Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960372 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:04am On Mar 08, 2023
Emmaesty:
Same with United Capital. My friend complains about it daily

It's across the industry. presently Tbills rate is not looking very good.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2023
emmasoft:

It's across the industry. presently Tbills rate is not looking very good.

what is the current stanbic rate
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2023
aremso:

what is the current stanbic rate

9.08%
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2023
To all the Women in the house
Happy international women's day celebration.
You are all amazing and well recognized today!

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2023
emmasoft:

9.08%

wow mad ooo from 11 about last week. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2023
aremso:

wow mad ooo from 11 about last week. Thanks

Don't worry it will improve since it's general across the industry
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2023
emmasoft:

9.08%

I'm seeing 8.72% and it was 8.99% yesterday

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2023
Apitch:

It's possible because it's updated daily and depending on the time one checked.
At the moment it's what you are seeing.
As already said it's same across not peculiar to stanbic.
Re: Mutual Funds by Jerry59: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2023
emmasoft:

It's possible because it's updated daily and depending on the time one checked.
At the moment it's what you are seeing.
As already said it's same across not peculiar to stanbic.
True, GT's MMF is 8.24% as at Monday
Re: Mutual Funds by Plus10(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2023
Apitch:

Exactly what I saw too!
Re: Mutual Funds by kennyzboy: 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Good evening house, is there anyone currently investing with SFS funds and has been able to withdraw his funds (invested capital+earned interest) successfully without hitches or bad experiences.

I checked the mobile app on playstore but though the reviews are very few, they're not looking too good or encouraging. That's why I'm asking for authentic information from existing or past users.

Please help a brother/sister.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
Thanks and pls keep using my referral link if you consider using Stanbic.

Money market fund is a great option for short to medium term capital preservation. Due to its interest rate currently above 8% it can pass the test for long term investment too, and those who are adverse to risk would prefer this.

There are several other funds that make great long term choices if this is what your aim, and in 10-15year would probably shoot you far beyond what money market fund offers.

I would advise having both short/medium term investment as well as long term investments as well.

Always happy to tell you what I think

PonziHater
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
kennyzboy:
Good evening house, is there anyone currently investing with SFS funds and has been able to withdraw his funds (invested capital+earned interest) successfully without hitches or bad experiences.

I checked the mobile app on playstore but though the reviews are very few, they're not looking too good or encouraging. That's why I'm asking for authentic information from existing or past users.

Please help a brother/sister.

When it comes to withdrawal in mutual funds, the app is not the only method used.
You can also use the web or send a withdrawal mandate.
No investor lost money in SFS, and entry or exist is seamless.

Right now the rate at 11.05% is among the best within the fixed income fund space.

Click the link on my signature to come on board.

You can also chat/call me with the number on my signature if you need further clarifications.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Stanbic is a trusted platform and I can't recommend them enough. For new investors kindly continue to use my ref link and let's journey together. I am happy to answer any investment question you have as well.

We must all be rich!

Sgt PonziHater
Re: Mutual Funds by richforever123: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
emmasoft:

When it comes to withdrawal in mutual funds, the app is not the only method used.
You can also use the web or send a withdrawal mandate.
No investor lost money in SFS, and entry or exist is seamless.

Right now the rate at 11.05% is among the best within the fixed income fund space.

Click the link on my signature to come on board.

You can also chat/call me with the number on my signature if you need further clarifications.

Do you guys give Gift to customers, the account officer has been contacting me to give me a gift
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
richforever123:

Do you guys give Gift to customers, the account officer has been contacting me to give me a gift

Yes. Sometimes on the customer's birthday or as it's deemed fit by management.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
Another week to invest. Take that 10k you have that is lying idle in your bank account and make it work for hard you.
Pls 🙏 use the link on my signature to buy a Stanbic mutual fund. Happy to offer opinion about the various funds

We must all be rich

PonziHater
Re: Mutual Funds by richforever123: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
emmasoft:

Yes. Sometimes on the customer's birthday or as it's deemed fit by management.

To be honest, I am not interested in any gift, I have a large amount there and don't need any accounting officer disturbing me, people use this delivery and gift to know where you live, this is Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
richforever123:

To be honest, I am not interested in any gift, I have a large amount there and don't need any accounting officer disturbing me, people use this delivery and gift to know where you live, this is Nigeria

Please note it's not compulsory for you to collect any gift. Your decision is well respected.

The act is not a policy but rather a gesture to appreciate your patronage and no strings attached.

It's a common practice with most of the fund managers in the industry.
Re: Mutual Funds by RayRay06677(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
I stopped using first bank for my investments when I realized that customers were hosted and gifts given and I was ignored. I used to think I had plenty plenty money with them. To divest my disappointment I moved on to others.

I got a wine from afrinvest recently, I am using their diary and towel. I feel I am important though inconsequential to the goal.

