Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? (13881 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria / Pume Cutoff Mark For Uniben Medicine And Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Joejonah(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
I need the candid opinion of everyone here. my cousin is planning to enroll his 10th jamb examination, come this December. he had been offered some courses like biochemistry, microbiology, medical laboratory and pharmacy too!! he kept rejecting the offer, claiming he is destined to be a medical doctor.

my question is, does medicine and surgery in nigeria worth this hell he is putting himself through??
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2014
What has he been doing at home all this while
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Joejonah(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2014
feran14: What has he been doing at home all this while

apparently nothing!!
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Donfamous(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
U mean ten years, mhen a child in primary 2 would AV finished SS3 by then now. Guess he needs deliverance, shey Na white hair he wan take go school.?

2 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by NuclearWarHead1: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
No sensible person would reject Med lab and Pharmacy in pursuit of an illusive Medicine! He had better have a rethink else he'll discover albeit too late that he had won the war but lost the battle!

3 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by alentyno: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
His thinking faculty needs divine configuration.
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Ekpekus(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
He dey see food eat for house and a place to stay nai make am dey do like that. sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
He needs a divine cane,pankere Emi-mimo.

At times,when the desirable isn't available,the available should become desirable.
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nastydroid(m): 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Laffing in spanish grin I won't be surprise if he end up in a chemist shop

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Ebunadedoyin: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ask him if it's his destiny to write jamb 4 a decade too. If he hasn't done anytin worthwhile within that period, he needs . . .
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Janeify(f): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mehn!this is serious. He rejected the precious pharmacy people are dieing for.it would have been better going to school and writing jamb even if he would write Jamb for 20 years...there are two thing's involved in Nigeria and that is if this doesnt work for me then ama try that,its not about sitting at home and expecting manner to fall from above.It's totally senseless
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Karleb(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
wait a minute...

OK let's assume he got the medicine this time around, he's still gonna stay in school for another 7yrs and the sum of everything equals 17yrs.

17 bleeping years just for medicine undecided angry

Someone seriously need to slap some senses into your cousins head.

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Kunlexic(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cany stop laffing grin grin grin

He don become Jamb regular customer...anoda Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle for Jamb sad

7 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Elxandre(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
my question is how come he couldn't get medicine after 10 attempts?
maybe he should choose a less congested school.
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
he is silly i swear, cant he take d admission nd still be writing jamb?, he wud hv graduated by now and apply for direct entry if he made 2.1, he is a big fool, what if after waitng and finally gets d admission he does not cross 100 l

3 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by alexis007(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
the boy needs a factory-reset-settings slap...that's all!
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Danhumprey: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Karleb: wait a minute...

OK let's assume he got the medicine this time around, he's still gonna stay in school for another 7yrs and the sum of everything equals 17yrs.

17 bleeping years just for medicine undecided angry

Someone seriously need to slap some senses into your cousins head.

But na wetin man pikin go do na? It seem the guy isn't serious with his study or he is being controlled in the spiritual world.
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
Destiny Ko? Destination Ni?
In that 10 year space, the dude coulda done a 4 or 5 year programme,gotten his Bsc,Msc,a PhD & even a bloody job. He's a complete sloth/nutter! Mumu atutupoyoyo. What if he gets the Med Surg and they drop him after his 3rd year ni? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by adeoladrg(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
The fact that he spent 10 years trying to study medicine shows that he's not good enough to. He'll just die frustrated in medical school..

Moreover, Pharmacy is also a first-choice course, no school accepts students into Pharmacy on a second-choice slot or as a substitute for medicine. So saying he rejected Pharmacy isn't logical. Pharmacy isn't an option either, he should just try biology or zoology.. My 2kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by dwilliams: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
I can assure u dat, d guy would spend more than d 7 yrs in sch,because an F automatically makes him repeat dat session,and even without him bagging an F during his study what abt ASUU strike, what about internal strike,D guy needs serious counselling, I wanted 2 die 4 dis same medicine before but after spending about 6yrs at home and my mates where already going for their Msc, Na with clear eyes I take fill Animal science
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by forgotnhero(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
the dream must be achieved! a nigerian legend failed o level exams 9 times, michael faraday failed countless times!

2 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Beennkumar(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
He's not qualified to study medicine. Failing an exam for 10 years is enough reason to see that you're not fit for it.

He's pretty stu.pid though. No offense to him.
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
I failed my first jamb and had to re-sit for it.....i tell ya that one whole year at home was like hell to me cuz i was eager to go to school(though i meet poly cuttoff mark)! How could someone be so silly?@your cousin.....10 bleeping years? OMG......his brain must be displaying "error format memory card" i feel like giving the guy a heavy slap!!
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Joejonah:

apparently nothing!!
then he has no plan for his life
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by mrjudev: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
The guy might be very intelligent and just that he's unlucky to get med sch at first to nineth trial. My bro don't give up if u have the passion for medicine. Man great doctors do not normally get into med sch at first try.
God will be with you. Give your studies more time and dedication and you will succeed.
Well most of you don't know what the young man passes through.I am sure is not happy.
I wrote Jamb 5years before getting into one the Nigeria's great Medic Schl. Today I'm happy. You will be happy some day!

4 Likes

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Elxandre(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
i never advise people to give up their dreams.
but he has to approach this tactfully.
I would suggest he considers applying to a less contested university this time around though.

i hope he is brilliant enough anyways.

please drop by this thread and leave a comment,
www.nairaland.com/1914672/fupres-shambolic-admission-process

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by omicron(m): 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
Whatever he chooses, PLS LET HIM NOT SETTLE FOR MED LAB, PHARMACY OR ANY OTHER CLINICAL COURSE it is such practice that gives rise to JOHESU and all their troubles. When people who want to study medicine settle for 'less', they are never satisfied in their new profession hence the numerous 'doctor wanna-bes'. That alone is the genesis of half the problems in the health sector today.

IF HE DOES NOT GET MEDICINE, please choose any other course apart from JOHESU courses. Architecture, psychology, etc are excellent courses

let those who study paramedical courses be those who actually understand the scope and meaning of such courses, and love them that way, not those who will see it as a make-up to a failed attempt at being a doctor, or as a short cut to becoming a doctor.

No offence to any group, just speaking from 'second hand experiences' cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by samypopson: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Joejonah: I need the candid opinion of everyone here. my cousin is planning to enroll his 10th jamb examination, come this December. he had been offered some courses like biochemistry, microbiology, medical laboratory and pharmacy too!! he kept rejecting the offer, claiming he is destined to be a medical doctor.

my question is, does medicine and surgery in nigeria worth this hell he is putting himself through??
who has been given him d money to register 4 d jamb exams
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Aphex(m): 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
No course z worth ten years of writing JAMB. Bro that's a decade!
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
10 yrs? Wow. And i'm complaining. Maybe it's not something made for you. Sometimes destiny direct us to places we're meant to be, not places we wanna be. As for me, it's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by DrLee(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
nothing is worth 10 years of writing jamb o
Re: Medicine And Surgery, Does It Worth 10years Of Writing Jamb? by Shawl001(m): 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hmmn, this topic got me thinking oooh. Chai, that guy is full patience...infact, he should bear Patience from this day henceforth. This is my candid advice: Do not give up on your dream. Those that are mocking you now will end up celebrating you when you finally make in it life. If God has destined you to be a Medical Doctor, I tell you, nothing can hinder you. Why not ask God if that's what He has destined you to become in life. I pray God reveals your through calling to you in Jesus name...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University / OOU Admissions 2017/2018 Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.