Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960043 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
My annoyance is that MPR is 18% NTB is 14.% and Stanbic is still on 8.%
Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
Apitch:
Na wa ooo

Absolutely. This could have been a good period to build some interest
Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hmm. Na this period dey sweet pass, almost organismic in intensity. 🤭

Received my quarterly payment today. Slightly lower than the Jan payout, but still good all the same.

As Sgtponzi will say, we must all be rich.

Kudos to ARM! 👍

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Apitch:
Na wa ooo

The TB's leap to 14% was just at the last auction; before then it had hovered 8-9% for the past weeks.

So if it is maintained or increased (I hope!) then we should expect better yields in months to come.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2023
bjtinz:
Hmm. Na this period dey sweet pass, almost organismic in intensity. 🤭

Received my quarterly payment today. Slightly lower than the Jan payout, but still good all the same.

As Sgtponzi will say, we must all be rich.

Kudos to ARM! 👍

grin grin grin
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
igbizen:
Stanbic MMF is becoming too slow in updating account. This is evening already and weekend returns have not be updated. Even to reinvest earnings for the month of March is yet to be done.
@emmasoft and ponzihater what is happening? This is unlike stanbic

Don't worry everything will be in place. It's end of quarter things.
Remember stanbic has a lot on the table.
However, be rest assured that all accrued interest will reflect accordingly and the value date for your reinvestment will be adjusted in accordance with the rule of the MMF.
Re: Mutual Funds by lolaluv1(f): 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
igbizen:
Stanbic MMF is becoming too slow in updating account. This is evening already and weekend returns have not be updated. Even to reinvest earnings for the month of March is yet to be done.
@emmasoft and ponzihater what is happening? This is unlike stanbic

Reinvest profit for March? I thought they are supposed to pay quarterly profits made up of January, February and March?
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
lolaluv1:

Reinvest profit for March? I thought they are supposed to pay quarterly profits made up of January, February and March?
You are still on the old bus
Re: Mutual Funds by Chijohn42k(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
emmasoft:

Don't worry everything will be in place. It's end of quarter things.
Remember stanbic has a lot on the table.
However, be rest assured that all accrued interest will reflect accordingly and the value date for your reinvestment will be adjusted in accordance with the rule of the MMF.
Good Day Boss is it that other Banks the like of Access bank dont offer mutual fund,treasury Bill and so on. Just asking for my saké House
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
lolaluv1:

Some investors prefer their profits re-invested automatically, and have applied for this option.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:35am On Apr 04, 2023
lolaluv1:

Generally, most of the MMF managers reinvest accrued interest quarterly. Stanbic is an exception, they choose to reinvest investors accrued interest monthly. They started this year January as against the random reinvesting before now. Check your account, you would have seen the reinvested interest of January and February.

The above is the default arrangement, if an investor opt otherwise, the interest will be paid into their bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:11am On Apr 04, 2023
Chijohn42k:
Good Day Boss is it that other Banks the like of Access bank dont offer mutual fund,treasury Bill and so on. Just asking for my saké House

MDBs sells tbills but those that offer the services of asset management or fund management do so through their subsidiary. Those subsidiaries operate as seperate entities.

The likes of FBN, FCMB, STANBIC, GTCO all do through their subsidiaries.

So in the real sense no bank offer mutual fund services.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2023
Somebody should explain this aberration that just happened. My calculation of the interest stanbic dropped from Saturday, Sunday and Monday gives me 2%. I assume this is a mistake and would rectified.
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2023
On Friday my balance was #9,104,900. This morning it’s #9,106,700. What is happening?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nice2023(m): 9:21am On Apr 04, 2023
igbizen:
On Friday my balance was #9,104,900. This morning it’s #9,106,700. What is happening?

With 8million,I got 7k from sat to Monday.

Mine is first ally.
Re: Mutual Funds by Jasonblu: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2023
otomatic:

Okay. Seems they are into "agro"

You did your research well - they actually invest into agro, they are not into agro
Re: Mutual Funds by Jasonblu: 10:47am On Apr 04, 2023
igbizen:

With 3 million in reaprite - your interest should be 10k plus in a week at 18%
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
bjtinz:

The TB's leap to 14% was just at the last auction; before then it had hovered 8-9% for the past weeks.

So if it is maintained or increased (I hope!) then we should expect better yields in months to come.

9-10% not 8-9% please
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
My Interest for March is same with that of February irrespective of the fact that I topped up a bit, I don't take my interest and Feb is 3 fully days short of March. Haba na!!!
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Stanbic IBTC MMF handler are seriously misbehaving this days. It seems there is no particular pattern/calculation/rate they use to credit the fund. They just wake up and credit account whenever and however they like. They want to damage the trust/ reliance people have in them. What's keeping my little fund there now is just the fact I can withdraw and my account will be credited within 24 hrs if not by now I should have left them totally.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
freeman67:
Stanbic IBTC MMF handler are seriously misbehaving this days. It seems there is no particular pattern/calculation/rate they use to credit the fund. They just wake up and credit account whenever and however they like. They want to damage the trust/ reliance people have in them. What's keeping my little fund there now is just the fact I can withdraw and my account will be credited within 24 hrs if not by now I should have left them totally.

With all these information about Stanbic MMF, iam now having double mind opening an account with them.

Who has information about FSDH MMF?.
Re: Mutual Funds by athorello(m): 3:56am On Apr 05, 2023
I don't understand Stanbic and their very low rates now. I topped up my account 2 days ago and it's yet to reflect. This their mumulity don dey too much.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:56am On Apr 05, 2023
Jasonblu:

Return of my Money is more important than return on my money

11 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:00am On Apr 05, 2023
freeman67:

It is not advisable to do business with a firm.

I have money market fund investments with the following

FBN Quest Asset Management
FSDH Asset Management
GT Fund Managers
Stanbic IBTC Asset United Capital Asset Management.

For now I am getting the best yields from
FBN Quest Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management.

Both currently have a yield of over 11%

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:00am On Apr 05, 2023
Jasonblu:

Do you work for this company, are you the owner, or are you just an investor?
Re: Mutual Funds by Redoil: 8:32am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

FSDH Asset Management
GT Fund Managers

For now I am get the best yields from

But currently have a yield of over 11%
sfs fund pays 11.6% check it out
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:59am On Apr 05, 2023
Redoil:

sfs fund pays 11.6% check it out

How many funds. I go get.

I am fine with the current ones I have

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 9:04am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

FSDH Asset Management
GT Fund Managers

Is FSDH interest credited monthly or quarterly or half yearly or yearly?.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

FSDH Asset Management
GT Fund Managers

Very apt. I have diversified but I think I need to do more. Right I am using only Stanbic and UCap. I like FBNquest but I haven't joined them because I don't know how fast they credit customer account after redemption/withrawal.

I should begin to look into FSDH too. I don't like GTFund lack of online access.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:15am On Apr 05, 2023
NL1960:

Is FSDH interest credited monthly or quarterly or half yearly or yearly?.

Interests are credited quarterly that is what is obtainable.

I elect to reinvest my interests, I can redeem whenever I need fund
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Interests are credited quarterly that is what is obtainable.

I elect to reinvest my interests, I can redeem whenever I need fund

Maybe it is Stanbic MMF monthly crediting of interest that is making their rates to be low. There is always a catch somewhere.
Re: Mutual Funds by Emmaesty(f): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.