Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,082 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (964115 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by FemiSolar(f): 6:02am On Jul 10, 2020
reservd:

Better make direct transfer

Please can you help verify the account or is there anyone that has done such here who can share the account he or she paid into? just to compare. I got the lady's number on their website though.
Re: Mutual Funds by FemiSolar(f): 6:05am On Jul 10, 2020
Ehuatamuigunisi:

How can an organisation debit your account without you initiating the transfer? Confirm the account number given and make sure it is not individual account. Send email to the official address to confirm the account.

I use first bank and I just felt since it's FBN Quest which is owned by first bank, there will just be some kind of understanding.
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2020
FemiSolar:

Please can you help verify the account or is there anyone that has done such here who can share the account he or she paid into? just to compare. I got the lady's number on their website though.
Fbn/investment-one
Firstbank
Re: Mutual Funds by FemiSolar(f): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
reservd:

Fbn/investment-one
Firstbank

It's the same as what she sent. Thank you very much.
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
reservd:

FemiSolar:
Hello house,

I want to invest in MMF through FBN Quest, but the lady says everything is online. She sent me a form to fill and account number to pay into. Pls is this safe? I would have preferred if they debited me without me having to transfer it. Can anyone help verify FBN QUEST account?

THANKS.
@reservd Yes, transfer is better and that is what I usually do, but then read Femi question/post again if he/she is filling a form sent to him it's obvious he has not yet gotten an account with FBNQUEST so if he does a transfer now, what will he write in the narration? Again he said he will prefer a way other than transfer in that case what other way/option does he have aside using the app??
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Boyhood:

@reservd Yes, transfer is better and that is what I usually do, but then read Femi question/post again if he/she is filling a form sent to him it's obvious he has not yet gotten an account with FBNQUEST so if he does a transfer now, what will he write in the narration? Again he said he will prefer a way other than transfer in that case what other way/option does he have aside using the app??
He should register first and get a customer ID number, I'm not sure if payment from the app has started working again but he was given an acct no,so obviously transfer or deposit is expected
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:08am On Jul 11, 2020
A word for the Newbies START WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHERE YOU ARE
Investing is better done on a gradual note. There are many investment opportunities, trying to explore all at the same time with little resources may not yield the necessary positive effect.
It’s good to diversify and have different investment windows but wanting to have all at once will slow you down and will not allow you to start. If you have little. Why not start with mutual funds and grow gradually, with time you add stocks, bonds, dollar dominated investments, real estate, foreign stocks etc. Most newbies in the quest to invest in all windows end up not investing because you keep seeing reasons while certain investment is better than others. Real estate for instance is a very good investment but why waste time trying to do real estate when you have just some few hundreds of thousands which you can easily grow with mutual funds and stock investment. Just start somewhere. If there is willingness and focus to invest you will get to your dreams. Reading investment books is good but if you don’t practice even the simplest principles in those books it’s same as the person not reading at all.
Start with what you have and where you are!

7 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by westbuoy: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2020
I don’t understand this Stanbic Mutual funds anymore .. seems like the more you do additional subscription the more your interest reduces. I will try as much as I can to monitor them closely this forth coming week and see if I would liquidate to another platform. Although I opted for the compound interest but seems like I choose it wrong. I don’t get to see the interest daily .. they accumulate 2 to 3 days and pay you peanuts 1200- 1800 interest on investment with capital below 8m .
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
westbuoy:
I don’t understand this Stanbic Mutual funds anymore .. seems like the more you do additional subscription the more your interest reduces. I will try as much as I can to monitor them closely this forth coming week and see if I would liquidate to another platform. Although I opted for the compound interest but seems like I choose it wrong. I don’t get to see the interest daily .. they accumulate 2 to 3 days and pay you peanuts 1200- 1800 interest on investment with capital below 8m .

