Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960275 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by iamrichiefola(m): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please does anyone have a contact in United Capital? I have completed the account opening form for over a month. I keep sending them reminders after reminders, they sent a form last week for me to complete (which I did) they haven't reverted since then.
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
sgtponzihater1:
Good day for Stanbic MMF 11.04%.
Pls how do you know/calculate the rate on daily basis?
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
egojeny1:

Pls how do you know/calculate the rate on daily basis?

It updates on the website.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
iamrichiefola:
Please does anyone have a contact in United Capital? I have completed the account opening form for over a month. I keep sending them reminders after reminders, they sent a form last week for me to complete (which I did) they haven't reverted since then.

You can chat them up on What's App with the number above. Reminders sent there is easily seen and attended to.
Re: Mutual Funds by YoungBuffet: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
freeman67:

Normal you should have indicated that the interest be paid to a particular account while subscribing.

That said, it's two ways. You can request for redemption of the interest amount on your app if your security question is already set or make the request through a branch Stanbic IBTC Bank.

Thanks Bro
Re: Mutual Funds by iamrichiefola(m): 4:37am On Jun 02, 2023
freeman67:

You can chat them up on What's App with the number above. Reminders sent there is easily seen and attended to.

Thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

It updates on the website.
Ok
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2023
Pls someone should put me through.
I just started this mutual funds investment and I noticed that the interest stopped adding up on 31st May. When I clicked on it I saw re-invest. Pls do I need to re-invest again to continue?

If yes, should I add the interest gained so far?
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2023
egojeny1:
Pls someone should put me through. I just started this mutual fund investment and I noticed that the interest stopped adding up on 31st May. When I clicked on it I saw re-invest. Pls do I need to re-invest again to continue?

If yes, should I add the interest gained so far?

Are you with Stanbic?
If you ticked re-invest when signing up, it does automatically. If not it pays out to your nominated account.

All the best
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 7:52am On Jun 03, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Are you with Stanbic?
If you ticked re-invest when signing up, it does automatically. If not it pays out to your nominated account.

All the best
Yes, I'm with Stanbic. I ticked re-invest but I'm surprised it stopped adding up since 31st May
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2023
egojeny1:

Yes, I'm with Stanbic. I ticked re-invest but I'm surprised it stopped adding up since 31st May

Strange, but you should be sorted soon . Pease contact customer care by Monday if still having difficulties. Things can be unsettling in the beginning, but all will be well moving forward.
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 7:57am On Jun 03, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Strange, but you should be sorted soon . Pease contact customer care by Monday of still having difficulties. Things can be unsettling in the beginning, but all will be well moving forward.
Ok, thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by adedayo77: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2023
Hello my fellow investors.

Pease what is the meaning of this 'The management fee is 1.5% per annum' for Stanbic money market fund?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2023
adedayo77:

Pease what is the meaning of this 'The management fee is 1.5% per annum' for Stanbic money market fund?

1.5% of your funds goes to their pocket every year to manage your portfolio
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

1.5% of your funds goes to their pocket every year to manage your portfolio

Is it 1.5% of capital or 1.5% of interest earned?.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
NL1960:

Is it 1.5% of capital or 1.5% of interest earned?.

Everything
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Everything

Do not understand. I ask an 'or' question.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2023
NL1960:

Do not understand. I ask an 'or' question.

They take 1.5% of your principal and accrued interest every year. If your portfolio is up, you should notice, but if you have stock based funds their are time when their fees may mop up some of your principal. The percentage interest shown, for MMF, is effective yield after factoring in management fees.

Hope this helps
Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

They take 1.5% of your principal and accrued interest every year. If your portfolio is up, you should notice, but if you have stock based funds their are time when their fees may mop up some of your principal. The percentage interest shown, for MMF, is effective yield after factoring in management fees.

Hope this helps

Bro. Pls the interest showing has taken care of the charges? If yes that means no further deductions from the current money am seeing?
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
aremso:

Bro. Pls the interest showing has taken care of the charges? If yes that means no further deductions from the current money am seeing?

You should usually not see how the charges are taken. So what you see is what you have

I was answering to the question. These investment bankers take the money in a such a sleek way that you shouldn't notice, since they publish effective yield.

My bosses may explain further if required.
Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

You should usually not see how the charges are taken. So what you see is what you have

I was answering to the question. These investment bankers take the money in a such a sleek way that you shouldn't notice, since they publish effective yield.

My bosses may explain further if required.

Sorry pls this is my first time to do MMF. 1.50% of my total fund will bite me for body oo let them not let me know how they are deducting it abeg
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
aremso:

Sorry pls this is my first time to do MMF

Thats ok bro. Happy to answer any question as much as I understand. We are all in the journey together.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Strange, but you should be sorted soon . Pease contact customer care by Monday if still having difficulties. Things can be unsettling in the beginning, but all will be well moving forward.
Sorted, thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Hope this helps

Is this a standard in the industry or just peculiar to Stanbic MMF?.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
NL1960:

Is this a standard in the industry or just peculiar to Stanbic MMF?.

It's standard world over for management fee to cover the total amount managed (i.e the interest and principal). What is different is the fee percentage for some funds fees are cheaper than others.

In an ideal world 1.5% fees is too high, especially if you are high net worth. The alternative you have is to find a cheaper manager, invest in passively managed index fund or manage your fund yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

It's standard world over for management fee to cover the total amount managed (i.e the interest and principal). What is different is the fee percentage for some funds fees are cheaper than others.

In an ideal world 1.5% fees is too high, especially if you are high net worth. The alternative you have is to find a cheaper manager, invest in passively managed index fund or manage your fund yourself.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ubfacility: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
Please What capital preserving fund is available?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
ubfacility:
Please What capital preserving fund is available?

Money market fund, bond fund, fixed income funds
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
adedayo77:

In the simplest term without going into much intricases, what it means is that the return on your investment will reduce by that same value.
So when your return is stated as 10.5%
It means your return suppose to be 12% ie 10.5+1.5
Mgt fees is calculated on Asset under management (AUM).

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Chikebrain: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
Just wondering why Money Market interests are on the rise (Stanbic and FBN is about 11.03% )and Treasury bills percentage interest is dropping
Re: Mutual Funds by YoungBuffet: 5:35am On Jun 06, 2023
Chikebrain:
Just wondering why Money Market interests are on the rise (Stanbic and FBN is about 11.03% )and Treasury bills percentage interest is dropping

They invest in CPs and Bonds, some of these stuffs are up to 15% interest yield

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.