Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

The Plight Of The Northern Child - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Plight Of The Northern Child (11977 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by cococandy(f): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2014
I couldn't have said it better.
Stillfire: To think Northerners have been at the helm of affairs in Nigeria since I was born.
You are taking up arms to kill the Nigerian people that are suffering like you? You are not serious.
You say you took up arms to fight for better lives? So bombing innocent people at motor parks who have chosen to make lemonade out of the diseased lemons Nigeria throws at them is what you call fighting to better your life?
You say Zamfara...now that sounds familiar. Is that not the state that introduced Sharia into secular Nigeria? So you guys were suffering and Senator Yerima who was then governor was more interested in preserving a borrowed religion than your well being? You people are still not serious.
Your way of life is tied around a few being stupendously wealthy and the majority of the populace being subjected to stupendous poverty. In fact you are very very comfortable with this dynamic. This was the method your people used to rule and finish off Nigeria. And it ended up killing off the middle class. The middle class in the South ran away to other countries, that some have not been back in decades. However, Northern students that school abroad, never ever stay back, they go back to Nigeria because a lucrative job is waiting for them by a principality and powerful relative in Nigeria who is holding the country to ransom.

Please ring me up when you are done licking the bum bum of your leaders. When are you going to pelt eggs on Senator Yerima, his predecessors and successors for allowing your state to be in such deplorable conditions? Why can't you hold your governors to ransom instead of the whole country? Naa, according to the intelligence of the average Northerner, the unholy South is to blame, rubbish!

I will judge every damn nigerian, rich or poor. All have contributed to the rot called Nigeria.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by sylaz(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Though the situation may be bad, there's poverty everywhere in Nigeria. The problem is they dont have any ambition, I like their spirit no doubt, but the notherners are too content with the little they have. If a young man with that kind of dreams could easily carry arms after that kind of pissy effort, he didn't really need to be convinced. He looked around and saw the poverty in his village and chose to carry arms and die for maybe 20k or 50k that his family if they are even given will use to buy implements or farm raw materials, not better the road, not better the educational system of his area because of the extremely primitive mind they possess.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by fpeter(f): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2014
The issue with Northern Youths is that they have allowed their leaders
To brainwash,loot and plunder them whilst using religion as a cover... sad
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2014
UnknownT: Forgive my french, but this whole write up is nothing but bull sh.it. And dont quote me telling me "u r lucky u r not in his shoes". If the community can afford watching TV in the village square, why wouldn't the brainwashed nothern children aspire to go out to that cities they watch on TV? That is not a reason to take to insurgency. There are rural areas in all the states,tribes and LGs in Nigeria, so they all should take to insurgency cos of government neglect? Bullsh.t!!!!!!! To even think that the Northern elites have been ruling this country since time immemorial? Once more, bullshi.t writeup!!!!!!!!
..Read the post well.. The northern children were shown how their kind suffer in these cities and towns.. Therefore there is a slim chance of them surviving where their kind has not survived since life seems to be about 'who you know' and 'who knows you'.. Once again i will state that i am not supporting insurgency of any kind.. I'm just looking at things from another point of view.. You should try it too
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by free2ryhme: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: sometimes i ask myself, was it my fault that i was born into a northern family??, life seems to hold nothing for a young hopeful northern born child like me,i was born in a rural area in zamfara state,a typical Hausa community, i was raised accordingly by my parents, on getting to my teenage years, it dawned on me that everything seemed to follow one pattern in my community, it was compulsory for everyone to follow the Muslim faith, it also seemed compulsory for every male indigene to marry from the same community, i observed the whole life process here, everything seemed the same, nothing different ever happened, men were born local and died local, the whole community lacked innovation, nobody ever thought of anything new, life was an everyday process which everyone had to follow. there was hardly any form of electricity supply in my community, power was supplied on very rare occasions, and on such white collar days, the whole village would gather at the village square to watch tv, most times news, probably to everyone else, they were having fun and expressed it with big grins on their faces, when they saw big cities like lagos, kano, abuja and the rest on television, to me, it was like watching a totally different world, most of the things i saw on television were non-existent in my community,good roads, water supply, electricity and the rest. It all seemed alien-like when i saw them, the schools we had in my community seemed like death traps, with the buildings dilapidated and slowly collapsing due to age, i used to imagine how old those buildings must be, not to talk of the kind of teachers we had, most of them took extra holidays and came to school whenever they wished, we were mostly taught Islamic doctrine and a little bit of arithmetic and English to go with, you would wonder where we the students got our motivation to keep attending school, it all seemed that school seemed to be the most exciting thing happening around us, even though we could not say we had even up to quarter of what you would regard as a stellar education. I myself had dreams to be different, to make my community a happening place, to make my family proud of me, to help all kids in my community have standard education, to put good roads and water in place for my people, but as i grew up, i faced reality and it dawned on me that my dreams would eventually amount to nothing, 'where would i start from?' was the question i asked myself frequently, i was willing to do anything to actualize my dreams, but everytime i tried to muster a little hope for the future, my dreams were dashed by reality .life went on like this for a long while until something happened sometime in August 2008,a group of men came to our community school and separated the male folk from the female folk, we were told that a lot is going to change in our lives in the next few months and advised to prepare for anything.The lessons we were having at school changed totally,we were now lectured in the reason why our lives and community had come to be like this, we were told by our instructors that our kind was hated and neglected in the whole of Nigeria, we were shown videos of how our kind performed roles of servants to the society in urban areas, how our kind seemed to poverty stricken and isolated in such towns and cities, we were told that we would be in the same situation if we tried traveling to such places in search of greener pastures. Therefore we had to do something that would make our lives and that of our families better, we were told that if we cooperated, our families would be rewarded with huge amounts of money and life would get better. We were then told that it would involve killing and suicide bombing for our plans to really work out. Already our minds were prepared for anything. That was how we took up arms to fight for better lives for ourselves and for our families.So next time you want to open your mouth to judge the youth who have joined boko haram,think of the situation of this young man, think of the plight of his family and underdevelopment that had eaten deep in to lives of everyone in their community. live positively!.
.This was written by a young Nigerian.. Just looking at things from the other point of view.. I am in no way supporting insurgency of any kind.. Share your thoughts

