Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View (8915 Views)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by vikel2104: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
It is very rare to see a male teaching preschool or nursery kids. I used to think there were no male nursery teachers because I haven't seen one but it appears there are male teachers who handle kids in nursery classes . I love 'em kids but I can't handle them in that capacity.

To the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery teacher?

And parents, what's your view on having a male nursery class teacher?

Share your opinion.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by greatgod2012(f): 4:59am On Sep 26, 2014
vikel2104: It is very rare to see a male teaching preschool or nursery kids. I have not seen one. I personally don't have the 'grace' to handle kids in that capacity.

To the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery school teacher?

And parents, what's your view on having a male nursery school teacher?

Share your opinion.

widen your horizon, my brother.

In my kids' school alone, there are almost 15 of them, if not more sef.

Edited........
The male teachers handle the senior pupils, basics 4&5.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 5:11am On Sep 26, 2014
vikel2104: vikel2104: It is very rare to see a male teaching preschool or nursery kids. I have not seen one. I personally don't have the 'grace' to handle kids in that capacity.

To the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery school teacher?

And parents, what's your view on having a male nursery school teacher?

Share your opinion.

At that (nursery) level, I'd rather not see even one male teacher there.

9 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by greatgod2012(f): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY: At that (nursery) level, I'd rather not see even one male teacher there.

so, what will you do if you just find male teachers in your kids school?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY: At that (nursery) level, I'd rather not see even one male teacher there.

Are u being serious right now? undecided
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 5:54am On Sep 26, 2014
greatgod2012:

so, what will you do if you just find male teachers in your kids school?

, I'm not bothered about them having male teachers at higher levels (preferably secondary and above) . But at nursery level?

No.

What I would do? Seriously reconsider if that is the best place / school for my daughter to be at that point in time. This is where the onus is on prospective parents to carry out thorough background checks comes into play before handing over your precious little one to strangers. Would you believe me if I told you that I not only checked the OFSTED report going back for the past five years, for over twenty nursery schools, for my daughter? I also went there in person with her and her brothers & dad to get a proper "feel" of the place, staff, etc.

Think about it. Most nursery schools take kids from 3 months old. Would you in all honesty feel comfortable for a strange man to wipe/clean your baby's / daughter's bum? And change her soiled nappy?

Seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 6:01am On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender:

Are u being serious right now? undecided

Absolutely.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Absolutely.

Before I judge you, what is your reason?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by beeevan: 6:06am On Sep 26, 2014

Me too

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by hydeka: 6:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Speaking as a male, my own problem is that I can't handle that many kids at once with all their trouble. Like 20 kids crying and making noise in my ears? No way! I think I'll also start crying.... I will be saying, what have I gotten myself into? embarassed grin In fact I'll resign within a short time if I ever try it. Dealing with kids at that age requires that one be able to communicate with them and understand their unique behaviour because each kid is unique. I would want to believe that there are men who may be able to handle it. But I think women are more suited for the job considering the motherly instinct and patience they possess. Kudos to the women. Someone may be asking what I would do when I have my own kids. Well, that's going to be one kid at a time not like 20 or more needing my attention at once.

7 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 6:55am On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender:

Before I judge you, what is your reason?

Personal choice.

Your judgment means nothing to me. Besides, you might want to read the response from the poster above me as he's told it like it is from a man's perspective.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Personal choice.
Your judgment means nothing to me. Besides, you might want to read the response from the poster above me as he's told it like it us from a man's perspective.

My judgement should mean nothing to you anyway, so save me the attitude. undecided

It's absolutely silly to judge based on one man's perspective. Motherly instinct applies to your own child not other people's children. My GOD, you are one of the problem! A lot of silly people like you actually believe that women are better care givers? Really?!

Are you trying to tell me that if you had a nursery home, you would employ only women? What is the problem with men giving care and being in the care profession. Why aren't you raising your nose at male pediatricians??

What the fvck do u mean by you don't feel comfortable with a man changing your child's diaper? What rubbish?!

