Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? (3741 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2014
HARTZIV:

why should there be a section for atheists?
Why? So that atheists can share their thoughts and rub mind without needing to create threads on other sections.
HARTZIV:

having a subsection for atheists in the religion section is like having a subsection for "people how are not into any kind of sport" in the sport section
No, you're wrong, atheism relates to religion by having no believe in religion or the supernatural. It's almost like those anti-tech movement in Transcendence (if you have seen the movie) who are against the application of hi-tech researches for the perils they foresaw i.e. absolute human control and yet still uses technology, only that atheists don't resort to violence and terrorism (though I keep experiencing bitter reactions from non-Nigerian atheists in their website everytime I post there). Likewise atheists have read your so-believed Holy books, studied it, analyzed it, have and will continue to have the placed on platform of criticism based on what they claim and the position they arrogantly assumed.
HARTZIV:

its just complete nonsense
To you and the likes of you, it may be 'nonsense', however if we are to even look at it properly, there shouldn't have been any section for these Abrahamic religions on a site created for blacks (Nigeria) and mostly visited by black Africans, for the simple reason that those religions were imposed on us by Arab jihadists and European missionaries and colonials. Ideally, this website should only have a religion section sub-divided into various types of African believe systems and a atheism section for those who don't subscribe to any of them to battle it out with slavish adherents of Abrahamic religions, just the same an Asian-based website of a Nairaland nature (I suppose, if there is) will have sections for their various Shintoists, Buddhists, Taoists, Confucianists and Hindus followers before conceding any space for any lost oriental with identity crisis who is in love with either of the two bronze age religions of the middle-east. Since it seems Nairaland leans mostly on the money-making side than keeping it real with Africanity, I guess that should reinforce the perception from the outside world to view us as not even worth a third world nation but perhaps a fifth or sixth given our slavish way of thinking, from still clutching hopelessly to the religions of the dead Euro-arab slave masters to President GEJ affirming Islam has nothing to do with terrorism presently on the front page, when he hasn't obviously read Francesco Gabrielli's Mohammed and the Conquests of Islam (which I am currently reading for a second time).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus To Gabriel-doufle-kokou -condom Use, Hotel Management - Leads To Hell Fire / Strange, Unbiblical Practices By T.B Joshua / Abomination !!! Lesbian Sailors Kiss In Navy's Traditional Homecoming Embrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.