Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... (7170 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Elders Still Intimidate The Younger Ones Like In The Olden Days. / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by Keenysbojan(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2014
I have been wondering from the first day I heard about the killing of twins in Nigeria and I was bothered..
Sometimes I do cry within my heart for those twins that were killed in the olden day because if not for MARY SLESSOR I would have dead by now,I wouldn't have been in existence... there is a question I have dreaming to ask the person that starts the killing of my twin brothers and in general the set of people that agreed to kill our twins brothers and sisters in the olden days and perhaps if any of you have ideas..
Here is the question...
WHAT ARE THE REASONS THAT CONVINCED THE PEOPLE IN THE OLDEN DAYS, OR WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT MAKES PEOPLE OF THE OLDEN BELIEVES THAT TWINS ARE NOT HUMAN ?...
Through my research I found that more than 10,000 twins were killed in the operation and I have been wondering maybe the spirit of those twins that were killed are the one giving problems to Nigeria now...
And in addition...if the killing of twins is one of the culture in Nigeria,why did they stopped killing twins(I mean why did they stopped their outrageous and useless so called culture) even if MARRY SLESSOR asked them to stop it,they shouldn't have stopped since they said the killing of twins is on of their culture... May the spirit of the twins that were killed in the olden days rest in the hands of the angels in heaven (amen) # I REP TWINS WORLD#
Re: The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by kingston277(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Don't think it was widespread in those days. It may have even have been outlawed in some pre-colonial states at the time. Many ethnic groups such as the Yoruba valued the birth of twins greatly.
Re: The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by Funjosh(m): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2014
kingston277: Don't think it was widespread in those days. It may have even have been outlawed in some pre-colonial states at the time. Many ethnic groups such as the Yoruba valued the birth of twins greatly.

Yoruba refer to them as orisha
Re: The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by Keenysbojan(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Funjosh:

Yoruba refer to them as orisha
hnmm,I don't just know what to say
Re: The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by macof(m): 3:44am On Sep 27, 2014
The OP is an ignorant buffoon. This is the nonsense we get from education in Nigeria

Mary slessor helped expose the people of calabar to understand that twins aren't evil means she stopped it Wats worse is that calabar is now the entire Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... by tpiar: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
Why not just attempt to answer the op's question?

it appears to be a genuine enquiry.

(1) (Reply)

Scotland Put Map Of Nigeria In Their Currency / A Comprehensive Collection Of Early Igbo Novels, Plays, And Treatises / Who Is An Igbo?definition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.