Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (971081 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
freeman67:
@dadebayo1 The interest rate for SIAML MMF is no longer upto 17% it's now between 15 & 16%..

@coolangel54 If I were in you I will not concentrate on what I will gain for now...I will rather use it as a form of savings instead of putting the money in savings account .. If you are consistent in topping whatever amount you can afford (not below 5k) with time you will see your savings grow before you start considering it as an investment option.

Oh ok sir.. I felt it is 17%... I also consider it as an alternative to keeping my funds in a savings account.. Just a way to save and get more from the savings...
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
dadebayo1:

Oh ok sir.. I felt it is 17%... I also consider it as an alternative to keeping my funds in a savings account.. Just a way to save and get more from the savings...

You are not totally wrong sometime last year it was even more but now it is dropping. You can easily seethe rate easily when you check through your Internet access not mobile app... Yea it offers better return than just keeping it in savings
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
freeman67:

You are not totally wrong sometime last year it was even more but now it is dropping. You can easily seethe rate easily when you check through your Internet access not mobile app... Yea it offers better return than just keeping it in savings

Thank you sir.. Please kindly post the link for the online access ..
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 4:59am On Jan 28, 2018
Goodday all please between ARM Money market fund and Stanbic Ibtc money market fund which is better?
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
DUNKA:
Goodday all please between ARM Money market fund and Stanbic Ibtc money market fund which is better?

It depends on the factors you are considering.

Higher rate offer, Customer service, Transperency etc.

Make your choices based on these factors.

I settled for ARM after factoring in the above points.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
chinexex:

what's their latest rate? how about the online transaction, hope it's almost seamless like Stanbic
Re: Mutual Funds by Fyngal1(f): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
chinexex:

please can you explain the ARM money market fund and how somebody can go into it. thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by yinkakani(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
For Telegram users and those that trade binary and forex, join

https:///brownbull

To take trades
New trading day starts on Monday
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
chinexex:

thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
StanbicIBTC is the best for Money Market Fund!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
dotcomnamename:
i remeber my first try was ARM, REGISTRATION WAS NOT SO EASY.

then First Bank, lol..wasted a month waiting for them.

tried stanbic and got my account active in about 10hrs! Same day..

BUT I DONT WANT CROWD O.. So i dont invite all to come and use Ibtc mmf..

try others.. INVESTMENT ONE is there too..IF you can find their office.. Kikikikigrin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by jaychubi: 8:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Online redemption now comes with a penalty of over 514.6501 naira even for funds dt have been with them for over 3 months with intermittent top dts not up to a month.

For eg I ve 5000 with them for 4 months n top up 1000 n 500 which is not up to a month then later redeemed 1000 and I am slammed a penalty of 514.6501 naira. This has happened to me twice on stanbic ibtc money market fund.

Anyone who has an explanation can explain
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:21am On Jan 29, 2018
grin
dadebayo1:

You can download the app from google playstore it is called stanbicibtc mobile app #appyness once you download the app install it and follow the instructions under the "open an account" option.. Then you select mutual fund and follow the instructions... A simple way i calculate is amount to invest divided by 100 then answer multiplied by 17% (which is current interest rate) then you divide the answer by 12 to give you monthly interest and further divide by 30days to give you daily interest... grin for example

#5000\100 = 50
Then 50 x17% (interest) = #850 yearly
Then #850 /12months = #70.83k monthly
Then #70.83k monthly /30days in a month = #2.36 dsily grin

You can start small and continue to add more funds to your investment as you wish.. All the best ma
So for your 5k thats how much you make... Guess it is still better than leaving it in a savings account...
WOW! N850 for one year? It is really small chai! Thank you for the mathematics, my head nearly fell off before you gave the explanations with real figures. THANKS AND GOD BLESS. N5000 is however small sha. Lemme increase it to to N20,000 and will continue increasing it.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2018
freeman67:
@dadebayo1 The interest rate for SIAML MMF is no longer upto 17% it's now between 15 & 16%..

@coolangel54 If I were in you I will not concentrate on what I will gain for now...I will rather use it as a form of savings instead of putting the money in savings account .. If you are consistent in topping whatever amount you can afford (not below 5k) with time you will see your savings grow before you start considering it as an investment option.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVISE. THANKS. LEMME DOWNLOAD THE APP NOW
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2018
grosy:
Pls I don't really understand stanbic ibtc mmf pls if I investment with 100000 thousands by own do in get my moneney I invested back plus interest.? Again can I withdraw frombthe account?
Thirdly hope I will not loss my money?

Investing is a serious business, because it involves your hard earned money. You were supposed to ask those questions before plunging into it. Stanbic IBTC Money Market Mutual Fund is a very, very, very credible Asset Management Company, backed by the full faith of the Standard Bank of Africa, domiciled in South Africa. They are currently the largest Mutual Managers in Nigeria with a BV of over N93bn!

