Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

The Plight Of The Northern Child - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Plight Of The Northern Child (11978 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Since 2008 right and some morons will still open their smello mouth to say that GEJ is behind boko haram.

The northern elites formed boko haram in readiness for when a non northerner who will not do their bidding comes into power. Unfortunately their yeye plan has not worked as expected rather they have ended making the north the most hated region in Nigeriam

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by browncool(m): 6:13am On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=Stillfire]To think Northerners have been at the helm of affairs in Nigeria since I was born.
You are taking up arms to kill the Nigerian people that are suffering like you? You are not serious.
You say you took up arms to fight for better lives? So bombing innocent people at motor parks who have chosen to make lemonade out of the diseased lemons Nigeria throws at them is what you call fighting to better your life?
You say Zamfara...now that sounds familiar. Is that not the state that introduced Sharia into secular Nigeria? So you guys were suffering and Senator Yerima who was then governor was more interested in preserving a borrowed religion than your well being? You people are still not serious.
Your way of life is tied around a few being stupendously wealthy and the majority of the populace being subjected to stupendous poverty. In fact you are very very comfortable with this dynamic. This was the method your people used to rule and finish off Nigeria. And it ended up killing off the middle class. The middle class in the South ran away to other countries, that some have not been back in decades. However, Northern students that school abroad, never ever stay back, they go back to Nigeria because a lucrative job is waiting for them by a principality and powerful relative in Nigeria who is holding the country to ransom.

You have spoken nicely and I didn't had to think twice before liking your words
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by curiouses: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2014
And whose fault is it that your state of being up north is in such a pitiable condition?
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Rawani: 6:23am On Sep 23, 2014
curiouses: And whose fault is it that your state of being up north is in such a pitiable condition?

The dolt was referring to his village all along.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by MightySparrow: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2014
I think the northern Nigerian child is born on the wrong side of the globe, Black race itself is the dreg of human community by choice, northern Nigeria is by design. The eyes of the northerners are blinded by their own version of Islam. I once heard an ambassador to Iran on an NTA telecast say, 'You don't marry two women in Iran' Alimony will almost kill any one who divorces his wife.' Northern Muslims would just divorce by saying I divorce you thrice. A Hausa self appointed security man in my friend's compound had four wives on a stipend of #10,000. You see the life of an average northern child how they wander all around asking for alms to sustain them in Quranic school, you will pity them. I can't imaging what they teach them in the writ to submit to? Poverty? Their emirs and political class do not submit to such nor their children.

An average northern child is deceived from cradle to grave. They are told western education is evil, their elites have their wards in the best schools home and abroad.

This fault is not in yourselves dear brother, but in the hand of your leaders.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by thandii1: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2014
Rawani: The OP should have put his points forward as what he feels is the plight of the average rural dweller in Zamfara State, instead of masquerading as a northerner to start another round of north bashing, a NL pastime. The OP could not disclose specifics like the name his rural community or even LGA, yet expects people to take him serious. Look at these statements for Christ's sake:

Now let me tell you OP, your predicament is not different from that of any underprivileged and poverty ravaged rural dweller anywhere in Nigeria. I chuckled at you stating the absence of power in your rural community when some parts of URBAN Nigeria have lacked electricity supply for months. There is no doubt that the absence of western education contributes to the lack of development of the majority of the northern youth, just as the abysmally low standard of education has stifled the potential of the average Nigerian youth and perpetuated the cycle of poverty which stands at about 59% in the best parts and 77% in the worst parts of Nigeria.

Choosing to steal, kill and destroy the lives of innocent Nigerians and blocking any economic opportunities to better the situation you are groaning about, and then blaming the same poverty that exists everywhere in Nigeria in varying degrees for that decision is not only foolish, but myopic and deceitful.