Did any of you confronted the dangote family, the abacha family the babaginda family the dantata family the sanusi family the lamido family the shagari family the emirs and sultans . They shld u vide and lied that it was d southerns that was responsible for your problem abi?

Nobody tie una leg mAke una no go pastures? After our parents had to live the harshness of the village to irk a honest living in the west and south but you chose to suffer under that caste system that your religion has yoked you under

Guy go and bomb and kill ur greedy northern leaders and your mallams that brainwash you and your people and see if you life won't get better

And for your info nobody came to lagos to count bridge

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by freecocoa(f): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2014
*spreads camp bed*

Be back.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2014
bushdoc9919: A good article...and part of the problem too is the mistake made by the Gowon administration in the early 1970's when flush with cash, they took over most mission schools. A lot of these schools existed in the North...and many of them were crucial to the ending of the gap between North and South

Anyway, the takeover of the schools led to a point where the govt had too many schools without a corresponding increase in facilities. Of course standards went down.

Second,in the 1980's, promotion exams were ended in most Northern schools. You got promoted whether you were good or not. Standards fell further.

Third, education in Nigeria is slanted towards prepping you for a life in the urban areas as a clerk....not as a solver of your locality's problems. So, the educated leave their village...and leave the illiterates behind. That leads to people not liking education because due to the lack of the problem solving educated elite...most of them cannot see why education will benefit them.

So what is to be done? Well, we need more schools. We probably need more of the mixed schools...and also increased funding for education. We need more quality teacher training colleges...where only the best would be trained. Perhaps Islamic societies could set up mission schools.

