Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959651 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Kennyking1234: 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
am planing on buying mutual funds using cowryrise please can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages?
Re: Mutual Funds by obamma: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
ernie4life:

Your assertions may be true but definitely should not apply to VGIF because unlike Money market funds that runs a 3 months cycle, VGIF runs a 6 months cycle, so last quarter should not affect the returns display on your dash board but lets wait till he is paid, however Investment one is a big firm, i know this is just an operational issue and rare.

I have not been paid and tomorrow will make it one week I filled redemption form and sent to them which they acknowledged.
Re: Mutual Funds by drotba(m): 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
obamma:

I have not been paid and tomorrow will make it one week I filled redemption form and sent to them which they acknowledged.

Seriously!
That is not nice at all
Re: Mutual Funds by Asetime: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
obamma:

Hi, Have you tried contacting your accounts officer? If you haven't, try contacting the officer so that you know exactly what the issue is. I'm sure I'm not the only one surprised and disappointed with such development.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Saucekide25(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone..

Please I need ideas on the best mutual funds platform one can invest in and can withdraw at anytime. I was into Stanbic mutual funds last year but their APR got really awful I had to pull out early this year

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by drotba(m): 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Saucekide25:
Hello everyone..

Please I need ideas on the best mutual funds platform one can invest in and can withdraw at anytime. I was into Stanbic mutual funds last year but their APR got really awful I had to pull out early this year

Thanks

Please remain with Stanbic. Imagine the headache when you want to redeem your chicken change it will enter voice mail and linger for one week.
Investment one should up their game. Telling one to call customer care,call this one,call that one is bullshit. With Stanbic you call no body. All you do is click the damn thing and you get your money in 24hrs. That is how it should be!

6 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by mikol(m): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

You & emmasoft are misleading people here. To liquidate my fund your company said 3 working days. I have filled redemption form since last week Wednesday, today is Tuesday almost one week yet no response from anyone in your office. I contacted emmasoft but he is non chalant

The worst is the 7.5% they are promising which am not sure it is true as my online account is showing different thing. But will confirm this after full liquidation

Please what's the procedure to liquidate ones fund? I saw something like security question , security answer and upload signature. Is that all I need to do or something else?
Re: Mutual Funds by obamma: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2020
mikol:

Please what's the procedure to liquidate ones fund? I saw something like security question , security answer and upload signature. Is that all I need to do or something else?

In my case, investment one customer care sent me redemption form which i filled , then scanned it and sent back to them. they reverted acknowledged and that it will take 3 working days.

But this is exactly one week, with multiple calls to customer care uptil this morning am yet to receive my funds.

May be is the Managing director i need to call.
Re: Mutual Funds by mikol(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

In my case, investment one customer care sent me redemption form which i filled , then scanned it and sent back to them. they reverted acknowledged and that it will take 3 working days.

But this is exactly one week, with multiple calls to customer care uptil this morning am yet to receive my funds.

Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Akanimoh113(m): 11:46am On Oct 14, 2020
I Need Financial Assistance. I Need a Smartphone to Start Making and Earning Profits. Or we can Cut a Deal.
For Every Profit I make you get 20%-30% of my Earnings for Assisting me Financially Until the Amount You've Assisted my Has been Complete with Interest.

Who can help me out... Lets Earn Profits
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
Akanimoh113:
I Need Financial Assistance. I Need a Smartphone to Start Making and Earning Profits. Or we can Cut a Deal.
For Every Profit I make you get 20%-30% of my Earnings for Assisting me Financially Until the Amount You've Assisted my Has been Complete with Interest.

Who can help me out... Lets Earn Profits
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

With FSDH Asset Management, you will get your money same day if you fill the redemption form before 10am, same with FBN Quest Asset Management

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Akanimoh113(m): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
seyisanya:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Can you Help out smiley
Re: Mutual Funds by obamma: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

Finally, after making multiple calls to customer care again this morning, the investment one team continue to promise and fail. Until I fired an email to their Managing director asking him to intervene. and I started receiving calls from their staff that were quite since past 1 week.