Painting your unfortunate circumstances as a villager in Zamfara and decision to be a blood sucking terrorist, as the plight of the Northern youth, is not only a aberration of logic but a slap on the face of every urban, educated, hardworking, and self-fulfilled contemporary young northerner

Well written

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by UnknownT: 6:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Forgive my french, but this whole write up is nothing but bull sh.it. And dont quote me telling me "u r lucky u r not in his shoes". If the community can afford watching TV in the village square, why wouldn't the brainwashed nothern children aspire to go out to that cities they watch on TV? That is not a reason to take to insurgency. There are rural areas in all the states,tribes and LGs in Nigeria, so they all should take to insurgency cos of government neglect? Bullsh.t!!!!!!! To even think that the Northern elites have been ruling this country since time immemorial? Once more, bullshi.t writeup!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by onyiwest: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2014
fnep2smooth:
i won't be surprise if you blame your frustrated life on jonathan.
common Sense is not that common

why do you sound so pained ? oh i remember you're under his pay roll. your days are numbered
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 23, 2014
It is ridiculous how people keep on tagging northerners as terrorists, enemies of the country.

The exact happens in other parts of nigeria.
Let me tell u from my experience with 2 points

1. the issue of area and warri boys in lagos and warri is not different from kalare boys in the north

They both cause civil disturbance

2. Have u forgoten yhe boys in okene, kogi state with guns? They also go about unleadhing terror on innocwnt civilians
Or is it the niger delta militants that claim they are fighting for their rights but end up causing mayhem different than the boko boys that also claim to be fighting for what yhey want but also end up causing mayhem.

The truth: what happens in the north by the northerners also happen in other part of nigeria by the same inhabitants.

Enough is enough.

Why talk ill of someones culture, religion, or state when u are victim the of similar issue?

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by ugoezeik(m): 6:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Stillfire: To think Northerners have been at the helm of affairs in Nigeria since I was born.
You are taking up arms to kill the Nigerian people that are suffering like you? You are not serious.
You say you took up arms to fight for better lives? So bombing innocent people at motor parks who have chosen to make lemonade out of the diseased lemons Nigeria throws at them is what you call fighting to better your life?
You say Zamfara...now that sounds familiar. Is that not the state that introduced Sharia into secular Nigeria? So you guys were suffering and Senator Yerima who was then governor was more interested in preserving a borrowed religion than your well being? You people are still not serious.
Your way of life is tied around a few being stupendously wealthy and the majority of the populace being subjected to stupendous poverty. In fact you are very very comfortable with this dynamic. This was the method your people used to rule and finish off Nigeria. And it ended up killing off the middle class. The middle class in the South ran away to other countries, that some have not been back in decades. However, Northern students that school abroad, never ever stay back, they go back to Nigeria because a lucrative job is waiting for them by a principality and powerful relative in Nigeria who is holding the country to ransom.

Please ring me up when you are done licking the bum bum of your leaders. When are you going to pelt eggs on Senator Yerima, his predecessors and successors for allowing your state to be in such deplorable conditions? Why can't you hold your governors to ransom instead of the whole country? Naa, according to the intelligence of the average Northerner, the unholy South is to blame, rubbish!

I will judge every damn nigerian, rich or poor. All have contributed to the rot called Nigeria.
may almighty God blez u bro. if to say u de close to me nw na 21 kisses I for giv u bt na 14yrs I de avoid
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Stillfire: To think Northerners have been at the helm of affairs in Nigeria since I was born.

Please ring me up when you are done licking the bum bum of your leaders. When are you going to pelt eggs on Senator Yerima, his predecessors and successors for allowing your state to be in such deplorable conditions? Why can't you hold your governors to ransom instead of the whole country? Naa, according to the intelligence of the average Northerner, the unholy South is to blame, rubbish!

I will judge every damn nigerian, rich or poor. All have contributed to the rot called Nigeria.

