Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft (35309 Views)

Boko Haram: We Dont Need US War Aircraft Our Witchcraft can take On The Fight. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram To Get War Aircraft Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by ddeola: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2014
You don't know these people. sad
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2014
I just don't believe uncle Sam.

They act like they care about us, but they don't angry

5 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by wiringdpt(m): 8:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Now im beginning to doubt the death of Shekau
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by ntyce(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians are the worst enemy of Nigeria. There is nothing in the report suggesting specifically that the US actually denied blocking the sale of CH-47 Chinook transport aircraft to Nigeria.

Blocking the sale of non - existing aircrafts.

Didn't you read the part where it was stated that the israelis don't use Chinook.

12 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by chegx(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2014
US just wants the world to know that they are part of the war against boko haram so that when we win they'll share the glory with us. US playing on others intelligence since 1880.

18 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

Guy forget that thing wey you yarn for here, try and read properly and go back to make research on America's resolution on "Baga Bloody day" and you will know that America is not sincere on this.
Is it by force to sell arms to u?
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2014
I dunno who to believe, but the US government cannot be trusted. The lengths they'd go to cover their tracks...

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100: I pursed the reading of this epistle to make, so president jonathan told the world that boko haram have so far killed 13,000 Nigerians and he back dated the boko haram crisis to 2005 to make it look like previous governments before him failed to tackle the menace and that he's the only tackling it, this man called jonathan & his handles think they are clever,

hmmm, make I continue 2 read d stori dey go 1st, I go comment when I finish

Do you.know when BH started in Nigeria at all?

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by DaBullIT(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
[size=22pt]I for comment but water for EBA don dey boil ;[/size]D grin
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Collynzo22: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
I can't see where they denied anything in the article, they only confirmed it with reasons.
“U.S. Departments of State and Defense review all potential arms transfers for their consistency with US policy and interests, as detailed in the US Conventional Arms Transfer Policy, updated by President Obama in January. This includes any requests for one country to transfer US-origin defence items to another country,” McIntosh said, emphasising that he could not comment on any specific application of the policy.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by igbsam(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100: I pursed the reading of this epistle to make, so president jonathan told the world that boko haram have so far killed 13,000 Nigerians and he back dated the boko haram crisis to 2005 to make it look like previous governments before him failed to tackle the menace and that he's the only tackling it, this man called jonathan & his handles think they are clever,

hmmm, make I continue 2 read d stori dey go 1st, I go comment when I finish

Thank God you noticed that too. This govt has told so many lies.

Our Journalism too na trash, they are quick to spread lies.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Evergreat2014(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam

Don't you have something better to do?
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by tammie24: 9:06am On Sep 25, 2014
The US realized we are winning the war so in order not to look bad they quickly came up with something. They are not happy with our progress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by tijjanioyan: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2014
Im fed up of these report &counter report of our media,who is fooling who?wetin dey shele?may God (kia kia masa masa)quickly expose those wolves in sheep clothing

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Ganjafama(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam
You and liker of your post are i.diots.

5 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Collynzo22: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2014
ntyce:

Blocking the sale of non - existing aircrafts.

Didn't you read the part where it was stated that the israelis don't use Chinook.
Read properly, that part of the article wasn't from the US official but an armchair expert. The quote below was from the US official and he tacitly confirmed that Nigeria tried to buy some US made aircrafts from Israel.
“U.S. Departments of State and Defense review all potential arms transfers for their consistency with US policy and interests, as detailed in the US Conventional Arms Transfer Policy, updated by President Obama in January. This includes any requests for one country to transfer US-origin defence items to another country,” McIntosh said, emphasising that he could not comment on any specific application of the policy.

9 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2014
We don't expect them to confirm it but it is what it is !!!

If all is well with our country, we should start building our defence machines ourself ........ And start selling to other African Nation !!

7 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 25, 2014
Us wld always deny...nothing new here..m

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Okudiover(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Chinook? For a second I thought it was Chibok.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Amya(f): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Do anyone really expect the US to outrightly claim they are against our war efforts? They are not dumb!

Most of what this man said in this press release does not really answer the pertinent question of whether or not US will or agreed to sell arms to us. At some point he made it clear he wasn't privy to such information.

So what's the point of the entire press release? They say they always come to the aid of Nigeria when we really need it.

Everyone knows the story of Zmapp.

Everyone knows the story of bring about our girls and how they made it about themselves but didn't do anything to actually bring back the girls. They rode on that story like no tmrw and milked it for all it was worth, but did nada

. Everyone knows about how the US government kept deriding our army and made them out to be incapable of surmounting the boko haram menace even though our army are warriors of west africa who have gone on countless peace keeping missions!

Everyone knows how they insult and poke fun at our government in a bid to distract them for issues they have at hand. And with this all they never did anything to help.

We conquered ebola
We conquered boko haram
We will keep surprising them.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Ogbodavies(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2014
watching with zobo and popcorn
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

Federal government over to you... shocked tongue
Breeze must blow here today. grin grin
FG has no business responding to that. The guy did not speak on behalf of US government. I think FGN might be right given how the US ambassador avoided addressing the issue.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Anezy(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2014
for me I think corruption is key in winning d war against terrorism because $6b in defence every and we still live in fear of not only terrorist but home grown and organise crime ,it really a shame to us all

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Dahkogrin007(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2014
if Jonathan confirm dat abt 13,000 as bin killed so far den knw dat abt 26,000 as bin killed
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by ideepaul: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2014
lock up
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2014
dem don catch oga jona again...

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2014
Let them go and die,we dont need their stupid help anymore joo the situation is under control

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by talktimi(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2014
...."he however, declined to give any assurance of a mutual complement of arms purchase policy that is not in conformity with that of his country and its interests".....

Okay
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by mcmukoko12(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2014
[size=16pt]Oh boy see me see lie lie free of charge. okay now i dey listen.[/size]
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by rusher14: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2014
As expected the paid dogs are here to confuse people the more.

Please read well: “Israel does not use CH-47 Chinook transport helicopter, so selling surplus (or any stock) to Nigeria or any other nation is not even a possibility. The story about USA blocking the sale of non-existent equipment from Israel is therefore non-sequitur".

Yet, the unnamed Nigerian government spin doctor provided a cover to the masses, to make them believe money was actually in South Africa, for the purchase of a Chinook helicopter and other armory amongst other things, for an unnamed security agency.

What surprises me at all is that anyone can believe the lies of the 'government' who would sooner deny they ever mentioned the US blocked their purchase of arms.

Let's wait for the rebuttal lipsrsealed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Uncovers Major Bomb-making Factory, Arrests Terrorist Leader / Cultists Finger Politicians As Sponsors After Setting Ablaze INEC Buses. Photos / Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.