Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? (2514 Views)

Ever Been In This Situation I Find Myself? Pleaa Advice Me :-- / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / How Can I Find A Decent Girlfriend/Wife in the US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by GreyBlood: 1:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Do u feel lonely? Do u feel neglected? Nobody cares much about you or understands you? Your friends are far apart and are better off than you are? Girls don't seem to be interested in you? Are you having little or no money? Did you lose a loved one?
These are the likely situations that brew the lacklustre feelings we do experience.

Dear, you are not alone, most people do experience such when one of the above situations presents itself and the solution lies on how we manage it. This may also be as a result of your transition from "teenagehood" into adulthood.

My opinion, don't take it hard on yourself; build your confidence. You might consider going out more, try making new friends especially funny ones that can make you laugh. You might try joining some groups, sports group(like playing football etc), religious group in ur church or mosque, practise the habit of arms giving (it gives great joy to help others) and most importantly don't ever stay idle or lonely. Remain Blessed.
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by ERCROSS(m): 1:40am On Sep 22, 2014
ammyluv2002: Slowly depression sets in....you have to fight back, don't let the devil to win! Try as much as possible to be in the presence of God, He can help you find your life meaningful. Try and hang out with 'good' friends, those that have your interest at heart and genuinely wish you well.
I guess, at your age is not strange to experience such but if you are not very careful this phase can destory your life and thatz why you really need to fight back and don't give up.
Sistet lee
Must u drag the devil into this.
Na jejeh the guy sidown wey u dey lie against him soo...
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by GreyBlood: 1:46am On Sep 22, 2014
cool
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by tuwayz(m): 8:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Pdizzle:

Come out of your shell brother, talk to someone who will take interest and assist you in getting help, i see so many others on this thread claiming to be depressed, please get help. Depression leads to suicide, tho it can easily be treated but the biggest problem is the patient admitting they are depressed and coming out for help. And for the brother saying we can sleep someday and not wake up, we are all living to die, make most of the time here, loosing a loved one is really bad, yall should talk to a relative.

I don't even know who to talk to that will understand how I feel, its either I don't trust you or I don't want to bother you with my problems
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by lawrenceunaa: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Chukkasy: if all these things you listed don't interest you, then you're doomed.......... my advice is that you drink poison or locate the nearest transformer
see ya mouth y u no go illustrate hw to hug transformef for am undecided
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2014
herald9: Op... It's definitely depression … Being depressed can make you feel helpless.
You're not alone...it happens to most of us , but there's a lot you can do on your
own to fight back. Changing your behavior --
your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your
way of thinking -- are all natural depression
treatments.
These tips can help you feel better -- starting
right now.

1. Get in a routine.

2. Set goals.

3. Exercise .

4. Eat healthy.

5. Get enough sleep.

And try to be social... Depression crawls in when you exempt yourself from your friends....

Try walking around and taking in your environment...
Avoid music that inspire suicide....

I recommend Owl City for you.....

Just remember It's not only you...there are thousands of us that feels thesame...
with God's help you shall make it through.... smiley
nice one dearie

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by JustCare: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
hungryboy: I feel that way too bro,from making money, having a new girlfriend, my team winning a tough match, getting myself a new phone, this were things that made me happy once, ever since i came to the realisation that i could sleep one day and fail to wake up the next day, that death doesn't give a damn whether u are a teenager, that one day i'll no longer be able to make some silly comments here cos am no more, life was no fun to me no longer, in life happiness is temporary, sadness is permanent
sadness can't be permanent dear. i can see deep into your spirit...questions are streaming in which are left unanswered. if you can be able to grasp the knowledge of creation aright then all these would be a bygone. Do you have interest in reading books in this regard?
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Pdizzle(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
tuwayz: I don't even know who to talk to that will understand how I feel, its either I don't trust you or I don't want to bother you with my problems

Talk to your siblings or parents, if there is no one try to get contact of a psychiatrist, that will be better. Also Google books on how to treat depression , you'll be fine, just open up
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by ideee03(f): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
That's harsh...please mind the kind of advise you give someone feeling depressed. This is an online forum, u do not know what the next person is on the verge of doing.