WELL said!
IF I add anything na to say GOD bless u kpakam kpakam!
they brainwashed u guys to take up arms against lowclass citizens struggling to make ends meet instead of people that steal from u for decades.
North have more billionaires than any zone in the country and its the zone with the highest level of ILLITERACY, POVERTY, MATERNAL MORTALTY, CHILD DEATH, drug abusers etc
they should learn to to decisive actions on the right quarters, not on hapless and innocent Nigerians like them. we smile even while sufferng cos our BELIEF is nO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2014
onyiwest: this is what happened when you have someone like PGJ running this country....

WHO is PGJ?
SO in ur right sense pgj caused the massive deploration in the north, the almajiri? PGj IS the coordinating minister of Northern states, or na pgj be the governor general of NORTHern states.
talk is cheap, wait buhari is coming n i bet u with my life u wont even have the audacity to open nairaland not to talk of commenting.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Awwal1st(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2014
Where is the real source... stupid post na God go punish the person wey write this post, So by killing people is he really going to make the reality in his Village useless post...
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by jossyspicy: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Start a revolution
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by SirHouloo(m): 7:16am On Sep 23, 2014
He is still very lucky to be brought up in a normal family. I served in Katsina and you need to see the number of Almajiri boys without homes, no source of livelihood, all they relied on were alms and leftover, attimes from dustbin. Do you think it is difficult to recruit such children with just promises of better life?

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by DecemberIV: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2014
Rawani: The OP should have put his points forward as what he feels is the plight of the average rural dweller in Zamfara State, instead of masquerading as a northerner to start another round of north bashing, a NL pastime. The OP could not disclose specifics like the name his rural community or even LGA, yet expects people to take him serious. Look at these statements for Christ's sake:

Now let me tell you OP, your predicament is not different from that of any underprivileged and poverty ravaged rural dweller anywhere in Nigeria. I chuckled at you stating the absence of power in your rural community when some parts of URBAN Nigeria have lacked electricity supply for months. There is no doubt that the absence of western education contributes to the lack of development of the majority of the northern youth, just as the abysmally low standard of education has stifled the potential of the average Nigerian youth and perpetuated the cycle of poverty which stands at about 59% in the best parts and 77% in the worst parts of Nigeria.

Choosing to steal, kill and destroy the lives of innocent Nigerians and blocking any economic opportunities to better the situation you are groaning about, and then blaming the same poverty that exists everywhere in Nigeria in varying degrees for that decision is not only foolish, but myopic and deceitful.

Painting your unfortunate circumstances as a villager in Zamfara and decision to be a blood sucking terrorist, as the plight of the Northern youth, is not only a aberration of logic but a slap on the face of every urban, educated, hardworking, and self-fulfilled contemporary young northerner.

[size=28pt]Of course this is assuming I don't know the OP is a pained Ibo.[/size]
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by jamesbawa(m): 7:18am On Sep 23, 2014
the kinda islam practised in d north is the problem
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by 2cato: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Fulanigirl dont u have any thing to say about it
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by moshoodn(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2014
Insurgency, terrorism, breaking of law and order all have no moral justifications, albeit the circumstances or processes involved.

Life is precious, it should never be taken for any reason whatsoever.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by alakid: 7:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Honestly, when I see threads like this, I know we as a country have failed.
I have a lot of reservations about this post.
The Op is most definitely not a northerner, why pose as one?
Again, who told you that in the schools in the north we are only taught islamic knowledge and a little english and arithmetic? That's a very poor attempt at humor!
Yet again, who said our young ones are so daft as to be brainwashed into being terrorists?
Mr Man/Woman, if you hate the North just say it plainly. Don't hide behind a porous literature, because we now have people who are just waiting for anything bad about the north to start their usual and unfounded confrontations and insults.
Please refrain from such in the future.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Dcmg(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2014
Islam and terrorism,if this people have their way they would kill every single human in the world.They keep brainwashing people to take up arms,bombs to kill people for not just reason.
ISIS are busy brainwashing people to take up arms against the world.
Islam,terrorising the world since 622 CE.
I said it,this people should have been given a different planet.
"Religion of peace that would take up arms to attack innocent people for the betterment of their lives?"Like seriously,how would killing innocent people improve your life?
Kai,illiteracy is not just a disease,illiteracy is a global security threat.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Lightening: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2014
alakid: Honestly, when I see threads like this, I know we as a country have failed.
I have a lot of reservations about this post.
The Op is most definitely not a northerner, why pose as one?
Again, who told you that in the schools in the north we are only taught islamic knowledge and a little english and arithmetic? That's a very poor attempt at humor!
Yet again, who said our young ones are so daft as to be brainwashed into being terrorists?
Mr Man/Woman, if you hate the North just say it plainly. Don't hide behind a porous literature, because we now have people who are just waiting for anything bad about the north to start their usual and unfounded confrontations and insults.
Please refrain from such in the future.

