Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (15230 Views)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by sonyjacobs(m): 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday sought “honest feedback” from Nigerians on claims by the Ministry of Power that the nation’s energy situation had improved significantly.

Last week, the Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, had told Nigerians that
generation rose to 4237MW at 9p.m on August 6.But, in a move to get a direct feel of the impact of the improved supply on the people, Jonathan through his media team on Wednesday asked Nigerians to choose from three options in a survey.

In a post on Twitter by his Special Assistant on New Media, Mr. Reno Omokri, wrote, “Has the power situation in your area A. Improved B.Remained the same or C. Deteriorated. Please give honest feedback.”
Nigerians are expected to give the feedback by Twitter (@renoomokri) or Facebook.

The Federal Government had on Sunday raised hopes of improvement in power supply by announcing plans to raise electricity output from 4,300 megawatts to 9,000mw in a few months.
The declaration was contained in an advertorial placed in some newspapers by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs.
The advertorial outlined Jonathan’s achievements in the last one year as well as his determination to reach the new target upon completion of the 10 projects under the National Integrated Power Plants.

The projects are Ihovbor in Edo State (451mw); Omotosho in Ondo State (451mw); Olorunsogo in Ogun State (750mw); Sapele in Delta State (451mw); Geregu in Kogi State (434mw); Egbema in Imo State (338mw); Gbarain in Bayelsa State (225mw); Omoku in Rivers State (225mw); Calabar in Cross River State (561mw); and Alaoji in Abia State (1074mw).

“This administration met 10 abandoned NIPP projects and has successfully revitalised all. More importantly, they are all within the range of 95-100 per cent completion stage and are awaiting gas supply, which government has taken very concrete steps to address.

“Government has improved power generation from under 3,000mw in 2011 to 4,300mw by August 2012.

“Therefore, when the 10 NIPP projects are fully on stream, which will be within the next few months, the total national generation capacity will not be less than 9000mw, a 200 per cent increase in generating capacity as compared with the figures for 2011 and the highest ever by any administration since independence,” the Presidency said in the statement signed by the Media Director in the office, Mr. Olusanya Awosan.

http://www.punchng.com/business/jonathan-seeks-feedback-from-nigerians-on-power-supply/
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by sonyjacobs(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
NB> Am not a member of the 40man laptop. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Tremendous Improvement but more needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by stolenstone: 7:25am On Aug 17, 2012
well I guess we are making progress with power generation, but distribution is a different ball game! Kudos anyway to the guys on top, we'll get there! I believe

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by excondido(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2012
power has improved tremendously in some areas, but why these improvement doesnt cut across every part of the country begs for much to be done.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Demdem(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2012
for my area, its minimal improvement. Before now, we normally have like 3hrs light every three days. Now it has improved to like 5hrs every two days but that was after we paid heavily to buy transformers and some cable wires for NEPA. we are still paying though.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Etaki: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2012
There have been a little "fresh air". Nepa dey try dis days for my area. Go on GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by sonyjacobs(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2012
As for me,have witness some improvement of power in my hood. keep it up oga minister.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2012
GET THEM TO CALL OFF THE STRIKE B4 ASKING ANYTIN
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by greall1: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2012
WE ARE STILL FACING UNEMPLOYMENT.MR PRESIDENT PLZ WORK ON THIS PLZ
THESE WOULD REDUCE CORRUPTION

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2012
I can't really tell if there is any imoprovement because i too stay at Aso Rock Villa, so i dnt understand really what it looks or feels like out there with a common Nigerian. so has power improved in ur area?
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by kennytidistar(m): 10:19am On Aug 17, 2012
[sonyjacobs]NB> Am not a member of the 40man laptop. Thanks.

40 man laptop ko, 40 woman IPAD ni! are they not better than your 40000 man blackberry that only post propaganda and unverify or conspire lies. mtchew. I beg Jona carry on with your good work jawe. God punish devil! we must enjoy what we pay for!!!

