Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States (1803 Views)

Hilarious Pic: When You Get To School And There Is No School / Niger State Extends School Resumption Date To October 10. / Ebola: No Going Back On Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by solaugo(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2014

Pupils in at least 15 states in the country will not return to their classrooms today as directed by the Federal Government.

This is because in most of the states, teachers are insisting that safety measures must be put in place to protect them and their pupils from contracting the deadly Ebola Virus Disease.

In some of the states like Lagos and Ogun, the governments opted not to comply with the September 22 date until necessary Ebola safety kits were put in place in their schools.

Also, the gates of the 104 Unity Schools in the country will be shut from today as their teachers commence an industrial action.

The other states where normal academic activities will not resume are Rivers, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Benue, Niger, Zamfara, Adamawa, Kano, Kwara, Kogi, Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi states.

Teachers in Lagos will be on duty today but pupils will remain at home until October 8.

There had been controversy over the directive by the Federal Government that schools should resume on September 22 since the spread of the Ebola Virus Disease had been contained in the country.

The Nigeria Union of Teachers however ordered its members to shun academic activities until the government provided gadgets in schools to ensure not only their safety but that of their pupils.

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola, after meeting on Sunday with public school headteachers, said the decision was to ensure that schools in the state were safe for both the teachers and their pupils.

He said, “On this issue of resumption, we are on the same side. We are all concerned about safety in the schools.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/ebola-no-school-resumption-today-in-lagos-14-other-states-see-affected-states/
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by egift(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2014
This could have been resolved uniformly if the FG had accept the Oct 10th that all the stakeholders agreed on. We really have a stiff-necked government that conducts their operations on trial by error.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by naijawealthguru(m): 8:23am On Sep 22, 2014
Delaying resumption of students because of Ebola Disease infection will only make sense to me if:
1. Parents can also prevent their wards from going to public places like the market, churches, mosque etc.
2. Government should ensure that parents that allow their children to hock on the rest be arrested since allowing the children to hock on the stress also expose them to likelihood of ebola infection.
3. Teacher and tutors should also stay clear of public places. what is the point of being afraid of resuming school when every now and then, you find them in crowd of people either in the market, party halls, ceremony grounds etc.
We should stop fooling ourselves. the bottom truth is that we are very complacent when it comes to issues of education, ebola or no ebola.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2014
where's my si.lly delta state what's wrong with uduaghan sef..mtcheeew..
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by SilvanusII(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2014
naijawealthguru: Delaying resumption of students because of Ebola Disease infection will only make sense to me if:
1. Parents can also prevent their wards from going to public places like the market, churches, mosque etc.
2. Government should ensure that parents that allow their children to hock on the rest be arrested since allowing the children to hock on the stress also expose them to likelihood of ebola infection.
3. Teacher and tutors should also stay clear of public places. what is the point of being afraid of resuming school when every now and then, you find them in crowd of people either in the market, party halls, ceremony grounds etc.
We should stop fooling ourselves. the bottom truth is that we are very complacent when it comes to issues of education, ebola or no ebola.[/b]

I don't assume you have had children yet. Even if you haven't, how easily have you seen ordinary chicken pox spread aming children FROM SCHOOL *rme Take a seat biko.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by free2ryhme: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2014
naijawealthguru: Delaying resumption of students because of Ebola Disease infection will only make sense to me if:

Whose lives does not revolve around public place or do you conduct you affairs in darkness and total privacy?

And you think say u don make sense when u post fews lines of thoughtlessness!

Abegi go do better thing with ur mb
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Allow them to keep fooling themselves
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2014
The only problem I have with this is the lateness of the directive on the postponing of the resumption date.

What stops the government from deciding earlier,and releasing a memo to that effect.
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by crudedude(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2014
free2ryhme:

Whose lives does not revolve around public place or do you conduct you affairs in darkness and total privacy?

And you think say u don make sense when u post fews lines of thoughtlessness!

Abegi go do better thing with ur mb

Bros you didn't really take any position on the matter though you labeled his as not making much sense.
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Daniel058(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Complete ur list and Make urself FP
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by s3nn2x(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2014
I am the least worried about Ebola or whatever, my own is that we have been given more time to prepare for resumption...Abeg e no easy to pay school fees.
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Richiy(f): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2014
When a government gives directives and it isn't followed, that government has lost its respect. Just like the Nigerian government...smh.
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Daniel058(m): 11:28am On Sep 22, 2014
Ha!! My name na Daniel, weda you call me dan! abi na danny nwanne-nwanne!! Odi OK ka OKE ekere EKE...Some guys believe say WARRI don WOH-WOH even some of them don the pack to OWERRI,because OWELLE don make everything for OWERRI na-aga WERE-WERE...lolz!!
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Boyoboy9(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
I hope Government will not postpone d payment of salaries?
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by QuiverBox(f): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hmmm

Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by vizboy(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
school's in Edo state resumed today

cheap MTN airtime

https://www.nairaland.com/1914616/cheap-mtn-airtime-850-1000
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by chimeluiz: 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
You made a valid point, I must say but transmission in all those places is less likely than in schools where children play freely by holding hands, even going further by sharing water bottles, stationeries e.t.c.

On a lighter note; I usually ignore grammatical blunders but this

naijawealthguru:
angry angry angry

Its hawk biko

Hock ko hock-hogan nii grin grin
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have come to realize, school owners are in so damn a hurry to resume. I see it as personal gain-driven. (Don't quote me if you don't how harmful Ebola is sad)
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by cegxie(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
For me oh.. I don't see anything wrong in schools resuming in states where there has not been a single case of Ebola.. As for the rest states, I concur that until its been certified Ebola free they can desist from resuming as long as the teachers get their monthly pay for staying at home.. After all its not their fault that Ebola visited naija and decided to stay for a while.. Nau na school fees wahala dey worry me sef... Choi e didn't easy oh
Re: Ebola: No School Resumption Today In Lagos, 14 Other States - See List Of States by lawrenceunaa: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
issues of education isn't taken serious in this country.
If FG has interest in nigeria's educational system, ebola kits would have been distributed to all govt approved schools undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Wrong Birth Month In My Birth Certificate And Other Documents. / Tasued Website Hacked / See What LAUTECH Students Did After Dodging An Exam & See What They Got !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.