Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? (3742 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Proffdada:
you see, your confusion still reeks , I didn't say religion, I said RELIGIOUS GROUPS. Christians are different from these because of our encounter with Christ. religious groups only worship their deities from vagueness. But when you get close to Jesus Christ you will know what a LIVING God is

Definite religion. Define Christianity.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 23, 2014
Dolemite, you've been sighted.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 23, 2014
texanomaly, you're an American, active on a nigerian forum. That, I don't understand. What's the connection?
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

Kai madam Dolemite you no try 4 us jare. Are you trying to say that statistically speaking most of my atheist brothers wooh-wooh? Explain yourself o. These are the kind of statements make me check display picture. You hot no be small sha.

A true christian won't marry an atheist. They think we're all blind fools. And again, our own atheist bible says "do not be unequally yorked with believers" tongue. Thinkam, there will be a lot of clashes, eg child rearing, what will you teach your kids, creationism or big bang/abiogenesis? Bigotry or freethinking?

Atheists using big big words they cannot articulate. I'm interested in knowing what exactly you wish to teach your kids about abiogenesis. Even biology professors are not wasting time with such a subject.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Proffdada: 5:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

Definite religion. Define Christianity.
according to Wikipedia : Christianity (from the Ancient Greek word
Χριστός, Christos, a translation of the Hebrew
מָשִׁיחַ , Māšîăḥ, meaning "the anointed one", [1]
together with the Latin suffixes -ian and -itas )
is an Abrahamic , monotheistic [2] religion
based on the life and oral teachings of Jesus
of Nazareth as presented in the New
Testament . Christianity is the world's largest
religion , [3][4] with approximately 2.2 billion
adherents, known as Christians . [5][6][7][8]
Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Son
of God , fully divine and fully human , and the
saviour of humanity whose coming was
prophesied in the Old Testament.
Consequently, Christians refer to Jesus as
Christ or the Messiah .

But you can experience true Christianity when you have personal relationship with Christ
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Proffdada:
according to Wikipedia : Christianity (from the Ancient Greek word
Χριστός, Christos, a translation of the Hebrew
מָשִׁיחַ , Māšîăḥ, meaning "the anointed one", [1]
together with the Latin suffixes -ian and -itas )
is an Abrahamic , monotheistic [2] religion
based on the life and oral teachings of Jesus
of Nazareth as presented in the New
Testament . Christianity is the world's largest
religion , [3][4] with approximately 2.2 billion
adherents, known as Christians . [5][6][7][8]
Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Son
of God , fully divine and fully human , and the
saviour of humanity whose coming was
prophesied in the Old Testament.
Consequently, Christians refer to Jesus as
Christ or the Messiah .

But you can experience true Christianity when you have personal relationship with Christ

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

Atheists using big big words they cannot articulate. I'm interested in knowing what exactly you wish to teach your kids about abiogenesis. Even biology professors are not wasting time with such a subject.

I personally wouldn't probably teach them that. Sunday school with its stories/tales is kinda cute, I had a swell time there grin Maybe they'll go, maybe not...but for me parenthood is a long shot away so I think I have enough time to figure what kind of things I want to teach my children. The most important thing I think is to groom them to have an open thinking mind of their own. To know both sides of the story and choose which one makes the most sense to them. Once they can make their own decision and they choose to be Christians, voila! If Buddhists, great! Atheists, fine!

What do you teach your kids davidylan?
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

I personally wouldn't probably teach them that. Sunday school with its stories/tales is kinda cute, I had a swell time there grin Maybe they'll go, maybe not...but for me parenthood is a long shot away so I think I have enough time to figure what kind of things I want to teach my children. The most important thing I think is to groom them to have an open thinking mind of their own. To know both sides of the story and choose which one makes the most sense to them. Once they can make their own decision and they choose to be Christians, voila! If Buddhists, great! Atheists, fine!

What do you teach your kids davidylan?

I'm not sure what all the rambling is about. You mentioned abiogenesis as one of the things to teach your kids, i asked you what exactly you intend to tell them about that and you're here telling me about cute sunday school stories? I think many of you younger "atheists" are simply unserious and intellectually lazy. You have no idea what theories you subscribe to other than the fact that you think someone smarter than you parrots them too.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by tpia1: 5:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Dolemite: it's hard to find a good looking guy who isn't a Christian

you're just trying to draw site traffic i suppose?

the place does seem slow these days.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 23, 2014
davidylan:

I'm not sure what all the rambling is about. You mentioned abiogenesis as one of the things to teach your kids, i asked you what exactly you intend to tell them about that and you're here telling me about cute sunday school stories? I think many of you younger "atheists" are simply unserious and intellectually lazy. You have no idea what theories you subscribe to other than the fact that you think someone smarter than you parrots them too.

Let's not run ahead of ourselves here. It was a part of a question I was asking someone else. I didn't explicitly say I was going to teach my kids anything as you're implying. Neither abiogenesis or "cute sunday school stories". About the being lazy and unserious, speaking for myself though (and not necessarily representing all younger atheists), I'd say I'm still learning and investigating stuff with an open mind, without yet drawing definitive conclusions about most things, and if you term that as intellectual laziness, well then.