If the North is to survive it needs Western education.
..well said.. Thank you for seeing things in a different way.. Nigerians need to learn to look at things from different sides and not just focus on what affects them.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2014
Stupid article. Hold your leaders responsible. The elite northern man lives like a lord with his mansion, flashy cars and gold wearing wives.
He throws crumbs at u while u lot sing his praises.
Hold Babangida, Abacha and all ur past leaders responsible for denying u education and civilization.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Zaikon(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2014
[s].This was written by a young
Nigerian.. Just looking at things
from the other point of view.. I
am in no way supporting
insurgency of any kind.[/s] you just endup in saying trash, after you claim to have carried out you assignment now you said ''I am in no way supporting insurgency of any kind" but wait guy which local govt are you from nd whch village if really you are from ZAMFARA
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2014
MuhdG: It is ridiculous how people keep on tagging northerners as terrorists, enemies of the country.

The exact happens in other parts of nigeria.
Let me tell u from my experience with 2 points

1. the issue of area and warri boys in lagos and warri is not different from kalare boys in the north

They both cause civil disturbance

2. Have u forgoten yhe boys in okene, kogi state with guns? They also go about unleadhing terror on innocwnt civilians
Or is it the niger delta militants that claim they are fighting for their rights but end up causing mayhem different than the boko boys that also claim to be fighting for what yhey want but also end up causing mayhem.

The truth: what happens in the north by the north also happen in other part of nigeria by the same inhabitants.

Enough is enough.

Why talk ill of someones culture, religion, or state when u are victim the of similar issue?
..absolute spot on!
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Awwal1st: Where is the real source... stupid post na God go punish the person wey write this post, So by killing people is he really going to make the reality in his Village useless post...
..people like you who spit vulgar words at the slightest provocation are the ones killing this country.. Read the Post well.. Especially the end part.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by thwarrior72: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2014
I ain't got any business with abookies and their amajirism undecided
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by ikechime(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2014
its easy to cast stones but do you know that someone is hiding in the creeks, bushes, mountain, desert.... because bokoharam attacked their village and in other not to join or deny his faith they have decided to hide.
I find it hard to reason the level of slavery in this northern culture to have many top wealthy and past leaders almost 80% of leaders in Nigeria are from there but cant help to develop the education and mental development there.
they rather give them fish instead of helping them catch fish.
see how India has developed their community .
instead of moving forward they prefer to sponsor insurgency that is reducing them back to 1960 and 1970 era of environmental and educational development.
Leaders that cannot help their community cannot lead the nation. most of them have agenda to only destroy rather than build and develop (not surprising though for their master...came only to steal, kill and destroy).
develop ur communities , let there be frontiers in medicine, technology.....new good things not new wicked and selfish things.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by gatiano(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2014
that may not be right and im not disputing what you said, but things must be done properly. Everybody has interest in doing something or education, there should be different kind of education for different location.
of what good is teaching a northerner how to fish, if there are not rivers?

bigfrancis21: The plight and state of most parts of the north, educationally and financially is deplorable. A lot has to do with the attitude of the northerners towards school itself(western education) and the personal drive or ambition to succeed in life which many northerners don't have.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Rexyl(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2014
miscreants may not contribute any good thing other than nuisance.

The North should take education of their children more seriously so that many of them can stop inhumane behaviours
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by musaibnabdul(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2014
This is an insult on Northern Nigeria. A cock and bull story. The writer is definately not from the north and has never visited the north. To admins of nairaland and seun osewa this shows your double standard and anti north agenda. @ibnsultan was banned for some stupid reasons n this dude's rubbish makes front page.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by charming247(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2014
You kill innocent poeple to fight for your right? Then you must be the reason ur community is lacking behind, go and be more productive like the southern youths.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2014
I'm from the north, an Adamawa indegene to be precise and I'm proud of it!

