Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring (1574 Views)

As Arase Retires, Search For His Replacement Hots Up / 5 APC Senators' Petition To Remove Saraki&Ekweremadu Hots Up As Judge Withdraws / APC Stalwarts Gather As Oshiomole Commissions Uselu Lagos Road(photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by VAQAXY: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2014
BENIN CITY—AHEAD the 2015 presidential election, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, has submitted a letter of intent to the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, just as he intensified consultations with stakeholders across the country, including former Presidents, Vanguard has gathered.

It was gathered that time table for his nationwide consultation meeting with APC governors, meetings with former presidents, opening of his campaign headquarters in Abuja and Edo State and setting up of committees would soon be made public.
His former governorship campaign office will serve as his presidential campaign office in Edo State, it was gathered.
*Oshiomhole

*Oshiomhole

Vanguard gathered that majority of the APC governors may soon endorse him as their candidate due to the belief that his popularity cuts across the country, which is one of the attributes they intend to explore to stop President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who, incidentally, is expected to visit Edo State this weekend.

Vanguard learnt that the intention of the governor was to take a long rest after his tenure as governor must have expired in 2016, but persistent pressure on him to join the presidential race from APC governors and influential Nigerians may have made him change his mind.
If the governor picks the APC ticket, he may be squaring up with President Jonathan, who also is from the South-South.

However, the Special Adviser to the governor, Mr Kaseem Afegbua, who reacted to the governor’s alleged presidential ambition, said that the governor has the pedigree to run for the highest position in the country, therefore, people should not be surprised if he decides to join the race.

“I don’t know why it appears strange that Adams Oshiomhole is running for president? Does he not have the pedigree to do so or some people are just trying to be cynical about his ambition? Or the PDP is jittery, knowing fully well that Oshiomhole enjoys national support and a greater appeal than some of those presently eyeing the plum position.

“Since the news broke, we have been inundated with several telephone calls which also suggests that a lot of Nigerians across socio-political divides welcome the idea. Some of those highly placed Nigerians that spoke to us concede to the fact that he is eminently qualified to run for the nation’s highest office.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/2015-presidency-oshiomhole-submits-letter-intent-apc-leadership/#sthash.df5O08bt.dpuf
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by VAQAXY: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2014
If the Islamic APC mistakenly fields Oshiomole-Ngige ticket, then GEJ may have a very rough road on his path..

2 Likes

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2014
VAQAXY: If the Islamic APC fields Oshiomole-Ngige ticket, then GEJ may have a very rough road on his path..

am telling u o because he will defiantly win o.good choice for the apc I pray he becomes the candidate wink

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by billsteve(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2014
Oshiomole!! No waist your time ... You no go win!

2 Likes

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Holywizard: 10:21am On Sep 24, 2014
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by quinnboy: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Habah!....Oshio, this one no be comrade thing Oº°ºooOº°ºoo . Naija big pass africa Oº°ºooOº°ºoo in case u no know. U fit buy form sha but trust me no be place for inexperienced politician like u.

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
snrman: am telling u o because he will defiantly win o.good choice for the apc I pray he becomes the candidate wink
amen oo,i believe in oshiomole than any other candidate in any party be it in apc self.I pray he is given the chance.
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Sunshineluv(f): 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
GEJ TILL 2019. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
quinnboy: Habah!....Oshio, this one no be comrade thing Oº°ºooOº°ºoo . Naija big pass africa Oº°ºooOº°ºoo in case u no know. U fit buy form sha but trust me no be place for inexperienced politician like u.
What do you mean by inexperienced politician?
Mr man we dont need politician,what we need is a leader.
And by the way what have those experienced politician done to better the lives of the citizen or the development of this nation.
Voting the right person to power is not about what we will gain from it today,but the landmark it will create in future

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by ede1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
If APC gives osho baba its presidential ticket then that is the CHANGE we have been waiting for. I will not only vote for him but I will campaign for him too.