3 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by vikel2104: 7:12am On Sep 26, 2014
Hey guys, please keep it civil. Let's just have a normal discussion without heating up the thread. Work with what was said and don't imply what might not be the posters intent. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender:
My judgement should mean nothing to you anyway, so save me the attitude. undecided
It's absolutely silly to judge based on one's man 'perspective'. Motherly instinct applies to your own child not other people's children. My GOD, you are one of the problem! A lot of silly people like you actually believe that women are better care givers? Really?!
Are you trying to tell me that if you had a nursery home, you would employ women and not men? What is the problem with men giving care and being in the care profession. Why aren't you raising your nose at male pediatricians??
What the fvck do u mean that you don't feel comfortable with a man changing your child's diaper? What rubbish?!

Listen, I don't do insults or swearing as a way of communicating, so kindly watch it, else refrain from quoting me.

It's my responsibility as a mother to decide what's best for my kids / daughter. So if I say I don't like the idea of her nursery employing male staff, it's my prerogative to pull her out of that environment.

When it comes to my kids, it's my choice, my responsibility. I don't play political "correctness" with their lives. Perhaps when you have kids, you'll understand better.

Bottom line? My choice. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by peggykorol(f): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2014
My Daughters school is just a pre school they do not have higher classes
If I see a male then she is out
Male teachers can be involved in higher classes not kids that are still very dependent

4 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by rolled: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Are you a f ool?

BananaBender:

It's absolutely silly to judge based on one's man 'perspective'. Motherly instinct applies to your own child not other people's children. My GOD, you are one of the problem! A lot of silly people like you actually believe that women are better care givers? Really?!

Are you trying to tell me that if you had a nursery home, you would employ women and not men? What is the problem with men giving care and being in the care profession. Why aren't you raising your nose at male pediatricians??

What the fvck do u mean that you don't feel comfortable with a man changing your child's diaper? What rubbish?!

6 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2014
rolled: Are you a f ool?

You are a f00l!!

You and the coward cosigning you are complete fools.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by rolled: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Do theses male teachers handle kids who are not potty trained
greatgod2012:

widen your horizon, my brother.

In my kids' school alone, there are almost 15 of them, if not more sef.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Listen, I don't do insults or swearing as a way of communicating, so kindly watch it, else refrain from quoting me.

It's my responsibility as a mother to decide what's best for my kids / daughter. So if I say I don't like the idea of her nursery employing male staff, it's my prerogative to pull her out of that environment.

When it comes to my kids, it's my choice, my responsibility. I don't play political "correctness" with their lives. Perhaps when you have kids, you'll understand better.

Bottom line? My choice. Thank you.

If I think your post is rubbish, I would not hesitate to quote you and tell you just that. In case you're unaware, you also have the option of not responding undecided

This is ridiculous! I am amazed! I am blown away. This has to be a joke.

You can't even give me a good reason for this sh1tty choice; BTW, I am sure you have none.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by greatgod2012(f): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2014
rolled: Do theses male teachers handle kids who are not potty trained

no, the male teachers handle basic 4 and 5.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2014
peggykorol: My Daughters school is just a pre school they do not have higher classes
If I see a male then she is out
Male teachers can be involved in higher classes not kids that are still very dependent

Why are you against male care givers for toddlers?

*sigh*

If you have a male child that is grown enough, would you ever leave him to care for his baby siblings?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 7:34am On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender:

If I think your post is rubbish, I would not hesitate to quote you and tell you just that. In case you're unaware, you also have the option of not responding undecided

This is ridiculous! I am amazed! I am blown away. This has to be a joke.

You can't even give me a good reason for this sh1tty choice; BTW, I am sure you have none.

I'm done with "discussing" with you. Feel free to carry on. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I'm done with "discussing" with you. Feel free to carry on. Thanks.

Shut up, my friend.

Why do you feel the need to say you're done, if you're truly done? Just GFO. undecided
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by greatgod2012(f): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

, I'm not bothered about them having male teachers at higher levels (preferably secondary and above) . But at nursery level?

