Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue (902 Views)

I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me / Pls Advice Me, Where Can I Invest 200000 Naira. / Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by amoscollin(m): 5:06am On Sep 22, 2014
In year 2007,I bought a stock through a stockbroker introduced to me by my church pastor .He bought me Equity shares as at then #20,000.I have forgotten the actually units he bought with that money. Few years later,I gave him another #30000 which he used to buy me another shares (First Bank)of which he later sold to buy me flour Mill.
Since he is a stockbroker,I believe he would be able to manage the assets well which made me not to question him on the buying and selling of the stocks.
In year 2012,some of the dividend cheques came but I was doing my National Youth Corps Service which explains why the dividend cheques went stale. On coming back, I went to the Registrar of those banks and they requested tthat I provide a banker's confirmation of signature which attract a high sum of #5000 .I have not decided yet whether to do it or now cz the amount in the stale dividend cheque is not even up to #300.What should I do about this? Also, have been asking my broker for the past three months on my cscs account which he claimed he cant easily access now.He requested for the alerts that were sent to me when he was buying those shares which I couldn't provide because the phone in which those alerts were was stolen few years back. My question now is how will a stockbroker for that matter wont be able to trace my cscs since I registered with him.Each time I asked him,he always tell me he is busy and that accessing it is difficult.I asked him again few days back only to tell me that he is writing an exam now but will only be free by November ending. Plz what should I do in this kind of situation?
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by bigtt76(f): 5:29am On Sep 22, 2014
Hmmmm ....this looks like a 'one-chance' case o! How can you invest 50K without knowing the number of units bought on your behalf? Do you have any of the share certificates at all? May be you should contact your 'pastor' o! All these over dependence on 'pastors' for this and that done too much o! Pastors too dem like to hammer naaa grin
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by Amthol(m): 6:04am On Sep 22, 2014
I think u need to see with ur broker by all means and request for the status of your investment after u have done this and he is still unable to come out clean then u should start considering legal actions
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by Ezemarcel(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2014
If u really need to verify those stocks then u need banker's confirmation,try and collect it from a bank u have used for atleast six months without which it will not b recieved..,then after collecting it go to the registrar of the last stock u said ur broker bought for u and they will tell u how many units and how many dividend u hv....forget abt ur broker for now
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by amoscollin(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2014
: Here is the conversation between me and the stockbroker.

Me : Then what about the cscs account?
Me: You said I should remind you on that few weeks back
Broker: it wd av bn a lot easy 4 me if u av one of those alert..it wd av indicate d house..anyway..it sd all be sorted out wt tym
Broker: 4 now am very busy
Me:I dont have any of the alert on my phone
Me: Like when should I remind u on it again
Broker : nov.ending dt is when i will av enough tym to sort out my clients issue wt various regs..am writing an exam by nov.
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by AreaFada2: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Come o, this your pastor introduction get as e be.

FYI, with the "mass embrace" of Christianity, most are not trustworthy. It's just a social thing these days to most.

Decades back when preaching on the streets we used to meet honest juju worshippers who would tell you they are happy with juju worship, believe in Supreme God but in the way Christians believe.

Today even devil go dey form holy holy Christian.

Don't tell me you haven't alerted the said pastor yet.

I'm a Christian by the way.
Re: Please Advice Me Ooo My Fellow Nairalander On This Issue by amoscollin(m): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have not alerted him .We are in different state. And locating him will take like two days because he is not always around. When I also asked my broker for the name of his stockbroking firm,here is the answer he gave me "it depends on where i bought 4 yu..which is wat we av bn trying to determine".This statement makes me feel like ,does this man really knw wat he is doing. I think he shud be able to provide any info about his client when requested for at any time rather than telling me that if only I cn provide the alerts sent to me when those shares were bought, it would have been easier to knw.

(1) (Reply)

We Buy Used Vehicle Batteries At De Pavelane Ltd / Ok / 1.8 Meters Outdoor Eco-solvent Printer With Free HP Laptop Computer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.