Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231759 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
Viewing this topic: queenjoe(f), ifyude(f), misspatsy(f), Mzmira(f)
i catch dm
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Glammieb(f): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nice story line. I admire your work. More grease to your elbow n more ink to your pen.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
prettydiva89:

seconded
happy easter dear
Serena should chill
Exactly cheesy

How you enjoying the celebration??
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
kitnah:

Exactly cheesy

How you enjoying the celebration??

great and you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by amiablejudy(f): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
D9tyz,good piece dear I'm enjoying this
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by amiablejudy(f): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
D9tyz,good piece dear I'm enjoying this,weldone.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
D9ty7 com n update oooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by skinnybleed(m): 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Wow dats a hell of an update, u killed it again 'as expected' I dey yur back like sch bag....keep it coming bro
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
prettydiva89:
Serena your mouth ehn
Abeg tell her oo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by aprilwise(m): 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
D9ty7. I like every character of this story am really enjoying reading this masterpiece. Your consistentcy of updating is superb it makes readers enjoy it. Mecci
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by misspatsy(f): 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
I started dis story 2day n av caught up finally.just cud nt stop readin dis piece 2 dis page.D9ty7,God has rili blessed u wit a great talent;keepin us spellbound til nw.more power 2 ur ba3 n hands
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015

Anita was seated on her bed, she was currently in her fifth week stay at Womile hotel where she had been lodged since she left her husband's home. She was thinking of her affair with Barrister Olu Thomas and all other men she had come accross, the ones she had slept with, the ones she had played according to her, the ones she had extorted, the ones she had dwindled and other fortunate ones who were able to escape from her claws in time before she could take them up.
She remembered how she had met Oluwole Thomas as a twenty year old food mobile food vendor. She remembered the very first time they met, he was according to him working with a popular post independence construction company which was owned by a whiteman. How she had spoken to him shyly, how he developed interest in her and showered praises on her with big grammers according to her. She remembered how she one a daily basis made it a point of duty to stop at the construction site and Oluwole who was the assistent supervisor would make sure, defaulters among the labourers pay before they are served new meal on credit. Over time, their friendship grew and Anita became the envy in the village, such that on sundays, Oluwole would always visit her family house in his then expensive Raleigh bicycle. But unfortunately, the friendship lasted two months, because the construction projects had to be stopped on the orders of the millitary government in power then, and even though Wole suggested that they keep in touch with letters, Anita wasn't that learned, and the only telephone booth around was about a six hours drive away from her village into the city.
But, as God would have it, Oluwole set up his own construction firm two years later and he ran into Anita at his former employer's house where she was acting as the house help. Immediately, Wole made her resign and he took her to his one room self contain located inside the University of Ibadan staff quarters, the same apartment he lived as a student. That was how they started living as couples, by this time, Wole's level had upgraded, because he now rode in one of the most expensive Vesper motorcycle. They lived for the next couple of months, during which Anita met with his family and with plastic smiles, they welcomed her, but immediately she was out of hearshot, they told Wole point blank that he has no future with the 'sharp eyed' girl according to his late mother.
She remembered how she had gotten pregnant, even though she was unsure of whose responsibility it was, but to save herself, she had to give it to Wole who seemed the best candidate of the three men who were likely to be owners. And preparation for the wedding began in earnest. And that period, she intensified her spirituality as she moved from church to church, shrine to shrine, mosque to mosque to ensure that Wole became hers. And coincidentally the marriage happened and the started living happily, even though in abject poverty which would later come to an end decades later when Wole single handedly handled the Lagos-Ibadan expressway construction, as well as the Benin-ore expressway. But all the while, she ran a small shop around the old Gbagi market where she sold absolutely nothing, but returned home with money to cater for her children. Wole never asked where the money was coming from because he knew only few women could do that for their husbands.
And therefore, when the mega money came into picture, Wole made sure he built the largest supermarket for her as at 2006, only to be bettered by Shoprite, seven years later.
"Wole doesn't deserve this." She thought as tears rolled down her cheeks.
She with shaky hand picked up her phone composed a message which goes thus;
I want to believe you still remember what is at stake. Ensure that I return to Wole's house or you stand the chance of loosing this very big family. I will ensure I break you all apart. Remember, I have nothing to loose.
--Anny--"
Less than two minutes later, a message flew in which reads;
[b]You know I am doing all I can to make that happen. Our secrets remains our secret. Wole will have to accept you whichever ways.
--***--