I'd still be in the secure coziness of Christianity if the bible made the most sense.

Again, I ask, what do you teach your own kids (if you have any)?

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by texanomaly(f): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist: texanomaly, you're an American, active on a nigerian forum. That, I don't understand. What's the connection?

Check the first entry in my diary. "Tex Talk"
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2014
texanomaly:

Check the first entry in my diary. "Tex Talk"

Ohh. Got it. So, have you attained your "pidgin dominance"?
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by zyzxx(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Dolemite: As an atheist can you marry a Christian, especially those of you in Nigeria where most people are religious, when I was a Christian we were warned never to be yoked with unbelievers, and it's hard to find a good looking guy who isn't a Christian, when you tell them you're a non believer they look at you like a devil worshiper. grin

P.S
Does anyone know if Seun Osewa is a believer? because I'm really digging him right now. grin grin kiss kiss
u are jobless and lazy and u want something dat can just give u free will to do anytin u like because ur conscience condems u... Well I won't rebuke u... But time will come, den u will knw d truth and I pray it set u free if not to late shallom.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2014
zyzxx: u are jobless and lazy and u want something dat can just give u free will to do anytin u like because ur conscience condems u... Well I won't rebuke u... But time will come, den u will knw d truth and I pray it set u free if not to late shallom.

Brother, but you don't even know the lady!!
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by PastorOluT(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Kay17:

It is not just about two people co-existing, rather it is a statement you are making about yourself as a Christian and how your religion governs your relationship with other people of different faiths and convictions.

Obviously yes, ow can I board the same boat with one when we headed different direction? There is bound to be conflict.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by PastorOluT(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2014
plaetton:

Just take a look at nature.
Sameness means regression. Diversity means progress. This is manifest in biology, physics, chemistry, psychology and sociology.

Nature favors opposites and diversity.

Infact I can make the argument that the reason sub-sahara Africa lagged behind in progress was because we late in infusion of variety and diversity into our civilizations.

Therefore, your bible is wrong on that count.

Hey man, we talking about marraige, spending the rest of ur life with someone?

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Kay17: 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
PastorOluT:

Obviously yes, ow can I board the same boat with one when we headed different direction? There is bound to be conflict.

Then you should not preach about love.

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by PastorOluT(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kay17:

Then you should not preach about love.

Smile, what do u understand about love, just a feeling of affection u think?
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by ooman(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
People mistake their belief or lack of it for who they really are... religion does not determine the success of a relationship. America has about 95% religious population (only about 5% are atheist/irreligious/agnostic) and still, 50% of marriages end in divorce. That's greater than the total number of all nonbelievers in the country.

What determines success of a relationship is the people involved. So in the end, it doesn't matter if one is an atheist and the other is a believer in some sort of god when it comes to marriages.

Some religious ladies are just good in all aspects (including in bed), some around me knows about my atheism and they don't care. I can definitely pick anyone of those.......

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Kay17: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
PastorOluT:

Smile, what do u understand about love, just a feeling of affection u think?

How can you love someone when you dont respect the person nor tolerate his existence.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by zyzxx(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

Brother, but you don't even know the lady!!
y do i need to no her?

I can justify her by what she wrote up there
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by texanomaly(f): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
zyzxx: u are jobless and lazy and u want something dat can just give u free will to do anytin u like because ur conscience condems u... Well I won't rebuke u... But time will come, den u will knw d truth and I pray it set u free if not to late shallom.

@the bolded

What do you mean? Your entire post is full condemnation.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by texanomaly(f): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

Ohh. Got it. So, have you attained your "pidgin dominance"?
I still dey learn.
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Dolemite(f): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
tpia1:

you're just trying to draw site traffic i suppose?

the place does seem slow these days.

What are you on about? did I post any website address here? I'm just trying to get opinions from like minded people, if you have nothing to contribute move on please. undecided undecided
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Dolemite(f): 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2014

Ugh, here we go again! carry your prayers with you out of my thread please!! this place is for atheists only if you don't mind! undecided undecided
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by texanomaly(f): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Oops... ^^^

*leaves thread*
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Dolemite(f): 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
texanomaly: Oops... ^^^

*leaves thread*

Someone gets the hint, see that? zyzxx angry angry
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Proffdada: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dolemite:

Ugh, here we go again! carry your prayers with you out of my thread please!! this place is for atheists only if you don't mind! undecided undecided
I'm no atheist, should I leave?
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Dolemite(f): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
Proffdada:
I'm no atheist, should I leave?

Will you be nice? grin
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by texanomaly(f): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dolemite:

Will you be nice? grin

Hey! I was nice. angry
Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
texanomaly:

Hey! I was nice. angry

Of course you were. Wish you all the best with your pidgin adventure Tex. Maybe I can learn a few things from you sometime.

1 Like

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by Proffdada: 1:27am On Sep 24, 2014
Dolemite:

Will you be nice? grin
Christ is nice,why won't i?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scientific Miracles In The Quran... / Facts That Stand Against Evolution / You Shall Reap Where You Did Not Sow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.