Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) (62816 Views)

Have You Ever Tried This Method of Identifying Rotten Eggs ? Photo / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by M4gunners: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
I use am well well den in Village whenever I want to cook pepper soup.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by DobleO7: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
I'm a male though....I did use it way back
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by J3da: 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yea I did a lot and wil stil do whenever I go home and my mum ask me to, I even intend getting one when I am married, you can grind pepper, tomatoes, egusi, beans, grayfish, ewedu leave and pepper soup/banga spice with it... cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Onegai(f): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
delishpot:

You need insult women join? Do you go hunting? Men of those days go hunting to provide meat for their families, they farm and they treck miles and miles to sell yams do men of now adays do it too? Or should we say they are lazy to hunt grass cutters, antelopes and deers but would rather give their wives money to buy cow and goat meat instead.

Abeg, take one chilled Zobo, I gbadun your reply. I wonder if the OP is still trekking miles to his yam farm or caught and dried an antelope for his dinnerpot.

I've used it to gring tomatoes and crayfish. It was nice, but ours broke. I wonder how they got the slab and the grinder though.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
Wtf Am I Gonna Do With This Shit That An Electric Blender Can't Do 4 Me? Mtchww!
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Naavah(f): 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Not for me. I hate it.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Siena247(f): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
All of una don dy claim back then n some dy even dy form ajebo wen dem nor b for here ooo...kpako claimin I used it back den when I went to d village to see my grandma..Ta!wich grandma?wen na d grindin stone una take grind peper 2day sef for hux.lolz

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by amynoacid(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Still saw my mum doing some mins ago.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by garamah: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
If you can't you will never be as intelligent as Sir Issac Newton, Albert Einstein, Maxwell C James etc because these people all grinded pepper like this. hmmmmmm
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
imoleay0:

The type of wife I dream to have.
grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by missojugo(f): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?

Why bring up the nightmares of the past.This nasty thing used to make me go into hiding once I found out its rice and stew on the menu. Na house help dey suffer am pass that year oh!
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by D33VA(f): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please wt flavor does It add? @ op.
Sum ppl just like sufferhead n tink it's being hardworkin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by missojugo(f): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Siena247: All of una don dy claim back then n some dy even dy form ajebo wen dem nor b for here ooo...kpako claimin I used it back den when I went to d village to see my grandma..Ta!wich grandma?wen na d grindin stone una take grind peper 2day sef for hux.lolz

Thanks for making me laugh for the first time today cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ndidibabe(f): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
kolidave: This? at this present age and century? When I have my electric grinder and manual grinder there. Even sef I could take it to the local pepper grinder beside my house to grind for nuffin less than 50bucks. Na hin I go con sidown like old woman with this tin dey grind pepper,lailai not me. The world is changing and moving,'out wiv the old in with the new'.... and oh! That tin no dey add ani special taste to the soup abi Maggi dey inside d stone wey I no know about?
LWKMD. So on point!!
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by sympathy55(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
men.....i used this stuff die. tanks to mum for teaching me all dis sha.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by nkata09: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Haywhymido(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Make me too, register 4 dis trend. I used it last 4 2010
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by gbaskiboy: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: bros u Sabi ekuru sha? Are u from ekiti?
U know those kind stew rich with iru
Me wey be ibo self dey enjoy Ekuru like kilode
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Anugod(f): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
sugaarbear: i tot it out dated
No o, it's not outdated. We have it and I still use it and believe you me, it's very easy if you're used to it cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by SkinnyDude(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
timsbee: We av one in our compound at d backyard wher all d women of d fifteen face me i jail u rooms, always use to do quick grinding.

If dat one surface spoil, anoda woman go bring her own comout....

Oh sweet memories, gone are those days....
madam, how many janglover did you ride in primary sch?
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
gbaskiboy: Me wey be ibo self dey enjoy Ekuru like kilode
I dey feel u Jare
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Anugod(f): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
majalisa: d day d pepper go mistakenly fly from d grinding stone enter ur grinding flesh ehn grin
No be today I start to dey use am na, e don teygrin
D pepper no fit fly go anywia cos na me dey control amcheesy

In fact ehn, one of my admirers like dat used to tell me he loved the sound of my grinding and I should teach him how to grind gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Worksunlimited: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2014

I feel obe ishapa na the main tin.. Give me iyan with obe ishapa laced with assorted meat, finishing it up with cold fresh palmwine and water to wash my hands... And the rest is history

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Stress upon stress.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by rezzy: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew
flavour ko flavour ni. Na stone e dey add

Donfamous: but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.

Last year when i was with my parents. Though i have it as a wedding gift from my mum but i have not used it.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by sambiyi(m): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2014

You are on point
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by timsbee(f): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
SkinnyDude:
madam, how many janglover did you ride in primary sch?

Duh!!! U wanna ansa dat Mr?
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.

Op, don't come here and talk rubbish o. This method is primitive and stressful.
Is it the stone that adds flavor or what? If you like use sugar cook, person when no sabi cook food no go sweet.
Embrace technology jare.
In btw, I used it when I was younger.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by drnoel: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Jesus christ, after u are done grind the peper ur hands and all the places u touched on ur body will be peppering u. If u never used this stuff to grind pepper u will not understand.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by timsbee(f): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
directonpc:
so what days are u in now miss? from face me i jail you to A mansion abi (praise be to God)

point of correction; I am not a MISS rather MRS. And yeah am a landlord. So praise God.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes and I still do till tomorrow. We deltans na our way.

Stew wey then use tomatoes wey them grind with engine or blender cook no dey sweet like grinding stone I swear. grin If you con use fire wood take cook am omo you don finish work. grin

When I get married I'm going to take a grinding stone to my husband's house, not because I'm use to it but because its the bomb wink
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
grin grin grin

Hope u r nt taken?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Bachelorette Party Cake Causes Stir Online / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? / Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.