Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

The Mother-in-law Syndrome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mother-in-law Syndrome (1337 Views)

Describe This Mother In One Word 18+ Pic / A Lady's Response To The Thread On Come To My House Syndrome / The Mother Is Supplying Me Provision, But Now See What The Daughter Did 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mother-in-law Syndrome by rafeelly(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
I was at a wedding over the weekend with a couple of friends and a friend of mine girlfriend was telling her friends that she can never marry a guy whose mother is still alive.. I was taken aback with such statement... and I confronted her.. so u can not marry my friend except his mother dies.. she was speechless so I asked her what if your brothers girlfriend wish ur mother dies before they married your brother?? she picked an offense. I didn't even tell my friend about d incident...

This got me thinking.. what is it with ladies and mother -in-laws

are there not marriages where the mother-in-law and wife are in good terms
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by Tallesty1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
You asked good question.

She is among the type that talk before they think.
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by naijaboiy: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
such a shallow thinker...

It's her type that must have generalised that all mother-in laws are a pain in the A$$ for wives...this could be based on stories she had heard in the past or even nollywood movies undecided

I don't think that girl is even ready to marry your friend in the first place based on her statement because your friend's mother is still alive undecided

1 Like

Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by Karleb(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
naijaboiy: such a shallow thinker...

It's her type that must have generalised that all mother-in laws are a pain in the A$$ for wives...this could be based on stories, fallacies and tales by moonlight she's heard and even Nollywood the oga parapata undecided

I don't think that girl is even ready to marry your friend in the first place based on her statement because your friend's mother is still alive undecided

Fixed!! wink angry
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by philantoxx(m): 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
maybe if she recalls she would be dead b4 her child gets married too.a rethink might be in d offing.
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by naijaboiy: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Karleb:

Fixed!! wink angry
gringrin
Thanks man cool
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by valmunich(m): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
So such kinda girls still exists
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
When you marry a man....You marry his family....

Since when i was little, I have always added this to my prayer-point....The best thing that can happen to a married woman is if she is loved by her in-laws....

Sometimes they determine if you are gonna stay long in your husband's house...They are gonna be your back-bone when trouble arises...

I pray for the nicest and sweetest mother-in-law...I wanna be a daughter to her....I wanna take her like my mum too....Cos am gonna be someone's mother-in-law someday.....

4 Likes

Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by Jennydoris(f): 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mother in-laws! They are the best thing that can happen to any woman that takes her as her own mum. They can fight for you even when your husband can't, except if you don't want them to. Although some mother in laws can act funny sometimes but when you look at it from a large angle you will find out that all mothers are just the same to a very large extent when it comes to protecting their sons. If you can accommodate your own mother why not your husband's mum. All they need is understanding, forbearance and accommodation. Why should a woman profess love to the husband when you don't have one single likeness for the mother? Its just like drinking the coconut water and hating the coconut that carried the water. It makes no sense. If you're wishing your mother in law death before your arrival to her home that means you're wishing yourself same thing.
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by herzern(m): 1:03am On Jul 28, 2016
rafeelly:
I was at a wedding over the weekend with a couple of friends and a friend of mine girlfriend was telling her friends that she can never marry a guy whose mother is still alive.. I was taken aback with such statement... and I confronted her.. so u can not marry my friend except his mother dies.. she was speechless so I asked her what if your brothers girlfriend wish ur mother dies before they married your brother?? she picked an offense. I didn't even tell my friend about d incident...

This got me thinking.. what is it with ladies and mother -in-laws

are there not marriages where the mother-in-law and wife are in good terms

Oqa....I intentionally mention yhu for dhiz dead thread....please gist a brother...couldn't catch a glimpse
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by rafeelly(m): 1:06am On Jul 28, 2016
herzern:

Oqa....I intentionally mention yhu for dhiz dead thread....please gist a brother...couldn't catch a glimpse
am also waiting for Neyoor to come gist me. i havent logged on since morning, my following nija.boy made me realise there was drama but i couldnt catch anything. waiting on neyoor to update me. let's wait for him
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 28, 2016
herzern:

rafeelly:
am also waiting for Neyoor to come gist me. i havent logged on since morning, my following nija.boy made me realise there was drama but i couldnt catch anything. waiting on neyoor to update me. let's wait for him
rafeelly:

lols! The aggrieved are really pained tonight, we might get banned if we try to discuss anything about them here.
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by rafeelly(m): 1:12am On Jul 28, 2016
Neyoor:

lols! The aggrieved are really pained tonight, we might get banned if we try to discuss anything about them here.
LOL. it's that serious. oga please gist me jare. too bad i dont have an alternate account. if you have an alternate account you could log in with. too many people are following upandan
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by sllay(m): 1:15am On Jul 28, 2016
Maxi112/Senibo1/WarriorPrincess, you bragged openly two days ago that you still have the password to Refiner's email and you'd blackmail her with it. Obviously you mailed KrystalKlear then you took screenshots to blackmail Refiner.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4028540_20160722134104_jpegbf86d024099670e8e6e4bb70df9a3ae2
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by mizzbouqui(f): 1:20am On Jul 28, 2016
I use to think that way when I was In secondary school you know home videos spoilt the view, but how will life be when I get married without my mother-in-law, I mean who will I report my husband to when he misbehaves, who will be calling me 'Iyawo Mi', even when I give birth sef my mother-in-law has to be in our house. They are just the best thing that can happen to a wife but they have their negative aspects too o I won't talk about that, my prayer is that I will have the best mother-in-law in the world when the time comes
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by rafeelly(m): 1:25am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:
I use to think that way when I was In secondary school you know home videos spoilt the view, but how will life be when I get married without my mother-in-law, I mean who will I report my husband to when he misbehaves, who will be calling me 'Iyawo Mi', even when I give birth sef my mother-in-law has to be in our house. They are just the best thing that can happen to a wife but they have their negative aspects too o I won't talk about that, my prayer is that I will have the best mother-in-law in the world when the time comes
if those who wished their mother-in-law dead thought like this life would have been a better place. Amen to your prayers. you look awesomely cute if that's you on your dp wink
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by abioyeolaide(m): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2016
sllay:
Maxi 112/Sen ibo1/Warrior Princess, you bragged openly two days ago that you still have the password to Refin er's email and you'd blackmail her with it. Obviously you mailed KrystalKlear then you took screenshots to blackmail Refiner.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4028540_20160722134104_jpegbf86d024099670e8e6e4bb70df9a3ae2

abeg, who they behind that warrior princess i.d?
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by mizzbouqui(f): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2016
rafeelly:
if those who wished their mother-in-law dead thought like this life would have been a better place. Amen to your prayers. you look awesomely cute if that's you on your dp wink
Thanks embarassed
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by warriorprincess: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
sllay:
Maxi112/Senibo1/WarriorPrincess, you bragged openly two days ago that you still have the password to Refiner's email and you'd blackmail her with it. Obviously you mailed KrystalKlear then you took screenshots to blackmail Refiner.

angry angry

pls wat is my name doing there angry
Re: The Mother-in-law Syndrome by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
@ Op: One of those careless talks when expired Fanta is working... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do / What're The Ways To End A Relationship Peacefully? / List Romance Movies Best For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.