After sending email to their MD ,i got credited with my all my Funds in less than 1 hr.

I will calculate all and revert if their 7.5% interest is correct or not.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

Finally, after making multiple calls to customer care again this morning, the investment one team continue to promise and fail. Until I fired an email to their Managing director asking him to intervene. and I started receiving calls from their staff that were quite since past 1 week.

After sending email to their MD ,i got credited with my all my Funds in less than 1 hr.

I will calculate all and revert if their 7.5% interest is correct or not.

Nice one, I hate when a good company's reputation is doubted due to operational issues, we are all happy you finally got your funds.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by keeper303: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
You wont see emmasoft and distick now but if it is to canvas for funds now, they will be bombarding the thread.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Donbrig: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
emmasoft and distick47 should really explain why it is very difficult for customers to redeem their funds from Investment One, it might help to repair their image a bit.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
ernie4life:

Nice one, I hate when a good company's reputation is doubted due to operational issues, we are all happy you finally got your funds.

You can imagine, what if the guy had no way to contact the MD. One of the issues affecting is using rookies in sensitive areas without requisite understudy. Obamma's case is even better because all his dealings with them is online. Mine back then was offline. I went to their office opposite Nicon Luxery Hotel, Abuja to fill the redemption form and it took about 2 weeks before it hit my account.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
obamma:

You & emmasoft are misleading people here. To liquidate my fund your company said 3 working days. I have filled redemption form since last week Wednesday, today is Tuesday almost one week yet no response from anyone in your office. I contacted emmasoft but he is non chalant

The worst is the 7.5% they are promising which am not sure it is true as my online account is showing different thing. But will confirm this after full liquidation

@obamma and all. On behalf of IOFS we sincerely apologize for the delay of your redemption payment. It’s not the usual practice but rather a process induced delay.
From the team:
We sincerely apologize about his experience. The VGIF redemption takes 3 working days, however, when the payment was sent to the bank it failed and the transaction had to be re-initiated

To all our customers and prospects on the thread, please be rest assured that Investment One (Former GTBank Aseet Management) is a reputable investment outfit and fully SEC regulated and compliant to all regulatory rules and protocol.

Be free and come on board. Your fund with us is safe and all stipulated and stated features of all products are adhered to in full compliance.
Kindly send your observations and concern to the customer care, your account officer or live chat with our agents on the website and any concern will be cleared.
For the avoidance of doubt Please note VGIF is still 7.5% if there is any change it will always be communicated and made public.

Thank you for your patronage

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
freeman67:

You can imagine, what if the guy had no way to contact the MD. One of the issues affecting is using rookies in sensitive areas without requisite understudy. Obamma's case is even better because all his dealings with them is online. Mine back then was offline. I went to their office opposite Nicon Luxery Hotel, Abuja to fill the redemption form and it took about 2 weeks before it hit my account.

That's not a good one, emmasoft please take note of these reviews and take back to your team so they can improve.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Asetime: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Donbrig:
emmasoft and distick47 should really explain why it is very difficult for customers to redeem their funds from Investment One, it might help to repair their image a bit.
Exactly... Seems it's a norm because others are complaining.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2020
seyisanya:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
heHehehe... Some people are just dindinrin. grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
Franky826:

3.21% as at today. 12-10-2020.

Looks like the party is over!

2.7% today. 16-10-2020
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Franky826:

2.7% today. 16-10-2020

As long as you see TBills going down don't expect anything better from MMFs. Actually the benchmark of MMFs is 90 days TBills rate. The reason it's still up to 2 or 3% for some is because some of the assets are commercial papers.

At this time fixed income categories like VGIF and balance fund is good alternative.
Particularly balanced fund is good this period because it's a Bullish season on the NSE. If you look at the ranking of mutual funds perfirmance recently it's obvious that balance fund and equity funds are doing well.

