Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Is Marriage Sweet? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Sweet? (3332 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Sweet? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2014
A friend of mine coming back from the UK is
getting married soon and he asked me a question. He asked: "Is marriage sweet"? See my responses below and perhaps we could learn a thing or two:
It is not totally sweet but it can be sweet. Anyone that says its sweet is a messed up
liar.
It is challenging.
A lot of responsibilities will rest on the man.
To make sure the home is peaceful
To make sure the love grows
To provide for the family
To ensure that everything is under control
All, "ALL" women will change after marriage but you should be matured enough to understand that reality has set in and you guys are no more dating. Try to adapt and make sure the marriage is still sweet atleast 80 percent of the time.

The change I'm saying is not a bad change
but she will become a lot more of herself and
you will become more of yourself. The one
your family knows you guys for. Not in a bad way but as a true her and she will start seeing the true you.

Three things that can diminish love from
experience:
1) Issues with money
2) Issues with sex
3) Arguments (when u can't keep the house
under control) not as a military but as a
leader.
Did I do justice to tell him reality?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 22, 2014
Marriage is what you both make it to be.
I disagree with the 'not totally sweet' part
Challenges don't mean bitterness-it means CHALLENGES
When you're both of the same mindset, you'll still find sweetness in your challenges.
So yeah, I believe marriage can be totally sweet.

And the responsibilities lie with both of them, not the man only.
The use of words like 'all' is not my style, but yeah, I believe in marriage, people get more comfortable with each other.

Tell your friend to man-up and do the needful, I wish him the best cool

8 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by SirAweezy(m): 1:32am On Sep 22, 2014
Don't go into marraige and expect all to be rosy,

Our tolerance level has limit which is what makes us different and also set in conflict between couple.

Happiness in marriage largely depends on the man, (not forgeting the woman's role). Because a man will like to always remind himself abt his EGO if he finds something wrong with the woman and controlling himself will go along way to understanding the woman and automatically teaching the woman some life principles, e.g: if you have a nagging wife; a man who cannot tolerate a nagging woman will always not enjoy their union, but if he can tolorate more with time the woman will grow up.

2ndly most men have insatiable wants, and therefore setting in trouble in other to frustrate the woman at home, just to get an excuse for their promiscuity, with time more trouble sets in, and the marraige becomes abusive, history eventaully.

My major point is that women are like babies sometimes they seems very wicked, selfish and heartless, but seriously they are still very weak. With time they grow and realize so many mistakes they've made.

Now, I'm not saying you've got to get killed by one b4 you realize you needed to have run o. Lol.

But let's try and forgive them sometimes, because staying in marraige depends largely on the man who is the Driver.

Tell your friend to build his marraige on God's foundation, trust, tolerance and patience it will be unending happiness.
#Forgivemytypos.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 22, 2014
Sweet can't describe it ................hmmmm so many factors to consider...............marriage has a bitter-sweet/sweet-bitter taste.[b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by LewsTherin: 6:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Yes. Marriage can be sweet. (Mine is, anyways). Challanges are challanges. Nothing more. I've had issues in my marriage - ill health, loss of jobs, family challanges from both sides and so on and so forth. I have been mad with my Lady, been sad cos of things she does and vise versa. But in all of that, I would not live any other way. Matriage is not even bitter-sweet to me. It's been great. Full stop.

It's a choice. You can choose to have a sweet marriage or you can choose to endure. It's a choice. But it's a choice that both parties need to make.

1. Discuss your goals (BEFORE MARRIAGE OH) What do you both desire to have, how do you both desire to live? Give some of yours, take some of his. But reach a mutually agreed balance. My Lady wanted children from the second year. I wanted from the fifth year. We compromised to our third year. Write it down even. My Lady and I have a book where our goals and plans are written and we go through said book periodically to ensure we are on track.

2. Make excuses for the other person. When she does something annoying or wrong or whatever, make an excuse for her. Blame it on PMS, alcohol, alien abduction, anything! Don't hold it out on her. That way you get over it quickly, forgive her and make up. Explain to her how said thing made you feel and how you would rather have it. But DO NOT HOLD IT AGAINST HER. Same goes the other way.

3. Don't be too busy for each other. My Lady and I run a business together. Seems we cannot be too busy for each other, but it does happen. It means we are both stressed out at the same time everytime. Not good. So we selected a date night where we go out together for dinner, or a movie or something.

4. Keep mutual friends and be aware of the other party's friends. Don't keep your friends away from each other. When your man is going to see his boys, you can drop in, you know who they are and they know you. Don't vex cos he's going out without you. Some breathing space now and then never hurt.

5. Do not keep anything from each other. No secrets. This can be difficult especially if you are planning a surprise party or something. But as much as possible, don't keep things from each other.

6. Trust him. Trust her. If you don't, why get married in the first place?

There is more. There's always more. But these steps will make a huge difference. Trust me.

8 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Marriage is hard work sha but Most days are really sweet.. It has its ups and downs. I love it ...

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by TV01(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2014
alutacontinua: Marriage is what you both make it to be.
I disagree with the 'not totally sweet' part
Challenges don't mean bitterness-it means CHALLENGES
When you're both of the same mindset, you'll still find sweetness in your challenges.
So yeah, I believe marriage can be totally sweet.

And the responsibilities lie with both of them, not the man only.
The use of words like 'all' is not my style, but yeah, I believe in marriage, people get more comfortable with each other.

Tell your friend to man-up and do the needful, I wish him the best cool

Who is this? And what have you done with Aluta sad?
Mods, Supermods, CIA, Interpol, please launch an investigation. Someone has compromised Alutas account.

No way our Aluta would pen something so deep (and so brief cheesy)...This is most certainly not Aluta...I mean, could it be..is it? Aluta? Liked and endorsed. Plagiarised sef grin!

