Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,659 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) (62822 Views)

Have You Ever Tried This Method of Identifying Rotten Eggs ? Photo / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Ishilove: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?
Nigga please! I know how to use griding stone but there is no way in God's earth will I use it when the electric blender is there. If you want to eat 'obe ekuru' stew, and other stone flavoured stew, by all means go ahead but you better be ready to grind it yourself.

Rawbish angry

God, I hated those days when my mum used to force me to use it to grind heaps of tomatoes and pepper. By the time I was done my hand would be burning hot. The horror... cry angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by jennylove7575(f): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
ha ha ha ha ha grin grin reminds me of those days in the village when i have to help my granny to grind pepper.....ha ha ha ha...i miss village life
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
timsbee: We av one in our compound at d backyard wher all d women of d fifteen face me i jail u rooms, always use to do quick grinding.

If dat one surface spoil, anoda woman go bring her own comout....

Oh sweet memories, gone are those days....
Product of face me I slap you house tongue
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by valmunich(m): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
destante: waawu teh me, I should e-slap him cuz he e-grabbed me
How should I know? smiley
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Ekiseme(m): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
fruqsy:
Don't get consumed by the indomie generation thing,respect our cultural heritage don't just degrade it like that.
so you prefer this to blender? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by destante(f): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
valmunich:
How should I know? smiley
Lol smh4u
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ChristyG(f): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
Buoyantic: Yoruba and dia dirty life style
yi.bos and their id1otic statements.the dirtiest state in nigeria is abia state,it stinks

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ginajet(f): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
I still do it... my mumsy no dey chop tomatoes wey dem use engine/blender grind oh..... so its team grinding stone in our house jorr
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Mustack: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
yes I do.. it a very delicacy stew. :oyes I do.. it a very delicacy stew.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
ChristyG: yi.bos and their id1otic statements.the dirtiest state in nigeria is abia state,it stinks
grin angry chick..we know biafrans are dirty specially that gallop headed Theodore orji who knows nothing but loot
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Mustack: 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
very delicacy stew.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Old skool grinding stone.
Its actually carved from rock by our early parents.
I used it alot to grind paper,tomatoes,onion,egwusi,ogbono.
The food taste different when you grind your ingredients this stone...gives it the African flavour.
My mum calls it "okwute eji akwo ife"
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by omoadeleye(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by omoadeleye(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
yes oo. i use that method to grind pepper every time i visit my mama, lol and i dan touch my tin wif dat before, e pepper me like mad o.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by adedeeone(f): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
Used it o. Plenty times. Dos days grin in fact e still dey my papa house cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by tuffgongjo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
I use this @ home almost on a daily basis.
I love daily sauce.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
The cost of grinding stone can get 2 Blenders, but some are already addicted to manpower grinding.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by greall1: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Some ladies dey form say dey neva C am be4
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by kolidave: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
fruqsy:
Don't get consumed by the indomie generation thing,respect our cultural heritage don't just degrade it like that.
its not a matter of getting consumed. Its a matter of living in the past. Because our forefathers walked and trekked in the past does that now mean we should also neglect our vehicles and walk too? The world is changing and moving,we should move with it and stop living in d past. Many tins ave been made to make our work easier and faster.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by kolidave: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sixix:

#It does, event though we had a blender and generator, sometimes the whole family opted for this. I have used the three and I can confidently say that the taste differs.

everyone to their own opinion buh to me oooo,na the same taste
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by delishpot: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
kevoh:

Bless you jare. I thought I was the only one who noticed the unnecessary insult. angry

My brother, women don surffer for some naija men hands o. Its well hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by 4lakemi: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
I did that several times as a teen cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by felifeli: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?

Any babe who wants to marry me must know how to use this one.
Pepper go burn your hand , onion go sting you for eyes, your knee go bruise, your back and shoulders go pain you no be small. But never mind
THIS IS A SIGN OF TRUE LOVE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by aniexyz(f): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tenderly1: @op dnt jump to conclusion, I have that grinding stone tho mine is way cuter than yours grin grin grin
I tire for d op o.
we do have it at home and it's way cuter and used for special occasions
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Klare(f): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Gboliwe: My grandma has a stone like this in the village. I always know the day I try to grind pepper with is the day I will be hospitalised. I am sure the pepper will enter somewhere else tongue
lols werey!!!
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by kevoh(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
delishpot:

My brother, women don surffer for some naija men hands o. Its well hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

U too.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Klare(f): 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Sure na, I can grind Egusi and beans lyk that too. My mom taught me.
me 2
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Mclick(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes o, I don use am before, but its funny place it on the floor, that means you have to kneel down :DYes o, I don use am before, but its funny place it on the floor, that means you have to kneel down
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Bernardinho(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
ye jst used it dz afternoon
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by lovelyronke20(f): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
I have used it before...
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by iukpe: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
I did this for mumsie years ago about late 70s to 80s. But u need to know where your hands go thereafter.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Sheenor: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? / Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video) / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.