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by drix128: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2014
Stillfire: To think Northerners have been at the helm of affairs in Nigeria since I was born.
You are taking up arms to kill the Nigerian people that are suffering like you? You are not serious.
You say you took up arms to fight for better lives? So bombing innocent people at motor parks who have chosen to make lemonade out of the diseased lemons Nigeria throws at them is what you call fighting to better your life?
You say Zamfara...now that sounds familiar. Is that not the state that introduced Sharia into secular Nigeria? So you guys were suffering and Senator Yerima who was then governor was more interested in preserving a borrowed religion than your well being? You people are still not serious.
Your way of life is tied around a few being stupendously wealthy and the majority of the populace being subjected to stupendous poverty. In fact you are very very comfortable with this dynamic. This was the method your people used to rule and finish off Nigeria. And it ended up killing off the middle class. The middle class in the South ran away to other countries, that some have not been back in decades. However, Northern students that school abroad, never ever stay back, they go back to Nigeria because a lucrative job is waiting for them by a principality and powerful relative in Nigeria who is holding the country to ransom.

Please ring me up when you are done licking the bum bum of your leaders. When are you going to pelt eggs on Senator Yerima, his predecessors and successors for allowing your state to be in such deplorable conditions? Why can't you hold your governors to ransom instead of the whole country? Naa, according to the intelligence of the average Northerner, the unholy South is to blame, rubbish!

I will judge every damn nigerian, rich or poor. All have contributed to the rot called Nigeria.

You be fool oO..... Must everything be a northern-southern conflict on NL? Oya, you've said your poo, now give yourself a high five......in the face.......with a chair
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by drix128: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
akitijackson: I'm from the north, an Adamawa indegene to be precise and I'm proud of it!

Arewa and proud!!! God bless we

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by HoldenCaulfield(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Igbos never cease to amaze me. must you use northern identity to insult the north. you are an animal
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by charleff512(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2014
The northern child is an endangered being.Many parents just give birth without planning for their future.Their governments encourage it by impoverishing them.They allow 'fate' to decide for their children by abandoning them to the elements of the society.Thus the society, nay the elites amongst them thus manipulate them to satisfy all their whims and caprices.The result is what you cant imagine.

5 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Osegancy(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2014
NO PLACE LIKE KANO IN NIGERIA DESPITE SITUATION WARRANTS. TRY TO BE THERE IF U HAVEN'T (ko dame kaje su fika)

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by deeobserver209(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: sometimes i ask myself, was it my fault that i was born into a northern family??, would get better. We were then told that it would involve killing and suicide bombing for our plans to really work out. Already our minds were prepared for anything. That was how we took up arms to fight for ourselves and for our families.So next time you want to open your mouth to judge the youth who have joined boko haram,think of the situation of this young man, think of the plight of his family and underdevelopment that had eaten deep in to lives of everyone in their community. live positively!.
.This was written by a young Nigerian.. Just looking at things from the other point of view.. I am in no way supporting insurgency of any kind.. Share your thoughts
You started your write up well but you ended horribly. There's no excuse on earth, in the universe or under the universe at all for any individual to kill an innocent human being for any reason whatsoever wether valid or invalid. This is outright insanity! Your claim that poverty drove some northern youth to terrorism is not only crappy but ridiculous.
Terrorism is an ideology that seeks to impose it's believe system on society through violence whether the target community likes it or not. It has nothing to do with poverty.
Besides, poverty is a global thing. It's not only restricted to the north. Many communities in Nigeria from the south, southwest, middle Belt, South East etc all surfer from poverty. Do you see them killing and bombing people over the place? Do you thing Northern Nigeria is the only region suffering from poverty?
Daily life in my village for instance in Tatu, Heipang district of B/Ladi LGA of Plateau State can be said to be the real definition of poverty on display. My people hardly have enough money to buy soap to wash themselves not to talk of buying clothes for the little ones. As am writing this my village never had electricity connected to it since Nigeria got her independence in 1960. My village never had good roads constructed till date. The number of people who own a generator are not up to 4, even though it's a community of close to 800 in population. To sum it all up, the little village can be described as the one portrayed in the movie: The Gods must be Crazy.
Despite these set back my people do not carry arms about killing innocent people because of their conditions. They don't go about bombing places of worship because they live in abject poverty. They don't go about attacking communities and rising flags because they can't afford to buy soap. Same is the situation in other parts of the country from south, west and east.
Even though my people live in poverty they still eat well. They are very much contented thanks to their love for agriculture. Through agriculture they get almost everything they need to survive. The reason why they don't pay too much attention to government. They provide their own needs.
Have you watched some Indian communities in the past? Their conditions were even worse than anyone can ever think of! Do you know what it means to live without water? I tell you some Indian communities suffered great deal in terrible conditions. Yet they never took arms to commit acts of murder. Instead they joined heads and hands together to solve their problems. Today if you visit these communities you will be surprised to find that virtually all their needs from water supply, electricity to small clinics etc are community driven. They don't wait on the government but rather work together with the government to provide the needs of their respective communities. Same thing happened in Asia and South American countries.
So you see, terrorism can never be associated with poverty. The accertion that poverty breeds terrorism is a global excuse to legitimize acts of terrorism. Nothing more. The earlier we know this the better.