One you subscribe to their mutual, you cannot have access to your capital without penalty within the first 30days. This is more or less a standard practice. Thereafter, you have full and direct access to your money. I am a big time subscriber to their fund, and I enjoy being there. As is common with other financial entities, there might be cases of network, internet issues which issues should not be blown out of context. Their Customer Service is excellent by my ranking. Make friend with your Customer Service Officer and enjoy maximum attention at all times.
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
coolangel54:
grin
So for your 5k thats how much you make... Guess it is still better than leaving it in a savings account...
WOW! N850 for one year? It is really small chai! Thank you for the mathematics, my head nearly fell off before you gave the explanations with real figures. THANKS AND GOD BLESS. N5000 is however small sha. Lemme increase it to to N20,000 and will continue increasing it.

Lollll...... Sorry about the mathematics grin you will soon become a consultant too.. All the best with the savings..its all about cultivating the habit of savings and earning something for the savings.. grin best wishes ma..

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
who has d best rate recently?
Re: Mutual Funds by yinkakani(m): 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
For those of you who trade binary options and use telegram, here's a telegram channel link below in which you can take trades

https:///brownbull
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
yak:

what's their latest rate?
how about the online transaction, hope it's almost seamless like Stanbic

16.54% as at January 25th, 2018.

Their platform is user friendly (Sample Screenshot Attached)
Online transaction is done with ease and account is credit instantly.

Most importantly, i enjoy their communications via mails.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
DUNKA:
thanks

You are welcome!
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
dotcomnamename:

In what terms? Fund capital OR Investment returns.

True! Stanbic Asset Mgt are the largest investment bank in Africa in terms of mutual fund capitals.

But i read online lately, that FBN Quest (3rd) and ARM (2nd) were better in returns for 2017 rating.
Stanbic AsstMgt came around 6th.

It all depends on your factors considered. Besides interest rate fluctuate daily in money market.
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
RealityShot:
i remeber my first try was ARM, REGISTRATION WAS NOT SO EASY.

then First Bank, lol..wasted a month waiting for them.

tried stanbic and got my account active in about 10hrs! Same day..

BUT I DONT WANT CROWD O.. So i dont invite all to come and use Ibtc mmf..

try others.. INVESTMENT ONE is there too..IF you can find their office.. Kikikikigrin

I registered with these three .... ARM, FBN and STANBIC MMF

So far, ARM has good customer service, offer good rates, transparent platform, interest is updated daily.

FBN offer higher rates sometimes, and updates interest daily too.

For STANBIC, i can't say much as i abandoned them after attempts to open an account failed despite series of mails providing all the necessary documents.

The last email i got from stanbic was an account details i was to make a transfer to so as to top-up an account that was not yet created for me.
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi guys.

Can anyone help me with emails of any influential person in GTB and Stanbic? I still haven't gotten my money, i visited both banks physically today and they are still not saying anything different. I need help pls. Kindly PM me if u have these emails
Re: Mutual Funds by Inca(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hello,
Did you attach a copy of the transaction in the correspondence with the beneficiary bank?
What's the narration you used to define the transaction, did you reference your name....?
I can suggest someone if i get clarifications on these.
Thank you.

haibe:
Hi guys.

Can anyone help me with emails of any influential person in GTB and Stanbic? I still haven't gotten my money, i visited both banks physically today and they are still not saying anything different. I need help pls. Kindly PM me if u have these emails
Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
haibe:
Hi guys.

I will help you search through my old diary for the cbn email address.. All you need do is send a mail to the address with details about the transactions , then copy GTB and stanbic.. It worked for me sometime ago.. The cbn guys took over the complaint and help resolved it within 48hrs....

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dadebayo1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Inca:
Hello,
Did you attach a copy of the transaction in the correspondence with the beneficiary bank?
What's the narration you used to define the transaction, did you reference your name....?
Thank you.

Email for cbn complaint is cpd@cbn.gov.ng it works.. Just be detailed with your complaint.. All the best sir.. Dont forget to copy stanbicibtc and gtb too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
Inca:
Hello,
Thank you.

Its an online transfer on their CIPG Platform, u dnt have the priviledge to edit narration. I have sent supporting evidence in our correspondence
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Fyngal1:

please can you explain the ARM money market fund and how somebody can go into it. thanks

The ARM Money Market Fund offers a higher interest rate on your savings than a traditional savings account.

And it doesn’t have to be long term; the ARM MMF allows you quick access to your money, competitive interest rates, regular tax free returns and expert fund management.

You can start with a minimum of N5, 000.

The fund invests in:
*Government securities: 25% – 95%
*Other money market instruments: 5% – 75%
*Bankers’ Acceptances, certificates of deposits, commercial papers, collaterised repurchase agreements etc.

It's safe and less risky.

Benefits
-------------------
*Preserve capital
*Quarterly interest payments
*Easy and flexible entry and exit
*Competitive interest rates.

How to Begin:

You would need the following:

Visit www.arminvestmentcenter(dot)com

*Fill the form
*Attach copies of your passport photo
*Copy of picture page of identification(e.g. International Passport, Driver’s License)
*Utility bill (for minors, a scanned copy of parent’s ID, Utility bill and minor’s birth certificate.)

An MMF account will be created on successful verification of the requested documents.

You can credit your account with the desired amount of choice by making payment/online transfer to the specified account on their site.

#HappyInvesting
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
coolangel54:
grin

The more money you invest, the higher the returns at the end of the year.

It's wise to choose the "re-invest funds" option when filling the form.

It compounds your interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.