Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft (35310 Views)

Boko Haram: We Dont Need US War Aircraft Our Witchcraft can take On The Fight. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram To Get War Aircraft Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by F117A: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2014
lol.
The ambassador is trying to play hide and seek.
Reading through his words,you could detect the truth in the FG side of the story.
Unfortunately,most Nigerians are not that mentally sophisticated.

17 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Amya:
Everyone knows the story of Zmapp.

Everyone knows the story of bring about our girls and how they made it about themselves but didn't do anything to actually bring back the girls. They rode on that story like no tmrw and milked it for all it was worth, but did nada

. Everyone knows about how the US government kept deriding our army and made them out to be incapable of surmounting the boko haram menace even though our army are warriors of west africa who have gone on countless peace keeping missions!

Everyone knows how they insult and poke fun at our government in a bid to distract them for issues they have at hand. And with this all they never did anything to help.

We conquered ebola
We conquered boko haram
We will keep surprising them.
It is not US fault , no sane nation will put her defence machineries in the hand of another nation .....

In the present days of Insurgency/Terrorism ravaging every part of the world , we should not fold our hands and wait to be consumed before we go out there to develop and procure our defence/attack Military Gadgets !!

Especially, we need to start looking inward , we have engineers, Chemist, physicists among many scientists and raw intelligents on streets lying idle doing nothing ..... But if we sponsor this people's effort on research and development , verily, we shall have a sophisticated Military tools of our own that can withstand time .... The only one we may not have is Nuclear (Cuz they won't allow us) !!

But ........ Hmmmm , we keep waiting on Russia, China, US, India, ZA, Isreal even the security of our president, is in the hands of Foreign Nations ...... The time has come to stop protecting ourselves against ourselves , we should start protecting ourselves against the world !!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2014
I believe Jonathan on this one, this US report is terribbly incoherent and evasive of the main issue! !!

11 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by F117A: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2014
Anyway, i don't blame them.
The US has never sold us modern military weapons in our entire national history.
Why the hell did GEJ think they would start now.?
We are being governed by jokers.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2014
tinkinjow: There's truth in that story carried by thisday. The US knows how to cover their tracks well so you can never beat them especially in matters of this nature. Very soon you may likely hear the Israelis towing the same lines and those who don't understand these games will foolishly laugh at our military.
One thing is clear, America wanted a situation Nigeria will virtually beg them for assistance or outright intervention in this war. But just like Nigeria continue to surpass their expectations, that isn't happening
. Exactly my thought...Americans we all know there gigantic power in the media.They have masterd the act of deception so well. On my own thought. It will be a big disgrace to them Americans if we NIGERIANS exceed there predictions of the 2015 extintion mark,so that's why they result to the use of ethnic/ religious tactics more so try to highlight our government flaws to the whole world and at the same time passing sublimal message to Nigerian masses that our Government is not capable. There intension is just to surpress Nigeria. But 1 tin is for sure NIGERIA WILL EXCEED AND PUT ALL HER ENEMIES TO SHAME. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

12 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by calcus(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Who is lieing?
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by F117A: 9:49am On Sep 25, 2014
donroxy: It is not US fault , no sane nation will put her defence machineries in the hand of another nation .....

In the present days of Insurgency/Terrorism ravaging every part of the world , we should not fold our hands and wait to be consumed before we go out there to develop and procure our defence/attack Military Gadgets !!

Especially, we need to start looking inward , we have engineers, Chemist, physicists among many scientists and raw intelligents on streets lying idle doing nothing ..... But if we sponsor this people's effort on research and development , verily, we shall have a sophisticated Military tools of our own that can withstand time .... The only one we may not have is Nuclear (Cuz they won't allow us) !!

But ........ Hmmmm , we keep waiting on Russia, China, US, India, ZA, Isreal even the security of our president, is in the hands of Foreign Nations ...... The time has come to stop protecting ourselves against ourselves , we should start protecting ourselves against the world !!!
No nation would put her defence machineries in the hands of another nation?
Get the hell out of here and stop chatting shitt.
Maybe you don't know that the US sells far more weapons than any other nation on earth.

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by jibbish(m): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam
u don kolo gan.... Which kain tin b ds nau ehn... Nxt time u do ds u go see wetin I go do U.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Some people are still doubting to story thou they can quickly surf the internet and see that Israel probably don't even have those helicopters to begin with.