N. B: Balance and equity funds are not risk free and returns are not fixed but completely dependent on funds performance. Do your due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
emmasoft:

As long as you see TBills going down don't expect anything better from MMFs. Actually the benchmark of MMFs is 90 days TBills rate. The reason it's still up to 2 or 3% for some is because some of the assets are commercial papers.

At this time fixed income categories like VGIF and balance fund is good alternative.
Particularly balanced fund is good this period because it's a Bullish season on the NSE. If you look at the ranking of mutual funds perfirmance recently it's obvious that balance fund and equity funds are doing well.

N. B: Balance and equity funds are not risk free and returns are not fixed but completely dependent on funds performance. Do your due diligence.

Thank you very much.
I actually do understand this. I've read the FBN fact sheets and understand the percentages of funds invested into each instrument.
I'm only updating real time rates for the sake of New comers, and other people who might want to know the current rates on FBN MMF.
Once again your input is much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:02am On Oct 17, 2020
Franky826:

Thank you very much.
I actually do understand this. I've read the FBN fact sheets and understand the percentages of funds invested into each instrument.
I'm only updating real time rates for the sake of New comers, and other people who might want to know the current rates on FBN MMF.
Once again your input is much appreciated.

Good job. Keep it up. The info is useful not only for the new comers.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Aderex91: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2020
Good morning all
I just logged into my Arm mmf this morning to check the progress of my fund and I must say I wasn't a bit happy, the current yield is at 3.14%, I am contemplating on moving my fund bck to my savings account and lock up my fund for a year, that still yields up to 13% thereabout instead of this mmf dropping rate everyday, or do anyone has a better option for me. Thank u
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2020
Aderex91:
Good morning all
I just logged into my Arm mmf this morning to check the progress of my fund and I must say I wasn't a bit happy, the current yield is at 3.14%, I am contemplating on moving my fund bck to my savings account and lock up my fund for a year, that still yields up to 13% thereabout instead of this mmf dropping rate everyday, or do anyone has a better option for me. Thank u
A better option is VGIF and high yield note.
VGIF as at now gives a return of 7.5% annually with as low as 50,000 You can subscribe to the fund. On the other hand, The High Yield Note boast of 9% with a minimum entry point of 10m.

Re: Mutual Funds by Donbrig: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2020
Pls Sir, explain to us more about this high yield note, how is it different from the normal VGIF? And how can someone with existing VGIF subscribe to it?

Dsticks47:

A better option is VGIF and high yield note.
VGIF as at now gives a return of 7.5% annually with as low as 50,000 You can subscribe to the fund. On the other hand, The High Yield Note boast of 9% with a minimum entry point of 10m.
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2020
Donbrig:
Pls Sir, explain to us more about this high yield note, how is it different from the normal VGIF? And how can someone with existing VGIF subscribe to it?

The VGIF is under our Mutual Funds investment option same with Abacus,VDF,VEIF and VBF. The High Yield Note,Medium Term Note, REAL ESTATE BACKED NOTE on the other hand is under our Fixed Income category.

HYN guarantees both the ROI and Capital same with VGIF.
What makes the HYN different from VGIF is that the rate is not benchmarked against SDF ( not reviewed every 6 month).

To subscribe to the fund kindly fill the form below my signature and send to the email address attached below indicating High Yield Note in the body of the mail.

Lastly kindly indicate my staff number on the form [url]0001126618[/url]

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Dsticks47:

The VGIF is under our Mutual Funds investment option same with Abacus,VDF,VEIF and VBF. The High Yield Note,Medium Term Note, REAL ESTATE BACKED NOTE on the other hand is under our Fixed Income category.

HYN guarantees both the ROI and Capital same with VGIF.
What makes the HYN different from VGIF is that the rate is not benchmarked against SDF ( not reviewed every 6 month).

To subscribe to the fund kindly fill the form below my signature and send to the email address attached below indicating High Yield Note in the body of the mail.

Lastly kindly indicate my staff number on the form [url]0001126618[/url]

What is the interest rate and what tenor.
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2020
ernie4life:

What is the interest rate and what tenor.
Interest rate is 9% per annum.
Tenor: 1 year

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.