Okay. You Northerners are doing just fine and your amazing level of success is the envy of all. Better?

The Mother of a demented man is always the last to admit it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by ZUBY77(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: sometimes i ask myself, was it my fault that i was born into a northern family??, life seems to hold nothing for a young hopeful northern born child like me,i was born in a rural area in zamfara state,a typical Hausa community, i was raised accordingly by my parents, on getting to my teenage years, it dawned on me that everything seemed to follow one pattern in my community, it was compulsory for everyone to follow the Muslim faith, it also seemed compulsory for every male indigene to marry from the same community, i observed the whole life process here, everything seemed the same, nothing different ever happened, men were born local and died local, the whole community lacked innovation, nobody ever thought of anything new, life was an everyday process which everyone had to follow. there was hardly any form of electricity supply in my community, power was supplied on very rare occasions, and on such white collar days, the whole village would gather at the village square to watch tv, most times news, probably to everyone else, they were having fun and expressed it with big grins on their faces, when they saw big cities like lagos, kano, abuja and the rest on television, to me, it was like watching a totally different world, most of the things i saw on television were non-existent in my community,good roads, water supply, electricity and the rest. It all seemed alien-like when i saw them, the schools we had in my community seemed like death traps, with the buildings dilapidated and slowly collapsing due to age, i used to imagine how old those buildings must be, not to talk of the kind of teachers we had, most of them took extra holidays and came to school whenever they wished, we were mostly taught Islamic doctrine and a little bit of arithmetic and English to go with, you would wonder where we the students got our motivation to keep attending school, it all seemed that school seemed to be the most exciting thing happening around us, even though we could not say we had even up to quarter of what you would regard as a stellar education. I myself had dreams to be different, to make my community a happening place, to make my family proud of me, to help all kids in my community have standard education, to put good roads and water in place for my people, but as i grew up, i faced reality and it dawned on me that my dreams would eventually amount to nothing, 'where would i start from?' was the question i asked myself frequently, i was willing to do anything to actualize my dreams, but everytime i tried to muster a little hope for the future, my dreams were dashed by reality .life went on like this for a long while until something happened sometime in August 2008,a group of men came to our community school and separated the male folk from the female folk, we were told that a lot is going to change in our lives in the next few months and advised to prepare for anything.The lessons we were having at school changed totally,we were now lectured in the reason why our lives and community had come to be like this, we were told by our instructors that our kind was hated and neglected in the whole of Nigeria, we were shown videos of how our kind performed roles of servants to the society in urban areas, how our kind seemed to poverty stricken and isolated in such towns and cities, we were told that we would be in the same situation if we tried traveling to such places in search of greener pastures. Therefore we had to do something that would make our lives and that of our families better, we were told that if we cooperated, our families would be rewarded with huge amounts of money and life would get better. We were then told that it would involve killing and suicide bombing for our plans to really work out. Already our minds were prepared for anything. That was how we took up arms to fight for better lives for ourselves and for our families.So next time you want to open your mouth to judge the youth who have joined boko haram,think of the situation of this young man, think of the plight of his family and underdevelopment that had eaten deep in to lives of everyone in their community. live positively!.
.This was written by a young Nigerian.. Just looking at things from the other point of view.. I am in no way supporting insurgency of any kind.. Share your thoughts