5 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by driand(m): 11:43am On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: ..you won't be saying this if you were in the shoes of the many youth who have found themselves in this situation
and who's fault is it that they found them selves in that shoe and couldn't look inwardly for the cause and proper solutions to their plight ?

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by anonimi: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2014
That may soon become the plight of the NIGERIAN child if the Arewa People's Congress, APC takes over in Abuja next year.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by leo1234(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: ..you won't be saying this if you were in the shoes of the many youth who have found themselves in this situation

Op are u talking about urself or u are trying to paint a picture of the northern child ?
Ur write up is good but I doubt if u are that village boy cheesy
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by rofemiguwa(f): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
The last time I checked. It was boko boys killing youths, kidnapping school girls, burning churches. Who in their right mind will remain in this hostile situation.

The elite among the north doesn't want the rest to move forward so they instigate all the mayhem to sabtoage any effort to make u guys see the light.
When next u are show those videos and asked to take up arms. Ask the person telling u that to produce his son or daughter so u can go die together.

Gosh!! How do u guys reason sef! How exactly will your family be rewarded, did u guys ask that?. They supress you and keep u in your village and use u for their wicked plans for their own benefit!!!
Na wah o! Pple dey sha.
Every village that has poverty written all over it. The villages that have seen light are those their sons and daughters went out made money and came back to upgrade their village.
That is wat ur village youth should be tinking not taking up arms.

For dose comparing d militant and boko boys,in as much as all is evil but the last time I checked the group killing people recklessly, witout reason was boko boys.
They are full fledged terroist and anyone supporting their action is a closet terroist!!

Your governors are living large marrying 13yrsold girls and ur religion doesn't condemn it. And all u guys can see is to destroy the little development that has come to ur region.

5yrs doWn the line look for someone to blame your deserted states on!

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
leo1234:

