Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (62554 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2014
Somewhere in June, I declined a United Nations' offer of working as a Journalist/photographer abroad and I became a 'fool' in the eyes of people for not grabbing the opportunity. I have never considered travelling abroad though, and settling there for me is a big NO NO. Okay, maybe I could for my honeymoon, should I get married, that isgrin.

But on a more serious note, I have never fancied travelling abroad, largely because of the way most Nigerians idolize 'porting' to some so-called greener pastures when most of them have little or no sound educational background. I became the topic among some of my friends simply because I turned down a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Call me a bushman with a weird ideology. I believe whoever is capable of making it in Nigeria can do so anywhere in the world. Moreso, I believe I have a fair share to contribute to the growth of Nigeria rather than invest my energy in some other countries.

Few days ago, while I went for a haircut at a salon, my baby sister called to tell me of one of her friends who had sold all his properties to travel abroad, all in a bid to make it big. According to my baby sis, he had planned on going to Spain but failed after the boat he boarded capsized somewhere in Algeria or Morocco.

This was a young man who was good at what he does. I felt bitter at the salon and somehow I kept muttering to myself how a promising young guy as myself would choose to end his own life all in the name of travelling abroad.

Somehow, my words became the basis of a debate between myself and some guys at the salon. Unfortunately, I stood no chance as the odds was six guys to one.

The six who debated with me had one thing in common; they would sacrifice just anything to travel out of the country, even when it is certain that what would greet them over there remains unknown.

They complained of how backward Nigeria is and how other countries are doing fine, even South Africa!

One of them said, he knows he would end up taking care of the old folks and cleaning their poos wouldn't be a bother to him.

It was obvious I lost the debate in the midst of youths who think of nothing but living on the streets of Harlem and London with little or no plans.

Please understand that I'm not saying travelling abroad is bad. But must it be the last resort simply because you are hungry or jobless? Must it be the only idea in one's head when you are hardly educated

I could remember asking one of the guys at the salon a particular question; 'you claim the country is bad, if we all run abroad, who will fix Nigeria for us?' His response was quite shocking and unbelievable; 'see, Mr Nigeria, I don't care. My own be say make I just comot, no look back again. To sleep gutter for yankee better pass our own gutter.' I didn't find it funny at all. I thought about his statement after leaving the salon and it was obvious that most Nigerian youths would gladly jump at the thought of travelling abroad when they have no skills or talents to sustain themselves.

If we all think of leaving the remains of Nigeria behind just because she is bad, question is; who will repair what is left of her

Most countries all over the world will have Nigerians to thank for their growth and economy. Yet, ours still stay the way it is. It is high time we understood that life itself is not a unicorn on a rainbow. If you cannot make it in Nigeria, you may never make it elsewhere in the world.

175 Likes 26 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Na yu sabi. I'm always proud to be a Nigerian but seriously, I would love to port.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
walescounis: Na yu sabi. I'm always proud to be a Nigerian but seriously, I would love to port.
No one is asking you not to. Question is; why? Do you have a good educational background or just choose to go there and 'see' what is done? These and more matter.

9 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by esteltiarra: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by pansophist(m): 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Life in Nigeria is hell, do not blame them, blame the society that has made people uncomfortable and very desperate to travel.

39 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
pansophist: Do not under estimate the power of ignorance.....
Bless you! Exactly what I have been insinuating. You have nothing to offer, yet you believe going abroad would increase your chances of becoming a better person. It's a backward mentality, if you ask me.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by An0nimus: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
The grass is always greener on the other side.smiley

8 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by achinaboy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
i am not able to finish ur post,but there are no best ways to judge or justify this situation,,but different strokes for different folks,,nigeria or africa is a difficult place to do whatever,,so if u have chance to move,,please move,but if u think u can make it in africa,please stay,,but i must say that leaving the shore of africa to europe, have made so many familes that will never smell a million naira in their life time,to touch 10million,,,educated or otherwise,,its all about trying to wipe out poverty from our families

150 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by ibe003(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Who is condemning travel what did your country have to offer with about 60% unemployed youth and with poor education system, no mater your academic background be ready to start afresh when you get to western world because you can never get a job with your nigerian master degree even if it is security work, to show you how far our country is, traveling is a part of education, just travel abroad and find legal job no matter how small it is just try to remain legal, you will be far off better than your counterparts here in nigeria.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by pansophist(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
@OP
Count yourself lucky to be in a position that rejecting a job offer from UN (which will be an escape route outta naija, dreams of the millions) means nothing to you.