She smiled in satisfaction as she walked towards the intercom which stood on the bedside stool.
"Wole, you sure don't deserve this, but you made me throw my dignity to the dogs, you should have taken you time to check how I am making my money, but your desperation to make it big shielded you from performing your duties as the head. I pray, Serena doesn't follow in my footsteps." She wrote into her diary before slumping on the floor and the strong hands of sleep swept her off.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
misspatsy:
I started dis story 2day n av caught up finally.just cud nt stop readin dis piece 2 dis page.D9ty7,God has rili blessed u wit a great talent;keepin us spellbound til nw.more power 2 ur ba3 n hands
Wow! I really appreciate this comment. You mean you read all these within a day? Hope you didn't skip lunch sha? And I hope it was worth the read.
I will keep delivering, so far you guys keep reading and commenting.
@Aprilwise: I see ya.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2015
One more update before noon. Yes. It has been typed. The updates scheduled for tomorrow has been typed too, so all I need to do is fetch it, paste it and submit.
And to all #teamSerena, you will have to bear with your girl because she will act foolishly in the next update.
And we the #teamJake, we are still on point.
The #teamAnita, you are in control of the situation.
#teamObi, #teamOluwole, you are so on your own o.
Enough! Oya drop your comments.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:44am On Apr 06, 2015
Viewing this topic: Mourin(f), Vimlady(f), Teespice(f), D9ty7(m) and 3 guest(s)
To those in bold, I have never seen your comments on this thread and as God would have it, bushmeat don catch the hunter today. Lemme see how you won't comment.
Leave without commenting and risk getting banned.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by misspatsy(f): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2015
D9ty7:

Wow! I really appreciate this comment. You mean you read all these within a day? Hope you didn't skip lunch sha? And I hope it was worth the read.
I will keep delivering, so far you guys keep reading and commenting.
@Aprilwise: I see ya.
U can stil read n eat at d same tym....lol....as far as its nt ur exam
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by bigwig97(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Hmmm... it's like I'm leaving #teamOluwole for #teamAnita
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Mourin(f): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2015
D9ty7:
Viewing this topic: Mourin(f), Vimlady(f), Teespice(f), D9ty7(m) and 3 guest(s)
To those in bold, I have never seen your comments on this thread and as God would have it, bushmeat don catch the hunter today. Lemme see how you won't comment.
Leave without commenting and risk getting banned.
U caught me red handed, i have been a silent follower, but i must confess dis story is second 2 non, more ink 2 ur pen #teamnate.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
I wasnt the one that celebrated na undecided
princessadeola:
happy birthday
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 8:59am On Apr 06, 2015
Anita's infidelity na anoda thin o. What! Patrick too enjoyed . This woman! N she is blamin sumone? Wat of those faithful ones who wait fot yrs before their husbands return frm abroad?. All these while wole was jus a funny man sharing his plate wif all. Even if she returns, All her kids will dislike her.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by princessadeola(f): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2015
D9ty7:
One more update before noon. Yes. It has been typed. The updates scheduled for tomorrow has been typed too, so all I need to do is fetch it, paste it and submit.
And to all #teamSerena, you will have to bear with your girl because she will act foolishly in the next update.
And we the #teamJake, we are still on point.
The #teamAnita, you are in control of the situation.
#teamObi, #teamOluwole, you are so on your own o.
Enough! Oya drop your comments.
cant wait
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 9:11am On Apr 06, 2015
team#nobody..
all of dem r annoying
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Teespice(f): 9:14am On Apr 06, 2015
in your mind you caught me abi. lol

you are a good writer. many people have told you so.

it's better you start appreciating the silent followers, don't you think.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:21am On Apr 06, 2015
He just de do like oliver, oliver, oliver twist. Oboy this anita na badwoman.

Dee keep it coming
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by skinnybleed(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2015
@D9ty7 Spoiler Alert, we enjoy the suspense bro don't spoil the movie by telling us the actors best frnd will die na.........keep it coming!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by teolagacy(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Anita but why,not just olu even patrick,all in just 1 family......#Team ........