TV
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Mintayo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
Marriage is very sweet,depending on your mindset though!
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by bukatyne(f): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
@OP:

Marriage is what you and your spouse (in this case your friend) make of it

It is like a garden; what you sow is what you reap

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by JEITO: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
trust me when I tell you, that marriage is one of the sweetest tins in life cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
TV01:

Who is this? And what have you done with Aluta sad?
Mods, Supermods, CIA, Interpol, please launch an investigation. Someone has compromised Alutas account.

No way our Aluta would pen something so deep (and so brief cheesy)...This is most certainly not Aluta...I mean, could it be..is it? Aluta? Liked and endorsed. Plagiarised sef grin!

TV

Lmaoooooooo cheesy
Thunder fire your yansh angry
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by emeraldoe(f): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Marriage is how u want it to be; sweet or bitter
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by NoQualms1(f): 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP, How can you say all women change after getting married? The men nko? Anyone can change anytime. Change is the only constant thing in life.

Just pray you both have the same mindset. It will work if you both work at it.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by beeevan: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abide by set rules you copied from peeps, parents and others, then marriage did be hellish. Challenges will always come but for the most part, you did wanna cuddle your spouse and tell em they are the best decision you ever made ( forget it if you end up with an end time spouse) .
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Marriage is not a bed of roses. It is sweet and at the same time bitter.
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 3:57am On Sep 23, 2014
Marriage can NEVER be sweet if you are married to a NIGERIAN or an AFRICAN!
Na work. . . .and MANAGEMENT! grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kanwulia: Marriage can NEVER be sweet if you are married to a NIGERIAN or an AFRICAN!
Na work. . . .and MANAGEMENT! grin

grin, grin, grin, grin

You should know by now that you are popular in this forum.

So, don't be surprised by my gestures.

grin
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
iebanehita:

grin, grin, grin, grin

You should know by now that you are popular in this forum.

So, don't be surprised by my gestures.

grin

You bet your sweet deeeek! grin
Abi na lie I tok? cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kanwulia:

You bet your sweet deeeek! grin
Abi na lie I tok? cheesy

Yes dear.
Na lie you talk tongue
How long have you lived in Nigeria or any African country?

Even if a thread is open on a daily basis on nairaland on cheating spouse/partner and breaking marriages, some marriages are standing on a solid rock!

No shaking!!!

And how do you know my deeeek is sweet? grin
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
iebanehita:

Yes dear.
Na lie you talk tongue
How long have you lived in Nigeria or any African country?

Even if a thread is open on a daily basis on nairaland on cheating spouse/partner and breaking marriages, some marriages are standing on a solid rock!

No shaking!!!

And how do you know my deeeek is sweet? grin

What makes a marriage STAND. . . . is usually worse than what breaks it. . . . All over the world! grin
I can smell a sweeeeeet deeeeeeek anywhere in this world. wink
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kanwulia:

What makes a marriage STAND. . . . is usually worse than what breaks it. . . . All over the world! grin

Hmm... What you trying to say is whatever makes a marriage STAND is far stronger than what would break it?

I can smell a sweeeeeet deeeeeeek anywhere in this world. wink

grin grin
You bet!
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
iebanehita:
Hmm... What you trying to say is whatever makes a marriage STAND is far stronger than what would break it?
grin grin
You bet!

Oh no!
Na POVERTY AND FEAR dey make NIGERIAN/FRICAN WOMEN tanda for marriage o!
Not love! cheesy
Dem get freedom of CHOICE? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by sexymoma(f): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Marriage is sweet when you get married to someone who understands you better, someone who accept your flaws, someone who blivs you aren`t perfect. angry I'm not saying it gonna be all rosy o kiss buh marriage sweet.
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

Oh no!
Na POVERTY AND FEAR dey make NIGERIANS/AFRICANS tanga for marriage o!
Not love! cheesy

Hmm.....
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by tunnath: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
Is it legally for a male to get married at age 23
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
iebanehita:

Hmm.....

If women were independent ALL OVER AFRICA. . . . They would remain single for life!!!!

Check out NOLLYWOOD starlets for starters! smiley
Even those that are married live apart for the most part! grin
Who want suffer-head? grin

Okonjo-Iweala nor marry? lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by rotwailler(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
MTN Bundle plans

250mb....300
500mb.....600
1gig.....1200

whatsapp me on 07066586998
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

If women were independent ALL OVER AFRICA. . . . They would remain single for life!!!!

Check out NOLLYWOOD starlets for starters! smiley
Even those that are married live apart for the most part! grin
Who want suffer-head? grin

Okonjo-Iweala nor marry? lipsrsealed

Nolly wood starlets should just engage in open marriage sef lipsrsealed *Will Smith comes to mind*

But not all stay and endure in marriages cz of the factors you mentioned.

Some ENJOYED and are enjoying their marriages. The challenges makes it enjoyable.
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by Kanwulia: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
iebanehita:

Nolly wood starlets should just engage in open marriage sef lipsrsealed *Will Smith comes to mind*

But not all stay and endure in marriages cz of the factors you mentioned.

Some ENJOYED and are enjoying their marriages. The challenges makes it enjoyable.

Of course!
The reason you have songs like 'SUFFERING AND SMILING'! wink
Re: Is Marriage Sweet? by iebanehita(m): 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kanwulia:

Of course!
The reason you have songs like 'SUFFERING AND SMILING'! wink

Na wa oh..

You just belive that couples can't enjoy their marriages.

You trying to discourage the youths? *me*

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways You Are Being Unfaithful To Your Spouse — And You Don't Even Know It / I Don't Love My Husband Anymore! / Flat Tummy Without Exercise? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.