@westbuoy reasons for low interest rate on mmf is not peculiar to stanbic though some firms has theirs slightly higher but it's in same region. Rates are down generally because Tbills rate has crashed and about 70 to 75% of the underlying assets of all mmf irrespective of the firm is invested in Tbills. Hence your experience.

You can diversify within the fixed income investment windows.
VGIF managed by investment one can be a good option because it's a mutual fund in the fixed income category. The rate is not daily valued but benchmarked with SDF of the CBN currently at 7.5%. So if you don't mind you can have your mmf with stanbic as short term and VGIF for long term. Of course when rate improves you can reshuffle your investment. Generally low risk investment gives low returns. In addition, the current economic status of the country is also a contributory factor to the low rate regime. Normally what happens in investment space is a reflection of a country's economy stability and strength. You can't give what you don't have.

For more on VGIF check my signature for my contact.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Desanta(m): 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
@emmasoft.
I have a MMF account with investment one but I want to open a VGIF account. How do I go about it.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
Desanta:
@emmasoft.
I have a MMF account with investment one but I want to open a VGIF account. How do I go about it.

Simple, Just click the link on my signature and complete the form online. As you click the link this time, pick VGIF among the products displayed. I will advice you to add stockbroking in case you have plan to invest in shares in the future you will not need to fill the form again.
The way it works is that an investor can decide to open more than one product account at a go otherwise you have to be filling the form each time you want to invest in any of the product.

N.B: you don't need cash to open any of the product account and the accounts can be funded at a future date when money is ready. Product accounts don't go dormant
My phone number is also on my signature you can call or chat.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Desanta(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
emmasoft:

Simple, Just click the link on my signature and complete the form online. As you click the link this time, pick VGIF among the products displayed. I will advice you to add stockbroking in case you have plan to invest in shares in the future you will not need to fill the form again.
The way it works is that an investor can decide to open more than one product account at a go otherwise you have to be filling the form each time you want to invest in any of the product.

N.B: you don't need cash to open any of the product account and the accounts can be funded at a future date when money is ready. Product accounts don't go dormant

Done.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Desanta:

Done.

Good. The account details will be sent tomorrow
Re: Mutual Funds by shyfulanigirl: 1:57am On Jul 14, 2020
hello,anyone here into Lotus Capital Fixed income Fund, what is the experience like?
Re: Mutual Funds by hias2012(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
Deleted
Re: Mutual Funds by nobsalis: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
emmasoft:
A word for the Newbies START WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHERE YOU ARE
Investing is better done on a gradual note. There are many investment opportunities, trying to explore all at the same time with little resources may not yield the necessary positive effect.
It’s good to diversify and have different investment windows but wanting to have all at once will slow you down and will not allow you to start. If you have little. Why not start with mutual funds and grow gradually, with time you add stocks, bonds, dollar dominated investments, real estate, foreign stocks etc. Most newbies in the quest to invest in all windows end up not investing because you keep seeing reasons while certain investment is better than others. Real estate for instance is a very good investment but why waste time trying to do real estate when you have just some few hundreds of thousands which you can easily grow with mutual funds and stock investment. Just start somewhere. If there is willingness and focus to invest you will get to your dreams. Reading investment books is good but if you don’t practice even the simplest principles in those books it’s same as the person not reading at all.
Start with what you have and where you are!

I want to do mutual fund investment. But I knw nothing about it. Can u help me out with a little Intel on how it works pls�
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
nobsalis:

I want to do mutual fund investment. But I knw nothing about it. Can u help me out with a little Intel on how it works pls�

To avoid ban, I can't do a repost of details on mutual fund.
You can read my earlier posts about VGIF on this thread.
Alternatively check my signature for my phone number to call/chat or PM. I will reply.
Re: Mutual Funds by nobsalis: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
emmasoft:

To avoid ban, I can't do a repost of details on mutual fund.
You can read my earlier posts about VGIF on this thread.
Alternatively check my signature for my phone number to call/chat or PM. I will reply.