People believe what they want to believe because of mental laziness and trying to join the bandwagon of "I don't trust the US"

Out!

5 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4C2215131: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

Federal government over to you... shocked tongue
Breeze must blow here today. grin grin

Which breeze? So because an American has spoken, then what he claimed is automatically true abi? Use some independence and logic before drawing inference.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

Federal government over to you... shocked tongue
Breeze must blow here today. grin grin
did the government says it was buying from Israel? So because an Israeli was mentioned you think the whole State of Israel was involved? undecided

The Dan'Iyan guy was probably high on some cheap sh¡t, FG never said it wanted the CH from Israel.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by major466(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2014
America lying since 1776.
-Nigeria ask them for ZMapp. They refused.
-Nigeria ask them for intelligence report. They Refused.
-Nigeria ask them to help target movement of arms across the Sahara from Libya. They never gave a damm.
-Nigeria wants to buy arms. They blocked it.
OK now we get it. They predicted that Nigeria will break up in 2015 so they're will do everything possible to make it a reality.
America and Europe in general are liars.

Nigeria is the only last man standing in the committee of independent Countries. All the rest especially South Africa are puppets of the west. That's why they exposed our arms deal in South Africa.

But whether they like it or not Nigeria shall surely prevail and come out stronger.
If there's any country that is standing on the way of America to Spread its Africom menace in Africa, it is Nigeria. Am very proud of this.

12 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by F117A: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89: Some people are still doubting to story thou they can quickly surf the internet and see that Israel probably don't even have those helicopters to begin with.

People believe what they want to believe because of mental laziness and trying to join the bandwagon of "I don't trust the US"

Out!
Israel has no chinooks when egypt and algeria and some middle-eastern countries has them.
I seriously doubt that.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4C2215131: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2014
vecman22: gej and lies..i jst kwn d Nigeria government was not truthful with this one, let's ask ourself what dose the American govt stand to gain from blocking such deal.... this government is unbelievable.... anyways we will meet at they polls ......

International politics is a very involved and convulated issue. There is ALWAYS more than meets the eye, so, do not conclude yet. What did you expect? That US would uphold the accusation? She'd deny of course whether there's merit to the accusation or not.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Gracious3105(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2014
pls y is it that anytin dat FG tells Nigerians is a always a lie if any person/party say odawise. in oda countries u wiil c it citizens reacting to wot the us are doing to us. since when they decided to help us in the fright against the insurgence wot have dey actually done and achieved for us. nigerians tot their intevension will help to comb boko haram in 2 wks at maximum: here we are today after 2 months. "Abeg our govt dey try". Nato (america and oda world power military alainace) have been in afgan for more than 10yrs and they neva achieve anytin and apart for that it took them over 10 yrs also to located osama bin ladan despite their so called advance technology and intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by joe17: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2014
Omen100: I pursed the reading of this epistle to make, so president jonathan told the world that boko haram have so far killed 13,000 Nigerians and he back dated the boko haram crisis to 2005 to make it look like previous governments before him failed to tackle the menace and that he's the only tackling it, this man called jonathan & his handles think they are clever,

hmmm, make I continue 2 read d stori dey go 1st, I go comment when I finish
No, there was Boko Haram before GEJ Administration. Just that they were not as empowered(sponsored financially an al) then like d present Govt. did(No thnks to d enemies of Nigeria). Am afraid thats the truth. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by alexis007(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2014
nawa o....who had the time to post this textbook here? ....i bow for you joor!....Nigerians trying very hard to 'author' encyclopedia...since time immemorial!
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: Israel has no chinooks when egypt and algeria and some middle-eastern countries has them.
I seriously doubt that.

I dont get that Logic, should Egypt and Israel share the same weapon systems?

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 10:01am On Sep 25, 2014
donroxy: It is not US fault , no sane nation will put her defence machineries in the hand of another nation .....

