/to your statement

I just wana no how to do it Cox I'm interested

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Ikjosh04: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Quite easy, walk into a stanbic branch close to you and let them know you want to invest in mmf. You'll be given a form to fill to open an mmf account, kindly go with the necessary documents you used to open the savings account you're currently using. Documents like, passport, NEPA bill e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Quite easy, walk into a stanbic branch close to you and let them know you want to invest in mmf. You'll be given a form to fill to open an mmf account, kindly go with the necessary documents you used to open the savings account you're currently using. Documents like, passport, NEPA bill e.t.c.

Thanks, Pls, the interest.. Is it paid weekly or monthly
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Alright.

Ikjosh04:

I' m sure this has answered your question.
That was what I did when I opened mine though I learnt you can equally open the account after downloading the mobile app, by selecting "open an instant account" I never used that option
Re: Mutual Funds by skyangel(f): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Thanks, Pls, the interest.. Is it paid weekly or monthly

Your interest is calculated daily but based on the option you selected while filling the form, they either reinvest it (adding it back to your capital) or pay it into your bank account quarterly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Princesskiki(f): 11:04am On Jan 30, 2020
Hi all, please what's the best investment plan for 6.5m.
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:04am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Princesskiki:
Hi all, please what's the best investment plan for 6.5m.
Thanks

Some factors that determine where you put your money:

Risk appetite: Most cases the higher the risk the higher the returns
Investment objective: what you intend to achieve could be immediate or futuristic
Experience and knowledge: in most cases determines your success or failure
Age: Most cases it’s advised to do less risky investment when getting older and vice versa.
Funds available for investment: This most times determine the type/form of investment you can do
Investment duration: Most cases the longer the higher the profit
Don’t forget there are always exceptions to the norms.

Forms of investment:
Real estates
Stocks
Mutual funds
Treasury bills
Bonds
Commercial papers
Bank deposits
Business
Training
NB: The primary aim of investment is to make profit. However, some of the factors and types of investment as stated above now determines the level of your profit/returns

In investment, beware of Greed and Fear.
Fear will stop you from making the money you ought to make
While greed will cause you to lose the money you already made.
Remember to always check my signature for online account opening for any form of mutual funds, stocks etc with investment one.

7 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by deleson: 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Read the post again!

Shallypop:
Hi! Pls I'm about to put my funds in FBNquest. I was at their office today. Any reason as to why you want to close the account? Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
y this place dry...... any latest information
Re: Mutual Funds by gabby18: 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
Please does anyone know what the current Stanbic MMF rate is
Thanks..
Re: Mutual Funds by dejiotus: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
gabby18:
Please does anyone know what the current Stanbic MMF rate is
Thanks..
About 6.66% if I am not mistaken

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by gabby18: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
dejiotus:

About 6.66% if I am not mistaken

Thanks!
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Saving and Investment is a journey not a destination
You can change strategy but don't stop saving/investment.
If you had saved 100 each day in January as at Friday you will have N3,100
and with as little as N1,000 you can invest in Abacus money market fund and compound your funds (capital and interest)
check my signature to start.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2020
emmasoft:
Saving and Investment is a journey not a destination
You can change strategy but don't stop saving/investment.
If you had saved 100 each day in January as at Friday you will have N3,100
and with as little as N1,000 you can invest in Abacus money market fund and compound your funds (capital and interest)
check my signature to start.

Needs more clearity

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.