@ OP be cheerful,a merry heart doeth great wonders. Pick up interest in something good and try not to be alone most times.
Chukkasy: if all these things you listed don't interest you, then you're doomed.......... my advice is that you drink poison or locate the nearest transformer
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by tuwayz(m): 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pdizzle:

Talk to your siblings or parents, if there is no one try to get contact of a psychiatrist, that will be better. Also Google books on how to treat depression , you'll be fine, just open up
ok thank you very much
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by ideee03(f): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
grin smh, the last picture is crazy.
Charles4075: Op, choose any of these.
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by iluvweed(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2014
shockwave91: i think you can try some weed. Wonder what iluvweed would say about this.

You guessed it...OP should just start smoking some good weed.... grin...Trust me, life will start looking good from all angles!

Thank me later.... wink
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Chukkasy(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2014
AfricanApple: Haba, dat was cruel. d boy is in dire need of good advice, see what u wrote
nothing interests the guy again na
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by jennylove7575(f): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
At 19 you feel that way, hmmm...you are a very unhappy person. I do not think you are getting enough love at home. Your mum is your problem. I don't think you have a good relationship with your mum. Because if u do, she would have been the first to notice and act swiftly to help you out of this your emotional troubled period...do you have a girlfriend?
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2014
bossanmayor: Why do I find nothing in my life interesting?
I used to love sports, reading, video games, music, pretty much
everything! And now... I have no interest, I have quit almost all my
sports, I can't even concentrate on reading, video games now bore me
most of the time, and I really have no interest in much of anything.
Music is the only thing that's really stuck with me. But I also feel as if
there is a hole in my life, something I'm missing. Is it people? I don't
have many super close friends, but I get along with people well
enough. Is it love? I know that may sound kind of stupid but there you
have it. I'm slightly awkward socially. I know my family does and all,
but that's because we are, well, family. I just need some advice on
what it may be that I'm missing out on or how to rebuild my interest.
And this is my second year of feeling this way (I'm 19). A psychiatrist
once told me I'm depressed, and to be honest I feel that way a lot.
How do I change this? What should I be doing differently? I know this
is a question that requires probably more information about myself,
but I feel like I need some kind of assistance.
the only reason am reply'n is cos,I culd feel ur post like its real...post can be felt and u need help,honestly...if u donot get the help nw,wen u get to cross 22,u gona be in a mess difficult to pull out from...only u and ursef know wat ur issues are,am vri sure u avnt given us d full details of why u feel dis way...only u can get ursef out of dis issue cos nobody,nt even a Nigerian Psychiatrist can help u until u get true to ursef bro...forget abt all d fools* on ere tryn to make u feel even worse-off...u far better dan some of dem who only come ere to get solace from insultn others...U av to Make new friends,let d old 1ce who donot av ur time be...Go after Female pals(good),most times u can trust them and their advice in a way pushes up ur hopes and esteem...U still a Very young man and u av even tasted d sweet part of life,so fyt watever is holdn u baq...Get up,and make d best part of ur life worth it so smtime in d future,u can laugh at d devil for been so foolish coming to test U... Its Well,Brother... smiley this will surely pass u by
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Missonas(f): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2014
Coming out alone is a bold step.The question is are you happy?Interests vary and can change that's not unusual.If you feel within yourself that you need help then engage yourself in social and community stuffs, make friends just put yourself out there.Also do the things that you love sides the ones you've listed, travel, change your environment.Do not spend time alone often.There are lots of things to explore at just 19.Yes, you are becoming a man do not get matured before you mature so that mid life crisis won't set in later.Even depression is easier cured when you start treatment early. All the best!
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
iluvweed:

You guessed it...OP should just start smoking some good weed.... grin...Trust me, life will start looking good from all angles!

Thank me later.... wink

yes boss....i'm testament to dat grin
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by bossanmayor(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
guys I really feel ,Ok now tanks,appreciate
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by napaj: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Charles4075: Op, choose any of these.
YOU ARE JUST SOOOO NAUGHTY!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rape Zone / Possible Reasons Why You Have Remained Mugu To Women!!! / His Wife And The Surprising Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.