You have a good and observation of the life up there in the North but learn to put spaces to separate your words. It's almost unreadable
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Hamazz1: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2014
the afore written thread in d 1st paragraph has a BLATANT LIE.......COMPULSORY to follow d ISLAMIC FAITH says who where when hw...this guy is tlking abt somethng i knw vry well whn u c d numb of indeginous christians in d so called zamfara he is tlkin abt u wonder...living freely its only natural were u r minority u smetyms bcm anonymous...theres hardly a church in nigeria dt doesnt hv a branch in Gusau d capital.n 4 those who thnk d north is an all muslim or islamic affair such as d o.p i in totality condem such blasphemous assertion...
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by limamintruth: 7:46am On Sep 23, 2014

This is nothing but the raw truth; u have indeed spoken well. As a northerner myself, i wholly agree that its our so-calld leaders that have failed us. They send their children to expensive schools both within & outside d country while they keep decieving the masses that 'boko' is 'haram'. But i thank God we are begining to witness improvement in this respect. These days many poor rural parents now appreciate the importance of education and do encourage their kids and wards to attend the few govt. schs. in their respective communities. So the north of yesteryears isnt really the north of today.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by skullz: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2014
All I see is bullsheeet!
The OP is displaying terrorist tendencies. Keep at it, I just might be the one to lodge a bullet in your cranium.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by limamintruth: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2014
yousee: The one thing that baffles me is the Almajiri concept.

The young boy is drafted to a malam for tutelage, upon completion of studies, he is leased to a suya seller, cobbler, sugarcane hawker, etc where he learns the rudiments of that trade. Thus ends his destiny, he starts his own business, gets married and soon gets younger almajiri from the malams for business trade...

Meanwhile, these malams have their daughters and sons schooling abroad or at least in western education and Islamic education as well. Where do we find these crop of youths, in banks, telecoms, hospitals, military etc

Make I hear anybody wey go blame other regions for the northern woes.

Do you know that majority of the almajiris you see around are not even nigerians? Only very few are.
This to me, is a plus because nigerian parents have gradually understood that the almajiri system has more negatives than positives; thus, very few still indulge in it.
Majority of the almajiri children in my town are from chad; they speak an alien dialect that isnt fulatanci or hausa or even arabic.
Pls the north isnt as bad as it used to be educationally. And we now have so many states here that can compete with any state in nig. educatnally.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by stinggy(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2014
No justification for crime angry
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by gaboooodan: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2014
As a mata of fact d Writer of dis article needs 2 b investigated, dis is a classic demonstration of support 4 bokoharam....I am also a northerner,I schooled in d north,as such I can tell u d compete Psychology of a hausa man...if at all your claims is anitin (o go by,I wud expect d BH to kill only d northerners as d blamelies with dem..since independence, d furtunes of dis country has been decided by northern leaders hw coms dey cudnt develop were dey came frm...
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by fnep2smooth(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2014
onyiwest:

why do you sound so pained ? oh i remember you're under his pay roll. your days are numbered
am not only pain, am also ashamed of your kind of people who looks for people to blame for their own misfortune
wasted sperm

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2014
And why is the op here lamenting?
Don't you know your problems already? Be the change you want in your community.

Your (northern) elites are using religion to enslave you people.

Religion and all other means of life/living is entwined. Heck! Your culture is lost! All cause of religion!
And instead of (your elites/leaders) building proper schools, they be building almajiri schools
And you are here lamenting?!

More like a feudal system up there.
Lord-servant thing.

Y'all should sort your problems and stop taking arms from your lords(leaders) to fight other people!
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:26am On Sep 23, 2014
we should all join the army undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It / Translate I MISSED U In Igbo Language / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.