Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (964246 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by jmanity: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2018
coolangel54:
100,000 would yield 12,000 monthly with this interest rate?

The interest rate is not monthly, it is annual.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2018
THANKS. So, what would be the annual interest rate using the current interest rate for 100k
jmanity:

The interest rate is not monthly, it is annual.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2018
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER THIS O
Mukah1234:
Please house. How do I pull out all my funds on stanbic MMF?
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2018
What investment house. You can easily call or email their customer service and they can instruct you on the process. They even respond on social media too.
coolangel54:
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER THIS O
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2018
Priceless25:

Saw it and was confused too.. It's an impressive progress from 13.47% to 16.64% considering that it's usually a gradual growth, but what I saw had me refreshing my page so many times just to be sure.

Quoted rates and true Yields are never the same. until you calculate your true yield, you can't be too sure.
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
INTEREST RATES AS AT TODAY:
SIBTC 12.34%
ARMS 13.1282%
I think I have to visit ARMS now to invest in MMF. Someone should knidly assist with 100,000 interest rate for one year please. I no know maths o
Re: Mutual Funds by peacengine(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ugosample:

Is that the actual returns for the balanced funds

grin
Re: Mutual Funds by chinexex(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
coolangel54:
INTEREST RATES AS AT TODAY:
SIBTC 12.34%
ARMS 13.1282%
I think I have to visit ARMS now to invest in MMF. Someone should knidly assist with 100,000 interest rate for one year please. I no know maths o

How and where do you get their daily rates from?
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
coolangel54:
Please , calculate with an initial capital of 100,000 for me.
Your interest after 1 year would be 12,310 naira which is equivalent to 1025.8 naira monthly at 12.31%(excluding compounding) ....however,you will have to withdraw a little less than this amount due to 'charges'...

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by TeamLeader(m): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
eezeribe:

Your interest after 1 year would be 12,310 at 12.31%....however,you will have to withdraw a little less than this amount due to 'charges'...

Please am still in a state of unknown here sir.
Since the interest rate fluctuates on a daily basis, am still confused on the rate they use to calculate the interest on the initial capital at the end of the month. lets say capital of 10k.
Educate me sir
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
TeamLeader:

Since the interest rate fluctuates on a daily basis, am still confused on the rate they use to calculate the interest on the initial capital at the end of the month. lets say capital of 10k.
Educate me sir
It's my pleasure.even though interest rates do fluctuate, but by the end of the year, the yield would be based on an 'average' of all the fluctuations.
If you invest 10000 in MMF at 12.31 %, your interest after one year would be 1231 naira, which is equivalent to 102.58 Naira every month.(excluding compounding)
Investment in the capital market only makes sense when your starting capital is on the 'high side'.
One good thing about the money market fund is that interests are compounded quarterly...
Re: Mutual Funds by Ademat7(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
TeamLeader:

Educate me sir
d rate is displayed per day,may rise or fall and it's used to calculate your gain per day
Note: 10k+#100 today becomes 1100x(tomorrow's percentage) and so on and so forth
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ademat7:
d rate is displayed per day,may rise or fall and it's used to calculate your gain per day
Note: 10k+#100 today becomes 1100x(tomorrow's percentage) and so on and so forth
Compounding occurs quarterly, not daily,so therefore interest earned today doesn't form part of tomorrow's capital, however, interests earned in the course of three months (a quarter) would form part of the the capital for the next quarter if and only if (IFF) the fund owner indicated in his account opening clause that interests accrued should be automatically reinvested in funds.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
eezeribe:

Compounding occurs quarterly, not daily,so therefore interest earned today doesn't form part of tomorrow's capital, however, interests earned in the course of three months (a quarter) would form part of the the capital for the next quarter if and only if (IFF) the fund owner indicated in his account opening clause that interests accrued should be automatically reinvested in funds.

the mistake I made in my first investment with FBN. I regretted it
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
yak:

the mistake I made in my first investment with FBN. I regretted it
Ooh, so sorry about that.. But I guess you are OK now as regards the 'know how'..
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
eezeribe:

Ooh, so sorry about that.. But I guess you are OK now as regards the 'know how'..

very much better now. u can't b in this forum n not b upto speed

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
yak:

very much better now. u can't b in this forum n not b upto speed
OK, that's good to hear...
Re: Mutual Funds by Ademat7(m): 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
eezeribe:

noted
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
peacengine:

grin

How far you na grin
Re: Mutual Funds by TeamLeader(m): 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks sir's.

Though someone introduced the mmf to without much info and based on what i've been seeing i think its a good investment to put money on.
And for now i'll like to start with 20k.

Here are my questions
1. When should I be expecting interest on the 20k? Monthly, quarterly or yearly?