Op are u talking about urself or u are trying to paint a picture of the northern child ?
Ur write up is good but I doubt if u are that village boy cheesy
..I'm painting the picture of the Northern child.. Sometimes people need to ask themselves the right questions and not go about putting blame on factors that will never change.. I did not in anyway say that terrorism was the solution to the plight of the Northern child.. I only thought of the grave circumstances that have lead to this boko haram menace..
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by Leerikz(m): 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
deeobserver209:
You started your write up well but you ended horribly. There's no excuse on earth, in the universe or under the universe for an individual to kill an innocent human being for any reason wether valid or invalid. This is outright insanity. Your claim that poverty drove some northern youth to terrorism is not only crappy but completely ridiculous. Terrorism is an ideology. Take it or leave it. It has nothing to do with poverty.
Besides, poverty is not only restricted to the north. Many people from the south, southwest, middle Belt, South East etc are also suffering from poverty. Do you see them killing and bombing people like chickens? Do you thing the north is the only region suffering from poverty?
Daily life in my village for instance can be said to be the real definition of poverty on display. My people hardly have enough money to buy soap to wash themselves not to talk of buying clothes for the little ones. As am writing this my village never had electricity connected to it since Nigeria got her independence in 1960. My village never had good roads constructed till date. The number of people who own a generator are not up to 4, even though it's a community of close to 800 in population. To sum it all up, the little village can be described as the one portrayed in the movie: The Gods must be Crazy.
Despite these set back my people do not carry arms about killing innocent people because of their conditions. They don't go about bombing places of worship because they live in abject poverty. They don't go about attacking communities and rising flags because they can't afford to buy soap. Same is the situation in other parts of the country from south, west and east.
Even though my people live in poverty they still eat well. They are very much contented thanks to their love for agriculture. Through agriculture they get almost everything they need to survive. The reason why they don't pay too much attention to government. They provide their own needs.
Have you watched some Indian communities in the past? Their conditions were even worse than anyone can ever think of! Do you know what it means to live without water? I tell you some Indian communities suffered great deal in terrible conditions. Yet they never took arms to commit acts of murder. Instead they joined heads and hands together to solve their problems. Today if you visit these communities you will be surprised to find that virtually all their needs from water supply, electricity to small clinics etc are community driven. They don't wait on the government rather they work together with the government to provide the needs of their respective communities. Same thing happened in Asia and South American countries.
So you see, terrorism can never be associated with poverty. The accertion that poverty breeds terrorism is a global excuse to legitimize acts of terrorism. Nothing more. The earlier we know this the better.
..well said sir.. Your points are noted.. But you see.. Evil has come to take a larger portion of the world today.. The devil has used a lot of vices to deceive people into playing roles in his plan.. But it seems like all the blame goes to the northern part of Nigeria today.. People have forgotten so quickly the number of lives militants claimed in their quest.. And today it seems they achieved their aim and were offered amnesty, thank God for that though.. People also forget that day by day.. Lives are being lost to crimes like ritual killing, robbery and the rest.. Instead these people have come to put the whole blame on this boko haram menace.. You need to see the way 80% of poverty stricken northerners in cities like lagos are treated with isolation and hatred by other tribes.. It's like all other tribes have formed one formidable force against the northerners.. I agree and acknowledge the harm this Menace has brought due to its bombings and killings.. And i am not in anyway saying that terrorism is the solution to their plight.. But all i am saying is we should see things from different angles and put ourselves in the shoes of these northerners who are tagged as killers at the first sight.
Re: The Plight Of The Northern Child by leo1234(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Leerikz: ..I'm painting the picture of the Northern child.. Sometimes people need to ask themselves the right questions and not go about putting blame on factors that will never change.. I did not in anyway say that terrorism was the solution to the plight of the Northern child.. I only thought of the grave circumstances that have lead to this boko haram menace..

The truth is that people in the north know the cause of their problems but had refused to address them. Till the northerners learn how to tolerate other people's believe their problems will remain with them.
Only God knows what those imams and malams teach those innocent children in the north.
Dubai is a centre for tourism today because they were able to tolerate other people's belief.

Article 7 of the UAE's Provisional Constitution
declares Islam the official state religion of the
UAE. The government subsidises almost 95%
of mosques and employs all Imams ;
approximately 5% of mosques are entirely
private, and several large mosques have large
private endowments. [82] All mosques in Dubai
are managed by the Government of Dubai, and
all Imams are also appointed by the
Government. Any Imam caught preaching
racial or religious hatred or caught promoting
Islamic extremism is usually jailed and
deported. [83]
Dubai also has large Christian, Hindu , Sikh ,
Bahá'í , Buddhist and other religious
communities residing in the city. [84] Non-
Muslim groups can own their own houses of
worship, where they can practice their religion
freely, by requesting a land grant and
permission to build a compound. Groups that
do not have their own buildings must use the
facilities of other religious organisations or
worship in private homes. [85] Non-Muslim
religious groups are permitted to advertise
group functions openly and distribute various
religious literature; however, outright
proselytising is strictly prohibited under
penalty of criminal prosecution, imprisonment,
and deportation for engaging in behaviour
offensive to Islam. [82] Strict prohibition
extends to small Muslim groups such as the
Ahmadiyya .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It / Translate I MISSED U In Igbo Language / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.