Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? (66928 Views)

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / 7 Ways For Men To Lose Belly Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Closetoheart: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Mothers, please what should I do to lose my belly fat? I had my baby two months ago via vaginal delivery, but my tummy has not gone down to what it used to be. I am even gaining more weight and looking big. I need workable and effective methods to shed my weight and lose the excess fat. Please help o, do not pass me by...lol

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by FynBabe(f): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Its gradual, you won't loose all the fat at once. Eat healthy too. As long as you are still breastfeeding, you won't see much difference but the moment u stop, you would see that there's a great difference.

6 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by blank(f): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
FynBabe: Its gradual, you won't loose all the fat at once. Eat healthy too. As long as you are still breastfeeding, you won't see much difference but the moment u stop, you would see that there's a great difference.

I think the opposite is the case. While you breastfeed, you will lose weight as breastfeeding helps to shed calories. Once you stop, you will start gaining weight unless you moderate your food.

A reason for you not losing weight now is that you are eating too much. You know our mothers like to give us pounded yam, etc cos they say that you need strength to breastfeed. Ditch all of that. Eat fruits and vegetables and then eat carbohydrates and protein once a day in small quantities, you will see the difference. Also, continue with your pre-natal vitamins.

Also, start exercising. Very important. Do sit-ups, skip rope, etc. Be consistent for a month and return with good stories.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by SAMBARRY: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'll give you the traditional method I used. Its painful but radical and fast. However it's not something you will be pitying your body.so what I did after I had my baby was

drink several cups of hot as in blazing hot lipton tea.no milk no sugar.

Eat lots of fruits/vegetables and stay away from minerals e.g coke fanta mirinda limca etc no matter how sexy it looks

no ice cream, candy chocolate etc no matter the urge instead take lots of hot pepper soup to wash away the debris of blood clot etc

exercise very well and tell someone close to you to use severe hot water, soak towel inside and mop your tummy every morning and night after eating. Within 2 months come back and give me testimony.meanwhile no fatty foods o.strictly fruits and vegetables and tea

53 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by AyeeIdris(f): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
madam. some women gain during breastfeeding. others lose. no hard and fast rule. pls do not do anything extreme. whatever u take in or fail to take in will affect your pikin. u will lose the weight in due time. its just 2 months. it took u 9 months togain the weight. it can take that long to lose it too. until then, dont sweat it and enjoy your pikin

25 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by blank(f): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
AyeeIdris: madam. some women gain during breastfeeding. others lose. no hard and fast rule. pls do not do anything extreme. whatever u take in or fail to take in will affect your pikin. u will lose the weight in due time. its just 2 months. it took u 9 months togain the weight. it can take that long to lose it too. until then, dont sweat it and enjoy your pikin

Just the biology of it. Breastfeeding cannot on its own make you add weight. Rather, you must lose weight. The main reason someone doesn't lose weight while breastfeeding is cos they are over-eating.

14 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by misssPepper(f): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Just eat right. Read up, count calories. Breastfeeding burns up roughly 500 calories depending on how old ur baby feeds. Eat about 1800 calories a day and u will lose weight while breastfeeding. Eat more of veggies and protein. Exercise too. Go for a walk 3x a week for 30mins to an hour. U will see results.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by FynBabe(f): 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
I think it is different with individuals. I told her exactly what worked for me. Thanks.
blank:

I think the opposite is the case. While you breastfeed, you will lose weight as breastfeeding helps to shed calories. Once you stop, you will start gaining weight unless you moderate your food.

A reason for you not losing weight now is that you are eating too much. You know our mothers like to give us pounded yam, etc cos they say that you need strength to breastfeed. Ditch all of that. Eat fruits and vegetables and then eat carbohydrates and protein once a day in small quantities, you will see the difference. Also, continue with your pre-natal vitamins.

Also, start exercising. Very important. Do sit-ups, skip rope, etc. Be consistent for a month and return with good stories.

4 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Still battling with mine... cry

1 Like

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by beeevan: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sit up isn't advisable for now as your abdominal walls are quite fragile, Google it and see what you can find about what I said, just moderate your feeding for now and cut off as much carbs as you can.

Do this in place of sit up, lie on your back, with your hands by your side, raise a leg and draw 10 to 20 imaginary circles with it, do this to the other leg, continue till you are tired. Mild but helpful, this way you won't hurt your muscles as the gap across your abdominal walls will still be obvious at this time.

Lie on your back, raise yourself slightly and feel this gap am talking of, the muscles opens like a zip to accommodate the growing foetus, so sitting up now might ruin this delicate muscles. Sorry I don't know their medical terms embarassed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
blank:

Just the biology of it. Breastfeeding cannot on its own make you add weight. Rather, you must lose weight. The main reason someone doesn't lose weight while breastfeeding is cos they are over-eating.
but most women add weight during breastfeeding. It depends on the body system anyway.

@post,I think your mum should tell you what to do to shed the belly fat. She knows better.

