Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,063 members, 7,845,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. (714 Views)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians / KPMG Report That FG And NNPC Hid From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. by james1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hello Everyone.
We have not heard the last of Nigerians been harassed and sometimes killed in neighboring African countries over issues ranging from robbery attack carried out by gangs no one knew to jobs they believed is meant for their citizens been occupied by Nigerians,especially in Benin republic, Cameroon,Togo and worse Ghana. they have been killed for frivolous offenses and continually try to prevent Nigerian traders from selling retail in their markets.and yet they occupy lower level jobs in embassies and many blu-chip companies  here in Nigeria.From drivers to chefs and many others.we certainly can't sit and allow people who are so hostile to our citizens in their own countries to then come to our country and take jobs meant for our people,no, we must do something about it.they too must have a taste of what it is like to be treated badly.
For reasons they are yet to explain to us,they believed they had to  continually check the progress of our citizens in their countries.
At the border to Benin republic the Beninese authorities will always make an attempt to barter one to submission;unless one behaves like though they don't matter and issue counter threats to their threats,one will end up back in Nigeria bruised.
The french embassy had recently issued a secular to her members of staff to stop recruiting people of Benin republic origin because of their voodoo.
please arrange your views underneath:these people must leave the jobs for our citizens. angry
Re: And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. by ifyalways(f): 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2008
lol@Poster
If "cobbler","gateman grin","driver" "Gardener" are your definition of jobs abeg make we kuku leave am for dem,abi u wan be "shoe maker" ? grin
Re: And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. by james1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ poster.
If "cobbler","gateman Grin","driver" "Gardener" are your definition of jobs abeg make we kuku leave am for them,abi u wan be "shoe maker" ? Grin

Hey.it is more than you can imagine.i know first hand what some Nigerians have gone through in these countries.and i do what is to you investigative journalism as a freelance writer.
Believe me i know some Nigerians who can make a good living out of been anything from chefs to chauffeurs in the embassies and blu-chip companies in Nigeria.
Unless we don't want to accept the truth.
They must leave these jobs for Nigerians.
After all many countries and organisations of the world have programmes in place to check-mate situations like this.
Re: And The Foreigners Took Jobs From Nigerians. by james1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hello Everyone.
Before you people who will soon come and paste about me been what am not(hater)
Let me clear the air in advance:Many well meaning Nigerians go through hell on earth in those west African sub-regions.
Yes,not all the foreigners in Nigeria are bad guys.but some of those here may have been in one way or the other involved at treating Nigerians over with brutal abandon.
Nigerians need those jobs. angry

(1) (Reply)

Emergency! Emergency!emergency! Obamas Family Are Relocating From Kenya / Sudden Ceasation Of Politically Motivated Assasinations After OBJ. / Where Is My Thread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.