Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video (73177 Views)

Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video / Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by kreamiedol(f): 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Stillwater,

There is much to the condemnation of Nigeria than just the social impact of what happened to the lady.  A lot of Nigerians have a glamourized view of European countries and America.  To them Nigeria is a sorry land and its people are bad.  From their unglorified thrones in capital cities in Europe and America these idiots fail to see that humanity generally need to evolve and improve our social contact skills and kindness to one another.  It is not a American problem or a European problem or a Nigerian problem, it is a global problem.

I live in US and when a black person is brutalized and killed or unfairly sent to prison for a crime he has not commited you don't hear it on our forum boards and if it appears it is a silent criticism and the buffons cower and shiver in their skin cautious not to over criticize and be deported from their host country.  Justice should be demanded on account of humanity, not on the background of Nationality.  

When Sean Bell was murdered few months ago how many Nigerians went on the outcry and condemned USA?

When the police officers that killed him were set free, how many Nigerians condemned USA?  

There was a 5yr old boy in Florida some years back that was tasered, how many of us went on an outcry and condemned the Florida government?

Stillwater, do you get my point?   If its not good in Nigeria for a innocent citizen to be treated the way this lady was treated, then it is not good in USA for any person to be brutalized, much more murdered in cold blood.  Everyday on CNN you see a iReporter clip of someone getting victimized by police and yet you never hear any outcry from these USA worshippers who are quick to condemn their own fatherland.
wen sean bell was murdered , y dint u start d outcry, and c if naijas will not follow,
sum1 stood up 2 this,, and we dat share the same view wiv d person is doing d same 2 see d end of this,
u r just pointless 2 me
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by JJYOU: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Sylve, Thanks. I like to shut people up who are idiotic in their perspective.
JJ,
I have news for you - we just did with Obama! Unless you want to tell me that Obama was running for Presidency in Nigeria.
really!! that is the brutality and violence your wonderful people love coming out from your obscene mind. Nigeria is in trouble if people like you classify themselves wise. it didn't occur to you that ABM is world wide phenomenon did it? i rest my case.

i am out of your radar
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by NegroNtns(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2008
when sean bell was murdered , y dint u start d outcry, and c if naijas will not follow,

Kreamiedol,

You see, I told you! You are a buffon!! You just finished singing Zombie and then you turned around and say if I had started the outcry on Sean Bell people will follow. I need to read what you just said in context of your song and my earlier response that this is a problem for humanity. A lot of people have college degree but only a handful are truly intelligent.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Stillwater,

There is much to the condemnation of Nigeria than just the social impact of what happened to the lady.  A lot of Nigerians have a glamourized view of European countries and America.  To them Nigeria is a sorry land and its people are bad.  From their unglorified thrones in capital cities in Europe and America these idiots fail to see that humanity generally need to evolve and improve our social contact skills and kindness to one another.  It is not a American problem or a European problem or a Nigerian problem, it is a global problem.

I live in US and when a black person is brutalized and killed or unfairly sent to prison for a crime he has not commited you don't hear it on our forum boards and if it appears it is a silent criticism and the buffons cower and shiver in their skin cautious not to over criticize and be deported from their host country.  Justice should be demanded on account of humanity, not on the background of Nationality.  

When Sean Bell was murdered few months ago how many Nigerians went on the outcry and condemned USA?

When the police officers that killed him were set free, how many Nigerians condemned USA?  

There was a 5yr old boy in Florida some years back that was tasered, how many of us went on an outcry and condemned the Florida government?

Stillwater, do you get my point?   If its not good in Nigeria for a innocent citizen to be treated the way this lady was treated, then it is not good in USA for any person to be brutalized, much more murdered in cold blood.  Everyday on CNN you see a iReporter clip of someone getting victimized by police and yet you never hear any outcry from these USA worshippers who are quick to condemn their own fatherland.

I understand the perspective you're coming from, but you would agree with me that Nigeria's democracy and its attitude towards human right is a far cry from most democracies of the world. This is the reason why many Nigerians would be quick to act mostly by "mouth" in annoyance. Silent criticism will work in Nigeria only if we as Nigerians believe in the spirit of diplomacy. Fact is our leaders lack diplomacy, our government is one of who has the loudest bark and sharpest bite . Silent criticism would definitely be foreign to them. Go on Youtube under police brutality and see how people make an uproar over issues as this. Nairalanders badmouthing her government is a human response to this wicked act that we are forced to see in Nigeria daily grin. I have lived in both Nigeria and the US, and I'll like to say as far as you obey the laws, the degree of harrassment you get in the US is infinitesimal compared to that of Nigeria. Infact I've never been harassed here.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by NegroNtns(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2008
On the scale of social democracy, Nigeria is not where USA is. If we want to democracy I am open to beat that discussion to death. Is democracy the right way for Nigeria to govern or are we clamouring for democracy because that is what they practice in the West?

Do we need to have a discussion on the best fit system for our unique country or should we just blindly follow , like Zombie, and adopt the caucasian system? There are many attributes that are totally irreconciliable and inharmonious between a white culture and a black culture and until we identify and become self-determinant in our own destiny, democracy, however much we preach it will not resolve our grievances and pains. Who are we fooling?