1 Like

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by aderonila18: 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
berem: but most women add weight during breastfeeding. It depends on the body system anyway.

@post,I think your mum should tell you what to do to shed the belly fat. She knows better.

Scientifically if a woman isn't overrating while breast feeding she should lose weight since it helps you burn calories. The problem is a lot of women start eat too much when breast feeding since they feel like te baby is taking a lot of it so one just needs to watch it . Obviously our metabolism rates are difference but if you can just count you calories and make sure you're not taking more than the recommended daily amount you will loss weight since breast feeding will help you burn some of those calories.

4 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Hotstepper(f): 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Peoples body differs. When I had my son, after 1 week, my tummy went back to being flat. My daughter will be 1 month tomorrow and my tummy became flat just a lil after 1 week. I do not anything and trust me I eat alot lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by CharlieMaria(m): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Burst the belle. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by ayusco85(m): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Closetoheart: Mothers, please what should I do to lose my belly fat? I had my baby two months ago via vaginal delivery, but my tummy has not gone down to what it used to be. I am even gaining more weight and looking big. I need workable and effective methods to shed my weight and lose the excess fat. Please help o, do not pass me by...lol

Well u have come to the right place. This has worked for many. This the best way to burn belly fat

Thank me later...................

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by gbaskiboy: 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Use warm water to massage it thoroughly with Aboniki Balm

Drink enoff shepe to burn fat in ur belly

Do exercise often

Avoid eating junk food

Hope my health tips gonna work for u

4 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Blazing99: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
Working out and eating less starch.

2 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Easiest way grin

3 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by onlymase(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Great abs workout - I have just completed 6th workout day with Caynax A6W app. Give it a try and get perfect abs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.caynax.a6w
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by phransix147(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Wish u all Momma's speedy recovery...

2 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Babyboy1986(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ok.
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
Exactly,it depends on your body and hormones? Are you on any birth control pills/method? It's number one side effect is making one add a lot of weight,plus,if you're strong enough,get a body magic,one a size smaller than you,try it for just two weeks-a month, that was what I did,my looks and shape matter to me a lot,so I did a lot of work,like sambarry said,no fattening foods, but eat healthy especially if you're still breastfeeding, try the hot water/lime thing, it really works,but,note that if you're still breastfeeding, lime isn't too good for your baby. ...try to do sit ups too,you still have time to do all this and get results,but once your is healed and return back to its normal position,everything might just heal all up,and your tummy might just remain flabby and look like you're 4months pregnant.
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by tochilastborn(m): 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
I AM NOT ANTI-WOMEN OR ANYTHING NEAR THAT,but I WISH TO SAY THAT POST-DELIVERY BELLY FAT IS A NUISANCE TO BEAUTY .

I can't imagine women wearing their skirt on their tummy instead of the waist.its appalling.

Gals,mothers,future mothers and celibates alike make una put head togeda find solution to this GULDER BELLE after delivery

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
Few women can keep up with it o! cheesy
onlymase: Great abs workout - I have just completed 6th workout day with Caynax A6W app. Give it a try and get perfect abs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.caynax.a6w
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by alotofgrace(m): 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
help on the way.....

eat early before night fall
exercise well
avoid junksssssssssssssssssssssssss.....kfc, fowl republic, mr. smalls, bitter sensation, tantabusters.....

lastly, google = ur fwend wink

8 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Good to know women still care abt losing belly fat smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Onegai(f): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
A friend of mine can see her stomach muscles, she's in her mid-30s, another too. They eat healthy and work out like crazy. Run, join a dance class, even better pay one of these street trainers (those guys exercising) to train you and a couple of friends at a close-by field. They show no mercy, so it will be grueling. Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Lilimax(f): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Eat less and do simple aerobics smiley It works!

3 Likes

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by instinctx: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Use belle belt
Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
The article below might help..(link below).

How to reduce Belly fat

Excerpt...

The Belly Fat Plan

The fix lies in replacing the sugar and starch with fiber and raising the protein while normalizing the fat. The foods with the highest ratio of fiber relative to starch are vegetables (beans, corn and potatoes are considered starch, especially when trying to lose fat), and foods highest in protein are eggs, and all lean cuts of meat. While cheese and yogurt are also high in protein, they can add to the fat and sugar burden, so use dairy foods in small amounts.
For exercise, make your dominant form of activity fast-paced metabolically demanding weight training. Weight training done the right way is better at burning fat, balancing hormones and is great for your heart.

Breakfast -- eggs and 10 bites or less of starch
Snack -- tuna and veggies
Lunch -- salad with chicken on top
Snack -- apple and a handful of almonds
Dinner -- steak, double veggies and 10 bites or less of starch

1 Like

Re: Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? by niggereyez(f): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
ayam hia 2 read what d guyz comment. .. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother / Glynn Wolfe: The World's Most Married Man / Mother Sees Nude Lady On Cartoon Network (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.