GBAM

God bless you

I have said it and will keep saying it

Until GEJ involves our universities/polytechnics in his indigenous weapons development nations like US will keep tactically insulting us before the world

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutions InWeaponsDevelopment

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4lashyme: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Well, what do we expect. Nigeria is not a US ally therefore we will always get these kind of attitude from them. before we rush to blame our Govt, we should remember that they will not always say the truth concerning situations between us. It's beyond political affiliation [PDP, APC, etc.]. it's just the western policy on potentially strong non-allied countries like nigeria. And it's good. Now we should realise that it's our responsiblity to invent, develop, and manufacture our weapons/millitary hardware. The hard truth is - No country will ever sell FIRST-CLASS millitary hardware to any country. it's just not possible. If u need it, u have to invent and produce it your self.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by xwolverine: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2014
ntyce:

Blocking the sale of non - existing aircrafts.

Didn't you read the part where it was stated that the israelis don't use Chinook.

I wasn't sure sure of the information from the FG before now, but now I'm sure that the yanks did block the sale. I guess the guys mixed up the name, it was the Cobra AH1 not Chinooks. The IDF doesn't have the Chinook in their inventory.

Here's my opinion on the saga from another thread:
xwolverine:

As funny as it sounds, the reason given is that Nigeria is in breach of their so called senator Leahy laws. This to me is selective double standards, because Nigeria has shown itself over the years as dependable ally, even when we had the tyrants in power (Abacha), our alpha jets were used extensively to end the Liberian and Seira leoninan wars, if we look at the Israeli conflicts with Palestines, there were numerous cases of human right abuse, but the Yanks turned the blind eye.

The sanctions, though unofficial from the yanks, is what our ogas are giving as reasons for not getting the right hardwares, which to me is a blessing in disguise and it further buttresses my point that we should turn East for our military assets. The Cobras blocked from the Israeli deal does 150 mph, the Mi 35m does 150mph and its relatively cheaper. They both have night fighting capabilities, why do we keep on crying about the yanks blocking our purchases?

Our foreign policy is inherently weak and we lack national defence/security strategy, that's why we are constantly being bullied. Would South Africans Handle the $9 million like that if it was the yanks that owned it? Look at Algeria and the debacle when about 60 expertriates of which most were from powerful countries were kidnapped, the Algerians made sure that no fly from any foreign country dared enter their airspace, putting it in lockdown. We on the other hand had to invite the yanks to our country, because of the chibok saga. The yanks were practically left to gather invaluable Intel about our nation and military assets, heck they even refused to share intelligence with our boys. The French who colonised Algeria were practically beg to go near the Algerian border, with a lot of diplomatic negotiations and pleading. After locking down their airspace, the Algerian special forces went in guns blazing and killed almost 20 of the hostages yet we didn’t ear any crap from the west about that operation till today, the only thing the Algerian foreign minister had to say was "we couldn’t allow ransom money to enter the terrorists hands to torment algerians so something had to be done”. After everything, the yanks packed their gears and left without doing jack.

We wouldn't be in this position if after the Biafra wars we had started to harness those inventions from the Ibos. We could have upgraded Dicon to enviable standards , unlike what obtains now, where the only meaningful manufacturing going on in Dicon is reproductions of AK47 in this day and age where college students are manufacturing drones, heck we can't even manufacture military protective gears. Who are we deceiving.

As predicted, GEJ is currently in the US, cap in hand begging the yanks to have mercy, where is our national pride and respect? I'm sure he would be smiling sheepishly while the yanks and Other African countries would be making fun of us. even ordinary Cameroon that doesn't have an airforce are claiming that they carried out strikes inside the Nigerian territory. I don't care whoever occupies the Aso Rock next year, as long as the person has balls of steel.

Now I'm getting information that we are considering the Kfir block 60 from the Israelis, when are we going to learn?

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by rusher14: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: did the government says it was buying from Israel? So because an Israeli was mentioned you think the whole State of Israel was involved? undecided

The Dan'Iyan guy was probably high on some cheap sh¡t, FG never said it wanted the CH from Israel.

You are right.

The Chinook Helicopter they wanted to buy is parked in the backyard of a South African celebrity in Cape Town.

in the meantime the quote from the unnamed Nigerian source: “ They have refused to sell us arms and equipment and even our recent attempt to buy Chinook helicopters, which are manufactured in the US, from the Israelis was blocked, based on unfounded allegations of human rights violations by our troops.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Don't mind them, they've been brainwashed to believe anything and most of them are just too lazy to do research on their own.
Missy89: Some people are still doubting to story thou they can quickly surf the internet and see that Israel probably don't even have those helicopters to begin with.