Let me wait till the next update first.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2015

Serena woke up this morning in one of the best moods of her life, such that immediately after the morning devotion, she started doing her chores. She swept her room, cleaned the living room, the dusty electronics, cleaned the dinning room, crossed over to the kitchen, moved to the front of the house where she swept a portion of the compound and left the rest for the gateman to take care off. She hummed Joel's HAPPY DAY as she cleaned the garden.
Then her mind flashed back to her last meeting with Taiwo which was five days ago, then she realised the bad friend she was. It was high time they settled their differences and move on like nothing happened, but none of them was willing to be the matured of the duo. Their pride and ego won't allow them make the matured call for peace and in the absence of a third party, they would continue keeping malice at each other.
But Serena in her very happy mood decided to make the call and settle her differences with Taiwo. But, such things can't be done on phone, then she decided to pay her a suprise visit so as to apologise, but one problem was that, she didn't know her address, which was where Dave would play an active role. She concluded as she carried her cleaning materials and made for the main house.
She knocked gently on his door and moments later, a handsome looking Dave, dressed in a sky blue shirt and a black slim fitted trouser.
"Hi." He said.
"Can I come in?" She asked.
"Sure." He replied stepping aside and opening the door for her wider.
She gingerly walked into her brothers room and the sight she beheld suprise her because she didn't know her brother to be a fan of hardcore rap music as giant posters of tupac, Biggie, Ludachris, Cardinalofficial, Lilwayne, Jay Z, Eminem were all pasted on the wall. She didn't know the last time she entered this particular room, not even by mistake.
"I need a favour from you." She began as she sat on his bed.
"What's that?" He asked as he zipped up his laptop bag.
"I need Sister Bolaji's address." She said.
"Sister Bolaji? Who is that?" He asked.
"You don't know your girlfriend again?" She replied with an offended look.
"Don't give me that look jor. I was taken by suprise, you know, I wasn't expecting you to ask for her address, I mean what business do you have with her?" He explained.
"I have no business with your girlfriend, I am going to see Taiwo." She replied.
"And you can't ask from Taiwo abi?"
"Well, if you must know, I am not on good terms with her and my sole aim of visiting is to suprise her and apologise." Serena replied.
"Serena of life! Always picking fight with everybody. I hail o." He said mockingly.
"I didn't pick fight with anybody. I only want to make peace, because I felt it needed." Serena replied.
"Peacemaker. All I know is that, you are in a way at fault. Abi no be you?" He said mockingly as he took a step backward.
"Whatever. Are you giving me the address or not?"
"Of course I am. Who am I not to give you the address?" He said as he explained to her how to go about her intended journey.
------------------------------------------
Jake rose up from his bed with a sad look on his face. Even though it has become an habbit for him to wake up before 7:30am of recent, he still woke up everyday wishing he hadn't woke up at all.
Even though he slept late every night, he still found it difficult to sleep for three straight hours without waking up. Either he was up around 2am thinking about his life so far, the decisions he had made, his future, how the decisions may affect his life later on. Other times, he was thinking about his American girlfriend who was always pestering him for a return to the state after his extended stay in Nigeria. The height of his thoughts was always his decision to stay back in Nigeria because he loved Serena and days after his stay was confirmed, he with his own hands destroyed all he had worked for. Now he had to settle for Stephanie and Serena seemed to have moved on. He felt like the looser because he had no iota of love for steph and his decision to spite Serena was all a waste.
He picked up his phone and sent a message with shaky hands.
-

Ten minutes later, Dave had driven out of the house with their father, which means Serena had the house all to herself, but there was nothing spectacular about it. No friend to invite.
As she was fixing herself a quick breakfast, a message flew into her phone. It reads;
I know I am the worst person you've ever seen and I don't deserve your friendship. Do me this last favour, CAN WE PLEASE MEET?
A part of her wanted to reply with a quick YES, but remembering what Taiwo would say, she decided to show her the message before giving him her YES.

--to be continued--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Peacefulness: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Serena should just face her academics and forget about having a boy friend. That's what i was taught as a teen and it really helped. Let me disappear before teamjake people come for my head. Weldone D9ty7.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
america girlfriend?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Viewing this topic: tbrown90(m), nerdychisa(f), jenyna, SaucyDolph(f), Ahmeenand 2 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.