My elder brother's friend lost his mum to a little sickness that would have been cured if she was in a good environment even Ghana. She lost her life because there was no electricity with a stupid escuse that the Generator is not working. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me if you wont wish naija was better.

Probably you havent experienced the bitter scourge that most Nigerians experience. Judging life from the yardstick of money only is very flawed and idiotic. How do you enjoy life without electiricty? okay lets assume you have money to buy generator, do you enjoy the noise and the deadly smoke it generates? do you enjoy the fact that your neighbour sleeps in the dark and his child is at risk of motor accident when they go to school alone every morning? do you enjoy the fact that you have to apply for visa everytime you want to travel out for a genuine reason? can you rely on the emergency response of the health officials if you have a minor accident? do you trust the police? do you enjoy the traffic and the litters on the streets? probably you havent experienced life abroad, you wont be saying all this.

As for people looking down on you simply because you reject an UN offer, how are their circumstance? that can be an escapism out of poverty and a direct upliftment to their offspring and family. Migration has also been a core characteristics of the human nature, if anyone choose to migrate, its their choice and their life.

Once again, be happy you got it all good.

255 Likes 20 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by bebe2(f): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sanchez01:
Bless you! Exactly what I have been insinuating. You have nothing to offer, yet you believe going abroad would increase your chances of becoming a better person. It's a backward mentality, if you ask me.

see my brother, its not like that,

no one wants to leave their home and settle outside.

maybe u r financially stable so a job with UN is not a big deal but for others like
you, that could be the ticket out of absolute porverty.

if u and those around u are comfortable, have u ever sat down and wondered about those young children
you see under the bridge? or those old pple u see looking hungry or that disabled person being wheeled about
looking for money?

you may have be desensitised to these issues but for pple who visit nigeria, these are raw experiences because you
tend to forget after awhile how things are in naija until u get home again.

personally, i cant take it. it breaks my heart.
imagine living in a country for 10yrs without seeing a single mad person, then u land in your country and there it is in front of you,
a brother wit matted hair, filthy torn clothes, eating out of the gutters. from there on my mind don spoil.

thats somebody's son or brother or even a father, they havent committed any crime, its sheer badluck dat they have mental illness and nobody seem to care. its beyond me dat pple can see dat everyday and still think its ok , and hail politicians who are clearly embezzling the money meant for the vulnerable in the society.

the west is not heaven but i bet its close.

just one example,
i was very ill last night, severe stomach, at about 3am i couldnt bear it any so i called an ambulance.
within minutes a motor bike came with paramedics and started taking my blood pressure etc in our living room, few minutes later an ambulance came, the motor bike guys handed over and left and the ambulance took me to the hospital.

then i compare that wit my experience in nigeria when my nephews were sick, and u wonder if na God really create all humans.

the morale of the story is, dnt knock it till u ve tried it.

it may not suit u but for me and many others, the west is home for now.

gd night smiley

292 Likes 19 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Manweysabi(m): 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
Op, e be like say you neva taste owite (hardship/poverty) before, abi?

Maybe you were born with silver spoon..