Check your WhatsApp pls
Re: Mutual Funds by vegasleo(f): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
For more information call:
Stephanie

TRUSTBANC GROUP.

Re: Mutual Funds by Manwarrior55: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manwarrior55:

Does investment one have an app for tracking the VGIF and for trading stocks with ease?

Yes. You can track and trade on d web or app. After u register with the link on my signature,
You can set it up with your account details.
Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I think this belief about loans is only predominant in Nigeria.
All over the world, people go for loans when they need them.
The most important thing is what the money is to be used for.
There's nothing wrong with taking loans, as long as it's properly invested or solves a problem.

How many of these "all over the world" countries have interest rates averaging 20% and as high as 33%? Nigerian loans add more problem to your problem, avoid it if you can.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
athorello:

Like Dangote do save to invest, right?
See, if you see a venture, business or investment opportunity that can guarantee you a good ROI well above the loan rates, better go for it. A loan gives you the opportunity to invest zero naira in the actual sense and still make profit. Think about it. �

Yes, Dangote saved to invest. And now he can work in to any bank and get a loan at a much more godly rate that you eould. Or do you think Dangote gets his loan at same interest rate as you?
You can't predict ROI for any venture with every degree of certainty, so there's no such venture that can guarantee high ROI.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
seyisanya:

What has Dangote got to do with this? Yes, wise people save to invest! Dangote is a business mogul, he sources for funds for business expansion through the capital market, bonds, commercial paper etc.

The emboldened in this clime? Nope! What happens if the business fails at inception? Nothing is guaranteed in the business/investment world. Rather, start the business/venture with your funds(or borrow from family members) and when it becomes profitable you can then approach a financial institution for a loan. What you stated is the reason most young start-ups get burnt in the business world.

In summary, start small with your own funds. When the business becomes promising, get a loan to expand!

Exactly my thoughts. I should have read a little further before posting.
Re: Mutual Funds by tenderjunkie: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
emmasoft:

I don't have any prior account with investment one. Is this applicable to me as well?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
tenderjunkie:

I don't have any prior account with investment one. Is this applicable to me as well?

Yes. It's the same process for both new and existing clients. Click the link and complete the form.
You will be required to upload your kyc documents ( passport photo, ID card, utility bill and your signature) at the last page of the form so get them ready on your phone or computer before you click. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
westbuoy:
The bitter truth is that the financial sector is almost completely down. Until May I used to receive some interest on my savings with First bank, but last month June not even 1% interest was paid. I even heard that some that did fixed deposit were denied their interest. The banks right now have soooooo much cash on hand but no investment interest is coming for it. The TBills are completely down too. My friend with almost N7m with Stanbic mutual got paltry N1,700 per week or so. He was feeling the same way you are feeling now. Have you heard no fewer than 250m jobs are going worldwide. The global economy is heading towards a depression due to this pandemic, and it is not easing! Only divine intervention now!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Mfunkynation(m): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2020
emmasoft:

Yes. It's the same process for both new and existing clients. Click the link and complete the form.
You will be required to upload your kyc documents ( passport photo, ID card, utility bill and your signature) at the last page of the form so get them ready on your phone or computer before you click. Thank you.

the last page on the website has refused to submit my application with the documents uploaded
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:02am On Jul 21, 2020
Mfunkynation:

the last page on the website has refused to submit my application with the documents uploaded

That should be network issues. I just registered an account few minutes ago it submitted successfully. When the network is not strong upload is difficult.
Suggestions:
1. you can try it again, by starting afresh
2. reduce the sizes of your documents if you have the means
3. Save and continue later, provide your email and the link with which you can continue later will be sent to you.
4. If you don't mind, you can send those kyc documents to me I will help you reduced them and send back to you for upload. check my signature for my phone number or PM me.
Re: Mutual Funds by NothingLikeLove(f): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2020
reservd:

Please how do I make direct transfer with stanbic ibtc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.