Out!
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2014
BlackTechnology:

GBAM

God bless you

I have said it and will keep saying it

Until GEJ involves our universities/polytechnics in his indigenous weapons development nations like US will keep tactically insulting us before the world

Nigeria is more than 5 decades behind when it comes to acquiring the knowledge and capital to develop any reliable weapon system.
There are many suppliers, we can always look at other markets

Lets get real please
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2014
In other words, the us is not interested in giving nigeria any military assistance other than advisory assistance.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4C2215131: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2014
Mogidi:

Is the above not a hint they ordered Israel not to deal with us?

Spot on! As magnanimous as She may seem, US can be a very sly, vindictive, selfish and greedy nation. History bears records of this statement of mine. Any good student of International Relations, History, Political Science amongts others know what I'm talking about.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 25, 2014
major466:

Nigeria is the only last man standing in the committee of independent Countries. All the rest especially South Africa are puppets of the west. That's why they exposed our arms deal in South Africa.

Utter nonsense! This is laughable because South Africa under ANC is one of the few sovereign countries on the continent, with a well defined foreign policy, with a mind of its own - something Nigeria has never been. Nigeria isn't just a western puppet, it's a western slave, with no foreign policy - and that's the truth. But it's just that, it's a slave that no one really cares about.

Topic:

He, however, declined to give any assurance of a mutual complement of arms purchase policy that is not in conformity with that of his country and its interests.

“U.S. Departments of State and Defense review all potential arms transfers for their consistency with US policy and interests, as detailed in the US Conventional Arms Transfer Policy, updated by President Obama in January. This includes any requests for one country to transfer US-origin defence items to another country,” McIntosh said, emphasising that he could not comment on any specific application of the policy.

^^^This is just self-explanatory, and the US actually see Nigeria as having any benefit to America's strategic interests, they would've offered American weapons to Nigeria time ago. The fact that Nigeria has no heavy America weapons - apart from those little world war 2 era ships they were about to decommission, and decided to give Nigeria, to save cost - tells you all you need to know.

Also, I just checked, and the Mukhtar Dan’Iyan is right on the money. Israel doesn't use Chinook - it uses Sikorsky CH-53, and I believe they also use V-22 Osprey. So, where did the Israeli link come from? Nigerian leaders!!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: Anyway, i don't blame them.
The US has never sold us modern military weapons in our entire national history.
Why the hell did GEJ think they would start now.?
We are being governed by jokers.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Amya(f): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2014

Out!

Tell us about your findings then.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2014
Amya:

Tell us about your findings then.

Israel do not use those helicopters, the Nigerian official who mentioned it was probably high on early morning gin or meant something else!
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 3rdeye1(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2014
One trouble is to read this long thing...another trouble is for someone to quote this long thing!

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4C2215131: 10:14am On Sep 25, 2014
Amya: Do anyone really expect the US to outrightly claim they are against our war efforts? They are not dumb!

Most of what this man said in this press release does not really answer the pertinent question of whether or not US will or agreed to sell arms to us. At some point he made it clear he wasn't privy to such information.

So what's the point of the entire press release? They say they always come to the aid of Nigeria when we really need it.

Everyone knows the story of Zmapp.

Everyone knows the story of bring about our girls and how they made it about themselves but didn't do anything to actually bring back the girls. They rode on that story like no tmrw and milked it for all it was worth, but did nada

. Everyone knows about how the US government kept deriding our army and made them out to be incapable of surmounting the boko haram menace even though our army are warriors of west africa who have gone on countless peace keeping missions!

Everyone knows how they insult and poke fun at our government in a bid to distract them for issues they have at hand. And with this all they never did anything to help.

We conquered ebola
We conquered boko haram
We will keep surprising them.

Big Up My Girl! That is the spirit!!! No matter how incompetent the present administration is (and it is frighffully so), in this matter, the Nigeria admin is to the best of my knowledge not guilty of what folks are accusing it of here. They did block that sale. Men! Folks, y'all don't know how self serving US can be. Have y'll forgotten Iraq so soon? If possible, US would love to occupy Nigeria!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo / Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading / Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.