37 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
bebe2:

maybe u r financially stable so a job with UN is not a big deal but for others like

if u and those around u are comfortable, have u ever sat down and wondered about those young children
you see under the bridge? or those old pple u see looking hungry or that disabled person being wheeled about
looking for money?

you may have be desensitised to these issues but for pple who visit nigeria, these are raw experiences because you

imagine living in a country for 10yrs without seeing a single mad person, then u land in your country and there it is in front of you,
a brother wit matted hair, filthy torn clothes, eating out of the gutters. from there on my mind don spoil.

thats somebody's son or brother or even a father, they havent committed any crime, its sheer badluck dat they have mental illness and nobody seem to care. its beyond me dat pple can see dat everyday and still think its ok , and hail politicians who are clearly embezzling the money meant for the vulnerable in the society.

just one example,
i was very ill last night, severe stomach, at about 3am i couldnt bear it any so i called an ambulance.
within minutes a motor bike came with paramedics and started taking my blood pressure etc in our living room, few minutes later an ambulance came, the motor bike guys handed over and left and the ambulance took me to the hospital.

then i compare that wit my experience in nigeria when my nephews were sick, and u wonder if na God really create all humans.

gd night smiley

Lol... You sure have a point and I must confess that your points are well placed. However, I must point out to you that I have always wanted to practice objective journalism which seems to be a mirage in our beloved country. I rounded off my first degree in June. I guess you understand that the financial aspect is not there yet. The argument here is not whether the West is not better than Nigeria; but that running to the West should not be the last resort, particularly when such persons have little or no educational background cum skills to help them scale through.
Goodnight smiley

11 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by moneybag100: 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Manweysabi: Op, e be like say you neva taste owite (hardship/poverty) before, abi?

My brother tell am make he hear....he didn't know life as a poor man in Nigeria can be as hot as hell.

6 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Manweysabi: Op, e be like say you neva taste owite (hardship/poverty) before, abi?

Not really though.
moneybag100:
My brother tell am make he hear....he didn't know life as a poor man Nigeria can be as hot as hell.
I understand the situation clearly and I might take the job someday though. Thanks.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by ibe003(m): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
All I know is that I will never discourage any from traveling abroad. I have done that before but after I found out what is going on in this country I decided to stop it. Our politicians are Inhuman they don't have any good plan for us they are our problem here, noting wrong with the entity called Nigeria, tell me any prominent nigerian his or her children school and base here in Nigeria, even if they do they all have private home abroad, so if you have opportunity of travel please do, but don't try to live illegal cos it will affect you. We are not the only country that love traveling, china, india travel more than us despite their buoyant economy. No let any body to discourage you if you have they opportunity pls go hustle in a right way and come and invest in 9ija, wish all success.

38 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by bebe2(f): 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sanchez01: Lol... You sure have a point and I must confess that your points are well placed. However, I must point out to you that I have always wanted to practice objective journalism which seems to be a mirage in our beloved country. I rounded off my first degree in June. I guess you understand that the financial aspect is not there yet. The argument here is not whether the West is not better than Nigeria; but that running to the West should not be the last resort, particularly when such persons have little or no educational background cum skills to help them scale through.
Goodnight smiley

even without degree,

just be able to read and write.

u go still see ur level work.

there is a standard of living, if ur job doesnt earn u dat, the govt will top it up.

31 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by bsghaulage: 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
bebe2: you more or less say mind and from what have found out, to make impact in this country you just have to get that exposure either as a business man/ entrepreneur or politician. Check out people who are really breaking grounds in businesses check their background I can give tons of names, check out even ministers in Jonathan's govt that are making things happen they were all abroad at one point or the other. For me am an entrepreneur with a bright future but as of now have started preparations to relocate my family while i shuttle because of my business it's a sacrifice am prepared to take thanks

looking for money?

just one example,

gd night smiley

7 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by SkinnyDude(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2014
ehmm. about fixing Nigeria, the stupidd politicians who scattered Ngeria should fix it with their children. none of their children are studying here, when they fall sick, they fly to abroad for medical checkup. why wont they do it here? because they know how messy the system is.
mtcheew!

