Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. (5520 Views)

What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / Baby Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
She is getting to 3 months and hairy. Wifey prefers using Chicco products in everything for her. But I'm not impressed so far with her hair... So dry, and breaking!

Please any suggestions are well appreciated. Thanks.

Mods if this isn't the right section, please do well to push it to the right place.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by thorpido(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Vaseline baby oil is just ok.The kind of soap you use also matters.

Babies really don't need all the products overzealous parents want to use.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by sheunfemix: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please dnt try vaseline @ all. It will clog the pores in the baby's head leading to hair loss. I didn't have anyone to advise me on that. My baby got serious hair damage. Untill a Doc told me to simply use coconut oil and castor oil. Google them and u will see. The works of coconut oil in the hair is superb. Twill be shiny and bouncy. Thank me later cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
sheunfemix: Please dnt try vaseline @ all. It will clog the pores in the baby's head leading to hair loss. I didn't have anyone to advise me on that. My baby got serious hair damage. Untill a Doc told me to simply use coconut oil and castor oil. Google them and u will see. The works of coconut oil in the hair is superb. Twill be shiny and bouncy. Thank me later cheesy

Thanks. I'll google it now.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Coconut oil mixed with shea butter....thank me later..
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2014
So where can I purchase this coconut oil? We have Shea butter.

N.B: I live in PH

sheunfemix
LaRoyalHighness
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Mine is home made..
timbros: So where can I purchase this coconut oil? We have Shea butter.

sheunfemix
LaRoyalHighness
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Mine is home made..

I wouldn't mind learning how to make one myself.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
timbros:

I wouldn't mind learning how to make one myself.
This is my own method

Remove your coconut flesh from the shell
2.Grate with a grater
3. Blend into paste as you would for coconut rice but use warm water
4. Use a net to seive ..to separate chaff from water. Repeat this step about 3 times.. Careful not to use too much water

5. Pour the liquid in a bowl and leave it overnight as you wish/time permits you.
After this time, if your bowl is transparent you'll clearly see the milk separate itself from the water(i.e the cream will float ontop of the water in the bowl).
6. Scoop out your cream into a pot and on low heat, begin to cook.
After few minutes(say 3-4) the oil becomes visible while your cream begins to form tiny tiny crumbs...bring it now after a while.

7. Allow to cool and strain....i hope you understand.
The process is shorter than my writing.. But English is hard sha. #

2 Likes

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: This is my own method

2.Grate with a grater
4. Use a net to seive ..to separate chaff from water. Repeat this step about 3 times.. Careful not to use too much water

5. Pour the liquid in a bowl and leave it overnight as you wish/time permits you.
After this time, if your bowl is transparent you'll clearly see the milk separate itself from the water(i.e the cream will float ontop of the water in the bowl).
After few minutes(say 3-4) the oil becomes visible while your cream begins to form tiny tiny crumbs...bring it now after a while.

Thanks. Will try itsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by thorpido(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
sheunfemix: Please dnt try vaseline @ all. It will clog the pores in the baby's head leading to hair loss. I didn't have anyone to advise me on that. My baby got serious hair damage. Untill a Doc told me to simply use coconut oil and castor oil. Google them and u will see. The works of coconut oil in the hair is superb. Twill be shiny and bouncy. Thank me later cheesy
I didn't say petroleum jelly but the oil.
You're right though about the coconut oil.Natural products are better.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by Sarimah(f): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: This is my own method

2.Grate with a grater

wow...gonna try dis

1 Like

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sarimah: wow...gonna try dis

i cool
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by Sarimah(f): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Folarinwazzy:

i cool
cheesy
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sarimah: cheesy

nice dp btwsmiley
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by sheunfemix: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
timbros: So where can I purchase this coconut oil? We have Shea butter.

sheunfemix
LaRoyalHighness
. Dnt use shea butter on her hair either. It is high in fat and can also clog her hair pores its kk for the skin but if not used properly for the hair can cause more damage dan good. For the coconut oil, ask in ur local market. Get d castor oil in a pharmacy. And if u aint sure about the oil u might get in the market u can make it @ home like I do for my girls

1 Like

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by sheunfemix: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
I see someone has told u about how to make ur own coconut oil. That's how I make mine too cheesy u leave it to ferment for @ least a day d oil comes up, u low-heat fry it, the oil comes out. PS: grate more dan one coconut oh
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by timbros(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
sheunfemix: . Dnt use shea butter on her hair either. It is high in fat and can also clog her hair pores its kk for the skin but if not used properly for the hair can cause more damage dan good. For the coconut oil, ask in ur local market. Get d castor oil in a pharmacy. And if u aint sure about the oil u might get in the market u can make it @ home like I do for my girls

Thanks. I'll try making the coconut oil based on the steps above.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by Shiebi: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
sheunfemix:
. Dnt use shea butter on her hair either. It is high in fat and can also clog her hair pores its kk for the skin but if not used properly for the hair can cause more damage dan good. For the coconut oil, ask in ur local market. Get d castor oil in a pharmacy. And if u aint sure about the oil u might get in the market u can make it @ home like I do for my girls

Thought castor oil is mainly a purgative. I get worried about applying it. As u know babies scratch on their scalps alot, n d next thing it goes straight 2d mouth.

1 Like

Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by memories1(f): 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
I swear by Johnson & Johnson range of baby products and they've always served well.
Re: Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. by tabithababy(f): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
LaRoyalHighness:
This is my own method

2.Grate with a grater

kiss

(1) (Reply)

When Does Child Training Become Child Abuse? / Temptations Today With A Stupid Neighbour That Later Turned Profitable. / Guys,how Did You Feel The First Time You Saw Or Felt Your Semen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.