Gifts are usual in the sector, you can get it at any point of your choice or visit their office. You can't tell, that gift might be the tissue paper you desired all this while. Na joke oooo
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
Emmasoft and ponzihater

God day. I made a redemption yesterday from my stanbic MMF. I was credited once in my bank account but I noticed from my portfolio and statement that I was debited twice. I sent a feedback on the App about this but nothing has been done. Do I need to do something else?
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
igbizen:
Emmasoft and ponzihater

God day. I made a redemption yesterday from my stanbic MMF. I was credited once in my bank account but I noticed from my portfolio and statement that I was debited twice. I sent a feedback on the App about this but nothing has been done. Do I need to do something else?
Thanks

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kindly send a mail to mutual.funds@stanbicibtc.com to make the complaint or call this number 012805595 for instant response.

Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Polchiz(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
emmasoft:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kindly send a mail to mutual.funds@stanbicibtc.com to make the complaint or call this number 012805595 for instant response.

Thank you.

I opened a stanbic ibtc account online and I was given an e-account number (C-004.....).I tried to fund the account via online transfer to no avail.
I observed that account numbers starting with alphabet letters is not acceptable on the APP.

Can you assist?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Polchiz:

I opened a stanbic ibtc account online and I was given an e-account number (C-004.....).I tried to fund the account via online transfer to no avail.
I observed that account numbers starting with alphabet letters is not acceptable on the APP.

Can you assist?

You can pay with a bank transfer using the following details:

Account name: UBA Nom First Trustees IBTC Money Market Fund
Account Number: 1023413552
Bank Name: UBA

Write your e-account number (C-004.....) as the description/narration or reference depending on the term your bank uses.

If you do the transfer before 12 noon, you get the same-day value and the interest otherwise it will be the next business day value and interest.

You can chat me up with the phone number on my signature if you need further clarification/assistance.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Sahahac1(m): 7:35am On Mar 15, 2023
Cool
Re: Mutual Funds by manny4u(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
Another week to invest. Take that 10k you have that is lying idle in your bank account and make it work for hard you.
Pls 🙏 use the link on my signature to buy a Stanbic mutual fund. Happy to offer opinion about the various funds

We must all be rich

PonziHater

Hello. I just use ur referral link to set up an MMF, please how do i register on the app so dt i can monitor my investment? Cos i can not create an account on the app.
Re: Mutual Funds by maursatt: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Good day everyone, please can anyone help me out on which of the mutual funds is more profitable when you decide to leave it for a long time ? In Stanbic ibtc mutual funds there are various mutual funds such as money market funds, balance funds, equity funds, etc, please if you have access any from experience which do you prefer and why?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
manny4u:

Hello. I just use ur referral link to set up an MMF, please how do i register on the app so dt i can monitor my investment? Cos i can not create an account on the app.

Amazing thanks and congrats for coming onboard.
They you usually get an e- account and log in detailed within 24 to 48hours.

If you have downloaded the app and find any difficulty the pls contact their customer care :

mutual.funds@stanbicibtc.com or 012805595

Their response is usually prompt.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
maursatt:
Good day everyone, please can anyone help me out on which of the mutual funds is more profitable when you decide to leave it for a long time ? In Stanbic ibtc mutual funds there are various mutual funds such as money market funds, balance funds, equity funds, etc, please if you have access any from experience which do you prefer and why?

Hi.

Compound interest would work in your favour if you leave your funds for a long time.

Money market fund is popular because you have only guaranteed earnings and no losses. If you are happy with avarage rates between 6-14% then this is a good place to start.

Adding stocks to your portfolio increases your risk, but should provide you better returns in the long term, say 5-10yrs. Check your risk appetite before investing. If you will loose sleep when your funds go down then think twice before investing in this.

Personally I invest heavily in MMF, the rate is massive compared to what obtains in the advanced worlds, and it comparable to some of the best stock portfolio like ftse100. I also have the Stanbic Balanced funds, as well as the Imaan funds, and they are doing great, though my money drops from time to time. If you have above 20million, then the aggressive growth fund has performed remarkably well in the past 5years, and its one of my favourite.

In the end it's your choice. MMF provides good capital preservation and growth, and it's a good one to start with. Equity fund should theoretically beat money market fund in the long term.

Thanks to all those using my code

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by lolaluv1(f): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
emmasoft:

There is no problem, they just changed their method of dividend payment/reinvestment.

Before now dividend we're reinvested randomly but from this year January they decided to make it a monthly affairs.

You can check to see that your capital has increased by the accrued interest for February.

Generally MMF pay/reinvest interest quarterly but IBTC operates this monthly model of monthly payment.

Thank you. I calculated it and it was just as you suggested...

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by maursatt: 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Thank you sgtponzihater for your clear explanation.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Don't leave your money idle in the bank, it increases your negative returns.

Get better returns as you invest in the Stanbic IBTC MMF for 9.12% as of today and the SFS Fixed income fund for 11.05%.

There is an opportunity for re-investment (Compounding) of your returns as long as you wish or you can opt for a monthly payment of returns.

Click the links on my signature or call to start investing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.