Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice (13240 Views)

I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me / OIL & GAS FACILITATION Business-please Call / If You Live In America And Are Interested In Business, Please Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
Aԁvicе For An Aѕрiring Young Еntrерrеnеur

please i need advice
Am a young guy of 17 years but seriously in love with business i want to forfeit my education to further my interest in business.my problem is my capital am thinking about getting a loan from the bank with the land and house my late mum left 4 us i.e me and my sis.but i dont know if i should go ahead with this.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by valdubem(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
ԁo not forfеit your еԁucation, it iѕ рaramount.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
but even if i wait till then its still bizness i plan on doing so i tink its beta i start early

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by valdubem(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
At ѕеvеntееn, you arе ѕtill рrеtty young to unԁеrѕtanԁ thе baѕicѕ of buѕinеѕѕ; I aԁviѕе you finiѕh ѕchool. Alѕo avoiԁ taking any loan now.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Negro1: 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Op my advice for u is to further ur eduucation, knowledge is somtin u cnt buy, however u can engage urself in some not-too-time-consuming-business to support urself n ur sis, u can ask for help frm relative.
And like dubem said dnt take a loan.
BTW I love ur courage

5 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by gozie701(m): 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
In the first place,no bank will lend you money at that your age(if you will be truthful with them).Please finish your school,you will still need it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
But thinking of the economy.Am jst realy confused i kinda started breeding dogs last year and i made about 3.5million by december so am thinking of going into it fully i hv cousins whu graduated 4 years ago and they r still at home looking for jobs i just dnt knw what to do anymore(and Steve Job also said d only way to do a good job is doing what you love)am think i love business nd i alxo belive everything in life is all abt taking risks

8 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by gbengalite(m): 1:53am On Jun 09, 2013
I love the Courage...but just watch out fro my comment tommorrow

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
space reserved grin shocked
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abeg! U can leave ur education and do business... Most successful pple of nowadays didnt go to scul... Even if u go to scul, it is only by luck u will get employed cos of nigeria z nw very corrupt and dey dnt give jobs...Ur kindda too young sha... U will need a mature elder by urside... Jst becareful... Trust no1... And be always thoughtful

4 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
I think you should go along and do it provided you have a serious plan on what you are going to do. But remember that you are 17. The way you think now may not be the way you may think in 2 or 3 years time. You need to mature a little before delving into the world of business. Plus the land and house will not run away. You should focus more on improving your knowledge in business like going to business school or something so that when you start your business, you do it right.

To everybody who says he should get a degree: A degree will not put food on his table but doing a business will! How many graduates are out there without jobs after spending 4 or 5 years in university and coming out looking for jobs for 4 or 5 years after. School is not meant for everybody. I commend his way of thinking because some of the richest people I know thought like him from a very young age.

13 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please continue with your studies. It's very important.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by omiobo: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
gozie701: In the first place,no bank will lend you money at that your age(if you will be truthful with them).Please finish your school,you will still need it.

sure! Op go school.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Amya(f): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Education is overrated. If you're done with secondary school you can face business full time! Education mostly always gives you an edge in the job market not necessarily entrepreneurship. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE IT IN BUSINESS, GO RIGHT AHEAD AND DO IT.

P.S- if you start this early, you can become a billionaire in your 20's.

3 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Fogman(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
You are about to make the greatest mistake of your life. Education without business =Failure. Dont even think of using your inheritance for bank loan, you will everly regret it. Because you are an amateur in business and if not careful the loan will go down the drain

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Charlesedet25(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
@op, succezz don't mean u must be educated, goin 2 skul don't mean u ll hav moni, broda follow ur heart #buzinezz, dat may make way 4 u....... Be like Aliko dangote, i heard he didn't even go 2 skul, bt nw u already knw d story
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Don't school start selling groundnut at nearby street
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Chubhie: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
At 17 you still got loads to learn. Go on with your education and while you are at it, find a trusted mentor in the line of business you wish to go into and learn from his experiences.This way, you can also test run the business model in the school environment.You will kill two birds with a stone with this by the time you are done. all the very best.

7 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Kodo19: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Guy if i be u i go jump enter sukul,nd stil cordinate ur biz.