I agree that witnessing a barbaric action as we see on the video causes the spirit to recoil in anger and sadness but nonetheless, our Nationality is not the cause of the problem. Our collective conscience at the global level need to be reawakened to the fundamental and basic needs of the soul for certain naturally endowed rights.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by santavista: 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2008
I saw dis gist as a headline in d punch 2day 4 d first tym. D ratings or bodydogs who executed such barbaric act acted solely as zombies discharging their duties as instructed by their supreme supposed 'celestial' head. Thus d entity who is principal nd responsible is d 'madmiral'. He must b stripped of all he has achieved till date as a lesson to all of us who easily 4get dat we were once in a dunghill. Imagine if dis lady was his daughter? Wicked pple abound in human skin. Baba buruku
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by debosky(m): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2008
It seems the story is metamorphosing

- the Senate is querying the naval chief involved

- the woman involved is the daugher of the Sergeant at Arms (mace bearer) at the National Assembly (aka important/big man pikin)

- Fashola and others are calling for prosecution.

We might not be where we need to be, but there is definitely some form of progress here.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by bodija(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2008
What a great nation indeed. Wanders, They say shall never end. grin
A country that has leaders. Lord[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Pls i need to leave this country. shocked
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by DeepZone: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2008
From police brutality to sexism, Nigeria is guilty of all before God and will never be blessed by God unless they stop the maltreatment and injustice unto women.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by beystwin: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2008
I feel sorry for Nigerian women. People in uniform brutalize them at will. Sharia will do it's own, husbands and other family members will abuse and get away with it. cry cry cry
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by lynxnoon(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2008
i just saw on stv dis evening where Fashola had a press conference and talked about taking up/ backing the victim
Men dose guys r in deep s****t now because i know dia boss wil definitely want to cover his behind grin grin grin
More KUDUs to FASHOLA abeg!! smiley smiley
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by doyin13(m): 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2008
well i hope this kind of query becomes a regular feature in our polity
and not a one off because the victim na big man pikin  undecided undecided
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by bawomolo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2008
he woman involved is the daugher of the Sergeant at Arms (mace bearer) at the National Assembly (aka important/big man pikin)

gbese repete
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2008
lol
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by ow11(m): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

JJ,

I have news for you - we just did with Obama! Unless you want to tell me that Obama was running for Presidency in Nigeria.

The entire planet was swept with Obamamania, so NL doing same isn't out of place. Nigerians do not watch local cable news in the various US cities but they watch and read Nigeria news and should be the first to condemn any ill taking place in our society. The insanity perpertrated by our 'leaders' and their goons who still thinks this is 1997 would continue to be exposed including Adm. 'clear the traffic jam' !
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by paddymi: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2008
Fashola ko Lofasho ni! damn politician and his nonsensical rhetorics.

As for all of this, i say again its all tales by moonlight. Big big grammer, if any justice is seen to be done, i will send #500 recharge card to all of you blowing hot air.

Obama said , "we can" and in the case of nigeria i say we can, some day we might get somewhere but for now sorry, we aint going nowhere as we have not laid the proper foundations and dont blow hot air that we are starting with this.

So till we get there, please like someone said "when in nigeria act like nigerians" and beware of mad dogs in all manner of uniforms and comot for road when dem dey com unless yu go reciv eegbaju buruku wey fit blind yu asides yu getting stripped and yur juizee borbby will receive fresh air.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by randombee: 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2008
We should all condenm this disgraceful act of cowardise on the part of so-called naval officers.These things happen all the time here in Nigeria,God has only used this incident to expose the brutal injustice of the Nigerian society.

No matter what anybody likes to say, the truth is that the rate of civil right violation in Nigeria is alarming. If you doubt me go to any busy part of Lagos and see how hoodlums trample on the rights of honest citizens in the  name  of enforcing local laws with the support of the L.G authorities. Just the other day at okota,a pregnant young lady was brutalized by operatives of the Isolo L.G in the name of enforcing sanitary inspection laws.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by koolkid1(f): 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2008
every1 is just postin replies without thinkin straight
d lady in question was on d wrong side of d road and she assaulted d rating n tore his uniform
even d navy has it in recaords that she apologised2 d rear admiral and her father also did
we r so gullible n dont investigate matters before we barge into issues
Rear Admiral Arogundade is a good man n d Navy dont cause trouble
She must av crossed her boundry even before actions were taken
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by bunmii(f): 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ koolkid
so i guess you are saying what they did was right??
ur admiral is a very nasty nasty poor excuse for a man, what he should have done(if she was in the wrong) was to have her arrested not beaten & stripped.
civilized people just don't do that & i hope him & his thugs get what they deserve.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by perewesley(m): 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2008
those naval ratings and their oga would be made to answer,,,,the long arm of the law would catch up with them,,,,,that na why e no good to dey f''ck up oh,,,,,those navy boys go f''ck up wit d wrong girl,,,,,i hear say the girl na daughter of one col. wen bi sergeant at arms 4 national assembly,,,,,them don summon CNs chief of naval staff,,,,sharp sharp,,,,,anyway na those ratings go sha suffer am last last,,,,,,,them just they do like animal,,,,dem no for their wildest dream tink say them go enter yawa for beating that poor girl, lesson from this-------------don f''ck up anyhow,,,,,u don know who that person might bi,,,,,,u may just be f''cking wit d wrong marine, for more info check this punch link    http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20081107184896
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by toshacer: 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2008
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Obalende: 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ Koolkid
officers arrest and not beat up.

arrest is civilised, beat up with a horsewhip is uncivilised, barbaric and savage.