29 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by esteltiarra: 6:33am On Sep 24, 2014
@bebe2, you have said it all, l was about posting a long epistle earlier but l felt the Op may not see reason with my post, all you said are on point, thanks.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by claremont(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2014
People would always migrate from one place to the other for various reasons. In the EU, citizens of any of the countries migrate from one country to another in search of a better life. Some Americans have been known to migrate to Australia and even as far as the EU all in a bid to eke out a better existence. My point is that migration is a universal characteristic of the human species; and hence, its manifestation among the Nigerian populace is not abnormal, it is a universal norm.

The notion that ''If you cannot make it in Nigeria, you can't make it anywhere else'' is not only ill-informed, but it reeks of ignorance. The first thing that strikes anyone who reads such a statement is ''make it'', everyone's definition of that phrase is different. Some people are quite happy to eke out a miserable existence in a country with appalling public infrastructure, abysmal public services, blatant corruption, and a healthcare system that is a joke. To these people, getting paid peanuts whilst working in the aforementioned country is what they define as having ''made it''.

Thankfully, not everyone believes in sacrificing their destiny on the altar of blindfolded patriotism. This is why people would always migrate. The lure to live a life better than the one currently been lived is far greater than the pull of a below-average abysmal existence they call ''making it in Nigeria''.

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by esteltiarra: 6:52am On Sep 24, 2014
claremont: People would always migrate from one place to the other for various reasons. In the EU, citizens of any of the countries migrate from one country to another in search of a better life. Some Americans have been known to migrate to Australia and even as far as the EU all in a bid to eke out a better existence. My point is that migration is a universal characteristic of the human species; and hence, its manifestation among the Nigerian populace is not abnormal, it is a universal norm.

The notion that ''If you cannot make it in Nigeria, you can't make it anywhere else'' is not only ill-informed, but it reeks of ignorance. The first thing that strikes anyone who reads such a statement is ''make it'', everyone's definition of that phrase is different. Some people are quite happy to eke out a miserable existence in a country with appalling public infrastructure, abysmal public services, blatant corruption, and a healthcare system that is a joke. To these people, getting paid peanuts whilst working in the aforementioned country is what they define as having ''made it''.

Thankfully, not everyone believes in sacrificing their destiny on the altar of blindfolded patriotism. This is why people would always migrate. The lure to live a life better than the one currently been lived is far greater than the pull of a below-average abysmal existence they call ''making it in Nigeria''.

True words full of wisdom.... tongue

20 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2014
claremont: People would always migrate from one place to the other for various reasons. In the EU, citizens of any of the countries migrate from one country to another in search of a better life. Some Americans have been known to migrate to Australia and even as far as the EU all in a bid to eke out a better existence. My point is that migration is a universal characteristic of the human species; and hence, its manifestation among the Nigerian populace is not abnormal, it is a universal norm.

Thankfully, not everyone believes in sacrificing their destiny on the altar of blindfolded patriotism. This is why people would always migrate. The lure to live a life better than the one currently been lived is far greater than the pull of a below-average abysmal existence they call ''making it in Nigeria''

5 star!!!!!!

27 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Alubosa: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2014

*gives him standing ovation* well said bro, well said

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by safarigirl(f): 11:01am On Sep 24, 2014
ibe003: Who is condemning travel what did your country have to offer with about 60% unemployed youth and with poor education system, no mater your academic background be ready to start afresh when you get to western world because you can never get a job with your nigerian master degree even if it is security work, to show you how far our country is, traveling is a part of education, just travel abroad and find legal job no matter how small it is just try to remain legal, you will be far off better than your counterparts here in nigeria.
you apparently know nothing if you assume you'll just travel out and a job will be waiting for you no matter how degrading.

I'll have you know that even the citizens of wherever you're travelling to would also be interested in that shiiit cleaning business you were hoping to snag....

Whatever money you'll make there will be taken away from you in the name of tax. Nigerians don't even know how good they have it here. You watch a few American movies and you think going abroad will be awesome. Na when dem ship your dead body come Naija na that time your relatives' eye go clear.