No.

What I would do? Seriously reconsider if that is the best place / school for my daughter to be at that point in time. This is where the onus is on prospective parents to carry out thorough background checks comes into play before handing over your precious little one to strangers. Would you believe me if I told you that I not only checked the OFSTED report going back for the past five years, for over twenty nursery schools, for my daughter? I also went there in person with her and her brothers & dad to get a proper "feel" of the place, staff, etc.

Think about it. Most nursery schools take kids from 3 months old. Would you in all honesty feel comfortable for a strange man to wipe/clean your baby's / daughter's bum? And change her soiled nappy?

Seriously.

Efe, i absolutely understand you my dear sister, but in my kids school, male teachers do not handle the ones in prenursery/nursery level, they are basically in charge of basics(primary) 4&5.

How can a male teacher/staff be asked to clean kids' bum-bum, that's absolutely unacceptable anywhere, and i know that no school authority will ever try that, not even with scary stories we hear everytime with child/ren molestation.

It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by EfemenaXY: 7:42am On Sep 26, 2014
greatgod2012:

Efe, i absolutely understand you my dear sister, but in my kids school, male teachers do not handle the ones in prenursery/nursery level, they are basically in charge of basics(primary) 4&5.

How can a male teacher/staff be asked to clean kids' bum-bum, that's absolutely unacceptable anywhere, and i know that no school authority will ever try that, not even with scary stories we hear everytime with child/ren molestation.

It is well.

My point exactly.

Sometimes in life, it's best to avoid placing one's self in compromising situations.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by hydeka: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
@Banana, bro calm down. Are you not taking this too personal? Some people are not comfortable with it and it's their choice. If your intention is probably for them to think otherwise, you have done a very poor job with this defensive and abusive front that you've put up. You can present your case without attacking another person. Please ignore this guy(oh, she is a woman sef), some people just don't know how to express themselves without throwing insults

6 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2014
So in the wisdom of greatgod2012, schools should not allow male toddler-care-givers because of 'child molestation' grin

I never knew women weren't capable of 'child molestation'. What if the male care-giver is gay, is he allowed to care for your female child? undecided

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2014
hydeka: @Banana, bro calm down. Are you not taking this too personal? Some people are not comfortable with it and it's their choice. If your intention is probably for them to think otherwise, you have done a very poor job with this defensive and abusive front that you've put up. You can present your case without attacking another person. EfemenaXY, please ignore that guy, some people just don't know how to express themselves without throwing insults

I am woman. (Don't tell anyone lipsrsealed undecided)

I am taking it personal because it is preposterous, ridiculous, absolute bollocks!

I have not even gotten to the stage where I want to change their minds, I am amazed!

I have never heard such bullsh1t in my life! Especially from people that claim to be feminists..... to say it with so much confidence! It's baffling.

It's better for her to ignore me really, because I am not going to be nice. Who cares about being polite or political correctness here, right?

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by greatgod2012(f): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender: So in the wisdom of greatgod2012, schools should not allow male toddler-care-givers because of 'child molestation' grin

I never knew women weren't capable of 'child molestation'. What if the male care-giver is gay, is he allowed to care for your female child? undecided

my dear, we rarely hear stories about adult males molesting younger males, but we've heard so many stories about adult males molesting younger females. It is better to be safe than sorry.
And then, each to his/her own, if you don't mind adult male teachers cleaning for your young daughters, it's your choice, your prerogative, your opinion and i respect it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2014
Which kain Man go free come do that kain Job sef. Not in naija.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by hydeka: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2014
On the issue of molestation, it is not only men that are guilty. Women too are capable of that but men seem to have scored more points in that regard from what we see and hear around us.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by hydeka: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
Augustbreak: Which kain Man go free come do that kain Job sef. Not in naija.
That is what i'm saying. There will only be a few men who would want to do it. I have stated my own reason in my first post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seeing Is Believing! Take A Look At This / Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? / Igbo Baby Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.