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by lacasa: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2012
Honest feedback?

grin grin grin
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by slimyem: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2012
there has been light in my area for the past 3 days without a blink that i'm starting to get scared.....
Gone are the days when i'd rush to iron my clothes or charge my phone before the light goes off again...
I sincerely hope it stays this way for a very long time...

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2012
Seems this electricity improvement has become a daily topic! Una no dey tire? What feedback does the retardeen wants? undecided
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2012
to be Honest OGA jonna weldone light don improve formy areaoo make i begin dance azonto cheesy
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by niceG: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2012
GEJ should expect honest responses after he must have given us an honest account of the Fuel Subsidy wads. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2012
There has been more better improvements than it used to be before and i believe with time we will reach the 247 power supply goal. My area is experiencing up to 20hrs power supply.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2012
niceG: GEJ should expect honest responses after he must have given us an honest account of the Fuel Subsidy wads. Rubbish!

Man if u gat nutin to say why not shut up.. Must you comment? This thread is about power supply not about fuel subsidy so kindly stop derailing the thread

8 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2012
Etaki: There have been a little "fresh air". Nepa dey try dis days for my area. Go on GEJ.

Demdem: for my area, its minimal improvement. Before now, we normally have like 3hrs light every three days. Now it has improved to like 5hrs every two days but that was after we paid heavily to buy transformers and some cable wires for NEPA. we are still paying though.
NEPA? still dey exist?

anywayz, power has improved in my hood but ma villa, no light! I suggest GEJ should invest on distribution 2.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by cyril83(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2012
Mr Gej pls,if this shud be d only thing you can ever achieve truout ur tenure,kindly do it well coz some places are not eating from this cake oh
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by 193: 10:28am On Aug 17, 2012
I'm not in d country so I really don't know
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by touchmehard: 10:28am On Aug 17, 2012
There's improvement in my area and in palaces where some of my friends live. But honestly, LET'S DO MORE!
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by nkemKalu: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2012
THE PRESIDENT SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO TELL US IF ELECTRICITY HAS IMPROVED IN ASO ROCK AND OTUOKE VILLAGE (HIS CONSTITUENCY AND AREA).......ATLEAST THAT CAN REDUCE THE OUTRAGEOUS BUDGET OF THE PRESIDENCY ON DIESEL AND GAS INCLUDING OTHER PETROLEUM PRODUCTS SO THAT WE CAN USE THAT TO PLOUGH BACK IN THE ECONOMY AND GENERATE EMPLOYMENT

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by ariyebaba(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2012
There is improvement in power supply in my area. I m enjoying it...............

Oga GEJ,more areas to cover in order to bring dividen of democracy to every Nigerians.

More power to your elbow !
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by deshclones(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2012
sonyjacobs: NB> Am not a member of the 40man laptop. Thanks

since i was born and now i am getting old..i have never seen some one as dumb as you..no offense...but you are stupidly dumb...
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Chanchit: 10:31am On Aug 17, 2012
Reno Omokri.. Is that not beaf's name...? Anyway the light has improved tremendously, in my own area o, they knw what they have done, dts why they are bold enough to ask us for our honest reply...
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by deshclones(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2012
sonyjacobs: NB> Am not a member of the 40man laptop. Thanks

since i was born and now i am getting old..i have never seen some one as dumb as you..no offense...but you are stupidly dumb...

@op...light has improved wella in my area..we in ajah area enjoy up to 16hrs of light daily..
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by ANYPEN(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2012
greall1: WE ARE STILL FACING UNEMPLOYMENT.MR PRESIDENT PLZ WORK ON THIS PLZ
THESE WOULD REDUCE CORRUPTION

Which one is "PLZ"? it's funny how politicians beg you to vote for them only for you to be the one that'll start begging after their election to perform! grin
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Ournaija: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2012
I hope the feedback wouldnt come with more insults from anti-GEJs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. / Boko Haram Sets Houses On Fire In Borno, Many Feared Dead / Kano Special Constabularies Are Not Police Officers - Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.