Only a lazy man will be poor in Nigeria, people in this country run businesses and make up to 100,000 naira per week, some per day even, when they've settled all bills, they cart home at least 2 million naira quarterly.

Seun, Linda Ikeji and co didn't make their money abroad. Banky W, tiwa Savage, seyi shay, Don Jazzy had to leave foreign lands to come and make money here. You never ask those oness wey go come back wetin make them return, you wan go.

I wish you adieu and make sure some red-neck racist c?nt doesnkt end you while you're hustling there

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by safarigirl(f): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
SkinnyDude: ehmm. about fixing Nigeria, the stupidd politicians who scattered Ngeria should fix it with their children. none of their children are studying here, when they fall sick, they fly to abroad for medical checkup. why wont they do it here? because they know how messy the system is.
mtcheew!
which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

113 Likes 25 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2014
safarigirl: you apparently know nothing if you assume you'll just travel out and a job will be waiting for you no matter how degrading.

I'll have you know that even the citizens of wherever you're travelling to would also be interested in that shiiit cleaning business you were hoping to snag....

Whatever money you'll make there will be taken away from you in the name of tax. Nigerians don't even know how good they have it here. You watch a few American movies and you think going abroad will be awesome. Na when dem ship your dead body come Naija na that time your relatives' eye go clear.

Only a lazy man will be poor in Nigeria, people in this country run businesses and make up to 100,000 naira per week, some per day even, when they've settled all bills, they cart home at least 2 million naira quarterly.

Seun, Linda Ikeji and co didn't make their money abroad. Banky W, tiwa Savage, seyi shay, Don Jazzy had to leave foreign lands to come and make money here. You never ask those oness wey go come back wetin make them return, you wan go.

I wish you adieu and make sure some red-neck racist c?nt doesnkt end you while you're hustling there
Truth is, you said my mind without mincing words. We claim Nigeria is bad, yet it birthed Seun and Linda, Japheth Omojuwa, Psquare, Tu-face, and even the so-called D'banj who was abroad did not 'make it' there until he came home. I have always concluded that Nigeria is a natural resources which does not require the regular mining to tap her wealth. Politicians keep looting, yet, it has not barred those who think outside of the boxing from succeeding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2014
safarigirl: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"
You killed it, AGAIN!

12 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2014
safarigirl: you apparently know nothing if you assume you'll just travel out and a job will be waiting for you no matter how degrading.

Do you really believe that? Only a lazy man will be poor in Nigeria? Making 100,000 naira per week as a business man is not a lot of money considering the fact that student working part time in the UK during the summer can make that much after tax and still enjoy free health care, 24/7 electricity and water supply, good road network, faster internet connection, relatively secure environment and higher life expectancy.

I understand that we Nigerians measure level of success by how much money we have in the bank and not by standard of living and quality of our health.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Sanchez01:
Truth is, you said my mind without mincing words. We claim Nigeria is bad, yet it birthed Seun and Linda, Japheth Omojuwa, Psquare, Tu-face, and even the so-called D'banj who was abroad did not 'make it' there until he came home. I have always concluded that Nigeria is a natural resources which does not require the regular mining to tap her wealth. Politicians keep looting, yet, it has not barred those who think outside of the boxing from succeeding.

Its interesting that in a country of about 150 million people you managed to count just few who made it legitimately without going abroad. How about the rest?

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 11:59am On Sep 24, 2014
justwise:

Its interesting that in a country of about 150 million people you managed to count just few who made it legitimately without going abroad. How about the rest?
@the bolded, can you authoritatively state that they are the only achievers/celebrities and epitome of talents in this country? The answer certainly answers yours.

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sanchez01:
@the bolded, can you authoritatively state that they are the only achievers/celebrities and epitome of talents in this country? The answer certainly answers yours.

Certainly they are not the only achievers but my point is..considering the population of Nigeria and our resource the number legitimate higher achievers are negligible

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

10 Most Populated Countries In The World; See Where Nigeria Falls / Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives / Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.