Whatever boundary is crossed warrants arrest by force NOT stripping of her top  and flogging (jungle justice in my opinion).

and what boundary are we talking about that might have been crossed? I believe it is proper to assert ones right (she came out and held the horsewhip or whatever it was) - do you expect her to just watch her car hit, and her herself assaulted and she should not do anything lest she cross the boundary of barbaric idiots?
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by dbaptist1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2008
its such a pity that such barbaric acts could go on in our country Nigeria angry and to cap it all it was done in the open
at almost 50 years, Nigeria,where are we heading to
a lady 4 dat mat, , haba
e dey pain me angry sad

we need prayaz
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by afunto: 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2008
Oga oooo. I saw this y'day i can believe it as in shocked poor wickedness,
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Cipriani(m): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2008
@kool kid E B like say D admiral na Ur papa. I only pray say U no enter dat kain harassment because na den U go no if he B good man or not. cool cool
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Cipriani(m): 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2008
Wit dis kain tin wey don hapun, I think I nid a recess 4rm dis world. Dos any1 no were D heaven embassies are located? I nid 2 relocate 2 heaven 4 a while were D angels wil not maltreat me grin grin grin
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Ellyptical: 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ kool Kid
kool kid:

everyone is just postin replies without thinkin straight
d lady in question was on d wrong side of d road and she assaulted d rating n tore his uniform
even d navy has it in recaords that she apologised2 d rear admiral and her father also did
we r so gullible n don't investigate matters before we barge into issues
Rear Admiral Arogundade is a good man n d Navy don't cause trouble
She must av crossed her boundry even before actions were taken

Driving on the wrong side of the road is a civil offense. Penalty? A fine.
Physical assault is a criminal offense. Penalty? Can be up to a jail term - making you a felon for life.
Tearing a Naval officer's uniform after her car was hit is Self-Defense. Penalty? None.Its even recommended to defend yourself.
Clear?
Last time I checked, robbers were dressing in military uniforms to rob so even if she blew and kicked him, or even took his gun and shot him dead, so long as she did it after the naval officer charged at her fiercely and hit her car, she'll walk out of the court room scot free. Not to talk of a case where she was whipped and assaulted first.
You seem biased. Can you please identify yourself?
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 08, 2008
admiral don dey regret," chei!! wetin carry me go muri okunola that day o!!! i for stay for office jeje! now i don destroy my career, any time people come across my name, admiral arogundade, na wife beater, woman beater, baby beater, dem go dey call me, haa i don soil my papa and pickin name o!! chei!! why dem no post me go naija delta, e for better pass this o! eh!!God deliver me from this one o!" dear former admiral arogundade you are hereby asked to resign ur comission with the nigerian navy or be faced with a general court marshal of the whole armed forces including the police for bringing it into disrepute, as for the ratings or whatever they call themselves they should consider themselves dismissed from the day the crime occured. long live the nigerian armed forces minus the police, long live nigeria, thank you.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by bintab(f): 12:36am On Nov 08, 2008
kool kid needs to be hang, that is my judgement. E jo ti tan.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by omoge(f): 1:40am On Nov 08, 2008
country of women battary.
shame
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by samtek(m): 1:55am On Nov 08, 2008
@ all i think we should send the video to all emails of the national assemblies,
and more so i havent seen the video is has been deleted frm the link http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-134234
i also suggest we shld send it to foreign media this is not STIGMATIZING NIGERIA it is about FIGHTING FOR THE RIGTH OF IT CITIZEN
these animals who live on tax payers money and by duty are suppose the protect the citizens are the ones molesting US
they should be made to pay for their wrong doings.
people who are allowed by law to handle gun should forst and formost be taught to control their tamper. what if to say we all dey allowed to carry guns them think say them for fit shoot pass us mak them take their so thAT as EDRIS ans RUGGED MAN talk "make gun no become something wen all man dey wan carrry.
guy post the videos again and drop link where others can view it. hopefully help would come to this COUNTRY somehow
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by toshacer: 2:12am On Nov 08, 2008
omoge:

country of women battary.
shame

Look here - what will you then call America?

Police brutality in America - with video

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=police+brutality&search_type=&aq=f

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Charly Boy Blasts Willie Obiano: You Look Like An Old Drunk Palmwine Tapper (Pix / Governor Ganduje Snubs Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje Ohanaemere (Video) / Inside Niger Delta Creeks Where The Youths Are Raking In Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.