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by sholay2011(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
ehvez: But thinking of the economy.Am jst realy confused i kinda started breeding dogs last year and i made about 3.5million by december so am thinking of going into it fully i hv cousins whu graduated 4 years ago and they r still at home looking for jobs i just dnt knw what to do anymore(and Steve Job also said d only way to do a good job is doing what you love)am think i love business nd i alxo belive everything in life is all abt taking risks
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Les: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bros, if it's business you wanna do, you have my prayers, but Pls, dont take any loan, not as if any bank will give you loan at ur age sha- just like some1 said.

Loan my dad took long ago affected me and still affects me somehow sha.

If u truly made 3.5 mill from breeding dogs, is dat not enough capital to start any business or are you planning to build a refinery?? Guy mellow down, no hurry, dat money is enough to start business....

5 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by likeme(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
I will say go to school, Education is key, There are some people/resources you will have access to that you might not be able to access if you do not go to school.

So far you have started with breeding Dogs, You can as well go and study Vet. Medicine or Animal Husbandry, This will open up your insight to know what goes on behind the scene.

Also going to school should not affect or stop you from running your business alongside.

Going to School will even increase your market base, You will be able to sell to lectures and other fellow students and still earn money and qualification and most importantly the knowledge that you need to run better business.

3 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Image123(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Steve Jobs went to school, don't be lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by quest003: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Charlesedet25: @op, succezz don't mean u must be educated, goin 2 skul don't mean u ll hav moni, broda follow ur heart #buzinezz, dat may make way 4 u....... Be like Aliko dangote, i heard he didn't even go 2 skul, bt nw u already knw d story
dis aliko comment annoys me sha. Who told u he didnt go to school?

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jibbzion(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
If na naija you dey, go enta biznes, buh if na overseas, go school my broda.

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by likeme(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
quest003: dis aliko comment annoys me sha. Who told u he didnt go to school?

It's not fair to mislead people here:
Aliko Dagote went to school, in fact He school outside Nigeria.

Aliko Dangote was born in the northern Nigerian state of Kano on April 10, 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family. His mother Mariya Sanusi Dantata was the granddaughter of legendary Hausa businessman Alhassan Dantata, and his father Mohammed Dangote was Dantata's business associate.
Dangote had an early interest in business: "I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time." he said during an interview. [b]He attended the Al Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt where he studied business,and later returned back to Nigeria [/b]to work with his uncle Sanusi Abdulkadir Dantata who eventually gave him a business loan of =N=500,000 (Naira)when he was just 21 years old.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Lugano(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Point of correction Aliko dangote went to Al Azhar University in Cairo Egypt where he studied business,and later returned back to Nigeria to work with his uncle Sanusi Abdulkadir Dantata who eventually gave him a business loan of =N=500,000 (Naira)when he was just 21 years old.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by gabinogem(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Do what thou wilt /\
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by okomonny(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Further your education and if possible engage in part-time business to support your studies and keep your existing customer if any provided you will not be distracted by the business but education first
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Cuteclem: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
guy try finish secondary school oo if is about university guy go hustle first o cos no job for this country if u don make money u fit dey train urself go university if u don go use dat ur small money take go school finish u no see job dat time sef u kno go even see d money start d business xpirience dough is d best teacher

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jmoore(m): 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
@op, you can do both. >> National Open University of Nigeria gives you the flexibility.

4 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Les: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kodo19: Guy if i be u i go jump enter sukul,nd stil cordinate ur biz.
dat's is not possible or profiting, I've 2 friends dat have business and are both uni students.

1 of them focused on skul and his secretary dried him nonsense, now he focused on business and his gp is greatly reduced, he will have to spend extra years and if possible, pay lecturers, hundreds of thousands of naira to boost his gp.
D 2nd friend got admission but is not even upto one year in skul, he wants to quit due to d stress. In as much as they are very rich, I de pity dem.

OP, some1 once told me dat u cannot put ur two palms inside ur mouth at d same time. But never say never, if you are compatible with business and skul, fine. But i'll simply advice you to do one cos good tings like dem dont come easy!!!

A fool will say 'scatter ol ur eggs in various baskets' but d wise will say 'put ol ur eggs in one basket but WATCH basket' nuff said! cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paint Making Emulsion, Texcote, Oil, Flex And Satin Paint / Think Homewards, Oil Magnet, Prince Eze Tells Anambra Youths / Learn How To Produce Different Types Of Quality Car And Marine [ship] Paints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.