Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country (2761 Views)

CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country / Why Are African Countries Backward Both Socially And Economically ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by econome(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
* Is there any African Country thats comfortable, peaceful and economically stable?
* Standard of living: Is there any Africa nation that can be compare to any of G-8 member states(Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, UK & US)?
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Botswana.

Not counting the HIV issues.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by IGBOSON1: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
Botswana and Gabon.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
i am thinking of South Africa or Nambia...
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by egift(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Libya under Gaddafi.

2 Likes

Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
IGBOSON1: Botswana and Gabon.

Really? Gabon?
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by overhypedsteve(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
A very hard question. I think outside Nigeria i will do well in east Africa ( Kenya) i really like the atmosphere and interactivity between nature and urbanization in its city's plans. Me like that country. But me like me country best.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Non of these countries can b compare to Nigeria if nt corruption or stealing as popularly called
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by econome(m): 5:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Gabon, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, & Libya(under Gaddafi) are the 7countries mentioed so far. Maybe they are our G-7? And can be compare to the G-8, let's check lolz

G8: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Uk and US
G7: Botswana, Gabon, Kenya, Libya, Namibia, Nigeria & S. Africa
Pick from each and compare..grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 24, 2014
teeowl: i am thinking of South Africa or Nambia...
according to stats, over 44 murders are committed in south Africa everyday!
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by reedonne: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Cape verde, sychelles and mauritius.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by ducii: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
econome: * Is there any African Country thats comfortable, peaceful and economically stable?
* Standard of living: Is there any Africa nation that can be compare to any of G-8 member states(Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, UK & US)?

It is Mauritius, in terms of peace, but in terms of Economy then it is Nigeria and South Africa
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by desgiezd(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
iterator24: according to stats, over 44 murders are committed in south Africa everyday!

That's even worse than Nigeria yet western nations would be calling Nigeria names!
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by focus7: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
teeowl: i am thinking of South Africa or Nambia...
u know nothing about South Africa, u are just carried away by their popularity and the fact that they enjoy a cover up by the western media on their crime rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by econome(m): 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
ducii:

It is Mauritius, in terms of peace, but in terms of Economy then it is Nigeria and South Africa
Is Mauritania politically stable? "peace" can only reign in a country when its Politics is stable.

Do we ever enjoy or benefit anything when we hear Nigerian economy has grown up to a certain percent?
Whenever the dollar falls, do you ever feel any economic relief in your finances?
The last time 'i heard' Nigerian Economy is now the largest in Africa, i say na only for newspaper, tv/radio, and internet we go deh see am, abi the prices of ur households items don come down since we became the biggest economy?
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by reedonne: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
econome:
Is Mauritania politically stable? "peace" can only reign in a country when its Politics is stable.

Do we ever enjoy or benefit anything when we hear Nigerian economy has grown up to a certain percent?
Whenever the dollar falls, do you ever feel any economic relief in your finances?
The last time 'i heard' Nigerian Economy is now the largest in Africa, i say na only for newspaper, tv/radio, and internet we go deh see am, abi the prices of ur households items don come down since we became the biggest economy?

He is talking of mauritius not mauritiana. Mauritius is the most politically stable country in africa, first in good governance index, human right, etc.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by reedonne: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
econome:

He is talking of mauritius not mauritiana. Mauritius have the secondard largest HDI in africa, 1 in ease of doing business, defeat many europian country to take no 18th position in the world in term of functional democracy, no 4 in africa transparency index, No24 and No1 africa in global peace index.
I think you need to look at this link to look at the type of country mauritius is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_Mauritius#Economy
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by econome(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oh I'm sorry..oh Mauritius got very good stats..I'm gonna read more about the nation
reedonne:
He is talking of mauritius not mauritiana. Mauritius have the secondard largest HDI in africa, 1 in ease of doing business, defeat many europian country to take no 18th position in the world in term of functional democracy, no 4 in africa transparency index, No24 and No1 africa in global peace index.
I think you need to look at this link to look at the type of country mauritius is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_Mauritius#Economy
econome:
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by reedonne: 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
econome: Oh I'm sorry..oh Mauritius got very good stats..I'm gonna read more about the nation

I stumbled on the country in a report about ease of doing business in Africa. I immediately make few research and at the end of my research, I find out that many small african country are doing better than the well known larger one.
Maybe you should also take a look at cape verde and sychelless as well.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by sunboy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
MAURITIUS ....Go and read about that small country.
Re: Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country by econome(m): 6:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Sychelless and Cape Verde? They sound like Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Norway in Europe, are not famous but their standard of living surpass so many popular european states..
reedonne:
I stumbled on the country in a report about ease of doing business in Africa. I immediately make few research and at the end of my research, I find out that many small african country are doing better than the well known larger one.
Maybe you should also take a look at cape verde and sychelless as well.

(1) (Reply)

APC Town Hall Meeting In Benin. Osinbajo, Fashola & Oshiomole Are Live. / Certificate Saga: Housa Language Not Offered in 1961 Exams - Thisday / Mrs Buhari And Mrs Osinbajo Support Buhari In London(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.