2. How much should I be expecting (Help me do the calculations abeg)

3. Between stanbic & arm which one is better or is it advisable to invest in the 2 simultaneously.

4. What are the necessary steps to take when starting?

Please explain in a layman language. I no too go school for big grammar like that. grin

Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2018
I sent a mail to Stanbic IBTC and also checked the websites for both fund managers
chinexex:

How and where do you get their daily rates from?
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2018
I am learning a great deal here. I have to indicate that interest should be re-invested then.
eezeribe:

Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2018
Can you please explain "compounding' for me in a layman's language. Also, what charges apply? I am about to start with 100,000.
eezeribe:

Your interest after 1 year would be 12,310 naira which is equivalent to 1025.8 naira monthly at 12.31%(excluding compounding) ....however,you will have to withdraw a little less than this amount due to 'charges'...
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2018
eezeribe:

It's my pleasure.even though interest rates do fluctuate, but by the end of the year, the yield would be based on an 'average' of all the fluctuations.
If you invest 10000 in MMF at 12.31 %, your interest after one year would be 123.1 naira, which is equivalent to 10.258 Naira every month.(excluding compounding)
Investment in the capital market only makes sense when your starting capital is on the 'high side'.
One good thing about the money market fund is that interests are compounded quarterly...

Sir/Ma,
Your calculation above is for N1,000 and not N10,000.
The interest based on the assumed rate will be N1,231 for one year.
Kindly recheck.
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2018
IHelp:

Sir/Ma,
Your calculation above is for N1,000 and not N10,000.
The interest will based on the assumed rate will ne N1,231 for one year.
Kindly recheck.
Thanks for the correction.. I was actually attending to two clients at a time with similar figures...
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2018
A customer care representative from ARM called me this morning and she was saying that it is the banks which charge for withholding tax, etc and that they do not charge. Secondly, that compounding kiniko does not apply to them cos dividends is shared quarterly and that their rate as at today is 13.1% as against Stanbic 12.27%. [/b]SENIORS IN THE HOUSE, WHICH IS BEST: Stanbic IBTC or ARM?[b]
Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2018
To check interest rates, please visit the following websites:
Stanbic IBTC
http://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/

ARM
https://arminvestmentcenter.com/
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2018
TeamLeader:
Thanks sir's.

Though someone introduced the mmf to without much info and based on what i've been seeing i think its a good investment to put money on.
And for now i'll like to start with 20k.

Here are my questions
1. When should I be expecting interest on the 20k? Monthly, quarterly or yearly?

2. How much should I be expecting (Help me do the calculations abeg)

3. Between stanbic & arm which one is better or is it advisable to invest in the 2 simultaneously.

4. What are the necessary steps to take when starting?

Please explain in a layman language. I no too go school for big grammar like that. grin

Thank you
I will answer your questions as e dey hot.. Lol

1)interest starts accruing after 24 hours, meaning that your interests grows everyday, but you can only withdraw after a minimum of 30 days...

2) if you invest 20k at 12% per annum, your profit after one year (excluding compounding) would be 2400, equivalent to 200 naira a month.

3)I operate with stanbic ibtc and they are really good, moreover you can always resolve issues through their nearest branches in your location.

4)www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com
Visit the site, download the account opening template and go through it, then you can either invest online or through the nearest branch in your area.
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2018
coolangel54:
Can you please explain "compounding' for me in a layman's language. Also, what charges apply? I am about to start with 100,000.
Quarterly Compounding means that all the interests you earned after every three months would be added to your initial capital in the next quarter.
Example, if you invest 10k and earned 300 naira after three months, your new capital in the fourth month will be 10300 naira, and your interests for that next three months will be higher than the previous 300 naira...
Charges are the fund managers fees... Between 1%—3%...or thereabout.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2018
coolangel54:
A customer care representative from ARM called me this morning and she was saying that it is the banks which charge for withholding tax, etc and that they do not charge. Secondly, that compounding kiniko does not apply to them cos dividends is shared quarterly and that their rate as at today is 13.1% as against Stanbic 12.27%. [/b]SENIORS IN THE HOUSE, WHICH IS BEST: Stanbic IBTC or ARM?[b]
I don't know what you mean by kiniko... Lol
There are different types of MUTUAL FUNDs as well as different types of shares.
The paying of dividends mostly applies with shares, while compounding of interests mostly applies to mutual funds, especially the money market funds. However, both dividends and compounding are tools to increase the investors returns in the long run.
The issue of withholding tax on mutual funds applies only when you want to withdraw a certain percentage of the profit accrued.
But if you are to withdraw everything, both interest and initial capital, you will not pay for withholding tax, you will only pay for management fees which is very little.
If a mutual fund doesn't do compounding, I won't invest in it unless the its interest rates beat the 'market'... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by coolangel54(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2018
Does Stanbic IBTC do it? Seniors who are in the house please help out, this is money matter. I DON TIRE FOR PONZI grin
eezeribe:

I don't know what you mean by kiniko... Lol
There are different types of MUTUAL FUNDs as well as different types of shares.
The paying of dividends mostly applies with shares, while compounding of interests mostly applies to mutual funds, especially the money market funds. However, both dividends and compounding are tools to increase the investors returns in the long run.
The issue of withholding tax on mutual funds applies only when you want to withdraw a certain percentage of the profit accrued.
But if you are to withdraw everything, both interest and initial capital, you will not pay for withholding tax, you will only pay for management fees which is very little.
If a mutual fund doesn't do compounding, I won't invest in it unless the its interest rates beat the 'market'... Lol
Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2018
coolangel54:
Does Stanbic IBTC do it? Seniors who are in the house please help out, this is money matter. I DON TIRE FOR PONZI grin
Of course YES , stanbic does periodic compounding of 100 % of your interests.
Further more, stanbic recently introduced daily compounding up to 7% of interests accrued from selected investment tools in the money market fund.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.