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Listen, those in the “south-south will not trade a sitting president for an aspirant” while those in the north will not want a new southerner that will come and spend EIGHT YEARS before the presidency will come to the north, they will just queue behind GEJ than oshio. Also, the ibos, and of cause some Yorubas will always play spoil sport, oshiomhole is from a very small ethnic group in Nigeria.

Oshiomhole, forget the idea……
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by thwarrior72: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Let's see if the islamist in that ISISI like party will not tell him to fu..ck of & mind his small ethic group

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Jmain: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
BobE1: Listen, those in the “south-south will not trade a sitting president for an aspirant” while those in the north will not want a new southerner that will come and spend EIGHT YEARS before the presidency will come to the north, they will just queue behind GEJ than oshio. Also, the ibos, and of cause some Yorubas will always play spoil sport, oshiomhole is from a very small ethnic group in Nigeria.

Oshiomhole, forget the idea……

Quality Political calculation . . . .Well done bruv cool

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by comos: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
VAQAXY: If the Islamic APC mistakenly fields Oshiomole-Ngige ticket, then GEJ may have a very rough road on his path..
I bet you these two people will sell the party to PDP at the eve of the election, just as Tinubu did.
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by lyntiffany(f): 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sunshineluv: GEJ TILL 2019. Shikena
I love you for this comment kiss

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by donphilopus: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
lyntiffany: I love you for this comment kiss

Lesbianism alert!
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by philantoxx(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
APC got their hands full wit so many aspirants already.
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by quinnboy: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
ezex:
What do you mean by inexperienced politician?
Mr man we dont need politician,what we need is a leader.
And by the way what have those experienced politician done to better the lives of the citizen or the development of this nation.
Voting the right person to power is not about what we will gain from it today,but the landmark it will create in future
brotherly....i don't mean hes not capable what i mean is that presidential seat if not for a yesterday politician like Oshio......u know nah.
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by lyntiffany(f): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
donphilopus:

Lesbianism alert!
Like seriously are you this daft?
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by donphilopus: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
lyntiffany: Like seriously are you this daft?

I never knew I quoted an immature sheila; I'm sorry though!
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Alexcollins(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
I pity those dat wish dis evil dictator comRAID as their president. He will simply run down dis country rigging election, buying cocain and looking for young ladies around d world. Pls we need a true democrat, a man with sincere human heart, a man dat will take our fundermental human right as his number one priority. GEJ is dat man. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Gboliwe: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
He will jump out faster than he jumped in.

Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for him to make the spot in APC

1 Like

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by idumuose(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Does he not have the pedigree to do so or some people are just trying to be cynical about his ambition? Or the PDP is jittery knowing fully well that Oshiomhole enjoys national support and a greater appeal than some of those presently eyeing the plum position
Buhari wants to contest,PDP is jittery
Tambuwal wants to contest,PDP is jittery
Wamakko wants to contest,PDP is jittery
Kwashiorkor Kwankwaso wants to contest,PDP is jittery.

Every single person in APC is a threat to PDP,yet they lost Ekiti state,
They lost nuhu Ribadu.They will lose Rotimi Amaechi very soon.
PDP is jittery my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by ModusOperandi(f): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is ridiculous!
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by Sunshineluv(f): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
lyntiffany: I love you for this comment kiss
Kiss!
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by JEITO: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
This APC presidential race has turned into a WWE royal rumble o grin
Re: Battle For APC Presidential Ticket Hots Up As Oshiomole Jumps Into The Ring by nduchucks: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
The battle will be fought and Buhari may very well win the nomination democratically and squarely.

Since Fashola is pussyfooting , a Buhari Oshiomole may emerge. A Muslim/Christian ticket.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa / Asari Dokubo Is My Mentor! No apologies to Berem. / #hurricaneagbaje# Is Massively Sweeping Through Lagos: Vote Wisely!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.